Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which Gta Game Is Worst For Playing ?

74 replies to this topic
Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:16 AM Edited by Rainbow Party, 18 March 2014 - 02:51 AM.

I personally don't like the top-down GTA games, mostly because I get a headache whenever the camera keeps zooming in & out in accordance to your speed and you've got a poor sense as to what's ahead of you as far as other traffic or obstacles go.

>inb4

blood-is-in-diamond: Yeah but GTA 2D games created the genre in 1997 and then with GTA 2 (1999). Damn man that great, GTA began with 2D top down and then turned 3D with GTA3 (2001) which was groundbreaking and sold millions of copies. GTA is truely a God of OWG and the GTA series is truely a classic and amazing franchise. GTA 1 and 2 are cult classics :)

Fun fact: GTA 1 came out in 1997

• Miamivicecity likes this

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:09 AM

Not gonna say Advanced, because I've played it on an emulator once, for like two minutes. The limitations of the console it was made on also put it at a disadvantage, and it would have been pretty fun for a GBA game just because it has an open world.

In defense of Chinatown Wars, it was originally released on the DS and it's definitely meant to be played on the DS, and I think you have to go in expecting something different from most GTA games. It's a game to play on the sh*tter, and that's alright.

(I haven't played I or either London EP) GTA 2 was the most difficult to play in my opinion. Having to pay to save, having to juggle the respect of three gangs each borough, and not being able to strafe or take cover (or if you could I don't remember) all made the game pretty bad. I guess I probably can't give the game a fair assessment because I played a couple 3D era games first, but all the other games were a lot more fun to play than GTA 2. I played on the PC by the way, if that makes any difference.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:24 PM

III(3) for me.

Extreme foreshadowing.
Story dragged out for too long.
Tedious protagonist.
Lame/annoying characters(except Maria&Mr Leone).

Lowi
  • Lowi

Hustler

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:51 PM

GTA IV, boring city and boring missions

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:27 PM

GTA IV, boring city and boring missions

So its worse than GTA Advance.

For me, none of the 3-D nor HD-era games were bad. V is kind of my second least favorite out of all of those games but it is far from bad. IV can't surpass VC in my opinion though.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:05 PM

III(3) for me.

Extreme foreshadowing.
Story dragged out for too long.
Tedious protagonist.
Lame/annoying characters(except Maria&Mr Leone).

Lol this was the game that saved the Franchise and Changed the Genre forever,maybe it because it 13years old that why you could say so plus for being the Modern Creator (Father) of the Genre it got aged so fast lol :).
  • Linc. likes this

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:08 PM

Dude, you will defend every single GTA to death xD

• B Dawg and Sting4S like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:14 PM

Dude, you will defend every single GTA to death xD

He is the ultimate GTA Fanboy!

Linc.
  • Linc.

Damage, Inc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:00 AM Edited by Linc., 25 March 2014 - 10:11 AM.

I despise The Ballad of Gay Tony. By far my least favourite game in the series. It ruined what could have been a fantastic end to the Impossible Trinity. The first two games (GTA IV and TLAD) were just fantastic with their dark grittiness and captured Liberty Citu perfectly. Rockstar didn't NEED to make The Ballad of Gay Tony, but they did to keep the pissy 10 year olds happy, so they gave them stupid unnecessary features, an overpowered helicopter, nitrous oxide and the sh*ttiest GTA protagonist of them all, the all grand douchebag Luis Lopez.

It's like the ninth season of Scrubs.
Or Metallica's St. Anger album.

f*ck that game.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:25 PM

Lol this was the game that saved the Franchise and Changed the Genre forever,maybe it because it 13years old that why you could say so plus for being the Modern Creator (Father) of the Genre it got aged so fast lol :).

Changed the Genre- Maybe.

Saved the franchise- I doubt that.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:22 PM

Changed the Genre- Maybe.

Saved the franchise- I doubt that.

I know for a fact it changed the genre of open world sandbox games, or at least put it on the map for other game designers as a standard to meet as far as open world gameplay went. Remember the sheer numbers of GTA clones between then and now?

As far as "saving the franchise", I wouldn't think it saved it. I wouldn't know, though, seeing as my first GTA was GTA 3, but looking back on it, it greatly improved the series with the implementation of 3D graphics. Maybe that's just a given, though, but yeah, 3D graphics kinda "made" the game for reviewers and fans all over the states back then.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:24 AM

I know for a fact it changed the genre of open world sandbox games, or at least put it on the map for other game designers as a standard to meet as far as open world gameplay went. Remember the sheer numbers of GTA clones between then and now?

Well you have to remember the previous GTA games were open world too.

And as far as "Saving the franchise goes". When Resident Evil 4 came out S%-tcom took RE in a whole different direction, since then, the RE game sales have gone downhill.

It's like with Final Fantasy and Devil May Cry took a great series/franchise and shot it down the toilet. Graphics, elements, mechanics, etc.... All that doesn't mean the game will get good ratings/reviews, or for it to sell well.

Can't say for Silent Hill. Never did like the games. So far the only series/franchise that is doing well is Metal Gear Solid.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Trouble Man

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:40 AM

I see a lot of posts for Advance and Chinatown Wars but I can't say I've ever had a problem with either. No, by far the worst GTA I've played was the Gameboy Color (or was it the Gameboy Advance?) version of GTA2. This is going back a lot of years and I only drew the patience to ever play it once - it was horrific and totally unplayable. There simply weren't the required controls to pass missions and advance gameplay.

I'm curious how easy/hard the mobile versions of III/Vice City are?

Linc.
  • Linc.

Damage, Inc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:42 AM

I'm curious how easy/hard the mobile versions of III/Vice City are?

They're very easy, I'd say in fact easier than any other version of them whether it be console or PC. The auto-aim system was refined very well with the two games and I actually believe that the games were made easier in terms of AI so that they could please casual gamers who simply play them on iOS for a bit of fun. It's not unbearably easy, the games still get hard towards then end but I think that they're a really good balance and probably the best games that you can get on iOS and Android devices (San Andreas on mobile was pretty rubbish).
  • Tyla likes this

zkroll
  • zkroll

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:18 PM

believe it or not for me for gameplay it was VC . why , cause not being able to explore sea underworld in Miami is like an heresy to me . and in VC the map was small only two island , even III had more .. i didn't like much neither SA cause it gave a wrong feeling or immensity but at least there was some fun offroad to do in Chilliad . VC had a cool atmosphere but for gameplay it was pretty short :sarcasm:

What is it you're trying to say here? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users