Quantcast

» «
Photo

If it were up to YOU, which game would you have Rockstar remake?

56 replies to this topic
73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:49 PM

I'd LOVE to see them remake The Warriors for next gen consoles. The Warriors was a GREAT game, but I'd love to see an open world version that goes much DEEPER that the original did, while expanding on the late 70's New York City we saw in that game. They could EASILY do something the size of GTAIV's Liberty city, except it would be in the tone of the dark and dreary Warriors NY we saw only a GLIMPSE of in the original game, which was a PERFECT representation of the film.

I grew up, and STILL live in the Bronx, so I know how authentic the game was towards the film and times of N.Y.C. circa 1979. I wish I could still play that game, but a next gen, open world version would be EPIC!

San Andreas would ALSO make a great remake on a next gen console. What do YOU guys think?

• Failure and skyfamster like this

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:54 PM

..... Pretty weird thread.... Wich should have been posted in Like Off Topic, and not GTA V thread section. But whatever I guess.

Raavi: This thread is an abomination.

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:54 PM

Why do YOU keep CAPITALIZING every five SECONDS? 

• poklane likes this

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

Sing a song for the swag man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:04 PM

Manhunt. With more weapons and executions, HD graphics, and a few more levels.

• uNi likes this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

C'mon, start talkin' bitch!

• Members
  • Japan
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:16 PM

Grand Theft Auto: Vice city, with HD graphics and a map around the same size as GTA V's, with countryside and missions for that countryside.

• trip and Osho like this

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Mélomanie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:30 PM

Grand Theft Auto: Vice city, with HD graphics and a map around the same size as GTA V's, with countryside and missions for that countryside.

That might as well be GTA VI lol.

Um.. Manhunt, or Bully. Those games would be f*ckING AWESOME if they did a remake

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:31 PM

You're going to see a wide range of censorship.

R* may not say it, but I think they distance themselves from the franchise.

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

Sing a song for the swag man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:38 PM

You're going to see a wide range of censorship.

R* may not say it, but I think they distance themselves from the franchise.

Why would it be anymore censored than the original release? I don't see why it would have any problems here in the United States at least.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:49 PM

Yeah, I also meant other areas outside of the US.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:55 PM

They should do a table tennis for the next gen, just to test their engine out. It really helped them for the 360/PS3 era.

Other than that, bully 2 would do justice.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:04 PM

The top view GTAs but with 3D models instead of sprites.
  • Failure likes this

OurJud
  • OurJud

Playa

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:46 PM

They could EASILY do something the size of GTAIV's Liberty city...

I would hope that on next gen console they could do something a whole heap bigger than LC.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:52 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 04 March 2014 - 10:53 PM.

But LS is already bigger than LC. It's just not seperated into 3 islands and has overall more land mass. LC has water inbetween the islands too. So they can do at least 5x bigger than what they did now at most.

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:11 AM Edited by Forty, 05 March 2014 - 01:11 AM.

The Warriors and Manhunt are two franchises I'd love to see make a polished, high fidelity return to present day.
  • Osho likes this

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:15 AM

I don't want any remake of any game. All I want is a sequel to Bully. Nothing else.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:19 AM

They don't have to change the script. They don't have to touch the missions. But...I would love a full on 21st century version of Vice City.
  • Osho likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

The Night Is Like A Dagger, Long And Cold And Sharp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:37 AM

Bully 2

Nordniedersachse
  • Nordniedersachse

Allvater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:38 AM

I don't want any boring remake. I want R* San Diego to release a RDR sequel. That's all I want from them.
  • Forty and Witchking Of Angmar like this

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:24 AM

GTA Vice City :)

As Mr. LSPD said, it's my wish and a dream to see it becoming a reality.

Please, Rockstar. :)
  • trip likes this

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:09 AM

Manhunt, or a Manhunt 3 done in a similar fashion to the first one (street gangs and underground criminals, not the government project and mind control storyline of the second one). Of course, I could also see them toning down the gore if they actually did do a third and making the kills quicker and cleaner, and probably even putting a bigger focus on stealth than anything, as well.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:49 AM

None.

Because I believe Rockstar is a shameful shadow of it's former self.

I can't say one Rockstar game this generation has been entirely something I enjoy or can promote as a good game.

Though last gen, I loved The Warriors also. As well as Red Dead Revolver. (Which pisses all over Redemption) And the original Max Payne games that were actually good, but that is because of Remedy.

I just hate their refusal to drop auto aim targeting and forcing us to hold a button in order to run. We have had proper gaming mechanics for twin stick shooters for well over a decade and they constantly refuse to use it. Regardless if you say "but you can turn that off" is redundant. When you develop a game with auto aim in mind it brings a level of difficulty and awareness to the combat that can't exist without it enabled. It ruins the game if you did want to play it free aim. You still have to hold a button in order to aim your weapon and you don't get full strafing abilities without gently holding the trigger. Give me a crosshair and proper movement all the time and then we will talk.

But even then, a game like Max Payne 3, despite getting the mechanics of shooting and movement somewhat correct. You throw in a stupid as hell story and unskippable cutscenes in an awfully designed world and that will kill off a game you loved real fast.

I no longer require anything from them.

I would much rather have Ubisoft Montreal make Rainbow Six: Vegas 3. Or DICE re-create Battlefield Bad Company 2 with the whole game set in the Vietnam War.

Witchking Of Angmar
  • Witchking Of Angmar

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:54 AM

I can't say one Rockstar game this generation has been entirely something I enjoy or can promote as a good game.

Though last gen, I loved The Warriors also. As well as Red Dead Revolver. (Which pisses all over Redemption)

Doctor+s+Shocked+Expression+Comp.+I+coul

• Daz, SonOfLiberty, Th3MaN1 and 1 other like this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:59 AM

None.

Because I believe Rockstar is a shameful shadow of it's former self.

Though last gen, I loved The Warriors also. As well as Red Dead Revolver. (Which pisses all over Redemption) And the original Max Payne games that were actually good, but that is because of Remedy.

I just hate their refusal to drop auto aim targeting and forcing us to hold a button in order to run. We have had proper gaming mechanics for twin stick shooters for well over a decade and they constantly refuse to use it. Regardless if you say "but you can turn that off" is redundant. When you develop a game with auto aim in mind it brings a level of difficulty and awareness to the combat that can't exist without it enabled. It ruins the game if you did want to play it free aim. You still have to hold a button in order to aim your weapon and you don't get full strafing abilities without gently holding the trigger. Give me a crosshair and proper movement all the time and then we will talk.

But even then, a game like Max Payne 3, despite getting the mechanics of shooting and movement somewhat correct. You throw in a stupid as hell story and unskippable cutscenes in an awfully designed world and that will kill off a game you loved real fast.

I would much rather have Ubisoft Montreal make Rainbow Six: Vegas 3. Or DICE re-create Battlefield Bad Company 2 with the whole game set in the Vietnam War.

It seems to me you're a hardcore fan of shooters. Don't expect GTA to be the shooter of your dream, might as well play some FPS if you want that. And mind you, Max Payne 3 was good. How do you want to understand the story if you skip the cutscenes? And would you rather prefer a huge, black screen saying "Loading..."? Max Payne 3 was the best ending to this franchise, no other developer could have done it better. And turning auto-aim off won't hurt the experience. Did you play through GTA V with auto-aim off? It sounds like you didn't. It made missions like "Bury The Hatchet" a lot helluva better.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:59 AM

I just hate their refusal to drop auto aim targeting and forcing us to hold a button in order to run. We have had proper gaming mechanics for twin stick shooters for well over a decade and they constantly refuse to use it. Regardless if you say "but you can turn that off" is redundant. When you develop a game with auto aim in mind it brings a level of difficulty and awareness to the combat that can't exist without it enabled. It ruins the game if you did want to play it free aim. You still have to hold a button in order to aim your weapon and you don't get full strafing abilities without gently holding the trigger.

Seeing Max Payne on the PS2 being played with Free Aim makes a whole generation of players look really bad. R* are pussies!

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:20 PM

How is this thread an ABOMINATION? Perhaps you need to remove that massive stick from your ass, and then you wouldn't have to complain to a mod like a little bitch. Yes, I posted it in the wrong place, but you don't have to make such an issues out of it.

Douchebag.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:21 PM

I just hate their refusal to drop auto aim targeting and forcing us to hold a button in order to run. We have had proper gaming mechanics for twin stick shooters for well over a decade and they constantly refuse to use it. Regardless if you say "but you can turn that off" is redundant. When you develop a game with auto aim in mind it brings a level of difficulty and awareness to the combat that can't exist without it enabled. It ruins the game if you did want to play it free aim. You still have to hold a button in order to aim your weapon and you don't get full strafing abilities without gently holding the trigger.

Seeing Max Payne on the PS2 being played with Free Aim makes a whole generation of players look really bad. R* are pussies!

Are you seriously giving a 12-year old game as an example? Look at Max Payne 3, you can use soft lock, which will help you, there's hard lock, which basically does all the work for you, all you have to do is press aim and shoot, and there's free-aim, which works well.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

Though last gen, I loved The Warriors also. As well as Red Dead Revolver. (Which pisses all over Redemption)

By 'this generation' he means 360/ps3 and 'last gen' he means xbox/ps2.

It may be redundant but 'turn it off,' because not everyone wants every game to be fps that has ranged weapons in their combat system. That's what those games are for. Especially since the casual gamer doesn't want to feel like they need to be hardcore to master free-aim. I, personally, am not good nor terrible at it but I wouldn't want a sandbox game to not have auto-target.

So, it sounds like FPS is your thing, therefore, just stick to that and problem solved. :^:

As for cut scenes, I agree but who would skip them? Missing a lot of the story, considering you won't know the story the first time through anyways. The option is good to have nonetheless.

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:53 PM

I'm wondering why someone who considers Red dead Revolver as a game which "pisses all over Redemption", and is clearly a Call Of Duty fanboy is even here at ALL? Rockstar is the furthest thing from a first person shooter developer, so complaining about the core gameplay of their titles is pretty retarded. There are plenty of repetitive FPS games out in the market to satisfy you, and thank god Rockstar doesn't make that crap.

• Th3MaN1 likes this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:38 PM Edited by Daz, 05 March 2014 - 01:39 PM.

It may be redundant but 'turn it off,' because not everyone wants every game to be fps that has ranged weapons in their combat system. That's what those games are for. Especially since the casual gamer doesn't want to feel like they need to be hardcore to master free-aim. I, personally, am not good nor terrible at it but I wouldn't want a sandbox game to not have auto-target.

So, it sounds like FPS is your thing, therefore, just stick to that and problem solved. :^:

As for cut scenes, I agree but who would skip them? Missing a lot of the story, considering you won't know the story the first time through anyways. The option is good to have nonetheless.

Ok here is the deal.

Max Payne is 100% shooting, there is no sandbox, there is no driving, there are no minigames, all it is, is shooting. So giving people lock on aiming for a game only about shooting is bloody silly. It is the equivilent of making the next Forza game have auto steer and you just hold the accelerate button.

Now I understand casual gamers may suck at aiming, but how is that my fault? Why should hardcore gamers get penalized because the developers have shifted market focus and now cater to people who really shouldn't be playing those games.

As for the cutscenes, why wouldn't I want to skip a cutscene? Sure, I watch a cutscene the FIRST TIME after that, I don't need to see it again, if I die and restart, or if I play the game over. I don't want to see a f*cking animation of max payne trying to get his fat arse down 4 steps into a courtyard. I don't need to f*cking see it.

The issue is because the cutscenes seriously break up the gameplay. If you removed them all from the game you could really get down to the core gameplay and have a little fun with it. But you can't, it is constantly stop and start and it gets repetitive and very annoying.

Lastly, I don't just like FPS games, infact I usually prefer TPS games. I was just giving two examples of amazing games that I wish to be recreated. You cant base any asumptions of that at all.

Whatever way you see it. I don't want a watered down game designed for the masses. If you all are fine with that, fair enough, but understand why gamers who play for the enjoyment of a game, seriously hate it.

(And yes, this gen is 360/PS3. Because nobody has really moved forward yet, I can't call next gen, "current gen" until it is the standard platform for the majority of gamers.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:54 PM

Ok here is the deal.

Max Payne is 100% shooting, there is no sandbox, there is no driving, there are no minigames, all it is, is shooting. So giving people lock on aiming for a game only about shooting is bloody silly. It is the equivilent of making the next Forza game have auto steer and you just hold the accelerate button.

Now I understand casual gamers may suck at aiming, but how is that my fault? Why should hardcore gamers get penalized because the developers have shifted market focus and now cater to people who really shouldn't be playing those games.

As for the cutscenes, why wouldn't I want to skip a cutscene? Sure, I watch a cutscene the FIRST TIME after that, I don't need to see it again, if I die and restart, or if I play the game over. I don't want to see a f*cking animation of max payne trying to get his fat arse down 4 steps into a courtyard. I don't need to f*cking see it.

The issue is because the cutscenes seriously break up the gameplay. If you removed them all from the game you could really get down to the core gameplay and have a little fun with it. But you can't, it is constantly stop and start and it gets repetitive and very annoying.

Lastly, I don't just like FPS games, infact I usually prefer TPS games. I was just giving two examples of amazing games that I wish to be recreated. You cant base any asumptions of that at all.

Whatever way you see it. I don't want a watered down game designed for the masses. If you all are fine with that, fair enough, but understand why gamers who play for the enjoyment of a game, seriously hate it.

(And yes, this gen is 360/PS3. Because nobody has really moved forward yet, I can't call next gen, "current gen" until it is the standard platform for the majority of gamers.

How are the hardcore gamers penalized? Because there's an option for the game to help you? You basically have no reason to complain about it. You can have free-aim, use it. It's simple. Also, the PC version solves the cutscene trouble. IIRC, on PC, on your first playthrough, you cannot skip cutscenes. But on future playthrough's, it's possible to skip them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users