acquire a cargobob

43 replies to this topic
wigwam
  • wigwam

Prankster

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

wish they would fix this.

missions when you are expected to steal cargo bob and get away with 2+ cop choppers after you are stupid, so you call pegasus and order one instead, you get in it, and it still tells you to acquire one.

stoooopid

• tom_p1980 likes this

pnut87
  • pnut87

Not Brett Favre

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:58 PM

Simeon missions suck. All of them.

Jyra
  • Jyra

Radical Larry

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:58 PM

sticker,375x360.png

• GranSnake, TheJackalSega, Sushi__Wolf and 2 others like this

Mattyp1514
  • Mattyp1514

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:00 PM

Fly very high....then nosedive as fast as possible without crashing.  Best way I've found to evade choppers.  Some reason, they dont like to kamikaze.

• Rented and sebcreed like this

shoot_to_kill
  • shoot_to_kill

man of honor

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:00 PM Edited by shoot_to_kill, 04 March 2014 - 06:02 PM.

Very difficult if you do it solo. Otherwise, there is also a buzzard at the army base, one player can grab that and bring down the police choppers that come along, this makes it easier for the cargobob driver to lose his wanted level

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:00 PM Edited by AiraCobra, 04 March 2014 - 06:06 PM.

This is a lester mission

Well considering the Cargobob isn't meant to be bought online that's why it doesn't register of you getting a cargobob

What i do is i take my order cargobob and i go to the point where i need to get the container i then pick up the container move it to a safe spot then i go pick up the cargo bob from the base outrun the police and then go to the marker it'll tell you pick up the container and go to where you already put it and take it and drop it off at lester place.

Tip: Fly over the water because then it's only Helicopters chasing you if you fly over land the cops on the ground can still see you.

wigwam
  • wigwam

Prankster

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:02 PM

the fact that you can order a cargobob and go and sit in a cargobob but still be told to steal one is what annoys me the most!

WTFThisIsntWii
  • WTFThisIsntWii

Twerk Team

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:03 PM

You could call Lester it's $200 for two stars last time I checked he gets them off your back. Even if you fail the mission you get $200+ back so its not a major loss.

am30
  • am30

Irn Bru ftw

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:07 PM

missions when you are expected to steal cargo bob and get away with 2+ cop choppers after you are stupid, so you call pegasus and order one instead, you get in it, and it still tells you to acquire one.

stoooopid

I take it you're talking about Docks to Stock?  Easiest way round it I have found is to steal the Cargobob and crash.  When you respawn you can steal the 2nd Cargobob without getting a wanted level.  No need for a Pegasus one.

Not sure how this would work with other players in the mission but it certainly worked for me doing this solo.

You could call Lester it's $200 for two stars last time I checked he gets them off your back. Even if you fail the mission you get $200+ back so its not a major loss.

If it's a Lester mission he doesn't answer the phone, which is annoying.

• WTFThisIsntWii likes this

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:07 PM

Nope not in these types of mission he won't turn them off for you.

He doesn't answer or he says "Nope, sorry can't do that"

WTFThisIsntWii
  • WTFThisIsntWii

Twerk Team

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:07 PM Edited by WTFThisIsntWii, 04 March 2014 - 06:08 PM.

This is a lester mission

What i do is i take my order cargobob and i go to the point where i need to get the container i then pick up the container move it to a safe spot then i go pick up the cargo bob
You don't understand AirCobra. I don't want that Cargobob I want this Cargobob! They're not the same!! This one has camouflage... Oh wait. Rich people problems.

cookiemonster79
  • cookiemonster79

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:16 PM

Wait .. last I recall, getting a Cargobob via Pegasus was only done via a glitch.  So... YOU expect a glitched vehicle to help you bypass the objectives of a mission.... and R* is the one that is stupid?

• rotnude and SmokeDat like this

jwyleski
  • jwyleski

has evolved!

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:17 PM

Used to be the Pegasus cargobobs were usable within the mission. It was patched in 1.08, I think. Even before 1.08 it was hit-or-miss, meaning sometimes the game would recognize you had already acquired it, sometime not.

Sushi__Wolf
  • Sushi__Wolf

Loves raw fish! More then he loves your mother...

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:18 PM

sticker,375x360.png

hahaha awesome.

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Champagne Jingoist

• Members
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Not a glitch - a hack. Nothing wrong with it IMO.

• wigwam and The_darkest_side like this

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • North-Korea

This is a lester mission

What i do is i take my order cargobob and i go to the point where i need to get the container i then pick up the container move it to a safe spot then i go pick up the cargo bob
You don't understand AirCobra. I don't want that Cargobob I want this Cargobob! They're not the same!! This one has camouflage... Oh wait. Rich people problems.

*Confused*

wigwam
  • wigwam

Prankster

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:20 PM

Wait .. last I recall, getting a Cargobob via Pegasus was only done via a glitch.  So... YOU expect a glitched vehicle to help you bypass the objectives of a mission.... and R* is the one that is stupid?

your the idiot. i glitched nothing.

Not a glitch - a hack. Nothing wrong with it IMO.

agreed. if i wasnt supposed to have it then why was it listed in the game to buy?!

• The_darkest_side likes this

TheJackalSega
  • TheJackalSega

Levelled Up

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

What i do is i take my order cargobob and i go to the point where i need to get the container i then pick up the container move it to a safe spot then i go pick up the cargo bob from the base outrun the police and then go to the marker it'll tell you pick up the container and go to where you already put it and take it and drop it off at lester place.

Tip: Fly over the water because then it's only Helicopters chasing you if you fly over land the cops on the ground can still see you.

My method:

Go to base, steal cargo bob. Land it, make sure it's not destroyed, get a car, lose wanted level. Get back in Cargo bob and proceed with mission, if it's damaged (which it most likely is if you're doing the mission solo) call up for Pegasus one and use that to finish mission.

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:31 PM

stoooopid

Huh, I was wondering if you owned one if you'd still get that message. It's no big deal stealing one, but it sucks that you can't just use your own.

Anyway, to everyone giving their sorryass methods, just ascend close to the side of the mountain. It'll keep police choppers from spawning and takes about twenty seconds to lose a wanted level.

• sudon't likes this

King S0lo
  • King S0lo

Don Dada

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:46 PM Edited by King S0lo, 04 March 2014 - 07:46 PM.

i did this by flying to the train tunnel right outside Paleto Bay, land, get out of the chopper and in to the tunnel, then just wait it out when far enough inside. i've never had anyone follow me in to this tunnel. too bad i thought at the end of the mission i could just drop the container in to the circle.. didn't work, and when trying to pick it up again i destroyed it. 20 tedious minutes for 200 RP  :panic:

WTFThisIsntWii
  • WTFThisIsntWii

Twerk Team

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:46 PM

Nope not in these types of mission he won't turn them off for you.

He doesn't answer or he says "Nope, sorry can't do that"

sh*t yeah forgot about that. Thanks bro

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:51 PM

Most times the Choppers don't spawn until you leave the area for them to spawn, so I just fly straight up. It works the majority of the time. If not then I'll dive out lose my heat and call for my own cargobob.

WTFThisIsntWii
  • WTFThisIsntWii

Twerk Team

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:52 PM

*Confused*

AirCobra is confused.
AirCobra uses scratch.
AirCobra hits itself in its confusion.

Pokemon reference.

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:53 PM

Call Lester...rid me of my wanted level there bud!

sudon't
  • sudon't

Non-Playable Character

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:41 AM

If only! First of all, it's four stars. Second of all, Lester won't answer.

I saw a video where the dude just flew into one of the crevasses of the mountains, right behind the base, and he lost his level pretty quickly. I tried it - it worked once, but I haven't been able to get it to work again. Is there a particular spot you have to hit? 

I'll have to try flying straight up, but I would've thought the tanks could hit you that way. Anyone else had luck with that method?
Seems to me there has to be some other strategy to lose a four-star level in a Cargobob. It ain't gonna happen by simply flying away, it's just too slow.

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:44 AM Edited by AiraCobra, 27 May 2014 - 08:45 AM.

-non-neroced worthly post-

You seriously necroed a 3 month old post just for this?

Justin..
  • Justin..

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:53 AM

I usually get the cargobob, land on a hill across the marshland and just commit suicide

GTAMYBABIES
  • GTAMYBABIES

Friendship Is Magic

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:53 AM

If only! First of all, it's four stars. Second of all, Lester won't answer.

I saw a video where the dude just flew into one of the crevasses of the mountains, right behind the base, and he lost his level pretty quickly. I tried it - it worked once, but I haven't been able to get it to work again. Is there a particular spot you have to hit? 
I'll have to try flying straight up, but I would've thought the tanks could hit you that way. Anyone else had luck with that method?
Seems to me there has to be some other strategy to lose a four-star level in a Cargobob. It ain't gonna happen by simply flying away, it's just too slow.

The tanks can't shoot straight up. There aim is limited so if you are above one it can never get you.

.R3b3L
  • .R3b3L

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:07 AM

get in then straight out of the cargobob. Get in buzzard next to it. Loose police. Go to marker, trigger mission then go back and get cargobob without police. simples!

• sudon't likes this

Charles_Lee_Raye
  • Charles_Lee_Raye

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:42 PM

I avoid all of these cargobob missions as they are a waste of time and especially impossible if youre playing with randoms who dont use a mic. Ypull be running from the cops forever until people leave the session.

However there is one really easy trick. Steal the bob then land right outside the base. Get out of the bob and let the cops/military kill you. Respawn and Starz are gone and cargobob is outside the fort.
Youre welcome.
  • Khelandros and sudon't like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users