Quantcast

» «
Photo

Game keeps minimizing on start.

Best Answer jpm1, 06 March 2014 - 10:39 PM

first before any modding you should do a backup ;) . did you remove correctly the mod . try updating the graphic driver

edit : that kind of very weird bug looks like a virus..

Go to the full post

1 reply to this topic
doesthislookunsure
  • doesthislookunsure

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:11 AM Edited by doesthislookunsure, 05 March 2014 - 04:14 AM.

So I've been playing GTA IV for quite a while, my computer wasn't good at handling the graphics, but with a couple of nerfs, it managed. But after changing a simple sound file for a mod, the game just went completely unresponsive. It first started with a screen glitch that caused the entire screen to shift right (and the right side of the screen appeared to the left). After restarting, the game no longer shows up, it just goes into black screen and minimizes. I have tried deleting all files, verifying the game cache, changing compatibility settings on the .EXE. Nothing works anymore.

When I first problem however, I got an update from Java. I updated the program but it didn't help. I am up-to-date on the game. I have deleted ALL of my mod files (trainer, scripthook, ETC). I never downloaded when I was changing the sound. I have no ENB mods. I have disabled my Antivirus (AVG Free Edition 2014), I disabled Razer Game Booster, and I have used Steam's launch options to change the resolution. Still no luck.

I have tried to use Task Manager to delet any programs that may cause interruption, it didn't work.

I have a 2 legit copies (GTA IV and EFLC, both from steam, I was trying to run EFLC when this problem occured). I close all of my programs before running the game, nothing scans or downloads when I attempt to startup the program. I don't have any malicious items or software.

Each time I click on the taskbar icon, it only shows the black screen, I can hear a small bit of the intro, but continuously clicking the icon doesn't help

Anyone have a solution, or suggestions?

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:39 PM   Best Answer Edited by jpm1, 07 March 2014 - 01:17 AM.

first before any modding you should do a backup ;) . did you remove correctly the mod . try updating the graphic driver

edit : that kind of very weird bug looks like a virus..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users