I Think..Gta Chinatown Wars.
What's Ur Choice ?

tehSpitefulPotato
  • tehSpitefulPotato

meme police

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:19 PM

GTA Advance. I don't know, maybe it feels different on GBA, but playing this on emulator is waste of time. Pixels are too large, and the whole game is sooo slooow.

Chinatown Wars is good for me. I play it on the PSP and it's cool. Like someone on the forums said, it's a good mix between 2D, 3D and HD eras. Liberty City from IV is awesome even in top-down view, though I don't like how they changed the map. I know it was initially released on DS, and DS hardly could handle height differences and curved streets, and I understand that changing it back for PSP and iOS would require too much work and be in fact weird, but it sucks anyway.

• DChumber1 likes this

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:20 PM Edited by Rainbow Party, 04 March 2014 - 01:54 PM.

↑ That's weird, I really liked GTA for Advance, and I've played Chinatown Wars on an iPod and it was painfully unconfortable, I kind of regret buying it.

• DChumber1 likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:52 PM

GTA: Advance really as it was quite awful. I've played it only to know the story and I was forcing myself to do it. 

CTW is great and quite fun actually. I like the drug dealing side mission and I wouldn't mind getting something similar in some bigger GTA.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:57 PM

I thought CTW is the worst GTA, in many ways. But after completing Advance i saw the real point there and what is actually good in CTW. Advance is the worst GTA so far by everything. So Advance gets my vote.

• DChumber1 likes this

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:06 PM Edited by Rainbow Party, 04 March 2014 - 02:07 PM.

If there's something I liked about CTW was going to the shop across the street and buying scratch cards, it really made me feel like I live in the city. But most of the other "minigames" were just tedious and not fun to me. And maybe the controls just sucked for me because I played it on a touch screen with the buttons "painted" all over the screen. Did you guys play it on Nintendo DS?

Advance looked like the definitive top down GTA to me since it had old school graphics, nice artwork on the cutscenes and the perfect gameplay features of GTA 3. I haven't finished it so I can't say if the story and final missions are good or not.

• DChumber1 likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:18 PM

If there's something I liked about CTW was going to the shop across the street and buying scratch cards, it really made me feel like I live in the city. But most of the other "minigames" were just tedious and not fun to me. And maybe the controls just sucked for me because I played it on a touch screen with the buttons "painted" all over the screen. Did you guys play it on Nintendo DS?
Advance looked like the definitive top down GTA to me since it had old school graphics, nice artwork on the cutscenes and the perfect gameplay features of GTA 3. I haven't finished it so I can't say if the story and final missions are good or not.

I just downloaded GTA2 demo from it site (not the full game cus it not available anymore) but damn it didnt feel like a 2D game it was more 3D-ish amd the top down with the 3D buildings are Great,The Peds were all over the place enter cabs,Fighting,Cop Chases etc.I carjack someone and i felt like GTA2 was the Blueprint for GTA3 and openworld games.Lol the problem was it didnt have a mini-map like the 3D and HD Era games or modern OWGs but it was Great,the Abilities,the freedom to not answer a Phone Mission etc Damn i just saw the EVOLUTION of a Legendary Franchise.Lol i like the Fart and Burp feature :) tbh GTA did not only "Revolutionised" and "Popularised" the Genre with GTA3,but it basically invented it.Hope Rockstar would make it available to download again so i can Play the full game not just the Demo.I would also love to play GTA (1997) and the London Games.
  • DChumber1 likes this

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:23 PM Edited by Rainbow Party, 04 March 2014 - 03:25 PM.

I loved the fart and burp feature too, lmao xd They should have included that in newer GTAs. GTA 2 had really good graphics too, it felt kind of cyberpunk. I just really hated the way navigating is so unconfortable because you can't run fast, they layout of some buildings is weird (who needs stairs and streets of different height in a top down game?), and you have no map within the game. Also I hate how you have to pay to save the game and it's hard to find that church. I think those were simply just very bad design ideas that killed what could have been a greater game. GTA 3 of course made up for all of those mistakes. If GTA 2 had a minimap and a better saving method, it would have been great for me.

• DChumber1 likes this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:39 PM

I hate the playability of the games prior to San Andreas. The impossibility of being able to move the camera around the car when driving it gets me on my nerves.

• DChumber1 likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

I loved the fart and burp feature too, lmao xd They should have included that in newer GTAs. GTA 2 had really good graphics too, it felt kind of cyberpunk. I just really hated the way navigating is so unconfortable because you can't run fast, they layout of some buildings is weird (who needs stairs and streets of different height in a top down game?), and you have no map within the game. Also I hate how you have to pay to save the game and it's hard to find that church. I think those were simply just very bad design ideas that killed what could have been a greater game. GTA 3 of course made up for all of those mistakes. If GTA 2 had a minimap and a better saving method, it would have been great for me.

True,but if GTA2 have had a Minimap then it could have Revolutionised the Genre back in 1999.I only played the demo,but on GTA Wiki and wikipedia,they said it had a Saving Point,but yeah not a Safehouse.I am sure if it had the 3D graphics not just for buildings but the entire game then it would have been a diferent story.It said to be a Futuristic game,but it looks like a Retro 1960s setting,but anyways GTA2 was the First Ever Futuristic OWG plus it Predates any futuristic type OWG (I guess).
  • DChumber1 likes this

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:06 PM Edited by Rainbow Party, 04 March 2014 - 07:07 PM.

No, I think Body Harvest came out 1 year before GTA 2 and it was "open world" and more futuristic than GTA 2.

You praise GTA way too much imo >_>

I might get some hate for this but I just have to add as a reply to this thread that I think GTA 1 and GTA 2 had the worst gameplay of the series.

• DChumber1 likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:18 PM

No, I think Body Harvest came out 1 year before GTA 2 and it was "open world" and more futuristic than GTA 2.
You praise GTA way too much imo >_>

I might get some hate for this but I just have to add as a reply to this thread that I think GTA 1 and GTA 2 had the worst gameplay of the series.

How? A Game with Freeroam,Missions,Innovative gameplay features (Bribing Cops,Pay n Spray,Peds,etc) is worst? Lol,yeah it had 2D graphics and Top down views but damn they Predates any game with Carjacking and what i mentioned.playing GTA2 today was a BLAST hope i could find a retro shop then i would get the 2D Era games and PS1.

Fun Fact:Body Harvest is retroactively called "GTA Space".and GTA (1997) predates the aforementioned game.
  • DChumber1 likes this

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:24 PM

I dont care if the first GTA came before Body Harvest. Body Harvest came before GTA 2 so GTA 2 is not the first futuristic open world game like you said.
And I've said about 4 times already, I don't care if GTA1 and 2 invented the genre. They had really sh*tty gameplay in my opinion. Carjacking and killing people and stuff isn't fun if the gameplay is sh*t anyway. You cant run, you dont have a map, the city layout is sh*t, you cant even save the game without getting like 1 million points in 1 play in GTA 1, or going back to that church without having a clue of where it is in GTA 2. It's like they intentionally made the game frustratingly hard.

The only thing they got right was the whole carjacking thing, and the way the city behaves by itself, and starting the series which thankfully got better in GTA 3. But actually playing the missions with the point of advancing in the game and unlocking stuff was painful in the first 2 GTAs. It has nothing to do with graphics or the top down view. They just had bad gameplay ideas and sucked.

• DChumber1 likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:34 PM

But then 2D Era games introduced:
*Police Roadblocks
*Cop Bribing
*Evading Cops by Spraying Cars
*Carjacking
p*Peds with advancement,like hailing cab etc
*Weapon Dual in OWG
*Special Abilities
*Respect (which was later copied by Saints Row but SA-style)
*Playing in RL location (London)
*form of communication,Pager,Phone box (even though it wasnt use by the player)
etc.
  • DChumber1 likes this

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:50 PM Edited by Rainbow Party, 04 March 2014 - 08:58 PM.

Yeah but ironically they were not fun to play, regardless of what they introduced.

The title of this thread is "which gta is the worse for playing?" The first 2 GTAs had tons of good ideas and a few bad ones that managed to ruin the experience.

• DChumber1 likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:13 PM

Yeah but ironically they were not fun to play, regardless of what they introduced.
The title of this thread is "which gta is the worse for playing?" The first 2 GTAs had tons of good ideas and a few bad ones that managed to ruin the experience.

True,Yeah i know GTA Revolutionised and Popularised the OW/Sandbox Genre,and i know this will be conflicting but after playing GTA2 a game which came out 15 years ago and i claiming GTA invented the Genre.
  • DChumber1 likes this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

I guess it depens what you have played. I for one have played every GTA game except GTA Advance and GTA CW, so I cant really comment on those two games.

Of the games that I have played I'd probably say that GTA LCS is the worst that I have played. Even though I say that, it is still a very good game but I like it the least out of the series so far.

• DChumber1 likes this

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

The Sound of Silence

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:41 PM

GTA 1 and GTA 2 for the Gameboy Color.

• Rainbow Party and DChumber1 like this

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:51 PM

xD yeah those were the wackiest ports ever. I guess they get points for trying though.

• DChumber1 likes this

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:21 PM Edited by jpm1, 05 March 2014 - 11:35 PM.

believe it or not for me for gameplay it was VC . why , cause not being able to explore sea underworld in Miami is like an heresy to me . and in VC the map was small only two island , even III had more .. i didn't like much neither SA cause it gave a wrong feeling or immensity but at least there was some fun offroad to do in Chilliad . VC had a cool atmosphere but for gameplay it was pretty short :sarcasm:

• DChumber1 likes this

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:29 PM

You are right about VC feeling too small. I'm not sure if the GTA 3 map is actually bigger but the 2 islands + the mainland made it feel really big. In VC it's like each neighbourhood is just 1 block big. And not being able to swim in VC was a shame, yes.

• DChumber1 likes this

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:54 PM

jpm1 & rainbow, you two...You hurt my feelings!

• DChumber1 likes this

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:14 PM

Vice City is still my favorite GTA ever though ;O

• Mikeol2014, DChumber1 and Blennerville like this

Mikeol2014
  • Mikeol2014

Juan more time

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:21 PM Edited by Mikeol1987, 05 March 2014 - 05:24 PM.

the first two GTAs were amazing fun. It started the love of this series that everyone here can appreciate. Did you play when it released in 1997? Because I did. For hours and days on end. Same with GTA2, and 3 all the way up to now. Gta has been my main entertainment in terms of games for nearly 17 years ive enjoyed every single GTA. Gta advance I agree was the worst but only because its frame rate suffered badly. CtW is a great portable GTA.

Rainbow - VC is my favourite too, just that soundtrack sucks you into the game, as well as motorbikes for the first time ever! Great memories.
  • DChumber1 and Blennerville like this

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:30 PM Edited by Rainbow Party, 05 March 2014 - 05:32 PM.

Yeah VC's soundtrack really had a great impact in me and I probably love the game mostly for the soundtrack :p And it was the first game I played that had bikes, and it was so much fun.
I played GTA 1 and 2 for the first time when I was 12 or so because I was 4 in 1997. Maybe that spoiled it for me but I just can't find a way to like those 2 games no matter how much I try to play them or try to tell myself "this is fun" or "this was great when it came out". Maybe it's just because 90s games were very hard in general or demanded more commitment to playing them, and games just became more "casual" in the 2000s, in this case with GTA 3, which absolutely blew my mind.

• DChumber1 likes this

Mikeol2014
  • Mikeol2014

Juan more time

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:50 PM Edited by Mikeol1987, 05 March 2014 - 05:53 PM.

Yeah VC's soundtrack really had a great impact in me and I probably love the game mostly for the soundtrack :p And it was the first game I played that had bikes, and it was so much fun.
I played GTA 1 and 2 for the first time when I was 12 or so because I was 4 in 1997. Maybe that spoiled it for me but I just can't find a way to like those 2 games no matter how much I try to play them or try to tell myself "this is fun" or "this was great when it came out". Maybe it's just because 90s games were very hard in general or demanded more commitment to playing them, and games just became more "casual" in the 2000s, in this case with GTA 3, which absolutely blew my mind.

I get you dude. It was a different era for games, GTA1 was one of the last old style 2D/3D games as half life on pc released the very next year (1998) changed the entire games industry.
I was 10 years old when I started playing GTA in 97, to me then GTA was the funniest most free game I'd ever played and Iguess II'll always love it. I REMEMBER coming home with gta3 on release in 2001 though, when i put that in my ps2 for the first time I nearly died of awe. I didnt think it would get any better than 3, I was wrong. Haha

my least played GTA is London 1969 + 1961, (ironic considering my avatar) because I never got hold of them at the time and I overlooked it for years after GTA2.
  • DChumber1 likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:31 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 05 March 2014 - 06:35 PM.

the first two GTAs were amazing fun. It started the love of this series that everyone here can appreciate. Did you play when it released in 1997? Because I did. For hours and days on end. Same with GTA2, and 3 all the way up to now. Gta has been my main entertainment in terms of games for nearly 17 years ive enjoyed every single GTA. Gta advance I agree was the worst but only because its frame rate suffered badly. CtW is a great portable GTA.

Rainbow - VC is my favourite too, just that soundtrack sucks you into the game, as well as motorbikes for the first time ever! Great memories.

It amazing that GTA will be 17 years old this year and 20 in 2017,It the Greatest Game Franchise Ever made,and it already Getting a BAFTA Highest Accolades for Rockstar,what a Legend.Great Comment bro btw :)

OP:Every GTA are Masterpieces (even though
GTA (1997),GTA London and GTA2 were underrated and Cult-Classics).Playing GTA2 yesterday was a great experience but sadly it was the demo :)
  • DChumber1 likes this

Mikeol2014
  • Mikeol2014

Juan more time

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:35 PM Edited by Mikeol1987, 05 March 2014 - 06:41 PM.

It amazing that GTA will be 17 years old this year and 20 in 2017,It the Great Game Franchise Ever made,and it already Getting a BAFTA Highest Accolades for Rockstar,what a Legend.Great Comment bro btw :)
GTA (1997),GTA London and GTA2 were underrated and Cult-Classics).Playing GTA2 yesterday was a great experience but sadly it was the demo :)
GTA2s online multiplayer was really cool too, I still wanna play it now...almost impossible now though

edit: just realised I said 3 had motorbikes for the first time of course I meant in the 3 era... asthe original had bikes but damned if you didn't come off them all the time trying to speed round top down, haha. I Just thought... and for the life of me can't remember... gta2 didn't have bikes did it? Just cars. Weird. I might be wrong though I can't remember.
  • DChumber1 likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:41 PM

It amazing that GTA will be 17 years old this year and 20 in 2017,It the Great Game Franchise Ever made,and it already Getting a BAFTA Highest Accolades for Rockstar,what a Legend.Great Comment bro btw :)
GTA2s online multiplayer was really cool too, I still wanna play it now...almost impossible now though

true,when i heard GTA2 had multiplayer i was like Damn a 90s OWG with Multiplayer that Great,infact GTA introduced that to the Genre even though it didnt return until the HD Era.Lol Even TES,Driver and other games in the 90s didnt have that feature.
  • Mikeol2014 and DChumber1 like this

Mikeol2014
  • Mikeol2014

Juan more time

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:56 PM

just realised I said 3 had motorbikes for the first time of course I meant in the 3 era... asthe original had bikes but damned if you didn't come off them all the time trying to speed round top down, haha. I Just thought... and for the life of me can't remember... gta2 didn't have bikes did it? Just cars. Weird. I might be wrong though I can't remember.
  • DChumber1 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users