Why are YOU still playing?

123 replies to this topic
Thr33X
  • Thr33X

PAYLOAD Ringleader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:58 PM

Simple question. The answer might be simple for some and not so simple for others, but with the discussions going about everything from supposed lack of content to Rockstar's greed to every point in between, you who read this chances are probably still pops the disc into your console (or if you're like me and bought it digitally, just starts it up) and plays the game. 

Why?

I guess the OP should answer first so...

I play the game still because despite a rocky launch and despite technical setbacks with bugs and glitches and all that still holds the game down, it's fun to play. GTA was always open ended, but it's games have been linear still in that the story has it's natural ending. GTAO is never-ending, and the more that's added to it, by either R*'s making or my own, the more dynamic it becomes compared to single player GTA. There are big plans for this, and plan on being around to see it all happen, no matter how long it takes for it to happen.

• cshllb, whistlegoWOOOOT, iainspad and 2 others like this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:59 PM

Not playing for almost 2 months now. I keep telling myself I`ll come back, but I can`t find the drive anymore.

• Udrift, M210F and Dementious like this

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:00 PM

why do you care why someone else still plays the game :O

cheaper hookers is my reason.

Thr33X
  • Thr33X

PAYLOAD Ringleader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:01 PM Edited by Thr33X, 05 March 2014 - 06:02 PM.

why do you care why someone else still plays the game :O

cheaper hookers is my reason.

It's called a discussion. Last I checked this was a discussion forum and we were allowed to do that, or did they change the ToS and I'm just the only one who doesn't know these forums are just for troll threads and bitch fests?

• Ethereal_NYC, Xx-ADITYA-xX, Grand Theft Amanda and 9 others like this

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:03 PM

Cause I like the game...

Sadly though my GTAV days may be coming to an end soon. Dark Souls 2 and Titanfall may be vying for my attention.

Laveerre
  • Laveerre

You just lost the game

• BUSTED!
  • NATO

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:04 PM Edited by Laveerre, 05 March 2014 - 06:22 PM.

I don't "play" the game anymore, I just log on, find someone who has a microphone, call a tank and grief his ass
Inb4 "you're a jackass"
Yes I am and I admit it
EDIT: To make you feel less mad to me, I usually only grief people who CAN'T SHUT THEIR MUSIC DOWN SO THE WHOLE f*ckING LOBBY ECHOES with some sh*tty mexican music

• return-to-innocence, BrazilianGirl, ShinobiFixer and 2 others like this

ZakMc
  • ZakMc

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

I still play becuase I find it fun. Running around killing people or getting with friendlies to go on rampages.Scenery is great, races missions and deathmatches are also fun.  I recently started a mmo so I havent played in a week, but im sure Ill boot it up this weekend.

• Day Reaper likes this

QuornSausages
  • QuornSausages

Meat Free

• Members
  • Ireland

I mainly play because it is a very good time filler. Also just to mess about with mates when we can't be arsed to go out. 

It's a different experience everytime we play, unlike the likes of COD, which bores the hell out of me.

• Spade115, Day Reaper and Warlordfrost like this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Cause I like the game...

Sadly though my GTAV days may be coming to an end soon. Dark Souls 2 and Titanfall may be vying for my attention.

Titanfall has some awfully suspicious microtransaction system in place, with it`s boost cards, or whatever they are called. Add this: http://www.forbes.co...l-of-its-games/ and you might end up with a pay 2 win system in there. Thread carefully, I`d say.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

I still play the game because I enjoy playing the game. Wheter it be doing races or co-op missions etc.

• Day Reaper and iainspad like this

Chillmatic
  • Chillmatic

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:06 PM

Got nothing better to play, will probably stop once Infamous: Second Son and Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes comes out for the PS4.

• UchihaRingo likes this

Xavierr
  • Xavierr

why

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:06 PM Edited by Xavierr, 06 March 2014 - 04:26 AM.

Like you said, it's non linear, I'm free to do whatever I want . It's like a 5 in 1 game

But usually I'm expecting someone to troll or fail during a mission , so I can get some good laughs in.

And I like to see how I fare against gta racers from time to time.
  • Magick, Spade115 and Day Reaper like this

Thr33X
  • Thr33X

PAYLOAD Ringleader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:09 PM

Cause I like the game...

This is one of the main things I was leading to right here. It's March, so now that we're getting out of the winter slump there's gonna be a lot of new games rolling out soon. It will be interesting to see who sticks around by the end of Spring. I will be one of them myself, regardless of what else I play...the only possible exceptions will be Destiny or The Division.

• Spade115 likes this

KnobCheez
  • KnobCheez

Gangsta

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:10 PM

Simple answer bro, it's fun and I enjoy it.
Got just under 20 days playing time and am enjoying it as much as ever. I haven't read a book in nearly 6 months now which is the longest I've gone in over 30 years.
When/if it stops being fun, I'll go and do something else.
  • Magick, Tabula Rasa, Day Reaper and 1 other like this

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Cause I like the game...

Titanfall has some awfully suspicious microtransaction system in place, with it`s boost cards, or whatever they are called. Add this: http://www.forbes.co...l-of-its-games/ and you might end up with a pay 2 win system in there. Thread carefully, I`d say.

yeah I didn't realize EA was the publisher for that game. Honestly I boycotted EA games for roughly 3 years when they implemented their pay to play MP if you buy used. When they dropped the practice I started shopping for EA games again. I'm aware of the DLC for this game though, if I do buy it I was probably going to get the season pass thing.

I'm not against DLC, but like you said I'm also not a fan of pay to win IE: World of Tanks and games like that.

Pink_Lady
  • Pink_Lady

Player Hater

• Members
  • Uruguay

I'm a long term player, "discovered" the online GTA 5 two months ago, actually having a lot of fun and pretend to play constantly online at least until December (2014) or even more.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:11 PM

Cause I like the game...

This is one of the main things I was leading to right here. It's March, so now that we're getting out of the winter slump there's gonna be a lot of new games rolling out soon. It will be interesting to see who sticks around by the end of Spring. I will be one of them myself, regardless of what else I play...the only possible exceptions will be Destiny or The Division.

Yeah Titanfall and DS2 come out this month. I'm also really looking forward for Destiny.

Sonically
  • Sonically

Rat

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:11 PM

I don't "play" the game anymore, I just log on, find someone who has a microphone, call a tank and grief his ass
Inb4 "you're a jackass"
Yes I am and I admit it

this is actually all that i do now. log on, kill people, eventually leads to an all out war, quit the game, go about my day.

Cokecan72
  • Cokecan72

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:12 PM

Even though the latest DLC was a steaming load of useless crap, more guns (great), More cars that i don't have room for (stooped lack of multi property ownership) and that are not up to spec to the cars i already have.. But...

I Still love this game, be it racing,Deathmatches, or just some freeroam madness. Nothing else does it like GTA does it.. :)

Jeff Nesteruk
  • Jeff Nesteruk

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:12 PM

Because I enjoy the game, unlike most of these whiners on this forum

• Day Reaper likes this

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Im a F*cking Marine!!!!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:13 PM

I play invite only with friends and have a good time not worrying about money ect

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:13 PM

The game is fun. Sometimes, assholes make me want to stop playing, and I get seriously irritated at some stupid decisions Rockstar have made... but what am I going to do? What could replace a GTA? Not much.
  • Magick and RaNdAll959613 like this

Mattyp1514
  • Mattyp1514

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

Cause I like the game...

Novel idea that someone could like a game after a few months!!!

Seriously though, I love this game.  I got it in January, and still find new things to entertain me.  Finally having some money is nice as well.  I constantly find goals to set (usually item unlocks and stuff) and keep moving the bar back every time I get one.  Currently level 92 and looking towards the RPG.

I have always stuck with less games for longer periods of time.  I basically play 4 games at this point (well mainly GTA) but every now and then I'll play FIFA, NCAA Football or BL2.  FIFA is 2013 so its dated, NCAA season is over, and BL2 is all done for me...not much left to do until April.  So, I stick with GTA and have good laughs at a lot of dumb sh*t.

• mmm chocolate likes this

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:17 PM

Well honestly I've been playing since Sept so I'm creeping up on 6 months soon of playing one game. It's not that I don't like it either it's just that when I get invested in a game I tend to binge on that particular game. It's just how I game.

• mmm chocolate likes this

xIlIxGHOSTxIlIx
  • xIlIxGHOSTxIlIx

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:18 PM

Im about the same as you Op. Most games can only go so far before content ends and the devs move on to the next project. However with GTA:O R* will continue to support this game (supposedly) fora long time to come now. No one can say thats a fact but for me its wishful thinking. There are so many things to do in the game i am hardly ever bored. And with some of the GTAF community events and such are held that add more variety to the game. One day ill do some car meets and drag races. One day ill do some bmx. The next i can hoof it up Chilliad in my Sandking. The next cruise the beachfront in my Turismo. Missions, races, theres just to much to list.

Im one of those guys that stop playing the game after ive really been into it for months and months. Heck ive even backed off bf4 because i just cant stop playing GTAO.

Anyway sorry for the long post. In my eyes, while
gtao has alot of issues and such i sill believe it will last a long time and be fun the whole way!

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

DON'T SWEAT THE TECHNIQUE

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:31 PM

Some of us prefer GTA over all other games. I played IV on 9.16.13.
  • Magick and cshllb like this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Glitcher In 12 Step Program

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:32 PM

i keep playing because i enjoy the game.

i played IV exclusively for 2 straight years before i felt i had played enough.

V is simply bigger and with much stuff, i dont see me dropping V or GTAO aby time soon!

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:33 PM

Because it is still fun.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:34 PM

I entertain myself with gaming. If the game I am playing is not entertaining me I stop playing it and try to find something that will. No complaints or whining I just quit. I preordered GTAV and the disk went in the tray 5 minutes after I got home. It has not left that tray since it went in there. I have not watched any television shows, movies, netflix, read a book, played another game or any of the other numerous things that I might find entertaining since I started playing this. Why? Because I find this more entertaining with its wide variety of things to do, endless possibilities and constantly changing environment.
I only stop playing in my free time for Eating, bathroom, sex or family obligations. I am happily entertainedby GTAO

The Spook
  • The Spook

Driver - Assassin

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:34 PM

Because it's GTA.

Because of the insane crew I joined (That you're in, OP! <3)

Because I earned my way through 190 levels legit, bought 9 cars and a motorcycle and fully modded them legit. No reason to stop now.

Because despite the bugs and glitches it's still big fun.

Because I know there's much more to come...

• Dementious, cshllb, wanes and 2 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users