The Official "Im Better Than You" Race Challenge Thread

354 replies to this topic
mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:17 PM Edited by mo-seph, 19 March 2014 - 02:37 PM.

So there's a lot of flopping of the old E-peen when it comes to racing, debating which car is the best or who is the Emperor of the Blacktop, the Sultan of Skills and whos just a downright Regina with too much Bravado...

Are you sick and tired of seeing...

"x car "steamrolls" y car"

"Id smoke your x in my y"

"you'd never beat a field of good drivers in your x"

"obviously you race with catchup"

then your in the right place...

Im not usually one to get into the debate of what cars better of whos the better driver, but yall need a space to get it out of your system and i got thi'Surge to make it...

It time to lay down the Gauntlet (or indeed find the Dominator) and see whos got the biggest Ballers and whos just a Faggio... Who's the Exemplar and who's just a Space Docker

i know there's a few of you out there that seem to think your better than everyone else...So for all you Ayrton Senna and Michael Shumacher wanabe's put your money where your mouth is and actually post your race times...

Get your Tailgaiter ready for a good Schafting and show us who's got the bigger Adder (or en-tity's) and who is just the forum Jester...

Ill get the ball rolling and we can Picador who's the top of the GTAF pile, find our whos the Alpha and whos just a Coquette... I woudnt consider myself the best driver around, im not that arrogant but i can hold me own

grassroute2ibty_zps9fbf0e85.jpg

dippinginibty_zps88146c05.jpg

CuttingCoronoersIBTY_zpsd6e2a2f3.jpg

overthehumpibty_zps3540c0b6.jpg

senorafreewayibty_zpsd0d6c101.jpg

bluffingibty_zps5f695106.jpg

So who's gonna best my times....  if you beat my time and your on ps3, add me for a Head 2 Head and we can pop up pics of the results here...

Someone been pissing you off on the GTAF with their bragging... send them here and tell em to put up, or shut up..... Those who prove their times, deserve to brag, those who dont, arent worth the time to argue with...

The Rules

Street Rules - Winners win, losers go home..... got a faster time than the other guy... you win...

Ive separated times into respective classes, so if you wana set a Class specific challenge i.e "Ill beat any compact on Old Downtown" then post it up.

Theres also the Solo section for serious time trialists and a Head2Head section for those who want to battle it out with another GTAF Member.

Current "No Holds Barred" Challenge Times

(If you can beat these or you want to set the bar for the rest of us... post a pic of your time)

This is a set of no holds barred "best" times, no rules, just a "bet you cant beat this time" statement is enough to get your name up here (as long as you provide proof).. till someone beats you of course..

DISCLAIMER: REMEMBER THIS BIT IS JUST A FOR FUN, IF YOU WANA BE A BIT MORE SERIOUS KEEP SCROLLING FOR THE SOLO CHALLANGES...

Super Times

Grand Tour : HalvsteinShingle (Pigeon420) 6:47:345

Thrills In the Hills: Krakus - 1:18:359 Entity
Jump and Die : Krakus - 1:40:858 rank 240  Entity
Monaco GP: Krakus - 2:29:038 Entity
Commute: Krakus - 1:43:359 Entity
Through the Grapevine: Luap Yllier 2:16.77 Entity
Greanwhich Meantime: Luap Yllier 1:26.00 Entity
Dockyard: Luap Yllier 1:22.27 Adder
Senora Freeway: Mo-Seph - 1:53:813 Entity
Cutting Coroners: Luap Yllier - 0:56.67 Entity

Sports Times

Over the Hump: Logan1ner - 1:03:764 Elegy GoodSport92  01:05.96 Elegy Mo-seph - 1:06:795 Elegy

Sedan Times

-

Coupe Times

Learning Curve: Luap Yllier 1:46.42 Exemplar

Bike Times

Cutting Coroners : Nivak - 49:041 Akuma Luap Yllier Akuma 49.7 Nivak a 51:669 Akuma Snilsson - 00:51:959 Bati801

Vinewood Nights : Luap Yllier 1:50.74 Akuma (13th in world)

Over the Hill 2: Krakus - 3:39:099 Bati 801 Rank 430

4Way Madness: LeedsMonkey - 1:00:406 Bati801

Dipping In: Barcodee 2:08:428 Nivak  2:08:883 w/ Akuma Luap Yllier - Akuma 2:09.05 Brownmatthall 2:09.5 Akuma Mo-seph 2:11:698 Akuma Krakus -  2:16:922 Bati 801  Luap Yllier - 2.19

Downtown Underground: Nivak 1:03:403 Bati801 Luap Yllier 1:04.68 Akuma

Dorset Drive = Nitty Don 56:415 Akuma ... Mo-seph - 58:309 Akuma Nitty Don 58:96 ...Ranked 38.

Compact Times

Old Downtown: Krakus -  42:815 prairie!?

Off-Road Times

Grass Rt II: Mo-Seph 1:54:959 NIttyDon 1:55:58 Luap Yllier 1:58.48 Bifta
Bluffing: Luap Yllier - 1:17.29 Bifta Mo-Seph 1:17:554

Just Deserts: Luap Yllier 1:08.88 Bifta

Redwood Light District : Krakus - 1:16:577 Sanchez
Grass Route: Nivak 2:16:780 - Sanchez
The Dam Before the Storm - Mo-Seph 1:54:318 - Sanchez

Muscle Times

Nurburgring: Krakus - 5:39:445 Gauntlet

Dipping In : Luap Yllier - - 2:20.099 Dominator

Sports Classics Times

Plane Times

Downtown, Downtown -  Cjxj220 1:29;443 - Vestra Mo-Seph 1:45:463 Mallard

Boat Times

Cycle Times

Solo Challenges  (THE SERIOUS RACERS BIT)

This is a space for people who want to make a specific challenge, i.e specific car, track, conditions etc... A space for those who want to take this a little more seriously and set conditional challenges

DISCLAIMER:
All these challenges need to be done SOLO. All times are Custom, unless otherwise stated as STOCK

Bikes

Cutting Coroners - IckyDoodyPooPoo 50.884 Akuma BrownMatthall 50.764 Akuma Luap Yllier - Akuma 51.602 Nivak - Akuma - 51:669. Jimrod 52@527 Bati801

Downtown Underground - Loga1ner - 1:02:297  MrNivak - 1:03:403

Nurburgring - BrownMattHall 4:14.9 Akuma  Snilsson-  4:15:813 - Bati801

Going Down - IckyDoodyPooPoo - Bati801- 2:49:995

Learning Curve - IckyDoodyPooPoo - 1:33:894 Bati

Dorset Drive - IckyDoodyPooPoo - 56.160 - Bati BrownMattHall - 56.3 - Akuma Logan1ner - 56:356 - Akuma Luap Yllier - 56.672 - Akuma

Hot Lappers Unite! - Luap Yllier - Akuma - 1:28.97

4 Way Madness - Loga1ner 59:997

Around the Mirror - VIPPrimo - 1:02.470 Akuma

Supers

Cutting Coroners - Mike Pluggers - Entity -  54.122 Nivak - Entity - 54:472
   Luap Yllier - Entity 55:681 BrownMatthall Turismo - 56.8

Hot Lappers Unite! - Luap Yllier - Entity - 1:39.97

Thrills In the Hills - Loga1ner - 1:14:748

Lost And Found - Juz75 - TurismoR 01:28:279

Sports

Dockyard Grand Prix - Luap Yllier - Feltzer - 1:26.88 Luap Yllier- Jester - 1:26.07 BrownMatthall Jester 1:26.588

Over The Hump - Loga1ner 1:03:764 Elegy BrownMattHall - Jester - 1:05.456

Hot Lappers Unite! - IckyDoodyPooPoo - 1:37:064 Elegy (challenged anyone in a super to beat him) Luap Yllier - Feltzer - 1:42.97

Laguna Seca Remake - Loga1ner - Elegy 1:04:731

Muscle

Dipping in - 2 laps overall time - Luap Yllier stock Dominator - 5:01:241

Nurburgring - BrownMAtthall - Ruiner -  5:25.5

Coupes

Cutting Coroners- Stock Exemplar- Luap Yllier1:02.368

Learning Curve - Mike Pluggers91 - Exemplar - 1:39.196 BrownMatthall - F620 - 1:49.8

Dorset Drive - MikepLuggers91 - Exemplar -  1:02.727

Hot Lappers Unite! -Luap Yllier - Exemplar - 1:48.103

Sedans

Compacts

Old Downtown - BrownMAtthall - Bista - 39.006

SUV

Sports Classics

Through the Grapevine - Faster Than You 2:15´391  STOCK Z-type Proof here.

Head 2 Head Challenges

The Third and Final challenge set... If you still cant settle your differences then go head 2 head, one-on-one, mano a mano and post a pic of your times to see hows the top dog....

mosenilcuttingcoroners_zps10d9f42c.jpg

Ps.dont forget to mash the  like button, subscribe, share on facebook, twitter, tumblr, foursquare, your mums fridge and in skywriting........ if we get to 100 pages, 6000 followers and 50'000'000 likes before the end of today ill personally give each of you a piece of the moon...

• Ballistic Jello, coach_wargo, EyeMacHunt and 11 others like this

J_Villasenor
  • J_Villasenor

☆ Legendary Cat ☆

• Members

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:18 PM

The thread title came from somewhere... Hmmm?

pkcrazie
  • pkcrazie

Too weird to live, and too rare to die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:22 PM

@mo-seph One small issue - quickest times will be on bikes in 95% of races... What about taking a screenshot of best laps in cars?

J_Villasenor
  • J_Villasenor

☆ Legendary Cat ☆

• Members

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:23 PM

@mo-seph One small issue - quickest times will be on bikes in 95% of races... What about taking a screenshot of best laps in cars?

Akumas beat almost everything with it's overpowered turning speed, and acceleration.

But in straight races, I don't think so...

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:25 PM Edited by mo-seph, 05 March 2014 - 01:32 PM.

im not restricting how people prove their times, leaderboards are fine, but if you wana challenge someone specifically i.e "my tailgaiters faster than all your schafters cos its an audi"...

then you're welcome to post finishing times from a race to prove you're the Hot-Knife around these parts......

Like i say im really not a competitive person, i race for fun not to wave my win loss ratio all over a forum. I just tried to pick a range of tracks where my best times were in different vehicles, some bikes, supers, sports and offorad are shown and i already had these pics to hand...

ive got other times from individual races i could put up too.... but i wana see whos top 10k in the world, and whos just a whiney lil Mule

J_Villasenor
  • J_Villasenor

☆ Legendary Cat ☆

• Members

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

im not restricting how people prove their times, leaderboards are fine, but if you wana challenge someone specifically i.e "my tailgaiters faster than all your schafters cos its an audi"...

then your welcome to post finishing times from a race to prove your the Hot-Knife around these parts......

So, this is an "Anything goes." thing?

Also, *you're.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:34 PM Edited by mo-seph, 05 March 2014 - 01:35 PM.

then your welcome to post finishing times from a race to prove your the Hot-Knife around these parts......

Also, *you're.

its all in the name of fun dude, i dont really care if youve got catch up on, slipstreaming active and get yourself a race partner on a gta race hitting on the boosts.... however you get your time is upto you, but theres those on here that i know race fast and well (mostly in either your crew or mine..), then  there's those who spend all day claiming how fast they are and never actually step up to the plate and prove it... lets see how many of them take the bait...

ive updated the OP with some rules... theyre not to hard to follow :p

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:37 PM

That post was a rather interesting read. And if I was on PS3, I'd say Challenge Accepted, but sadly for both of us in on Xbox, so the only way to challenge would be time trials and an honor rule.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:39 PM Edited by mo-seph, 05 March 2014 - 01:44 PM.

That post was a rather interesting read. And if I was on PS3, I'd say Challenge Accepted, but sadly for both of us in on Xbox, so the only way to challenge would be time trials and an honor rule.

theres no console restrictions (i would have put PS3 in the title if there was).... yall have access to the R* created tracks... if your on Xbox and you beat my time on Bluffing, then props to you cos you in the best 150 in the world...

i trust that an honour rule will work just fine, seems to with the approved racers thread so why not here, your only cheating yourself if you think lying on a forum about your performance in a game is a reasonable measure of your self worth...

so come on percy... lemme see those times :p

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:44 PM

theres no console restrictions (i would have put PS3 in the title if there was).... yall have access to the R* created tracks... if your on Xbox and you beat my time on Bluffing, then props to you cos you in the best 150 in the world...
True I could use the R* Created and Verified races. And I love trying to beat records, whether it be personal or world wide. Give me a list of tracks and I'll see what I can do :) mine are going to be set in Time Trials solo, so I don't have to deal with the hassles of matchmaking.

I remember when they first verified the Nurburgring I was number 2 in the world :D now that's more than likely long gone LMAO
  • mo-seph likes this

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:46 PM

True I could use the R* Created and Verified races. And I love trying to beat records, whether it be personal or world wide. Give me a list of tracks and I'll see what I can do :) mine are going to be set in Time Trials solo, so I don't have to deal with the hassles of matchmaking.

I remember when they first verified the Nurburgring I was number 2 in the world :D now that's more than likely long gone LMAO

do it son, as a start try the tracks ive uploaded as id love someone to beat me, jsut to prove a point hahaha

then maybe thrown down one or two others and see if someone can beat you... ultimately theres unlikey to be one person who beats everyone on every track, so it should be pretty dynamic.. (ps im rubbish on laguna seca ... )

J_Villasenor
  • J_Villasenor

☆ Legendary Cat ☆

• Members

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:48 PM

Also, *you're.

its all in the name of fun dude, i dont really care if youve got catch up on, slipstreaming active and get yourself a race partner on a gta race hitting on the boosts.... however you get your time is upto you, but theres those on here that i know race fast and well (mostly in either your crew or mine..), then  there's those who spend all day claiming how fast they are and never actually step up to the plate and prove it... lets see how many of them take the bait...

ive updated the OP with some rules... theyre not to hard to follow :p

Swagger jagger race stats, yo.

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:49 PM

do it son, as a start try the tracks ive uploaded as id love someone to beat me, jsut to prove a point hahaha

then maybe thrown down one or two others and see if someone can beat you... ultimately theres unlikey to be one person who beats everyone on every track, so it should be pretty dynamic.. (ps im rubbish on laguna seca ... )
I LOVE Laguna Seca! Its a track with a dynamic landscape, decent size, and realistic cornering and straights. I might have to pull out the Bati or Turismo and see what I can do record-wise. I've only run it in Sports class, but I run it constantly.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:52 PM

Sadly I can't access any image sites from work or I'd love to post up some times. :)

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:57 PM

Sadly I can't access any image sites from work or I'd love to post up some times. :)

so do it from home buddy,

id expect a tenured racer like yourself to have some pretty good laps times so your perfect to set the bar for all these "you clearly only race with catchup" big mouths...

Pigeon420
  • Pigeon420

Rat

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:04 PM

I'm afraid this is one of very few with this result though. But still... :D

GrandTour_zpsf27e8209.jpg

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:11 PM

I'm afraid this is one of very few with this result though. But still... :D

GrandTour_zpsf27e8209.jpg

i was about to add my time, but its already there, damn you Halv...

• Pigeon420 likes this

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:16 PM

id expect a tenured racer like yourself to have some pretty good laps times so your perfect to set the bar for all these "you clearly only race with catchup" big mouths...

Lol well believe it or not I don't have a PC at home that's hooked up to the internet. Just the xbox is (and I'm stealing the internet from my neighbors wifi) I have a few top 200 times but I've never actually set myself to achieve laptimes purposefully. I do that in games like Forza though.

• lunaticz0r likes this

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:29 PM

Lol well believe it or not I don't have a PC at home that's hooked up to the internet. Just the xbox is (and I'm stealing the internet from my neighbors wifi) I have a few top 200 times but I've never actually set myself to achieve laptimes purposefully. I do that in games like Forza though.

jees do i have to do everything around here :p

if youve got some top 200 times lemme know what track and ill try and get a screegrab for you, doesnt take long to flip through 20 screens...

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:51 PM Edited by Kracus, 05 March 2014 - 02:52 PM.

lol I appreciate it!! You don't really have to find the pics honestly I ain't lying but you can verify my times if you don't believe me. :)

I just picked a few that are decent with various types of cars.

Jump and Die = 1:40:858 rank 240 in an Entity
4 Way Madness = 1:11:194 in an Elegy!
Over the Hill 2 = 3:39:099 Bati 801 Rank 430
Monaco GP = 2:29:038 Entity
Nurburgring = 5:39:445 Gauntlet

Those are just rockstar verified races.

Redwood Light District = 1:16:577 Sanchez
Dipping In = 2:16:922 Bati 801
Thrills In the Hills = 1:18:359 Entity
Old Downtown = 42:815 prairie!?
Grand Tour = 7:08:863 Entity
Commute = 1:43:359 Entity
Vespucci Dreams = 1:01.357 Elegy
Cutting Corners = 57:767 Entity

These times are meh... Like I mentioned I wasn't going for laptimes, these are just simply normal races I raced and may or may not have had a good lap, I really don't know I just posted some random times for people to compare to. I'm sure if I sat there intent on setting a fast lap on one of those courses I could probably lay down laptimes slightly faster than that.

Like I mentioned, no real need for pics man, I won't see them anyway but if you're curious and want to verify the times they're on the social club website where I got them. :)

edit: Mind you I wish I could see yours to compare lol
  • mo-seph likes this

Leeds-Monkey
  • Leeds-Monkey

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:52 PM

was 1st for a while on 4 way madness think im 6th now.

QuIEInI.jpg

• mo-seph likes this

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:01 PM Edited by mo-seph, 05 March 2014 - 03:02 PM.

was 1st for a while on 4 way madness think im 6th now.

QuIEInI.jpg

noww that is a damn fast time...  well done sir, you are indeed better than I

btw your now #52...

• Leeds-Monkey likes this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:32 PM

Getting this info on my phone was a nightmare and forget getting picture but...

Dipping In 2.19 Banshee
Cutting Corroners 0:56.67 Entity
Grass Rt II 1:58.48 Bifta
Bluffing 1:17.29 Bifta
Through the Grapevine 2:16.77 Entity
Greanwhich Meantime 1:26.00 Entity
Downtown Underground 1:04.68 Akuma
Learning Curve 1:46.42 Exemplar
Dockyard 1:22.27 Adder
Just Deserts 1:08.88 Bifta
Vinewood Nights 1:50.74 Akuma (13th in world)

All except the last one were done in normal racing with competitors...not as solo time trials. The Vinewood nights one was part of a crew challenge.

I also have some very good placings on most of the boat lap races but dont figure you care about those lol.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:37 PM

Weren't you talking about 4 way madness yesterday? I'm curious what your time on that is. My best is with an Elegy of all cars and we were talking about Elegy's at the time. Or maybe it was with someone else. I have a memory like a fish.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

i wana know if anyone here can top your vinewood nights luap, its an outstanding time and i doubt anyones gonna get close to that... im gonna go hunt down your video of that from grnds channel

i know for sure I cant get within 10 seconds of that and god knows i tried ...

I owned you on grass route II though :p hehehe

need to scratch up my bluffing by a few hundreths now,

damn you all being better than me on some tracks and not on others ... oh wait...

Pixel S
  • Pixel S

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:42 PM Edited by GTARACER93, 05 March 2014 - 03:47 PM.

I might give dipping in a shot. Do we have to use the same bike as you? 

I will personally give the first person to beat my 155.2  on Through the Grapevine 1 year membership of their respective platform. 

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:44 PM Edited by LuapYllier, 05 March 2014 - 03:49 PM.

I have been thinking of actually running time trials on some of my favorites but I can rarely get through a race without a friend randomly joining in so I figure I will wait.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

2:01 for vinewood nights for me but I think I raced it like twice...

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

I might give dipping in a shot. Do we have to use the same bike as you? 

use anything you liek to beat the times posted, you dont have to challenge me, challenge anyone or just use your post for some bragging rights... the point of the thread is to give us all a place to send those "im better than you" folks to so they can prove that they are just full of hot air... im still waiting for one or two people in particualr to see this... if time goes on ill PM them and see if their times are as good as their talk...

like i say im not a competitive person, its just a bit of fun for me so do your best, if you beat me ill tip my hat to you (hell if your on psn ill join a session and salute you)

but no longer will the debate rage of whos the better driver of whats the better car, if someone claims it, tell em to put up or shut up and send them here...

2:01 for vinewood nights for me but I think I raced it like twice...

luap fair does own that track tho, im certain there was a video of it but im struggling to find it now... he smoked the rest of our crew by a huuuuge margin, and in the process most of the world...

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:50 PM

I may hop on and beat it "just because" later tonight lol.

• pkcrazie likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users