» «
Photo

Has anyone noticed a difference between the Desert Eagle in TBoGT and

6 replies to this topic
cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:03 AM Edited by cp1dell, 04 March 2014 - 04:06 AM.

Has anyone noticed a difference between the Desert Eagle in TBoGT and the one in IV?

So I was looking at the WeaponInfo.xml for TBoGT, and I noticed there is data for the Desert Eagle in there - even though there is already one in the base WeaponInfo.xml. Above the data for the weapon (stating the reason it's there) is:

<!-- OVERRIDE GTA DEAGLE WITH NEW MODEL -->

With OpenIV, I took a look at the weapons_e2.img for TBoGT, and there actually is a separate model for the Desert Eagle.

8YA04VK.png

I've looked at the model and textures for the Desert Eagle in TBoGT, and the one in IV, but I haven't noticed any differences. Maybe I'm just not noticing them. I'm not sure. Has anyone else been able to figure out what's different about the Desert Eagle in TBoGT?

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:55 PM

Yeah, I think I do. The noise of the bullet firing out of the gun is much louder in TBoGT. I think it even has a sharper noise than the weapon in GTA IV.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

I find it odd that the sound would be different yet have a different model. I'll have to listen to them later. I wonder if TBoGT one has some weapon animations or something.

SingingEwe954
  • SingingEwe954

Jack of All Trades

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:05 AM

The one in TBoGT is standard and the one in IV is a secondary you have to search for on the map

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:54 AM

What do you mean by standard and secondary?

Searching on the map? For what? Both Desert Eagles in IV and TBoGT can be found in hidden areas in LC, but both can also be bought from gun stores.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:20 AM

I've tried comparing the models though, and they look exactly the same. Maybe it's my copy, I don't know, but I just can't find a difference.

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:47 PM

I believe the firing animation is also slightly different, as are some of the other TBoGT weapons. The glock's reload animation in TBoGT is definitely a noticeable improvement over IV as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users