Quantcast

» «
Photo

Indication of future multiple property ownership?

80 replies to this topic
adamsowilliams
  • adamsowilliams

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:58 PM

so i just posted in one of the 1.11u threads but was pretty much ignored.

what i mentioned was that the quick gps option of 'home' has now been changed to the address of the apartment, does anybody else feel this means that we will soon have the option of buying more than one apartment/home?

• GranSnake, Clueless Muffin, Luk38644 and 13 others like this

Nipper
  • Nipper

Beware the 'stache

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:00 PM

Maybe. I hope.

In reality, probably not as it's what everyone would want.

• ashtreylil, Killbook, al_balmer and 2 others like this

siray
  • siray

Vaas

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:01 PM

I'll keep my 10 vehicles in weazel apartment,and live in sandy shores

• SCS_Skreamies, RAS_ZeroZ, Officer Cop and 3 others like this

manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:01 PM

^ what he said!

ShadowMercure
  • ShadowMercure

Boss of The Black Org

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:02 PM

They added a few new suits, this must mean the heists will be released soon! Sorry to disappoint but nothing is laid in concrete, you have to lay it and then allow it to become hardened. Maybe it was to add a tinge of realism, maybe it will infact allow us to have multiple properties in the future, nothing is certain, let's just not get our hopes up and then complain that 1.11 never added multiple properties :) not trying to be a dick, just saying it like it is
  • am30 likes this

manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

This is gta forums, we always allow our optimism to override our sensible cynicism!
  • GranSnake, Ethereal_NYC, cattafett and 5 others like this

adamsowilliams
  • adamsowilliams

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

They added a few new suits, this must mean the heists will be released soon! Sorry to disappoint but nothing is laid in concrete, you have to lay it and then allow it to become hardened. Maybe it was to add a tinge of realism, maybe it will infact allow us to have multiple properties in the future, nothing is certain, let's just not get our hopes up and then complain that 1.11 never added multiple properties :) not trying to be a dick, just saying it like it is

i see what you're saying, i just can't see any other reason for making this change. seem's unlikely they have actively changed this for no reason whatsoever.

• darkwar854 likes this

ShadowMercure
  • ShadowMercure

Boss of The Black Org

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:07 PM

i see what you're saying, i just can't see any other reason for making this change. seem's unlikely they have actively changed this for no reason whatsoever.

For all we know, it could be a bug, or if you ever used those old tom toms (navigators) you would actually have to enter your address each time you wanna go home, it's plausible, but I don't want to believe in something that has no base :)

Nipper
  • Nipper

Beware the 'stache

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:07 PM

Seems unlikely that R* would take away clean rebels and ratloaders and claim the former is SP mission specific (they never say what mission, I never seen it in a mission), and the latter is a utility vehicle.

Then come back 2 months down the line, not mention anything and pull a U-turn on the whole deal.

So yeah, R* do things that make no sense, for no reason, on a regular basis.

• RAS_ZeroZ likes this

ShadowMercure
  • ShadowMercure

Boss of The Black Org

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:08 PM

Seems unlikely that R* would take away clean rebels and ratloaders and claim the former is SP mission specific (they never say what mission, I never seen it in a mission), and the latter is a utility vehicle.

Then come back 2 months down the line, not mention anything and pull a U-turn on the whole deal.

Speaking of which, people complained about rockstar taking out the rat loader...why did they cry for that piece of sh*t we got in the valentines massacre?

Nipper
  • Nipper

Beware the 'stache

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:14 PM

Speaking of which, people complained about rockstar taking out the rat loader...why did they cry for that piece of sh*t we got in the valentines massacre?

Less the fact it was a POS, more the fact that R* took it upon themselves to remove a legit vehicle.

• RAS_ZeroZ, cshllb and Jyra like this

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

This is gta forums, we always allow our optimism to override our sensible cynicism!

hahahaha

ShadowMercure
  • ShadowMercure

Boss of The Black Org

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

Less the fact it was a POS, more the fact that R* took it upon themselves to remove a legit vehicle.

I suppose so, back on topic, yeah so multiple property would add too much to server loads, I think rockstar will just stay put

Butterfly57
  • Butterfly57

Prankster

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:29 PM

I hope so. I really could do with another garage!

Quite honestly I can't really think why else this would change. But then again, I also don't see it as sure proof buying another property is on the cards - if this was going to happen then there probably is no need to add this until that particular update were to be released. Unless it is there to tease us and get us speculating.

Either that or it is for us forgetful souls who have two characters and absent mindedly forget where the current character lives. I cannot be the only one to try to get into my other characters garage to no avail! I think I need a little extra reminder here and there.

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:29 PM

what i mentioned was that the quick gps option of 'home' has now been changed to the address of the apartment, does anybody else feel this means that we will soon have the option of buying more than one apartment/home?

Sounds a possibility. I hope so!

I'd like to own one home in the city, one in the hills and a couple of garages around the State. :)

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:39 PM

the Business Update files have apartment props in the update section, it appears there may be a new apartment/s coming.

apartment_zps9dbe7497.jpg

apartment1_zps2b05a560.jpg

• GroundZero, Brazilian Mermaid, 2281 and 9 others like this

ShadowMercure
  • ShadowMercure

Boss of The Black Org

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

the Business Update files have apartment props in the update section, it appears there may be a new apartment/s coming.

apartment_zps9dbe7497.jpg

apartment1_zps2b05a560.jpg

Honestly all I'm seeing is upgrade able apartments :/ yknow, from a small tv to a 4k, just have a casual exercise machine yknow, the Usual

Luvythicus
  • Luvythicus

Pugman Luvy

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:44 PM

Actually kinda makes sense. Would love to finally own more garages. Not bad, OP :3c

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:50 PM

I sure hope so. I'll buy another 10 car garage/apartment and a home in Sandy Shores

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:56 PM

Honestly all I'm seeing is upgrade able apartments :/ yknow, from a small tv to a 4k, just have a casual exercise machine yknow, the Usual

all your seeing ? like apartment upgrades are a normal inclusion you've seen in this game already ?

what I see is the game progressively improving with potential for unique and individual properties ;)

• The Real SpitKing and toobsock like this

Jobbo
  • Jobbo

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:00 PM

The logical reason for having an address rather than 'Home' is to avoid ambiguity when you're setting the sat nav as a passenger - if it went to 'Home', would that be your apartment or the driver's?  And the relevance of that is more likely to be heists than multiple property ownership; it'll be important to specify the heist-planner's apartment not your own.

Multiple garages would be nice but it could quite easily be accomplished without the second garage being in a different location to the first.  Access to 'garage upper level' and 'garage lower level' from your apartment lift/elevator.

• x_BlackRose likes this

LeAristocrat
  • LeAristocrat

YouTuber

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:04 PM

That's a very good observation bro. I think you're on to something because there's no reason why they would take the time to change it from "home" to your specific building.

PANiC ATTACK3R
  • PANiC ATTACK3R

Always Dapper

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:15 PM

If was April 1st I would swear the new business clothing was Rockstars idea of a joke!. 

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:22 PM

It would be nice to own a second garage.

And about apartment props - I vaguely remember Rockstar saying something about apartments and upgrades / modifications. Those can be "apartment mods", or new ones. I`d really like to be both :)

• Zanje likes this

huckmonkey
  • huckmonkey

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:55 PM

Do yoy know how many people have asked this stupid question on this forum? To each their own. FFs!

I suppose so, back on topic, yeah so multiple property would add too much to server loads, I think rockstar will just stay put
How would two properties add server load? You can't be in both properties at once, so it's not like the game has to render both properties at the same time for everybody in the lobby. This makes no sense.

ShadowMercure
  • ShadowMercure

Boss of The Black Org

• Members

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:10 AM

Do yoy know how many people have asked this stupid question on this forum? To each their own. FFs!

How would two properties add server load? You can't be in both properties at once, so it's not like the game has to render both properties at the same time for everybody in the lobby. This makes no sense.

Yeah it does, sorry about that. However, honestly I can see the benefits of multiple apartments, but what's the point? Sure, you'll have a easier getaway, fine, but that'll make the game too easy, I don't really think rockstar will add them simply because it's probably not worth their time, they have heists, bugs, glitches, hacks, douchebags, it's all too much, maybe one day we will see it but I highly doubt it'll happen anytime soon. Just my two cents

all your seeing ? like apartment upgrades are a normal inclusion you've seen in this game already ?
what I see is the game progressively improving with potential for unique and individual properties ;)

;) the reason I'm not really surprised is well...it's rockstar, sure they dun goofed with gta online but they have a perfect track record, and they made all the apartments the same, people complaining like jackasses, it was kinda bound to happen

Christacoma
  • Christacoma

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:28 AM

The logical reason for having an address rather than 'Home' is to avoid ambiguity when you're setting the sat nav as a passenger - if it went to 'Home', would that be your apartment or the driver's?  And the relevance of that is more likely to be heists than multiple property ownership; it'll be important to specify the heist-planner's apartment not your own.

Multiple garages would be nice but it could quite easily be accomplished without the second garage being in a different location to the first.  Access to 'garage upper level' and 'garage lower level' from your apartment lift/elevator.

Hasn't anyone noticed that set spawn point also gives a specific address now? This seems to substantiate the theory for multiple properties as there could be little or no relevance in a heist situation.....
  • jdorenbush, Captain Hammer and Muirenn like this

Sangers
  • Sangers

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:52 AM

Someone also previously suggested the concept of a crew hang out. I love this idea and would prefer to customize a safe house shared with other players than my own. No one ever sees the inside of my apartment. But if all my mates spawned at a common safe house, it would increase the use of safe houses and put value to modifying them.

• RAS_ZeroZ likes this

Tymerc
  • Tymerc

Dark Souls 2 Beta Tester

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:25 AM

I sure hope so. It'd be nice being able to spawn in seclusion and not have to worry about people stalking around your apartment.

Aside from places out in the county, I hope we really do get mansions at some point. Would be nice to own one.

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:42 AM Edited by SteveNYC81, 05 March 2014 - 05:42 AM.

1313 Mockingbird Lane

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users