Quantcast

» «
Photo

The annihilators are too inferior against players on foot.

29 replies to this topic
nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:35 AM Edited by nexoric, 04 March 2014 - 12:39 AM.

TLDR: If you don't usually fly helicopters in this game or the previous GTAs then this will not interest you.

THIS THREAD IN A NUTSHELL: We need a helicopter that can take a beating!

I liked that they BUFFED the annihilators up against other aircrafts (explodes them within a second) BUT it's the players on foot that drives me crazy. (Especiallly when they use autoaim.)

So let's get this straight...It's almost CLOSE to impossible to kill players on the ground while you are in a chopper...

And here is the reason:

When I am in an annihilator shooting at people who are on foot, their bullets will SCREW up my aim entirely! The bullets PUSH me up and backwards. Therefore, I cannot get him in my crosshair at all! How STUPID is that sh*te? lol I don't know if Rockstar programmed bullets to do that but it's cheap and something should be done to fix this cheap programming. It's an insult to players who actually know how to fly! 

ANOTHER THING is that the choppers go down TOO easilly. Like 7 shots will put me smoking and make me lose altitude and crash into builldings.

Anyone who disagrees with a fix are obviously the people who were scarred from GTA4 pilots that spawn killed them over and over. Traumatizing wasn't it? lol But it's no worse than the damn tanks in this game -.-///

• Killzone3265 and Arya35 like this

Flyby29
  • Flyby29

"Settle Down Captain Happy"

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:36 AM Edited by Flyby29, 04 March 2014 - 12:42 AM.

Helicopter physics suck and they get destroyed by 5 shots with a combat pistol
  • Killzone3265 likes this

gta4thewin
  • gta4thewin

Hopefully Helpful

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:40 AM

That crosshair ruins the experience a bit for me. I want like in IV, no crosshair while in a heli.

And yes it's pretty difficult to kill players when using the helicopter.

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:44 AM

I never did like the Annihilator like you said it's superiority against other aircraft with it guns but it's almost impossible to strafe without getting killed yourself.

If i'm going to kill someone on the ground i grab for my buzzard wish they would fix the annihilator i would like to use that for strafeing

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:48 AM

Wait minute, so I can kamikaze other helicopters? And live..!? Even if you troll me and say yes when its not true I'm gonna do it anyways.

Arya35
  • Arya35

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:49 AM

You might find it easier to kill someone if you go into first person, but you're right about the autoaim as you will get killed easily when you get close enough for the annihilator to be effective.

MAR10HD
  • MAR10HD

Legit Business

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:49 AM

A slight heli buff would be nice, one time I called for a pickup chopper and killed the pilot with about 3 rounds from the carbine rifle. (Bullets only touched the glass and exited out the other side)

and the chopper is now smoking, we all know once it starts its a few minutes before you're going down.

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:52 AM

I never did like the Annihilator like you said it's superiority against other aircraft with it guns but it's almost impossible to strafe without getting killed yourself.

If i'm going to kill someone on the ground i grab for my buzzard wish they would fix the annihilator i would like to use that for strafeing

In GTA4, people with assault rifles, used like 3-5 magazines against helis. But in GTA5, they shoot around 10 shots and the heli is destroyed. That is if they don't kill me out of the cockpit first -.-.

A slight heli buff would be nice, one time I called for a pickup chopper and killed the pilot with about 3 rounds from the carbine rifle. (Bullets only touched the glass and exited out the other side)

and the chopper is now smoking, we all know once it starts its a few minutes before you're going down.

Yeah that crap drives me nuts. Couple shots and it's just wanting to give up.

Choppers
  • Choppers

Will it be you who breaks, or me? Let's find out!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:53 AM

Hunter

/thread

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:57 AM Edited by AiraCobra, 04 March 2014 - 12:58 AM.

Wait minute, so I can kamikaze other helicopters? And live..!? Even if you troll me and say yes when its not true I'm gonna do it anyways.

I've been rammed a few times and lived but also died i guess it depends on how GTAO is feeling that day if you live or die.

So there's no definnite yes or no answer but you def can with the cargobob i do it all the time

NDE108
  • NDE108

Real Talk

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:12 AM

They need to add the same machine gun rounds the Lazer has.

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:16 AM

They need to add the same machine gun rounds the Lazer has.

I don't know about that. Might be a little too overpowered. I seriously don't have a problem with its guns already. It just needs to not spaz out when being hit.

Ape1337
  • Ape1337

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:18 AM Edited by Ape1337, 04 March 2014 - 01:20 AM.

The asswipes at R nerfed the mini gun range for both choppers. In IV you were able to stay out of ground fire range while still being able to take out the target. It's f*cking pathetic what they have done.

reiniat
  • reiniat

Entropy Fan

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:19 AM

SOLUTION: GET OUT OF THE AUTO-AIM SERVERS.

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:22 AM Edited by nexoric, 04 March 2014 - 01:22 AM.

SOLUTION: GET OUT OF THE AUTO-AIM SERVERS.

That still doesn't make a difference. It's easy to spray an LMG and it pushes me backwards and makes the nose face up a bit. I literally cannot aim down when being sprayed. Autoaim or not.

stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:23 AM

I dont even bother with the guns. The rockets are the way to go. Still difficult but workable. Buzzards definately need more protection. Maybe a bullitproof glass atleast. 

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:23 AM

The asswipes at R nerfed the mini gun range for both choppers. In IV you were able to stay out of ground fire range while still being able to take out the target. It's f*cking pathetic what they have done.

I agree. In 4, you can stay SO FAR BACK. I loved it. I don't think ROckstar realized that people were good with the choppers.

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:37 AM

I think the annihilator should fill a gunship role.
Changes:
Main Pilot gun rounds are explosive. Not as much as the GTA: Ballad of Gay Tony ones. More like the AA-12 explosive rounds in that same game.
Co-pilot controls a 360° machine gun turret added under the nose in a way similar to Buzzard Rockets.
Mounted miniguns or grenade launchers on the sides. Think every military shooter's helicopter run.
Another fix but for helicopters in general, side passengers can use ANY gun.

Goneinfiveseconds
  • Goneinfiveseconds

Prankster

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:38 AM Edited by Goneinfiveseconds, 04 March 2014 - 01:39 AM.

We need an annahillator with side gun instead of
gunpod

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:39 AM

Annihilator was too good in 4. For 5, they gave it the equivalent of knocking a baby in the head with a hammer. Much better.

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:39 AM

Yeah, helicopters in general are garbage in this game for attacking anything.

Mrstealyohooker
  • Mrstealyohooker

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:41 AM

^^ Yeah auto aim ruins it.

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:04 AM

Annihilator was too good in 4. For 5, they gave it the equivalent of knocking a baby in the head with a hammer. Much better.

Too good in 4? It took PRACTICE to make them good. But Rockstar screwed us "pilots" over in GTAV

TheStalked
  • TheStalked

ayy lmao

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:12 AM

Too good in 4? It took PRACTICE to make them good. But Rockstar screwed us "pilots" over in GTAV

They were really overpowered in 4. The Buzzard in Ballad of Gay Tony was way over the top. Pretty much the equivalent of a tank in 5.

It didn't really take much practice, most people would just kill you with the blades and even with auto-aim, it was difficult to kill people in them without an RPG or Sniper.

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:16 AM

They were really overpowered in 4. The Buzzard in Ballad of Gay Tony was way over the top. Pretty much the equivalent of a tank in 5.

It didn't really take much practice, most people would just kill you with the blades and even with auto-aim, it was difficult to kill people in them without an RPG or Sniper.

I am talking bout NORMAL GTA4. Not the DLC.

Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:28 AM

I feel like I was fully welcomed into GTAO today, I was in a buzzard and saw someone in their car got a bounty, so naturally I went after them and managed to kill them (getting better at that, aiming at where I think they'll be). Turns out they were really butthurt because a few minutes later I got a voicemail from them calling me a motherf*cker because I went after them when they were AFK. Not something you'd expect from a level 130, 2 higher than me. Well they didn't look very AFK when they were driving away from me as fast as their little car would go :)

Yes it can be difficult to get players with a helicopter, especially if you're using guns, but it's a lot of fun. They can be taken down easily when the player on foot is close up, but get a distance away and even when using a heavy sniper it can be difficult to time the shots correctly.

I've also found it's really entertaining when you've gone into passive mode and someone is trying to kill you, take away guns and you're left with trying to kill by crushing them with a vehicle, or spinning blades of a helicopter (that one's quite effective I've discovered if you can't find somewhere to hide properly)

Ape1337
  • Ape1337

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:33 AM Edited by Ape1337, 05 March 2014 - 02:41 AM.

They were really overpowered in 4. The Buzzard in Ballad of Gay Tony was way over the top. Pretty much the equivalent of a tank in 5.It didn't really take much practice, most people would just kill you with the blades and even with auto-aim, it was difficult to kill people in them without an RPG or Sniper.

I'll agree to an extent about the buzzard. Buzzard dogfights were amazing, and there was no hiding on the ground from the missiles. The original Annie from IV took alot of skill to down ground targets. No explosive rounds or missiles so you could easily take cover and attempt to shoot out the pilot or damage the chopper when he is at the proper elevation trying to line you up. Taking out ground targets in the city or behind cover took a lot of skill, and sometimes it was impossible. TBOGT buzzard would be the perfect counter weapon to the tank right now with free fire missiles. God damn rockstar pisses me off so much for ruining attack choppers in V.

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

Credits: 0

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:38 AM

Choppers could definitely use some form of buff. Auto-aim or not, a single player on foot shouldn't be able to give you that much trouble.

nexoric
  • nexoric

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:11 AM

Choppers could definitely use some form of buff. Auto-aim or not, a single player on foot shouldn't be able to give you that much trouble.

Yes. I think, AT LEAST, give it more health! OR make it to where their bullets don't push the chopper back as if they're using the force.

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:13 AM

http://gtaforums.com...s-nerf-snipers/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users