I hope R* removes duped cars in 1.11

289 replies to this topic
6Xero9
  • 6Xero9

PMC Wannabe

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:51 AM

I just brought the 3 new DLC cars into MP. Whoops, thanks to me, the heist were delayed guys, sorry. :p

But seriously though, so people bringing cars from SP to MP is really bothering you that much? What about the hackers and modders, though? What they do is actually gamebreaking. God mode, gifting players billions, fire bullets, etc. is far worse than duping and bringing SP cars to MP.

Lol, quit crying over something this little, dude.

And you think bringing 3 full modded cars in online isn't game breaking?  You get to keep all of your money and the legit players have to pay for it.  If you are too poor to afford the new cars, then perhaps buying a cash card isn't a bad idea.

I ain't gonna lie but the op has a good point.

Also all the new cars are pretty much lame as almost everybody has them already.
But I doubt R* would be able to tell what car is duped and not duped

Simple, they would release a patch right when the update comes that removes those cars from said garages.

The negatives of that being it could wipe an entire garage out. The ones effected by the glitch would be indistinguishable from the ones who were targeted, thus causing more problems for rockstar and having to dedicate resources to fix that bug.

How?  If these people have the cars before the DLC came out, then only the glitched cars would be removed from a patch with the dlc.

Please, if you know how to code to remove specified vehicles from garages, share that information with the creators of this game. Seriously though, Each color and modification on any given car alters the ID it has to insure it is saved properly, think of each combination for a single car, each combination has a unique code. the work that would be put into such a patch would push it off for a good bit of time to insure it doesn't wipe the wrong vehicles.

Tymerc
  • Tymerc

Dark Souls 2 Beta Tester

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:51 AM

I just brought the 3 new DLC cars into MP. Whoops, thanks to me, the heist were delayed guys, sorry. :p

But seriously though, so people bringing cars from SP to MP is really bothering you that much? What about the hackers and modders, though? What they do is actually gamebreaking. God mode, gifting players billions, fire bullets, etc. is far worse than duping and bringing SP cars to MP.

And you think bringing 3 full modded cars in online isn't game breaking?  You get to keep all of your money and the legit players have to pay for it.  If you are too poor to afford the new cars, then perhaps buying a cash card isn't a bad idea.

They won't admit to that, because they feel entitled. You and I have tried all day with this hopeless bunch. Some came along who knew better and agreed, but the majority unfortunately cannot see what's so easy to understand.

Edit: Case and point. 

I know dude.  These guys are acting like we are doing the wrong thing by playing the game how it was intended.  Well, all I know is that when these people will get bored of their cars, I will be making money to buy them.  Which makes the game last longer for me.

Agreed. 

• darkwar854 likes this

Mr.Aaron
  • Mr.Aaron

Excuse me while I whip this out

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:52 AM Edited by Mr.Aaron, 04 March 2014 - 04:53 AM.

I am seeing all these topics about duping cars from SP into MP and it pisses me off.  Am I supposed to spend my million buying a car when you noobs get it for free?  I hope R* removes your car and all of your glitched money.

Amen. It's because of these scumbags that heists still aren't here. So many entitled brats who're too lazy to earn things legitimately. You fiends will never stop glitching or exploiting because you're lazy and feel like ruining the game for others who play the game the way it was meant to be played, and because you force Rockstar to patch all of the glitches and exploits which thus delays heists and other plans indefinitely.

Wow......I feel dumber now having read that.

In what way are people that have more money than you ruining your experience? And how are they delaying the heists DLC? I highly doubt they have only one person on staff in charge of content and patches.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:52 AM

f*ck this stupid argument, but are those DLC cars actually out yet?

if so, i'm gonna hop on that sh*t right now

They're out, they just can't be purchased online. Gotta be glitched in.

Are they US only at the moment? or XBOX only because on my PS3 they're not even in single player?

Tali vas Normandy
  • Tali vas Normandy

Cheers Love! The Cavalry is here!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:53 AM

Also all the new cars are pretty much lame as almost everybody has them already.

Simple, they would release a patch right when the update comes that removes those cars from said garages.

The negatives of that being it could wipe an entire garage out. The ones effected by the glitch would be indistinguishable from the ones who were targeted, thus causing more problems for rockstar and having to dedicate resources to fix that bug.
Nah
The other guy is right.
If they easily took the rat loader and cop cars out of are garages so easily, then I'm pretty sure they could already swipe the cars out.

Thats if it don't require a patch.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:53 AM

How?  If these people have the cars before the DLC came out, then only the glitched cars would be removed from a patch with the dlc.

Please, if you know how to code to remove specified vehicles from garages, share that information with the creators of this game. Seriously though, Each color and modification on any given car alters the ID it has to insure it is saved properly, think of each combination for a single car, each combination has a unique code. the work that would be put into such a patch would push it off for a good bit of time to insure it doesn't wipe the wrong vehicles.

It could be the same way as removing the CE vehicles from garages.

• Tymerc likes this

Velnyx
  • Velnyx

☆ Lowballer ☆

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:55 AM

It's not that simple. You also have to think about the possibility of people who might have gotten their entire garage wiped, but did not have a single glitched car inside. This sort of stuff has happened before, with people having lost cars that were legitimately bought with earned GTA money but were caught in the fray of the sweep. A lot of people protested and some outright quit the game. I certainly did, when two of my cars were suddenly wiped. Rockstar has yet to respond to my ticket regarding that issue.

I digress, though. Looking back at Rockstar's track record of successful patches, I'd say that the proliferation of SP2MP-glitched cars will be patched, but the patch itself will not include a car wipe of all GTA Online players's garages. Its simply too difficult to determine which cars were either originally from the multiplayer world or from the single-player world. Rockstar should have taken note on how an online system that interacts immensely with single-player features can be exploited by hackers/glitchers, etc.

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:55 AM

Are they US only at the moment? or XBOX only because on my PS3 they're not even in single player?

Xbox only for tonight. Microsoft released it early before Rockstar did.

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:56 AM

What about the hearse? Plenty of people bought those in from SP

Handsome Z
  • Handsome Z

Car Enthusiast/Creepy Fetishist.

• Van Society
  • Egypt

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:56 AM

well that's lame as hell.

guess i have more time to make a couple million before they get brought online tonight/tomorrow then

Tymerc
  • Tymerc

Dark Souls 2 Beta Tester

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:57 AM Edited by Tymerc, 04 March 2014 - 05:02 AM.

I am seeing all these topics about duping cars from SP into MP and it pisses me off.  Am I supposed to spend my million buying a car when you noobs get it for free?  I hope R* removes your car and all of your glitched money.

Amen. It's because of these scumbags that heists still aren't here. So many entitled brats who're too lazy to earn things legitimately. You fiends will never stop glitching or exploiting because you're lazy and feel like ruining the game for others who play the game the way it was meant to be played, and because you force Rockstar to patch all of the glitches and exploits which thus delays heists and other plans indefinitely.

In what way are people that have more money than you ruining your experience? And how are they delaying the heists DLC? I highly doubt they have only one person on staff in charge of content and patches.

Oh, gee, I don't know? Maybe because people being able to obtain the highest tier car for every class means I can't compete in races. People buying tanks before 70 via exploiting, then going on to spawn kill me or others totally doesn't ruin the game or anything. Also, this isn't really about money. It's about people trying to justify abusing bugs/glitches/exploits because they're too lazy to earn things legitimately. As for your comment on how it's not delaying heists; if it weren't for thesebugs/glitches/exploits people love finding and abusing, then they'd have more manpower to focus on heists and other plans of theirs. Maybe try reading all posts before you comment, hmm?

• darkwar854 likes this

Alix626
  • Alix626

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:58 AM

i just duped the buisness update cars 

PROBLEM OP?

No, It's nice to know that I earned my cars instead of cheated to get them like you.

Then why are we having this thread?

Seriously, people like OP is the reason why I quit my first crew. Not everybody has the time to grind. If you choose to play the game legit, whatever, good for you. Feel free to bask in your own self-righteousness in a corner, preferably somewhere far away.

If you don't have the time to play, then what's the point of playing at all?  If you have to cheat to get somewhere, whats the whole point?  The point of the game was to earn money by doing jobs, but you people defeat the whole point.  If you want money, either farm missions, or buy cash cards.  That's what the Dev's gave you, that's what you can do.

I said I don't have time to *grind*, not to play. Of course there's a point to playing, I play to have fun. The whole point of cheating to get somewhere is that I do *get* somewhere. I disagree that the point of the game is "to earn money by doing jobs", the point of the game is to have fun. Your idea of having fun might be the sense of achievement after grinding countless Coveted or whatever, but my idea of having fun is to explore the little alleyways of Los Santos in my Sultan NOS whilst listening to Soulwax FM, or flying over Mount Chiliad admiring the sunset, or whatever I feel like doing.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:59 AM

It's not that simple. You also have to think about the possibility of people who might have gotten their entire garage wiped, but did not have a single glitched car inside. This sort of stuff has happened before, with people having lost cars that were legitimately bought with earned GTA money but were caught in the fray of the sweep. A lot of people protested and some outright quit the game. I certainly did, when two of my cars were suddenly wiped. Rockstar has yet to respond to my ticket regarding that issue.

I digress, though. Looking back at Rockstar's track record of successful patches, I'd say that the proliferation of SP2MP-glitched cars will be patched, but the patch itself will not include a car wipe of all GTA Online players's garages. Its simply too difficult to determine which cars were either originally from the multiplayer world or from the single-player world. Rockstar should have taken note on how an online system that interacts immensely with single-player features can be exploited by hackers/glitchers, etc.

But, if they release a patch with the new update, then the people who have gotten the cars early would have them removed and no legit players would have theirs removed because they didn't get them yet.

What about the hearse? Plenty of people bought those in from SP

This argument is about purchasable cars and how it's wrong for someone to have to buy a car while someone else gets it fully modded for free.

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:00 AM

well that's lame as hell.

guess i have more time to make a couple million before they get brought online tonight/tomorrow then

Yea pretty unfortunate for PSN, because it is, after all, Microsoft's fault it got released to the Xbox Marketplace in the first place.

6Xero9
  • 6Xero9

PMC Wannabe

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:00 AM

I know dude.  These guys are acting like we are doing the wrong thing by playing the game how it was intended.  Well, all I know is that when these people will get bored of their cars, I will be making money to buy them.  Which makes the game last longer for me.

The intention of the game was to have fun while playing it, as is the case with all games. If people are having fun with bringing the news cars into multiplayer to cruise in then so be it. What you really are saying is that those who are having fun and enjoying the game without having to grind for money/levels or just flat out pay for in-game money after purchasing the game, should be punished because it's "unfair" or it "breaks the game" or whatever reason you use. Yet, it doesn't necessarily impact you as I'm sure that a good portion of them just stick to invite/friend lobbies to avoid tank warriors, getting shot on sight, etc... If someone ruins you having fun and makes the game tedious, then they should be punished, but if they're not ruining your fun, what right do you have to complain about them? 

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:04 AM

i just duped the buisness update cars 

PROBLEM OP?

No, It's nice to know that I earned my cars instead of cheated to get them like you.

Then why are we having this thread?

Seriously, people like OP is the reason why I quit my first crew. Not everybody has the time to grind. If you choose to play the game legit, whatever, good for you. Feel free to bask in your own self-righteousness in a corner, preferably somewhere far away.

If you don't have the time to play, then what's the point of playing at all?  If you have to cheat to get somewhere, whats the whole point?  The point of the game was to earn money by doing jobs, but you people defeat the whole point.  If you want money, either farm missions, or buy cash cards.  That's what the Dev's gave you, that's what you can do.

I said I don't have time to *grind*, not to play. Of course there's a point to playing, I play to have fun. The whole point of cheating to get somewhere is that I do *get* somewhere. I disagree that the point of the game is "to earn money by doing jobs", the point of the game is to have fun. Your idea of having fun might be the sense of achievement after grinding countless Coveted or whatever, but my idea of having fun is to explore the little alleyways of Los Santos in my Sultan NOS whilst listening to Soulwax FM, or flying over Mount Chiliad admiring the sunset, or whatever I feel like doing.

But it's unfair if it ruins others experience.  Such as racing with NOS.  Legit players don't have NOS, so they would lose in a race with a NOS player.

The intention of the game was to have fun while playing it, as is the case with all games. If people are having fun with bringing the news cars into multiplayer to cruise in then so be it. What you really are saying is that those who are having fun and enjoying the game without having to grind for money/levels or just flat out pay for in-game money after purchasing the game, should be punished because it's "unfair" or it "breaks the game" or whatever reason you use. Yet, it doesn't necessarily impact you as I'm sure that a good portion of them just stick to invite/friend lobbies to avoid tank warriors, getting shot on sight, etc... If someone ruins you having fun and makes the game tedious, then they should be punished, but if they're not ruining your fun, what right do you have to complain about them? 

While the intention is to have fun, the point of the game is to make money.  Basically what I'm trying to say is that these people steal my money because I have to pay for something they get for free.

• Tymerc likes this

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:05 AM Edited by Woll Smoth, 04 March 2014 - 05:07 AM.

It isn't game breaking at all; hacking is. 

If this is really bothering you that much, then report it. R* will work on the little glitches while the hackers are roaming around REALLY ruining your gaming experience. :)

6Xero9
  • 6Xero9

PMC Wannabe

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:10 AM

While the intention is to have fun, the point of the game is to make money.  Basically what I'm trying to say is that these people steal my money because I have to pay for something they get for free.

How are they stealing your money because they acquired something for free? That doesn't affect the cost when you buy it. Can you go into more depth please about how you're getting money stolen?

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:11 AM

It isn't game breaking at all; hacking is. 

If this is really bothering you that much, then report it. R* will work on the little glitches while the hackers are roaming around REALLY ruining your gaming experience. :)

Don't bring hacking into this, that's for a later time.  I get punished because I play legit.

How are they stealing your money because they acquired something for free? That doesn't affect the cost when you buy it. Can you go into more depth please about how you're getting money stolen?

Because if they acquire it for free, and I pay for it, that means that I lose my money and they don't lose a thing.  Which is basically me paying for their car.

• Tymerc likes this

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:12 AM Edited by AfterDeath, 04 March 2014 - 05:13 AM.

"While the intention is to have fun, the point of the game is to make money.  Basically what I'm trying to say is that these people steal my money because I have to pay for something they get for free."

This thread just needs closed now after this statement. So when someone steals a phone from a store, you believe that they're stealing from you because you must pay for your phone?

By the way you're throwing around the word "free" all wrong. A car is free for both people who earn it and people who don't. It's the TIME TAKEN that is in question, not the cost. Either way, if you're so angry about having to PLAY the game to earn cars just because the next person may or may not be getting it without spending as much time, then maybe you should do something else with your time. It's not like money and vehicles are limited in GTA. I still fail to see how it affects you in any way.

• Tehguy123 likes this

Tehguy123
  • Tehguy123

Yeah Mr White... yeah science!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:14 AM

keep-calm-it-s-just-a-game-12.png

Oh bloody effin hell...

Remember back in the days of pong and Pac-man? Look at how far we've come, treating a game like it's an important part of our life and bashing other people's opinions on the same game.

Does duping directly affect your gameplay? I don't think so

Will rockstar do something about the NOS cars? Probably

Just play the damn game the way you wan't to play it.

• Velnyx likes this

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:16 AM

So much rage in this thread. This thread is in need of a cleansing...

Hit 'em with the rain stick, Cheryl.

Lol.

6Xero9
  • 6Xero9

PMC Wannabe

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:17 AM

Because if they acquire it for free, and I pay for it, that means that I lose my money and they don't lose a thing.  Which is basically me paying for their car.

That line of thinking makes no sense? You're not paying double due to someone getting the car free, it's the same price. Also, if someone buys it and so do you, would that mean you each paid for 50% of each others car? No, because everything is on an individual basis, they didn't make you buy two cars and have you give them one so you're not paying for their car, the money you have stays with you unless you get mugged/killed/lose it in bets/or buy stuff. But, if you still want to say you're paying for their car, then look at it this way, you're paying 50% on each car which totals the cost of just one, and you get to say you bought someone a car.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:19 AM

Oh bloody effin hell...

Remember back in the days of pong and Pac-man? Look at how far we've come, treating a game like it's an important part of our life and bashing other people's opinions on the same game.

So if I have a sports car, and I want to speed down the highway at 180 mph, I can because I bought it?  I don't think so.  You people act like cheating is justifiable.  So far all I have heard are the same things, "I don't have time to play the game the right way, so I have to cheat".  If you don't have time to play the game, why play it at all?

Mr.Aaron
  • Mr.Aaron

Excuse me while I whip this out

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:19 AM Edited by Mr.Aaron, 04 March 2014 - 05:21 AM.

Oh, gee, I don't know? Maybe because people being able to obtain the highest tier car for every class means I can't compete in races. People buying tanks before 70 via exploiting, then going on to spawn kill me or others totally doesn't ruin the game or anything. Also, this isn't really about money. It's about people trying to justify abusing bugs/glitches/exploits because they're too lazy to earn things legitimately. As for your comment on how it's not delaying heists; if it weren't for thesebugs/glitches/exploits people love finding and abusing, then they'd have more manpower to focus on heists and other plans of theirs. Maybe try reading all posts before you comment, hmm?
Maybe try not being so butthurt over things that you have no control over. But haters gonna hate right?

Again, these glitches have absolutely NO impact on when additional content gets released. It's really not that hard of a concept to grasp.

But you do have the option to throw a fit and threaten to sell the game if it bothers you.

Tymerc
  • Tymerc

Dark Souls 2 Beta Tester

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:21 AM Edited by Tymerc, 04 March 2014 - 05:24 AM.

That line of thinking makes no sense? You're not paying double due to someone getting the car free, it's the same price. Also, if someone buys it and so do you, would that mean you each paid for 50% of each others car? No, because everything is on an individual basis, they didn't make you buy two cars and have you give them one so you're not paying for their car, the money you have stays with you unless you get mugged/killed/lose it in bets/or buy stuff. But, if you still want to say you're paying for their car, then look at it this way, you're paying 50% on each car which totals the cost of just one, and you get to say you bought someone a car.

You're totally feigning ignorance on purpose just to be a troll. The point he is making that if someone glitches to get, let's say an adder for example, for free, while he has to pay 1 million dollars to obtain it, it's exactly like him paying for their car because they had to pay nothing for what someone worked their butt off for.

• darkwar854 likes this

Pizentu
  • Pizentu

PLATINUM

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:21 AM

Oh bloody effin hell...

So if I have a sports car, and I want to speed down the highway at 180 mph, I can because I bought it?  I don't think so.  You people act like cheating is justifiable.  So far all I have heard are the same things, "I don't have time to play the game the right way, so I have to cheat".  If you don't have time to play the game, why play it at all?

This is a video game. 

Tymerc
  • Tymerc

Dark Souls 2 Beta Tester

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:23 AM

Maybe try not being so butthurt over things that you have no control over. But haters gonna hate right?

Again, these glitches have absolutely NO impact on when additional content gets released. It's really not that hard of a concept to grasp.

In what post do I claim to be "butthurt"? Such an unsightly vocabulary you have. Excuse me for playing the game the way it was intended to be played. I have every right to dislike exploiters and glitchers, because they ruin the game. 

• darkwar854 likes this

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:23 AM

We do play the game though, it's just that we do it by driving around in the cars we already have. You play it by earning.

We have fun our way, you have fun your way. One day when Rockstar tightens things up the only way to play the game will be your way... so don't get so upset about it. Go outside... have a beer... something

PancakePoon
  • PancakePoon

Pancake Lover

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:24 AM

I didn't realise that bringing a car in from single player to multiplayer bothered so many people. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users