354 replies to this topic
S0lo
  • S0lo

Persona Non Grata

• Members
  • Olympics
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:14 PM

I had another go at Lost and Found today with the Turismo and got a better time 1:26.240 is now my best, I have a photo to prove if necessary. 

photos are always necessary. it's the internet after all. everybody is a lying piece of rotten scum until proven otherwise.

• Surak and JuZ 75 like this

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

GTAPhotographer Commissioner

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:23 PM Edited by AlexSniperBullet, 28 March 2014 - 07:24 PM.

Top 5 in Searacing East Coast Mingame Story mode. took me 17 attempts to get that time. attempted to break it afterwards :p

Link. http://socialclub.ro...arace/eastcoast

E27xmiX.png

S0lo
  • S0lo

Persona Non Grata

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:57 PM Edited by King S0lo, 28 March 2014 - 07:57 PM.

A QUESTION FOR THE WHOLE DEDICATED RACING COMMUNITY:

i'm considering to start a thread with a real leader board system that differentiates between classes, race modes, maybe even the weather or whatever else makes sense (suggestions welcome) and that is cleared of the obviously hacked/NOS'd/glitched/modded/just generally manipulated results.

clearly this would be a huge undertaking that would need the participation and support of as many people, forum members as well as GTAO players in general who get informed about this by friends who frequent this forum, so i thought i'd better ask first if people would appreciate such an opportunity to register and compare their racing skills. i'm not at all trying to compete with this here thread, i think of it more as the sort of leaderboard rockstar should have implemented in the first place. i'd take it upon me to keep the thread updated, relevant and in an easy-to-use form, maybe even by the use of external, excel-style tables (google docs perhaps), but without the involvement of the dedicated racers of GTAO there would be no sense in making it in the first place.

so please, if you would be interested in such a thread, leave a comment or like this post (and, of course, subscribe to my channel) (sorry, had to be) so i can see how much support there is for this idea. thanks in advance.

• DAM351V8 likes this

BrownMattHall
  • BrownMattHall

You don't have enough badges to train me

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:20 PM

i'm considering to start a thread with a real leader board system that differentiates between classes, race modes, maybe even the weather or whatever else makes sense (suggestions welcome) and that is cleared of the obviously hacked/NOS'd/glitched/modded/just generally manipulated results.

clearly this would be a huge undertaking that would need the participation and support of as many people, forum members as well as GTAO players in general who get informed about this by friends who frequent this forum, so i thought i'd better ask first if people would appreciate such an opportunity to register and compare their racing skills. i'm not at all trying to compete with this here thread, i think of it more as the sort of leaderboard rockstar should have implemented in the first place. i'd take it upon me to keep the thread updated, relevant and in an easy-to-use form, maybe even by the use of external, excel-style tables (google docs perhaps), but without the involvement of the dedicated racers of GTAO there would be no sense in making it in the first place.

so please, if you would be interested in such a thread, leave a comment or like this post (and, of course, subscribe to my channel) (sorry, had to be) so i can see how much support there is for this idea. thanks in advance.

well what did you have in mind that this thread isnt doing?

S0lo
  • S0lo

Persona Non Grata

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:36 PM

i see this thread more as an opportunity to challenge other players, while what i have in mind would just be a neutral collection of data. but maybe i'm wrong and this here already does the job for most players interested in racing. that's why i ask before making such a thread.

BrownMattHall
  • BrownMattHall

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:41 PM

i see this thread more as an opportunity to challenge other players, while what i have in mind would just be a neutral collection of data. but maybe i'm wrong and this here already does the job for most players interested in racing. that's why i ask before making such a thread.

im not trying to discourage you from it if i came off like that, but do elaborate on what youre trying to collect: data on whos the fastest racer, fastest cars in class, etc. id be willing to help out regardless

JuZ 75
  • JuZ 75

Salad Dodger

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:48 PM Edited by JuZ 75, 28 March 2014 - 08:49 PM.

I had another go at Lost and Found today with the Turismo and got a better time 1:26.240 is now my best, I have a photo to prove if necessary.

photos are always necessary. it's the internet after all. everybody is a lying piece of rotten scum until proven otherwise.

Here ya go matey
lostfound_zpsf92237cc.jpg
Funny how it shows my Turismo as being red, it's green!

S0lo
  • S0lo

Persona Non Grata

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:55 PM

Here ya go matey
lostfound_zpsf92237cc.jpg
Funny how it shows my Turismo as being red, it's green!

sweet, but it would be even sweeter if you posted the actual leader board position, as that shows whether you did it in a gta race with boosts, or in a legit normal race.

S0lo
  • S0lo

Persona Non Grata

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:03 PM

-snip-

im not trying to discourage you from it if i came off like that, but do elaborate on what youre trying to collect: data on whos the fastest racer, fastest cars in class, etc. id be willing to help out regardless

basically really just what rockstar should've done in the first place: differentiate between classes and race modes. Example of 3 possible categories:

"Counting Coroners"/ Sports Cars/ Normal (non-gta) Race (would have to decide on a less complicated name)/ X Laps

"Counting Coroners"/ Coupes/ GTA Race/ Y Laps

"Counting Coroners"/ Motorcycles/ GTA Race/ Fastest Lap

JuZ 75
  • JuZ 75

Salad Dodger

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:13 PM

LampF_zpsb058ef2d.jpg

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

GTAPhotographer Commissioner

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:55 AM

wonder if i could become top 1 

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

I don't give a f*ck

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:40 PM

This is for the RRR guys :) It's also my first and only world record. 

Worldrecord_zpsc5c764b7.jpg

RDT33
  • RDT33

That Guy from that Thing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:54 AM

Actually, I saw you at the top of the list on another track.  Can't think of it.  Might have been 'Around the Mirror.'

BrownMattHall
  • BrownMattHall

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:05 AM

just got a 50.7....but i couldnt tell if it was a 764 or a 784....im gonna keep running it regardless to beat it but yeah lmfao. on an akuma btw

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

I don't give a f*ck

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:08 AM

just got a 50.7....but i couldnt tell if it was a 764 or a 784....im gonna keep running it regardless to beat it but yeah lmfao. on an akuma btw

Not the lap time the collective time. 

BrownMattHall
  • BrownMattHall

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:12 AM Edited by BrownMattHall, 11 April 2014 - 01:13 AM.

Not the lap time the collective time. 

oh! that changes everything haha

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

I don't give a f*ck

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:14 AM

If you are getting 50.7's getting that time in 3 laps should be a breeze for you ;) 

BrownMattHall
  • BrownMattHall

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:35 AM Edited by BrownMattHall, 11 April 2014 - 01:42 AM.

If you are getting 50.7's getting that time in 3 laps should be a breeze for you ;)

2:34.9 / 50.4 lap, pics on my phone i need to grab the usb cable really quick. pics coming!

EDIT:

Spoiler

not sure why the second pic is sideways...idk

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

I don't give a f*ck

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:50 AM Edited by LambentBunny, 11 April 2014 - 02:05 AM.

Nice I just hit a 49.5 around there I could have taken a corner or two a hair faster so I should be able to better that tomorrow.  

Edit already beaten it 2nd try :) 234.2 50.1 lap 

BrownMattHall
  • BrownMattHall

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:02 AM Edited by BrownMattHall, 11 April 2014 - 02:02 AM.

Nice I just hit a 49.5 around there I could have taken a corner or two a hair faster so I should be able to better that tomorrow.  

looking forward to it :D

they need to give us second garages so i can get my hands on a bati finally

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

I don't give a f*ck

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:07 AM Edited by LambentBunny, 11 April 2014 - 02:13 AM.

Already just beaten it 234.2 I like the Akuma over the Bati but had no luck with it pretty sure I could shave off another 2 -3 seconds maybe more off the total time. 

BrownMattHall
  • BrownMattHall

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:19 AM

Already just beaten it 234.2 I like the Akuma over the Bati but had no luck with it pretty sure I could shave off another 2 -3 seconds maybe more off the total time. 

hmm, ill give it another go later on or tomorrow

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

I don't give a f*ck

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:21 AM

hmm, ill give it another go later on or tomorrow

Pretty sure the Akuma should be faster around there (glad you are using it) It's a very turny track with no real straights. 

S0lo
  • S0lo

Persona Non Grata

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:19 AM

if only world records were awarded for total times... i'd have a few then. but noooo, it has to be the fastest lap. and that's either messed up from the NOS days or through hackglitchmod-shenanigans. that 0.09sec. lap time on one of the land races is probably the most extreme i have seen so far.

Pardew's Prostate
  • Pardew's Prostate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:19 PM Edited by Pardew's Prostate, 17 April 2014 - 10:20 PM.

BUMP.

Wanted to try the new verified map Break out the Brakes  (http://rsg.ms/Rte4Cy) so have set a marker,  GTA mode has no boosts, only health and rockets so I did standard race with all options off apart from custom cars.

2 laps - 02:17.099 

Best lap - 01:08.001

WP_20140417_005_1.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users