Which Gta Game Is Worst For Playing ?

74 replies to this topic
jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:50 PM

Yeah VC's soundtrack really had a great impact in me and I probably love the game mostly for the soundtrack :p And it was the first game I played that had bikes, and it was so much fun.
I played GTA 1 and 2 for the first time when I was 12 or so because I was 4 in 1997. Maybe that spoiled it for me but I just can't find a way to like those 2 games no matter how much I try to play them or try to tell myself "this is fun" or "this was great when it came out". Maybe it's just because 90s games were very hard in general or demanded more commitment to playing them, and games just became more "casual" in the 2000s, in this case with GTA 3, which absolutely blew my mind.

I get you dude. It was a different era for games, GTA1 was one of the last old style 2D/3D games as half life on pc released the very next year (1998) changed the entire games industry.
I was 10 years old when I started playing GTA in 97, to me then GTA was the funniest most free game I'd ever played and Iguess II'll always love it. I REMEMBER coming home with gta3 on release in 2001 though, when i put that in my ps2 for the first time I nearly died of awe. I didnt think it would get any better than 3, I was wrong. Haha

my least played GTA is London 1969 + 1961, (ironic considering my avatar) because I never got hold of them at the time and I overlooked it for years after GTA2.

III really impressed me technically too when it came out . it had really cool and innovative features like the stunt jumps , the cinematics based on your gameplay , the pay 'n spray , and also the 3 big islands that were progressively unveiled

• DChumber1 likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:11 AM

Yeah VC's soundtrack really had a great impact in me and I probably love the game mostly for the soundtrack :p And it was the first game I played that had bikes, and it was so much fun.
I played GTA 1 and 2 for the first time when I was 12 or so because I was 4 in 1997. Maybe that spoiled it for me but I just can't find a way to like those 2 games no matter how much I try to play them or try to tell myself "this is fun" or "this was great when it came out". Maybe it's just because 90s games were very hard in general or demanded more commitment to playing them, and games just became more "casual" in the 2000s, in this case with GTA 3, which absolutely blew my mind.

I get you dude. It was a different era for games, GTA1 was one of the last old style 2D/3D games as half life on pc released the very next year (1998) changed the entire games industry.
I was 10 years old when I started playing GTA in 97, to me then GTA was the funniest most free game I'd ever played and Iguess II'll always love it. I REMEMBER coming home with gta3 on release in 2001 though, when i put that in my ps2 for the first time I nearly died of awe. I didnt think it would get any better than 3, I was wrong. Haha

my least played GTA is London 1969 + 1961, (ironic considering my avatar) because I never got hold of them at the time and I overlooked it for years after GTA2.

III really impressed me technically too when it came out . it had really cool and innovative features like the stunt jumps , the cinematics based on your gameplay , the pay 'n spray , and also the 3 big islands that were progressively unveiled

Pay 'n' spray was in GTA (1997) and GTA2 (1999) according to GTA Wiki.
  • DChumber1 likes this

Mikeol2014
  • Mikeol2014

Juan more time

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:26 AM

they were indeed. Wiki is correct. Import export garages were in gta1 too but you could just sell any car at a crane
  • DChumber1 likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:55 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 06 March 2014 - 12:55 AM.

they were indeed. Wiki is correct. Import export garages were in gta1 too but you could just sell any car at a crane
GTA Wiki-said GTA2 (1999) had Max Paynt Shops which were like Pay 'n' spray cus you can use it to;
*Repair
*Respray
*Evade Wanted Level
Tbh the 2D Era GTAs brough all these to Gaming and they were still Underrated Well GTA3 Blew everyone mind away back in 2001 and that was great.
  • DChumber1 likes this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:47 AM

Probably LCS. As much as I've tried to get into it most of the time it feels like a weaker GTA III.

• Mikeol2014 likes this

Chips237
  • Chips237

Walking on sunshine

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:38 AM

LCS or Advance.

Just because a game is 2D doesn't mean it's bad. Look at CW.

G D
  • G D

RED7 ineffable arts.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:55 AM Edited by gdsaqqq, 06 March 2014 - 11:00 AM.

GTA IV.

Worst game ever.

Advance, it shouldn't exist.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:54 PM

^I could forgive Advance only if it was released in late 90s or earlier.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

^I could forgive Advance only if it was released in late 90s or earlier.

Advance was actually the only game in the Franchise to get a lower score since the GTA3 brought GTA into 3D 13 years ago (circa.2001).

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond Creativity®

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

I Actually like GTA CTW.

But the worst is Advance. The story was sh*t, Cars were sh*t. Liberty City didn't feel like Liberty City.

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

just realised I said 3 had motorbikes for the first time of course I meant in the 3 era... asthe original had bikes but damned if you didn't come off them all the time trying to speed round top down, haha. I Just thought... and for the life of me can't remember... gta2 didn't have bikes did it? Just cars. Weird. I might be wrong though I can't remember.

gta 2 and 3 no bikes.

gta 1 and 2 on ps1, have to hold x to walk is biggest downside from  gta on ps1.

gta4 for gameplay, game aint fun nor feels like gta.

Mikeol2014
  • Mikeol2014

Juan more time

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:56 PM

just realised I said 3 had motorbikes for the first time of course I meant in the 3 era... asthe original had bikes but damned if you didn't come off them all the time trying to speed round top down, haha. I Just thought... and for the life of me can't remember... gta2 didn't have bikes did it? Just cars. Weird. I might be wrong though I can't remember.

gta 2 and 3 no bikes.
gta 1 and 2 on ps1, have to hold x to walk is biggest downside from  gta on ps1.

as far as I remember walking wasn't even an option in the PC versions, had to walk backwards to simulate the pace the pedestrians walked at. I agree something was missing from IV I still think its missing in V to be honest as well... the magic ain't there anymore.
  • Blennerville likes this

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:24 PM

^Watch out, Blood is looking at this topic. He will start proving that you must not think like this and he will claim his opinion as a fact, since GTA series is how he says 'perfect'.

• theGTAking101 likes this

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:57 PM Edited by Aintgottime2bleed, 06 March 2014 - 08:58 PM.

gta 2 and 3 no bikes.

as far as I remember walking wasn't even an option in the PC versions, had to walk backwards to simulate the pace the pedestrians walked at. I agree something was missing from IV I still think its missing in V to be honest as well... the magic ain't there anymore.

I ment move, dont remember walk speed etc. but normal use d pad to move but that was used for aim so had press x to move ( hold or tap to 'walk' ), really hated it on first playtime. Although you walked faster as peds i think by tapping x u still faster like they do 1 step u do 2 steps so u cant match up. I never played gta5 so cant say if its worse as gta4.

Mikeol2014
  • Mikeol2014

Juan more time

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:52 PM Edited by Mikeol1987, 06 March 2014 - 09:54 PM.

^Watch out, Blood is looking at this topic. He will start proving that you must not think like this and he will claim his opinion as a fact, since GTA series is how he says 'perfect'.

bloods been contributing to the discussion just fine, I have had no problems thus far... but what have you contributed to this discussion, other than your opinion on CTW and advance? you just come back here to slam another member? Shame on you.

Gta is far from perfect but I don't mind if people do think it is, makes discussing it far more enjoyable.

Blennerville
  • Blennerville

Trick

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:18 PM

GTA Wiki-said GTA2 (1999) had Max Paynt Shops which were like Pay 'n' spray cus you can use it to;
*Repair
*Respray
*Evade Wanted Level
Tbh the 2D Era GTAs brough all these to Gaming and they were still Underrated Well GTA3 Blew everyone mind away back in 2001 and that was great.

dont forget in GTA2 pay n spray you could turn your car into a Bond car with dual machine in the front and oil spill and mines in the rear. i just remembered that. 2 was a great game for going on killing spree's and kill frenzy's.

The lack of weapon cheats in GTA4 and 5 was dissapointing. I dont think there are very many who played the older games without the cheats LOL, it was the first thing you did.

Mikeol2014
  • Mikeol2014

Juan more time

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:31 PM

*Repair
*Respray
*Evade Wanted Level

dont forget in GTA2 pay n spray you could turn your car into a Bond car with dual machine in the front and oil spill and mines in the rear. i just remembered that. 2 was a great game for going on killing spree's and kill frenzy's.

The lack of weapon cheats in GTA4 and 5 was dissapointing. I dont think there are very many who played the older games without the cheats LOL, it was the first thing you did.

Imagine my excitement and subsequent disappointment when I discovered the JB car in V had machine guns... but you can't use them outside of that mission... slap in the face that was.

Blennerville
  • Blennerville

Trick

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:51 PM

i mnow right, also the guns were not even necessary since you just need the the spikes. they should have designed the mission better so you had to use the guns a lot as well. i just let the cops pass me out.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:47 PM Edited by AnDReJ98, 06 March 2014 - 11:48 PM.

bloods been contributing to the discussion just fine, I have had no problems thus far... but what have you contributed to this discussion, other than your opinion on CTW and advance? you just come back here to slam another member? Shame on you.

Gta is far from perfect but I don't mind if people do think it is, makes discussing it far more enjoyable.

It was just like a joke. Even if he keep doing it often around on forum, it was still wrote as a joke. And just because i made only 2 posts does not mean i am not active in discussion. Learn some simple things bro.

Mikeol2014
  • Mikeol2014

Juan more time

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:51 PM

Jokes are not easily identifiable with just text, it can be taken all sorts of ways...Bro.

lets get back in topic anyway

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:02 AM

I constanted it as a joke, even if it isn`t, since it is true what i said. And yes, lets go back to the topic.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:36 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 07 March 2014 - 12:39 AM.

*Repair
*Respray
*Evade Wanted Level

Damn that so f*cking amazing,it unfair the 2D Era games were underrated,but then any game involving carjacking and killing peds comes out Post GTA (1997) and GTA2 (1999),These two games are always mentioned (IGN and GS mentioned the aforementioned during Driver2 review).I hope that feature comes back in future but then we have to remember it was a Futuristic game :)...anyways i think IV and V have great cheat for causing hacking.

DChumber1
  • DChumber1

Gta San Andreas/ViceCity Modder

• Members

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:07 AM

As According To All Replies,,
Is Gta: Advance Is Worst ?

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

\ (•◡•) /

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:25 PM

Gta Advanced felt too slow. And Gta iv on foot felt clunky.

THE GHETTO JEZUS
  • THE GHETTO JEZUS

Tape Is Love, Tape Is Life

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:09 PM

For me it'll be any GTA games that's on a handheld console. It's just doesn't feel like a GTA game when you're on a PSP compared to a PS1/ PS2/ PS3. 

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:08 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 17 March 2014 - 11:11 PM.

For me it'll be any GTA games that's on a handheld console. It's just doesn't feel like a GTA game when you're on a PSP compared to a PS1/ PS2/ PS3. 

but LCS and VCS were ported to PS2,Advance and Chinatown Wars were the only two games in the Franchise that were Exclusive to Handheld Consoles,except for the two,every GTA have span the following consoles:PS1/PS2/PS3/Dreamcast/Xbox/Xbox360 and in future PS4/Xbox One.

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:45 PM

↑ what does that have to do with anything? :p

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:00 AM

↑ what does that have to do with anything? :p

nothing i am just telling me,cus he said he doesnt like any GTA on handheld,and the handheld games in the Franchise were also release for PS2 except for Advanced and Chinatown Wars.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:01 AM

LCS. It looked and felt like a PS1 era game.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:07 AM

I personally don't like the top-down GTA games, mostly because I get a headache whenever the camera keeps zooming in & out in accordance to your speed and you've got a poor sense as to what's ahead of you as far as other traffic or obstacles go.

For 3D games, I didn't like VCS, but mostly due to the poor plot. Gameplay-wise, it was kinda good. I just didn't like the overload of neon and how the soundtrack didn't sound as decent as VC's. Come think of it, VCS may be my least favorite 3D game. What with all the constant gang attacks and all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users