Photo

Things to do offline

22 replies to this topic
beastlystoner69
  • beastlystoner69

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:11 AM Edited by beastlystoner69, 04 March 2014 - 06:14 AM.

Ok im new to the gta world the last time i played at all was san andreas. I was wondering wat all can you do offline. Like an example breaking into houses robbing banks stuff like that

RolfStarGames
  • RolfStarGames

Thug

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:18 AM

You can pick up a prostitute and kill her to get your money back.

D3ADSH0T
  • D3ADSH0T

We are Diamond Dogs...

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:41 AM Edited by D3ADSH0T, 04 March 2014 - 07:54 AM.

Hey, welcome to the forums bro! :) what I usually do are cop chases throughout the state. That or the never ending arms trafficking side missions for Trevor!!

ZeusMowat_278
  • ZeusMowat_278

Big Homie

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:29 PM

Watch 747s crash & buses rolling over multiple times.

Go to LSC Airport
Get inside Tow Truck
Find & tow an Airport Bus/Dashound
Park bus on the North runway spanning east-west (the one near Devin Weston's Hangar)
Detach bus
Park tow truck on the grass but keep the bus on screen so it doesn't de spawn
Wait for NPC 747
????
Profit

;)

Sir Winthorpe Herrington
  • Sir Winthorpe Herrington

Rachet

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:50 PM

Ok im new to the gta world the last time i played at all was san andreas. I was wondering wat all can you do offline. Like an example breaking into houses robbing banks stuff like that

Lots of things to do..but none of which you have mentioned we can do yet. Hopefully in a dlc we can rob banks because there is a bank to enter with a vault that really looks like its just a small patch away from being robbery ready. Basically in a sandbox game you have to use your imagination and role play to get the most out of it. Here's some things I do:

- stalk ped's pretending I have a contract to murder them, and do so

- experiment with different sniper vantage points and snipe peds

- use the cheat codes! Things like flaming bullets, fast run, super jump, invincibility, and flying are good fun.

- try walking around listening to the peds conversations or finding unique peds such as the zombie on the strip

- go to the strip at night and throw sticky bombs at the large crowds outside nightclubs 

- run people down on the beach

- go into all the different gang locations and fight them / get them to fight other gangs

- experiment with trying to take different vehicles up and down chilliad

• pilscy likes this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:54 PM Edited by Official General, 04 March 2014 - 03:54 PM.

You can do yoga.

• fac316 likes this

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

You can do yoga.

You don't say.

Sir Winthorpe Herrington
  • Sir Winthorpe Herrington

Rachet

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:27 PM

You can do yoga.

You don't say.

To this day I have yet to do it besides the mission where the game forces you to do some. I have just recently tried tennis...its ok but I prefer the air hockey of TBOGT over it.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:29 PM

Well, yoga does fill the special ability bar. ;)

You can invest in the stock market, and go hunting, two things that aren't in GTA Online (yet). 

EDSTEROK
  • EDSTEROK

Going to Los Santos

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

Haven't done offline much since finishing the game, but recently decided to collect the Spacecraft parts. Got to 30 and decided it was enough and happen to be by a sailboat. So I started sailing when I noticed the shadow of a plane over me as it was descending to land by the airport just to my left. So I grounded the sailboat, went in the airport and grabbed a jumbo jet. Flew way up high over the city and jumped out and watched it spiral downwards to LS (didn't see it crash). Anyway, made a perfect parachute landing by the construction site and some chic was soooo impressed she took her phone out and snapped a pic of me :)

So yeah, there's that.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:11 PM

Haven't done offline much since finishing the game, but recently decided to collect the Spacecraft parts. Got to 30 and decided it was enough and happen to be by a sailboat. So I started sailing when I noticed the shadow of a plane over me as it was descending to land by the airport just to my left. So I grounded the sailboat, went in the airport and grabbed a jumbo jet. Flew way up high over the city and jumped out and watched it spiral downwards to LS (didn't see it crash). Anyway, made a perfect parachute landing by the construction site and some chic was soooo impressed she took her phone out and snapped a pic of me :)

So yeah, there's that.

Well, one more thing to add to the list, you can't fly the jumbo jet on GTA:O, you can only fly it in SP. :)

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

Lots of things to do..but none of which you have mentioned we can do yet. 

We can rob banks in offline. Its in story mode. You can rob a jewelry store too. 

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:17 PM

We can rob banks in offline. Its in story mode. You can rob a jewelry store too. 

Yeah, but only in missions. There might be free-roam heists soon though (in the small FLEECA banks).

fac316
  • fac316

Playa

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:09 PM

I actually try to grind away without glitching to buy the properties (cept that golf course and the movie theatres) before I complete the Big one, that way I feel like I actually  am "pursuing the almighty $$$".

TXF
  • TXF

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:20 PM

Yeah, but only in missions. There might be free-roam heists soon though (in the small FLEECA banks).

I'd love to be able to do that. That's one thing I wish GTAV Single Player had more of. Robbing stuff. Robbing pedestrians, Robbing random banks. Robbing convenience stores like Online. Robbing normal stores too. Just more involved ways to make money once you beat the game. As in ways that are more fun, rather than just buying properties and waiting, or trying to deal with stocks.

One thing to try: Fly a helicopter high up, look for a blimp. Then jump out and try to land on the Blimp with a parachute. Then obviously take a selfie while you're up there.

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:39 PM Edited by Phoenix_Shit, 04 March 2014 - 07:40 PM.

Whats up and welcome to GTAFourm. So here are some things to do in Grand Theft Auto V.

1. You can mod your own choice of a vehicle, and train doing 5 star cop chases through out San Andreas. This can help your driving, and not to be afraid of the LS cops (Just use your imagination to)

2. As I said, use your imagination ! its a big thing in games like GTA, and not just GTA, but most open world games... Walk around the city, come up with your own stuff, and yeah. Basic sh*t like that.

3. One of my favourites. Do rampages! Its very fun. Find a good place like the impound interior Police station, and start a good 5 star rampage. I recommend to do this as Michael, because of his Bullet Time. 

4. Take a heli, or a Plane, and sky dive. Use your imagination, and try to dress the right way to Sky dive, Sky Dive wherever you want. Your choice.

5. Do any activities, if you want of course.

6. Hang out with your friends, sometimes they can have funny conversations.

7. This is kind of a fun thing to do, you can do this as whoever you want, first I will use Michael as the explanation.. You play as Michael. And then you call, either Trevor Or franklin, and ask him to hang out with you. After you did that, you can actually hang out with the other protagonist too. So if you for an example, call Franklin to hang out, and then right after you called F, call Trevor, and then you can hang out with 2 of the guys. All the 3 protagonists will talk in the car about what they did and sh*t. (You can do this as anyone of the Protagonists in your own order, I used Michael as just an explanation.) Now whats fun about this, is that you can do car rampages and any of the 2 protagonists will help you in the fight. 

8. Try to fight out soldiers in the Fort Zancudo Army base. Same for the Prison in southern part of Sandy Shores. They are nice!

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:21 PM Edited by Official General, 04 March 2014 - 11:24 PM.

Whats up and welcome to GTAFourm. So here are some things to do in Grand Theft Auto V.

1. You can mod your own choice of a vehicle, and train doing 5 star cop chases through out San Andreas. This can help your driving, and not to be afraid of the LS cops (Just use your imagination to)

2. As I said, use your imagination ! its a big thing in games like GTA, and not just GTA, but most open world games... Walk around the city, come up with your own stuff, and yeah. Basic sh*t like that.

3. One of my favourites. Do rampages! Its very fun. Find a good place like the impound interior Police station, and start a good 5 star rampage. I recommend to do this as Michael, because of his Bullet Time. 

4. Take a heli, or a Plane, and sky dive. Use your imagination, and try to dress the right way to Sky dive, Sky Dive wherever you want. Your choice.

5. Do any activities, if you want of course.

6. Hang out with your friends, sometimes they can have funny conversations.

7. This is kind of a fun thing to do, you can do this as whoever you want, first I will use Michael as the explanation.. You play as Michael. And then you call, either Trevor Or franklin, and ask him to hang out with you. After you did that, you can actually hang out with the other protagonist too. So if you for an example, call Franklin to hang out, and then right after you called F, call Trevor, and then you can hang out with 2 of the guys. All the 3 protagonists will talk in the car about what they did and sh*t. (You can do this as anyone of the Protagonists in your own order, I used Michael as just an explanation.) Now whats fun about this, is that you can do car rampages and any of the 2 protagonists will help you in the fight. 

8. Try to fight out soldiers in the Fort Zancudo Army base. Same for the Prison in southern part of Sandy Shores. They are nice!

1. It could be a 100 stars, but I can't see the big deal in getting excited about being in cop car chase in GTA at this stage. Getting chased by cops is a feature that's been in the series since it's inception, I don't see what makes GTA V's take on it so special. 

2. Use your imagination and walk around exploring ? Let's see...that's a bit tricky when you have restrictions and limitations in a free-roaming environment like we have in GTA V. Not enough interior to enter, we cannot even enter places like fast food outlets, restaurants, bars and nightclubs. Hardly anything fun and interesting to do or see out in the country, just a big great waste of space (not including scripted random events). The wildlife was weak as well, the animals were not even worth having a look at (unlike in RDR) and the natural habitiat was not worth exploring - it was not done right. Very little forest, desert felt too inhabited, and too much mountainous areas that were not very accessible. 

3. Again whats so special about a rampage ? GTA III-era games still do a decent job of the player doing a rampage. Once again, it's a staple GTA feature thats been there from the start. 

4. Skydiving. Yeah I give you that one. That was really good fun in GTA V. The realistic looking natural terrain made it even all the more better an experience. 

5. Do activities ? Yoga = bullsh*t. Triathlon = nothing special. Tennis = ok, but only with Michael apparently. Go movies = boring. 

6. Hang out with friends felt half-done on this game, you can't even enter any nightclubs or restaurants. It was done much better in GTA IV. Don't know why, it just feels so lame and lazily done in V.

7. That sounds ok, probably the best thing to do you've listed. 

8. Similar to a general rampage, but against soldiers and guards. Nothing special, and not exactly raising my eyebrows with excitement. 

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:31 PM

I'd love to be able to do that. That's one thing I wish GTAV Single Player had more of. Robbing stuff. Robbing pedestrians, Robbing random banks. Robbing convenience stores like Online. Robbing normal stores too. Just more involved ways to make money once you beat the game. As in ways that are more fun, rather than just buying properties and waiting, or trying to deal with stocks.

One thing to try: Fly a helicopter high up, look for a blimp. Then jump out and try to land on the Blimp with a parachute. Then obviously take a selfie while you're up there.
You can rob convienent stores in single player, normal stores too.
  • FoxtrotCharlie likes this

ssbawesome
  • ssbawesome

Tromboning

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:38 PM

The storyline...

KingKock
  • KingKock

I'm a Dingus....

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:09 AM

You can use the Jetpack....

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:22 AM Edited by SonOfLiberty, 05 March 2014 - 03:23 AM.

I think destroying cars with the bulldozer is really fun, but it doesn't seen to spawn very much. I tried saving one in Trevor's Pillbox Hill garage, but it wouldn't let me.:(

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:30 AM

Looks like OG is still grinding that axe.

beastlystoner69
  • beastlystoner69

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:01 AM

I do not currently have live yet i did at one point in time but im havibg problems with my adaptor so i have not installed any dlc packs btw im not even sure what dlc packs ar. Are they suppose to be add ons to the game?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users