Quantcast

» «
Photo

A few questions for a beginner. (Missions,Mutiplayer and More)

9 replies to this topic
Yogogamer
  • Yogogamer

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:57 PM

Hey guys, I'm working on a Total-Conversion mod for IV and I have a few questions before I start.

1. Are Missions Possible? (I mean cut-scene wise.)

2. Is it possible to disable the Mutiplayer option in the phone?

3. Is it possible to combine other mods with yours? If so, How exactly?

Thanks!

LordOfTheBongs
  • LordOfTheBongs

Deceased

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:18 PM Edited by LordOfTheBongs, 04 March 2014 - 11:18 PM.

yes all are possible, the only limitation of what is possible is the extent of programming knowledge by the programmer.

Just from the questions ur asking, im guessing ur biting off a lot more than u can chew. if i know the answer i wont mind sharing but ur asking some very vague questions. i think of it like ur walking into a chemistry class announcing you are the lead researcher on a cancer cure project and then asking people if making a cure for cancer is possible and if so then how? xD

...nonetheless... good luck ;)

Yogogamer
  • Yogogamer

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:56 PM

yes all are possible, the only limitation of what is possible is the extent of programming knowledge by the programmer.

Just from the questions ur asking, im guessing ur biting off a lot more than u can chew. if i know the answer i wont mind sharing but ur asking some very vague questions. i think of it like ur walking into a chemistry class announcing you are the lead researcher on a cancer cure project and then asking people if making a cure for cancer is possible and if so then how? xD

Thanks for the friendly answer, certainly didn't expect that.

I'm famliar with programming/scripting in many other games but I'm not 100% sure when it comes to IV.

I understand it being hard to answer, It does seem vague looking back at it, Netherless It might be better if I had help,

Thanks again and Cheers!

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:28 AM Edited by InfamousSabre, 05 March 2014 - 01:30 AM.

When I was getting started, I learned from:

Other mods (look into them. see what makes them tick. Like a kid with a screwdriver and the family VCR.)

Scripthook.net documentation (Look in here first before calling a Native Fuction yourself! It may already be wrapped by shdn!)

gtamodding.com (tons of useful info on SA and IV)

IRC Channel #gtaivnetscripthook (The guys in this IRC channel are just awesome. Learned so much from them.)

Also, start out small.. lol
Total Conversion of anything wont be anyone's first mod :p

I'm still working on the mod I first intended to create.

LordOfTheBongs
  • LordOfTheBongs

Deceased

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:12 AM Edited by LordOfTheBongs, 05 March 2014 - 02:49 AM.

I'm famliar with programming/scripting in many other games but I'm not 100% sure when it comes to IV.

I understand it being hard to answer, It does seem vague looking back at it, Netherless It might be better if I had help,

Thanks again and Cheers!

yeah no hard feelings, i was just being funny, im no expert on gta or even programming but if i know something i wont mind helping, i am sincere about that ;)

cutscenes are limited to available speech and animations, anything that gta doesnt do u would need to figure out how to make an import speech and animations that would work in gta. Then play them at appropriate times via script. Possible yes, do i know how, no.

for multiplayer option, i assume u will need skills in reversing as i havent seen anyone mess with this functionality.

for making script work together... u make the author's conscience of each other's scripts and u write to work together... or u edit the source code urself when available

there is a c++ hoook u can use if u prefer c++ or there is .net using c#.

Yogogamer
  • Yogogamer

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:04 AM

When I was getting started, I learned from:

Other mods (look into them. see what makes them tick. Like a kid with a screwdriver and the family VCR.)

Scripthook.net documentation (Look in here first before calling a Native Fuction yourself! It may already be wrapped by shdn!)

gtamodding.com (tons of useful info on SA and IV)

IRC Channel #gtaivnetscripthook (The guys in this IRC channel are just awesome. Learned so much from them.)

Also, start out small.. lol
Total Conversion of anything wont be anyone's first mod :p

I'm still working on the mod I first intended to create.

Thanks, I'll check out those

Oh, and I have nothing else in mind for IV :(

But I see where you're coming from

Thanks again and Cheers!

yeah no hard feelings, i was just being funny, im no expert on gta or even programming but if i know something i wont mind helping, i am sincere about that ;)

cutscenes are limited to available speech and animations, anything that gta doesnt do u would need to figure out how to make an import speech and animations that would work in gta. Then play them at appropriate times via script. Possible yes, do i know how, no.

for multiplayer option, i assume u will need skills in reversing as i havent seen anyone mess with this functionality.

for making script work together... u make the author's conscience of each other's scripts and u write to work together... or u edit the source code urself when available

there is a c++ hoook u can use if u prefer c++ or there is .net using c#.

Thanks! I figure the mutiplayer thing might be a problem/hard to do, As for the cutscenes hopefully not, I think Machinma does the same thing.

and I'll check out c++

LordOfTheBongs
  • LordOfTheBongs

Deceased

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:57 AM

machinima isnt that like a movie editor using a game engine? but yeah if u want to make a cutscene in gtaiv itself u can, u can fade the screen, make any camera angle u like, play any speech u like (maybe even through the media player and u sync it with game), u can use scripts to play any animation u like

research native functions on gtamodding.com or look at the scripting.h (parameters known) and scriptingdirty.h (parameters unknown though u can figure a lot of them out) header files in the c++ scriphook dev kit

u also want to get a hold of the game scripts decompiled with open iv, so u can see how r* uses these natives... also just look at other people's code for ideas on how to use stuff, every script ive made u can stick in a reflector and see or just ask me how to do something via script

• Yogogamer likes this

Yogogamer
  • Yogogamer

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:49 AM

machinima isnt that like a movie editor using a game engine? but yeah if u want to make a cutscene in gtaiv itself u can, u can fade the screen, make any camera angle u like, play any speech u like (maybe even through the media player and u sync it with game), u can use scripts to play any animation u like

research native functions on gtamodding.com or look at the scripting.h (parameters known) and scriptingdirty.h (parameters unknown though u can figure a lot of them out) header files in the c++ scriphook dev kit

u also want to get a hold of the game scripts decompiled with open iv, so u can see how r* uses these natives... also just look at other people's code for ideas on how to use stuff, every script ive made u can stick in a reflector and see or just ask me how to do something via script

Thanks again for your detailed explications, It'll make the process a lot eaiser :)

and I'll do a bit of research on IV scripting on Native functions soon. 

and I'd appreciate that, When I need help, Would you mind if I pmed you with a few questions? Thanks!

(OpenIV will defiantly be worth checking out :D)

• LordOfTheBongs likes this

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:17 AM

Thanks again for your detailed explications, It'll make the process a lot eaiser :)

and I'll do a bit of research on IV scripting on Native functions soon. 

and I'd appreciate that, When I need help, Would you mind if I pmed you with a few questions? Thanks!

(OpenIV will defiantly be worth checking out :D)

We are both in the IRC every day if you have any Q's

OpenIV is, imho, a scripter/modder's best friend.

• Yogogamer likes this

LordOfTheBongs
  • LordOfTheBongs

Deceased

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:43 PM

no prob ;)

• Yogogamer likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users