Why is the Karin Futo so popular?

39 replies to this topic
LestersSiesta
  • LestersSiesta

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:23 AM

I see them everywhere, I've got in a few a couple of times, they suck...what am I missing?

statistic
  • statistic

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:24 AM

driving skill, apparently.  They are fun cars.

• /Tuomaz, himynameisdamien, VersaceVersace and 1 other like this

xIlIxGHOSTxIlIx
  • xIlIxGHOSTxIlIx

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:25 AM

Its a tuner. People use it to drift

Something about Initial D?
  • NFSSHADOW and LestersSiesta like this

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:25 AM

They don't have good brakes. IDK why anyone would drive em. They are fast to get up and go but nothing else.

BrownMattHall
  • BrownMattHall

You don't have enough badges to train me

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:26 AM Edited by BrownMattHall, 04 March 2014 - 01:26 AM.

people think they can drift in them in a game with auto transmission, abs, and traction control turned up to 11

Joe89NUFC
  • Joe89NUFC

NUFC

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:26 AM

they make for good rpg target practice 

Blaherman
  • Blaherman

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:28 AM

People like ugly cars?
  • da_illest101 likes this

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:30 AM

Cause people like the AE86 in real life for some reason that I do not understand.

• BrownMattHall likes this

LestersSiesta
  • LestersSiesta

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:39 AM

Thanks questions answered.

dedlee
  • dedlee

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:41 AM

ae86

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:44 AM

Design looks ok, It's fast but the handling really sucks. Overall it's not a bad car, I replaced with another vehicle.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:50 AM

It's a fun, fast and good handling car with a sweet little boxy body. How could it not be popular?
  • NFSSHADOW, statistic and hentai_posse like this

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:51 AM

It's a cult car. Why do people like the GTV6? Why do people like the Mangusta? Because they weren't popular when they came out, and then people started realizing their real meaning. Sure, people may not like the soapbox styling, or the small engine size, but what you guys have to realize is that car was built in the early-mid eighties. Square looks and multi-colored panels were the thing back then. It wasn't meant to be a race car, which aggravates me in GTA V because the Corolla isn't a sports car, it's no where near it. The Corolla was created to be a commute car, from point A to point B. People then started realizing that it's small weight, and it's RWD LSD combo could be flicked to drift through corners, and it could grip like hell too. Keiichi Tsuchiya was essentially the godfather of the AE86/AE85 (which the Futo is, it's a Levin notchback compared to the Trueno hatchback like in Forza), which is was raced in N2 races in Japan in the 80's-90's. It then got popular with Initial D, in that it's an underdog car that can take down anybody because the driver knows what they're doing with it. Like I said, it's a cult car. Only true fans know it's real potential. You guys don't need to like it, but don't call it a sh*tbox because it's from the 80's. Honestly, the Trueno, with the right driver and the right tune, could EASILY take down an NSX, or even a Supra.

• NFSSHADOW, /Tuomaz and LestersSiesta like this

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:53 AM Edited by Jolly SWAGman, 04 March 2014 - 01:53 AM.

Ive personally always wanted a a mid 80's corolla but I know that ever being able to save up the few hundred dollars will be an impossible dream. At least this gives me a chance to drive my dream car.

• NFSSHADOW, KnobCheez and BrownMattHall like this

hentai_posse
  • hentai_posse

Soldier

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:53 AM

the futo is my favorite car in gta 5, close second to the sultan in gta 4. the people who tend to question the futo generally drive chrome adders and think that any car that isnt ridiculously easy to drive and overpowered is crap

• NFSSHADOW, urban_RED_NECK, who-dat and 1 other like this

BrownMattHall
  • BrownMattHall

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:54 AM

Honestly, the Trueno, with the right driver and the right tune, could EASILY take down an NSX, or even a Supra.

ehhhh i wouldnt go that far lol...

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Mostly like this:

Blah blah blah Initial D, blah blah blah drift car blah blah blah ONLY drift car blah blah cool looking car.
  • nexoric and BrownMattHall like this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Mostly like this:

Blah blah blah Initial D, blah blah blah drift car blah blah blah ONLY drift car blah blah cool looking car.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:01 AM

Mostly like this:

Dafuq you smoking? Vocabulary much?

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:04 AM Edited by Blingy, 04 March 2014 - 02:04 AM.

Honestly, the Trueno, with the right driver and the right tune, could EASILY take down an NSX, or even a Supra.

por que senior?

• hentai_posse likes this

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

YARDIE

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:10 AM

Its fun trying to keep control of it around corners and it does the best donuts.  I don't race in it as it is too slippery but its my favorite car to drive.

hentai_posse
  • hentai_posse

Soldier

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:10 AM

i have joined multiple races which are for drifting and to be played with the futo or sultan etc, but everyone seems to pick the crapbonizzare or something and just be out to f*cking win instead of having fun, still managed to beat them in my beloved futo  :evilgrin:

BrownMattHall
  • BrownMattHall

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:12 AM

por que senior?

show me one vs an nsx and ill concede

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:21 AM Edited by Blingy, 04 March 2014 - 02:21 AM.

por que senior?

show me one vs an nsx and ill concede

That's the closest I could find, there's no videos of the Corolla and the NSX racing, there isn't even any pictures. I'd say the R34 and the NSX are pretty similar as far as performance goes. With the NSX being mid-engined and the R34 having the HiCAS AWD system which is notorious for being very hard to slide, i'd say they're both neck and neck.

LestersSiesta
  • LestersSiesta

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:23 AM

the futo is my favorite car in gta 5, close second to the sultan in gta 4. the people who tend to question the futo generally drive chrome adders and think that any car that isnt ridiculously easy to drive and overpowered is crap

Nice generalisations there. 10/10 for assumptions.

hentai_posse
  • hentai_posse

Soldier

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:38 AM

Nice generalisations there. 10/10 for assumptions.

coming from experience  :p

HirsuteDave
  • HirsuteDave

Peon

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:57 AM

Its fun trying to keep control of it around corners and it does the best donuts.  I don't race in it as it is too slippery but its my favorite car to drive.

This.

It's just a hell of a lot of fun to drive around in. As soon as we get more garage space I'm getting one again (just after a Surano).

LestersSiesta
  • LestersSiesta

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:10 AM

I caved in got one and I want my 300k back badly lol, thing is a shytebomb with terrible handling, evidently we differ on our definitions of fun.

SJH1991
  • SJH1991

Scotland's finest

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:13 AM

It's a fun, fast and good handling car with a sweet little boxy body. How could it not be popular?

Because it's none of those things you've mentioned

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:15 AM

I never see them really. I always see chromos....everywhere....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users