Photo

Abeille Bourbon in GTA IV, problems

8 replies to this topic
Don_prince
  • Don_prince

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:49 PM Edited by Don_prince, 04 March 2014 - 09:31 PM.

Hi everyone,

I tried to resize and fit the Abeille Bourbon (original model from Alban Tinelli http://www.yacht-sim...&id=1&orderby=6) in gta iv.

When I finished resising, retexturing and positioning the pivots I tried to replace the tuga. when exporting from z-modeler no errors showed up and in openiv the model appeart to be fine. However when I try to spawn it in game the model won't show up. A few times I got it in game without collision and with the materials from the tuga. not anymore though. I have no idea what went wrong. 

If you send me a pm I will send you a link to my progress so far If allowed.

Where did I go possibly wrong? 

atvrjm.png

Greetings,

Don

EDIT: I have not yet succeded in contacting the original maker, is sending the file in an pm against the rules?

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:22 PM

I believe that there is a specific model size that can't be exceeded. I'm not sure if that's the only problem, though.

Don_prince
  • Don_prince

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:38 PM Edited by Don_prince, 04 March 2014 - 10:42 PM.

I believe that there is a specific model size that can't be exceeded. I'm not sure if that's the only problem, though.

I will try make it smaller... Will post results later...

EDIT: Tried... same result... by the way the time it was in the game under the material of the tuga (all parts) it was twice as big as it is now... 

Anyway thanks

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:28 PM

don't think it's the size as people already modded huge vehicles like galleons , big sailing boats . dumb question did you make the lods

Don_prince
  • Don_prince

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:00 PM

don't think it's the size as people already modded huge vehicles like galleons , big sailing boats . dumb question did you make the lods

Yes i did. up to level 3. however they are the same in polygons... still have to optimize them. 

thanks though...

Don_prince
  • Don_prince

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:33 PM

Good news everyone: The autor allowed me to continue. I am still trying different ways but still no sucses in game.

Don_prince
  • Don_prince

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:58 PM Edited by Don_prince, 10 March 2014 - 11:15 PM.

Redone the textures but no luck... No problems anywhere... spark IV loads the model without problems... (Textures take a time to load though) but when trying to load the model in game trainer freezes but game still works. I have the model now on both tuga and tropic. Diference is with only tuga textures and original textures. On tropic (original textures) I am able to hit 5 again on the trainer.

EDIT: I get the line unable to create object in game.

Don_prince
  • Don_prince

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:31 PM

I've had the model back in the game. I am working to also get the interior in the model. However I think with interior the model will be to heavy for gta iv... I figured out the one of the problems. it is not accepting my collision and the collission of the tuga for a weird reason... I have not tried removing the collision on the textured model yet because my study eats up a lot of time at the moment. I'll keep you all updated...

Don_prince
  • Don_prince

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:08 PM

I am making progress on the interior based on the deckplan from pictures and some plans. I still have no sucses figuring out what went wrong with the collision and the textures. even the collision from the tuga or tropic are not working...
I will try importing it again with openformats... maybe that will help...
If anybody wants to hel me out, if you want to you will be credited...
I'll keep you all updated...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users