Oscar Pistorius Case

44 replies to this topic
iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:59 PM

One thing that bugs me, who shoots through a door like that? The thought makes me cringe since it goes against the most basic gun safety principles. You always need to know what you're shooting at and what's behind your target. At best it's still negligent homicide.

I want to know more about his history with guns.

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:07 PM

^ He loves guns and owns (or owned) at least a couple. He often visited the shooting range, he always sleeps with a pistol near his bed, and he owns (or owned) a machine gun. Inside a packed restaurant, a gun he was holding accidentally discharged and the bullet just missed his friend's foot. He apparently shot into the air through the open sun roof of a car as a joke after being pulled over and warned by a policeman, he apparently pointed his gun at people who he believes were following him and he once tweeted how he shot at his washing machine after thinking the noise it was making was an intruder.

Also, one night he heard a noise coming from the bathroom and he first woke his ex-girlfriend (something he didn't do with Reeva if we believe his side of the story that it was an accident, otherwise he would've seen that she was not in bed at the time) before going to check what it was, loaded gun in hand. Turned out to be nothing, just like all the other times.

Just some of the stuff that has been revealed so far.
  • Slave Boy and Audiophile like this

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Soothe us with sweet lies...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:16 PM Edited by Audiophile, 07 March 2014 - 03:23 PM.

Yeah he sounds like a fool. He has been negligent in the past and it's surprising nothing like this happened before.

He's a fool and now he's going to pay for it, whether it was on purpose or not. That's what you get for playing around with weapons. 

I have no sympathy for him.

• Melchior likes this

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:27 PM

can tell from his eyes he's guilty. he shot her because he's f***ing mental.

same reason that other motherf***r killed his wife in south africa, that dewani bloke. guilty as f***

• iiGh0STt likes this

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:37 PM

My source is from the court. If you look at the evidence against Oscar Pistorius, an extremely vital witness has confirmed that Oscar and his girlfriend argued for an hour. From my recollection, I remember that two witnesses stated that Oscar and his girlfriend had been arguing. Only one witness has confirmed that the argument lasted for an hour.

Only one witness claimed an argument directly preceded the shooting. You can't use this as and say "The vast majority of people believe Pistorius shot and killed his girlfriend after an argument escalated". She sounded quite a bit confused in her testimony, which was inconsistent with her own husband's version of events.

I should also mention that she was the only witness to come forward about Oscar and his girlfriend arguing. From my perspective, she didn't seem confused at all. She seemed upset, as she was crying heavily. She knew them too. Imagine seeing a happy couple one day, and the next day one of them is shot and killed. I'd rather believe the witness than to leave it to speculation. I remember hearing that two witnesses came forward, I think the other was a male. Yeah, and the female witness confirmed that they had been arguing for an hour. As someone has said previously in this topic, if someone is in your home, you wouldn't simply grab your handgun from the side and fire six bullets into the door. One witness also confirmed that after Oscar fired three bullets, the witness heard a loud scream, a loud female scream. Not being biased or anything, but most burglars are males. He most of certainly known that his girlfriend wasn't at the other side of the bed.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:47 PM Edited by Audiophile, 07 March 2014 - 03:48 PM.

I just looked into this some more and his defence is basically exactly what I thought it would be. He knows he is going to go down for her murder, he doesn't deny killing her. He just denies doing it intentionally to avoid a pre-mediated murder charge. He's going for what they call a culpable murder charge in SA. Which is basically when you do kill someone but you did not commit the murder intentionally, you did not plan it in advance. It just happened out of circumstance. 

Pre-mediated murder would be a life-sentence. Culpable homicide (think of manslaughter, basically) is not a life-sentence and is a less serious charge. It's used for homicides committed out of negligence - unlawful killing -, which is what I believe he is guilty of for using a weapon so lightly and foolishly. He was definitely negligent no matter if the murder was intentional or not. And based on stories from the past, it wouldn't be the first time. 

So either it's true or it's a story he constructed in order to get a lighter sentence. Like I said, better to be charged with manslaughter "culpable homicide" than pre-mediated murder. 

Let's see what his legal team can pull off and what happens. 

• johnny_zoo likes this

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:56 PM Edited by iiGh0STt, 07 March 2014 - 03:58 PM.

^ He loves guns and owns (or owned) at least a couple. He often visited the shooting range, he always sleeps with a pistol near his bed, and he owns (or owned) a machine gun. Inside a packed restaurant, a gun he was holding accidentally discharged and the bullet just missed his friend's foot. He apparently shot into the air through the open sun roof of a car as a joke after being pulled over and warned by a policeman, he apparently pointed his gun at people who he believes were following him and he once tweeted how he shot at his washing machine after thinking the noise it was making was an intruder.

Also, one night he heard a noise coming from the bathroom and he first woke his ex-girlfriend (something he didn't do with Reeva if we believe his side of the story that it was an accident, otherwise he would've seen that she was not in bed at the time) before going to check what it was, loaded gun in hand. Turned out to be nothing, just like all the other times.

Just some of the stuff that has been revealed so far.

what the actual f*ck. I am surprised all this has surfaced, and he is just now getting in trouble for such negligence.

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:32 PM Edited by Adriaan, 08 March 2014 - 08:35 PM.

She seemed upset, as she was crying heavily. She knew them too. Imagine seeing a happy couple one day, and the next day one of them is shot and killed. I'd rather believe the witness than to leave it to speculation.

She (van der Merwe) did not know them. Her husband did (who had informed her, "No - it sounds like Oscar's voice screaming - not a woman". A witness' account is not always the truth... mistakes are made. As an example, in more recent testimony, time stamps on call logs are different to what two witnesses claim as far as timing is concerned. In one example, a witness claimed he called Oscar first (when call logs show it was Oscar who had initiated the first call to this witness).

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:35 AM

I've pretty much watched the trial live every day (even at work), and it's not looking good for Oscar right now. It's not the smartest idea to start blaming your own defense team (and everyone else for that matter) for everything that's not going according to plan in court. I have to say that the defense team is looking quite defeated at the moment...

Man, I absolutely love the prosecutor lol!!

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:16 AM

(...)although I doubt it. He looks guilty just from his body language. 

wat

Because the best thing to do is draw conclusions from appearances. 

'I knew he was guilty as soon as he walked in the room! You can tell because he's _________!'

Yeah, you dumb. 

I see what you are saying and nobody should be deemed guilty or innocent solely on body language ... OP was merely expressing his opinion and one of the factors in him coming to that opinion was Pistorious' body language. It's not to say that if OP was in the position of the Judge and Jury that he'd just plain put him away. 

And body language is a fascinating thing...

• Raavi likes this

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

I've pretty much watched the trial live every day (even at work), and it's not looking good for Oscar right now. It's not the smartest idea to start blaming your own defense team (and everyone else for that matter) for everything that's not going according to plan in court. I have to say that the defense team is looking quite defeated at the moment...

Man, I absolutely love the prosecutor lol!!

Yeah he is good! Doesnt hold back at all.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:28 PM Edited by Audiophile, 11 April 2014 - 09:30 PM.

I watched his cross examination from April 10th and I have to say, he's f*cked if there is any justice. 

His story is bullsh*t, his story is in shambles, his lie is crumbling. He can't even keep his lies straight. Another suspicious thing, when people lie they add small details in to their lie to make it more believable...at one point he said that he was sitting in bed (or lying down, I don't remember at this moment) and he touched his face with his hands and then blah blah. U WOT M8? So you don't recall many important details, but you remember that more than a year ago you touched your face with your hands? I don't even remember how many times I touched my face in the last hour, let alone day or month or year. 

There is no human being in the world with reasonable thinking who would believe any of what Pistorius is saying. All he is doing is playing the blame game. "The police moved it! They stole my watches, I had watches missing!" "I don't recall!" etc. etc. Love his theatrics in court and that every time a hard question comes up he cries that it was a traumatic day for him and lets the tears flow so he can get a moment, I'm sure to BS more in his mind or get his story together. 

I swear, if it wasn't so obvious he was the one who shot Reeva, and he wasn't caught "red-handed" he would be up there crying that it was someone else, it wasn't him. 

He can't deny it was him so now he's trying to construct this ridiculous series of events to show that he had no intent and was just acting in self-defence. 4 shots for self-defence through a door because obviously the first place an intruder would go is the bathroom, right? And at no point whatsoever did she scream or say anything after the first shot? The second shot? Of course she did! Every one would scream or say something if they were shot and that's when a reasonable person would be like "oh my bad, you're not an intruder." 

Lawl he's going down like the Titanic. I have no sympathy for this pathetic fool. 

• Tommy. likes this

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:39 PM

I really doubt this guy killed her on purpose I just don't see someone being that good at faking emotions.....

Alhalish
  • Alhalish

Scholar of Shen Zhou

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:36 PM

Yep, not even Phoenix Wright can save this guy's ass.

Such a shame, a talent wasted....

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:35 PM Edited by Audiophile, 13 April 2014 - 10:35 PM.

I really doubt this guy killed her on purpose I just don't see someone being that good at faking emotions.....

I've seen it before in certain people. When it's your ass on the line, believe me, some people can fake those kind of emotions.

Not necessarily fake but just how it effects you is enough to make someone emotional. If that makes sense. He might not be crying for her but for himself because I'm pretty sure no matter how this turns out, his career is f*cked. 

I've watched his testimony, there are too many holes in his story for someone who is completely telling the truth. Before I watched I was somewhat on the fence on whether or not he killed her with intent and purpose but after...no...his story is just too far-fetched to be truth. He's making it sound like he was set up, like the scene was altered, that he heard no one and nothing after he fired the first shot and it's all to fit the story that he constructed so as not to appear that he shot her with intent or carelessness. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users