Quantcast

» «
Photo

What's in your opinion the best game of all time?

61 replies to this topic
LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

shenmue

topic end

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:07 PM Edited by AnDReJ98, 04 March 2014 - 02:09 PM.

Please, enough with your off-topic spam and bullsh*t war that happens all around, stay on-topic! And redx, shut the f*ck up with your theories/opinions or whatever it is!

On-Topic: I will make the full list of my opinions later, for now it's Legend of Zelda on the first place.

killerbee25
  • killerbee25

Kaz...I'm already a demon...

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:17 PM Edited by killerbee25, 04 March 2014 - 02:17 PM.

GTA:San Andreas,and allow me to quote a part of an IGN review that describes why:

"Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is among the best PlayStation 2 titles I have ever played. It's larger than most of the biggest RPGs, has more story than the heftiest adventure titles, and has almost as many mini-games as Nintendo's Mario Party. Additionally, it has a production value that's second to none, boasts faithfulness to '90s source material with an eerie accuracy, and provides more hours of entertainment than all the previous Grand Theft Autos combined. In short, it's a terrific unending masterpiece of a game -- and one that will never fall victim to an over-exaggeration of its lofty status. It's still one the defining pieces of software for Sony's successful sophomore system, and it's almost impossible to imagine a PlayStation 2 library without it."

A close second is Fallout 3.

• Daz and Failure like this

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:31 PM

^This is the example of the normal post unlike the bullsh*ts that Redx says.

OurJud
  • OurJud

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:34 PM Edited by OurJud, 04 March 2014 - 05:34 PM.

Honorable mentions include Far Cry 3...

Whenever I think about FC3 I get very frustrated. Ubi almost nailed it, but just a few tiny factors would always play on my mind and stop me from enjoying it fully... cough...HUD...cough

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

Planescape Torment. Or Fallout 2. Soon it will be Torment Tides of Numenera or Wasteland 2.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:24 AM Edited by GTA3Rockstar, 05 March 2014 - 12:27 AM.

We don't need your San Andreas fanboyism

This statement makes no sense.

To sidestep any arguement based on what GTA game is better, for me personally I can easily see how someone could think san andreas was a better game than GTAV or any GTA or any other game for that matter.

But fanboyism is choosing the cringefully awful choices like IV, V, RDR and MP3.

You might as well have said "I can't think for myself".

Of course it does, he's trying to shove his love for SA down the guys throat because he thinks no other game comes close to GTA 4/5. :^: That is also is your opinion on what you think of those four games, he likes the game, don't bash on it if it's not one of your favorites.

Why not WoW? Put in enough time playing that game, granted I stopped but still good ol' fun there!

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:08 AM Edited by SonOfLiberty, 05 March 2014 - 02:21 AM.

To sidestep any arguement based on what GTA game is better, for me personally I can easily see how someone could think san andreas was a better game than GTAV or any GTA or any other game for that matter.

But fanboyism is choosing the cringefully awful choices like IV, V, RDR and MP3.

What makes this post any better? You're basically saying anyone who chooses GTA IV, GTA V, RDR or MP3 is a fanboy who can't think for themselves. To me that makes no sense as whatever game (s) people choose is highly subjective.

For me personally San Andreas comes no where near close to being the best game ever made, but that's my opinion. I would gladly take any of those above over it.

• The Odyssey and iiGh0STt like this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:11 AM

My personal all time favorite game is Bully. With San Andreas being a close second. Skyrim is up there too

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:23 AM

Space Invaders.

-All other attempts of introducing video games into pinball arcades [pretty much] failed.

-It was the first game to record and keep high score.

-It was key in defining the video game arcade.

-The Atari2600...the console that pretty much defines the first generation of home video game consoles was a near failure until they got the rights to Space Invaders.

Consider the butterfly effect and without Space Invaders we may not have what we have as far as video game entertainment.

• gtamann123 likes this

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:19 AM Edited by Forty, 05 March 2014 - 04:19 AM.

My personal all time favorite game is Bully. With San Andreas being a close second. Skyrim is up there too

I liked Bully, but it had no replay value for me. Once you finished the story and the yearbook challenge, the only motivation was to buy all the clothes from the shops. Big whoop. Getting the black ninja outfit and the go kart was basically endgame. Still, it was a fun game at the time.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:08 AM Edited by Daz, 05 March 2014 - 08:25 AM.

Of course it does, he's trying to shove his love for SA down the guys throat because he thinks no other game comes close to GTA 4/5. :^: That is also is your opinion on what you think of those four games, he likes the game, don't bash on it if it's not one of your favorites.

See Below.

What makes this post any better? You're basically saying anyone who chooses GTA IV, GTA V, RDR or MP3 is a fanboy who can't think for themselves. To me that makes no sense as whatever game (s) people choose is highly subjective.

For me personally San Andreas comes no where near close to being the best game ever made, but that's my opinion. I would gladly take any of those above over it.

You can't be a fanboy for one game. That makes no sense. A fanboy is someone who blindly follows a brand or something similar and not letting their better judgement tell them otherwise because of them blindly following it even if it means off a cliff.

I think what you mean is "fan", he is a "fan" of san andreas.

My whole point was I can take someones opinion more seriously for choosing san andreas as their favorite game, than I can with any Rockstar game made on the current generation. Because to me that easily stands out much more as fanboyism. Just listing any AAA Rockstar game made since 2008 onwards.

Because I really cannot respect someone's descision for liking a game a lot, let alone saying it is their favorite game of all time, if they happen to list IV, V, RDR or MP3.

To me that just shouts casual gamer that has not experienced much at all in gaming.

I am not part of the arguement but I was pointing flaws in his. I don't like people throwing the fanboy word around left right and center, it is just irony how they are exactly who they are describing.

All this topic is, is opinions. I never suggested before hand any of them were wrong or not a good choice. He did. Therefore from my view it is totally a stupid statement.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:12 AM Edited by The Odyssey, 05 March 2014 - 08:13 AM.

It's funny because this is a perfect example of fanboyism. 

"If you like these certain games better than my favorite GTA game then you're wrong and you can't think for yourself!" 

You and redx should get a room. 

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:15 AM Edited by Daz, 05 March 2014 - 08:24 AM.

It's funny because this is a perfect example of fanboyism. 

"If you like these certain games better than my favorite GTA game then you're wrong and you can't think for yourself!" 

You and redx should get a room. 

I never said San Andreas was my favorite GTA game, and also nowhere near the best game of all time. I can just respect that choice more than any newer Rockstar installment due to their poor quality of work in terms of gameplay.

How can someone be an anti-fanboy of something. That barely makes any sense.

True fanboyism seems more evident in going into a gaming chat forum and only talking about GTA and Rockstar titles. It makes it seem as if they haven't experienced anything else in their life and don't really have a true sense of what a decent game truely is. Also someone who calls themself "GTA3Rockstar" or has a medal for being "Worst Fanboy" doesn't really help the arguement, expecially calling me one. Which is stupid beyond itself.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:20 AM Edited by SonOfLiberty, 05 March 2014 - 11:56 AM.

You can't be a fanboy for one game. That makes no sense. A fanboy is someone who blindly follows a brand or something similar and not letting their better judgement tell them otherwise because of them blindly following it even if it means off a cliff.

I think what you mean is "fan", he is a "fan" of san andreas.

My whole point was I can take someones opinion more seriously for choosing san andreas as their favorite game, than I can with any Rockstar game made on the current generation. Because to me that easily stands out much more as fanboyism. Just listing any AAA Rockstar game made since 2008 onwards.

Because I really cannot respect someone's descision for liking a game a lot, let alone saying it is their favorite game of all time, if they happen to list IV, V, RDR or MP3.

To me that just shouts casual gamer that has not experienced much at all in gaming.

That is perhaps the most condescending, self absorbed post I've read in a long time. Congratulations.
  • Daz and TheMasterfocker like this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:00 PM Edited by AceKingston, 05 March 2014 - 02:01 PM.

Daz I respect you and all but you just went overboard this time:

Because I really cannot respect someone's descision for liking a game a lot, let alone saying it is their favorite game of all time for IV, RDR, V or MP3.

Yeah because that's their opinion.

Right because anyone who automatically likes IV, RDR, MP3 or V is considered a 'casual gamer'. I can easily say that anyone who calls Fallout 3 as the best game of all time must have taken a bullet to the head. It's just how stupid this statement is.

it is just irony how they are exactly who they are describing

Ironically you praise Fallout 3 in more than half the threads. So the irony, two ironical statements you are making here is:

1) You said here:

All this topic is, is opinions.

Yet you go out of your way and accuse the millions of GTA and Rockstar fans out there for being 'casual gamers.

2) Like I already said you already praise Fallout 3 in half the threads, so by your logic you are yourself a Fallout 3 fanboy for thinking it to be one of the greatest games of all time.

"GTA3Rockstar" or has a medal for being "Worst Fanboy" doesn't really help the arguement, expecially calling me one. Which is stupid beyond itself.

Guess what? I don't have a GTA-themed username, nor do I have a medal for being a fanboy, yet in my opinion GTA IV is in my top five games of all time.

In other words: You simply seem to be trying to act smart by accusing everyone here of being casual gamers simply because you think you've played more games than anyone else here. Which is itself extremely ironic and incredibly stupid.

I'd also like to know why you think Rockstar are poor in the gameplay department for their games.

• Daz and Th3MaN1 like this

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:02 PM Edited by AnDReJ98, 05 March 2014 - 02:03 PM.

I can't claim any R* game as a best game of all time IMO, because if we compare example GTA V to any game from 90s, we can't compare them directly. Then we should compare which game is better for it's time. Example, San Andreas is better game in 2004 than GTA V in 2013. That's my point, and  IMO i can't choose between some of Legend of Zelda series such as Ocarina of Time or A Link to the Past etc... But that's just my opinion. I had way more fun back then with games such LOZ, Mario, etc.. Than any game now or 4-5 years before. But i also guess, all today's games such as GTA V will be on same level 'legends' 10 years later, like games from early 2000s & 90s are now. Claimed as legends.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Annoying Forum Member

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:02 PM Edited by Kalvin, 05 March 2014 - 02:12 PM.

Shadow of the Colossus
<3

Reason:
Shadow of the Colossus is a magnificent game; it's based around 16 Colossi, every one being either bigger or smaller than one-another.
Your goal is to hunt, kill, and steal the soul of all 16 Colossi just to save ONE girl, to kill the colossi you have to start from the bottom and work your way to the top (you have to climb from the foot to head, sometimes stomach).
Every Colossi being different from the other; varying from Dwarven like Colossi, Animal like Colossi, the list goes on.
The game was made originally for the PS2, but got a remake for the PS3 and boy did it just make it better.

Let me show you a picture showing all 16 colossi (within spoiler tag incase anyone will play this and doesn't want to know how they look):

Spoiler

The horse at the bottom left and the little dot on top of it is you; and obviously the colossi next to it going in a line is comparing the size from the creatures to the player.

Also the soundtrack is great too.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:47 PM

Daz I respect you and all but you just went overboard this time:

Because I really cannot respect someone's descision for liking a game a lot, let alone saying it is their favorite game of all time for IV, RDR, V or MP3.

Yeah because that's their opinion.

Right because anyone who automatically likes IV, RDR, MP3 or V is considered a 'casual gamer'. I can easily say that anyone who calls Fallout 3 as the best game of all time must have taken a bullet to the head. It's just how stupid this statement is.

it is just irony how they are exactly who they are describing

Ironically you praise Fallout 3 in more than half the threads. So the irony, two ironical statements you are making here is:

1) You said here:

All this topic is, is opinions.

Yet you go out of your way and accuse the millions of GTA and Rockstar fans out there for being 'casual gamers.

2) Like I already said you already praise Fallout 3 in half the threads, so by your logic you are yourself a Fallout 3 fanboy for thinking it to be one of the greatest games of all time.

"GTA3Rockstar" or has a medal for being "Worst Fanboy" doesn't really help the arguement, expecially calling me one. Which is stupid beyond itself.

Guess what? I don't have a GTA-themed username, nor do I have a medal for being a fanboy, yet in my opinion GTA IV is in my top five games of all time.

In other words: You simply seem to be trying to act smart by accusing everyone here of being casual gamers simply because you think you've played more games than anyone else here. Which is itself extremely ironic and incredibly stupid.

I'd also like to know why you think Rockstar are poor in the gameplay department for their games.

Thanks for your reply.

I did say in my post those are my own personal opinions on the matter. It is fine if you like the games that I dislike, however I generally can't take someone seriously as a gamer if they consider them the best games ever made. That was the only point I was making. But only in response to someone else telling someone else off for their opinion as well. I didn't start the arguement, I just chimed in.

The reason I find it fanboyish to list the games I mentioned is because, it is just so cliché and typical for someone on a forum based on gta games, to just spread everywhere else metaphorically wanking over anything Rockstar does without any level of criticism. I don't care what anyone thinks is the best game, however if it was one of those mentioned it kind of defeates the purpose of gaming chat entirely. It would be nice to have a place to talk about non rockstar based games, I don't think all people playing those games are casual gamers. As I played them at one point, I just lose a little respect for those that can't see the major flaws in games that in my opinion are terrible games for true gamers.

You are young so I don't blame you for choosing IV as your favorite, if you do. As previously mentioned it is all subjective to each person. However from a hardcore gaming aspect and taking everything critically, I had to point it out.

• Th3MaN1 likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:01 PM

The main point here is that Redx is a SA fanboy not for liking the game but for disliking another game simply because it isn't like SA. Nothing wrong with criticizing V but the point is that he does it in a way which makes himself sound heavily biased towards SA and of course his use of 'GOTY' awards which is why people find him annoying.

IMO The Walking Dead is heavily overrated but I still wouldn't call them a fanboy for liking the game a lot. I don't understand what do you mean 'critical gamer' Reviewers are critical gamers too (by your logic) yet they saw fit to rate RDR, V, IV and MP3 highly, nearly all of them atleast.

• Daz likes this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:14 PM

The main point here is that Redx is a SA fanboy not for liking the game but for disliking another game simply because it isn't like SA. Nothing wrong with criticizing V but the point is that he does it in a way which makes himself sound heavily biased towards SA and of course his use of 'GOTY' awards which is why people find him annoying.

I don't even know who that is, neither did I care about what he posted. I only wanted to point out, that you can't really be a fanboy just for liking one singular thing. If he was complaining the other GTA games weren't like san an, I would have to agree because in my opinion it offered a whole lot more than the latest two have done. It always seems like IV and V had thrown a mask over the world to give the illusion of there being a lot of content in it, but the longer you play it the more you realize that is not the case. I mean aside from the shops, there is barely any interiors that you can go in, where as it seemed like there were loads in san and even a decent few in IV, even though that was dramatically decreased.

I can agree with that, however, just tell him to stop being a twit, instead of calling people fanboys. I think that will help next time. I didn't come here to explain who is right or wrong, or what games people should or shouldn't like. Just to not use that term, and that if he is trying to get a point across I can understand the reasoning behind explaining yourself and your own opinions on why one game is better than another.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:53 PM

I don't even know who that is, neither did I care about what he posted. I only wanted to point out, that you can't really be a fanboy just for liking one singular thing. If he was complaining the other GTA games weren't like san an, I would have to agree because in my opinion it offered a whole lot more than the latest two have done. It always seems like IV and V had thrown a mask over the world to give the illusion of there being a lot of content in it, but the longer you play it the more you realize that is not the case. I mean aside from the shops, there is barely any interiors that you can go in, where as it seemed like there were loads in san and even a decent few in IV, even though that was dramatically decreased.

I can agree with that, however, just tell him to stop being a twit, instead of calling people fanboys. I think that will help next time. I didn't come here to explain who is right or wrong, or what games people should or shouldn't like. Just to not use that term, and that if he is trying to get a point across I can understand the reasoning behind explaining yourself and your own opinions on why one game is better than another.

Since you don't know much about him, let me 'explain' him to you. He states, as a fact, that The Last of Us, is simply a better game than GTA V. I honestly, have no problem whatsoever with that. But the way he's trying to prove that GTA is inferior to TLoU is quite laughable. I personally don't find a GOTY award more than just the opinion of a critic; and while a critic's opinion about a game could be taken more true than a casual gamer's, in the end, it's all about the personal taste. Take a look at 2012; where The Walking Dead reaped almost all GOTY awards. I, again, have no problem with that, it's personal taste. But I honestly think it didn't deserve all the awards.

The Walking Dead game is (supposedly, never played it, never watched it) a masterpiece in story-telling, but there's no gameplay. Well then what is the word Game Of The Year even doing there? That basically means that The Walking Dead has better gameplay than for example; Far Cry 3. That's a f*cking joke. At least The Last of Us had decent gameplay, and while I like V's gameplay more, the stealth sections in TLoU were f*cking amazing.

tl;dr : Game of the year award should be given to games with good gameplay in it, as awards referring to the story of a game are there for a reason. I am actually interested in your opinion about redx165, Daz. Your debates are something I've looked up to, and I'd honestly like to hear your opinion about his ways.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:01 PM

Agree with Th3MaN1. I know i'm very critical about GTA V, but as far as i know, and in my opinion GTA V deserve GOTY award more than TLoU, thought both games are great and fun. About TWD, it's far worse, that game is overrated as f*ck. Like you said for example in your post. 

• Th3MaN1 likes this

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:43 PM

The Last Of Us had an amazingly compelling story and beautiful art direction. GTA was great, yeah, but I think TLoU is very deserving.

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

shriek

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:30 AM Edited by Mr Oraange, 06 March 2014 - 02:31 AM.

The best game of all time has yet to be released, in my opinion. No matter how good a storyline or graphics are, I have yet to come across a game that has countless hours of gameplay available after the storyline along with an appealing concept.
The closest contenders from a variety of genres include SimCity 4, Hotline Miami, and A-Train. 
Since I am to lazy to exhibit my own opinion on the above games, I will provide some "professional" thoughts. 

"Breaking away from the single-city model, SimCity 4 focuses on planning at the regional level. Each of the regions in the game -- which include Berlin, the San Francisco Bay area, New York, London and a few others -- are comprised of a few dozen squares where you can build the metropolis of your dreams. If you build in a square adjacent to an existing city, you can strike up trade deals with your neighbor where you can import and/or export power, trash and water. While you could generate similar deals in SimCity 3000, now you can actually go to the neighboring city and control them hands-on, so you may build an agrarian-based smaller city with a large landfill so you can ship all of that dirty trash out of your city to the country and let the farmers deal with it. This regional planning really adds a lot more depth to the series than in previous games, and lets you switch from town to town customizing each so you don't get as bored only working on a single city for 40 hours at a stretch." - IGN

"Yet whatever regret you may have over brutally and relentlessly murdering is immediately neutered as Hotline Miami flashes a giant score bonus over each fresh corpse. Kill multiple people quickly and you’ll build combos. With enough speed and efficiency and recklessness you’ll amass higher scores and unlock more masks and weapons and receive better ratings at each mission’s end. The gameplay is kind of stealth but mostly quick action. You wait around hallway corners for an enemy to walk away then sprint around the corner with a crowbar, break his head, toss the crowbar at the shotgun-carrying enemy in the room’s corner to score a stun, throat rip the guy who just wandered in then pounce on the still-stunned foe to punctuate the spree with a burst of gore, and in those moments of blood-soaked success feel a rush of satisfaction because it could have gone so horribly wrong." - IGN

www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3pRUb7_VQM - Lazy Game Reviews (A-Train)

pokemon123
  • pokemon123

stuff

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:46 AM

Battlefront 2 is the best game of all time. The multiplayer in that game sh*ts in the mouth of any other multiplayer game ever.

If I had to pick another, I'd pick GTA V everything overall was great. Music, graphics, map size, including the massive underwater. The score is fantastic, straight out an 80s action film or something. The actors were great. And it had Trevor motherf*cking Phillips. Steven Ogg deserved Voice Actor of the Year, he would f*cking curb stomp Troy Baker.

true, this game is even fun with bots!

Attorney General
  • Attorney General

psychonaut

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:07 AM

The Legend of Zelda - Nintendo

Legend of Zelda - The Ocarina of Time

Goldeneye - N64

Mario 64 - N64

Shenmue - Dreamcast

Hitman Blood Money - PS2

GTA San Andreas - PS2

Red Dead Redemption - 360

GTA V - 360

Fallout 3 - 360

Skyrim - 360

-----------------------------------

And because I'm a huge fan of sports games (fighting games in particular), but have a hard time including them in this discusion...

Mike Tyson's Punch Out - Nintendo

Techmo Super Bowl - Nintendo

Street Fighter 2 - Genesis

Mortal Kombat 2 - Genesis

Madden 94 - Genesis

NBA Jam - Genesis

Ready 2 Rumble - Dreamcast

Fifa 07 - PS2

Knockout Kings 01 - PS2

Fight Night Champion - 360

Super Street Fighter 4 - 360

Madden 25 - 360

• Daz and AnDReJ98 like this

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:14 AM

This must be the most commonly occuring topic on gaming forums...

But that aside, the best game ever is the original Baldur's Gate on PC.

• Osho likes this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:10 PM Edited by Fireman, 06 March 2014 - 12:10 PM.

Soon it will be Torment Tides of Numenera or Wasteland 2.

Someone is a bit optimistic :p

My brother also Kickstarted Torment, he loves Plancescape, he even has a signed case by Chris Avellone.

He also did an interview with him here.

I'm kinda looking forward to it as well, but to be honest I couldn't even finish Planescape: Torment myself, not really sure why.

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Mélomanie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:07 PM Edited by Fallcreek, 06 March 2014 - 02:21 PM.

Indigo Prophecy

I know this game gets a lot of hate for David Cage, and how the story just branches off into this Sci-Fi bullsh*t, but I just have fond memories of it. The atmosphere is what really got to me with that game haha.

Telltale's The Walking Dead/The Last of Us

These games are awesome in my opinion, sure they're 'over-rated' by some users, but it's rightfully so. Few games have made me feel connected with the characters, where I actually cared and didn't want them to die. I'm not going to lie, but the epilogue to season 1 of The Walking Dead made me cry like a bitch.

Obscure 1 & 2

I loved these games, with their cheesy voice overs, and cliche 'Teen' movie script. It's still a good game! It actually reminds me of Resident Evil. I whole heartedly loved the atmopshere of both games, and they both had a f*cking awesome OST for them both by Oliviere Deriviere.

Saints Row 1 & 2

It's where I got my start in online gaming, and where i've met some of my best e-friends if you will. They were good games back then until the whole 'parody/satire' bullsh*t took the spotlight of it's later sequels. Everything was great about those games, fun gameplay, great music, and somewhat of a good storyline.

Max Payne 3

I could really relate too Max Payne, I loved his way of explaining sh*t with his metaphors, and analogies. His cynisim, his alcolism, I love that he's not willing to give up. Multiplayer kept me enticed for a while too, I met quite a few people there also. Sucks that it's all duel wielding, big dog, bombsuit wearing dicks now.

Red Dead Redemption

This game WAS. THE. sh*t! I played it in a rough time of my life, but this game still showed that it's damn good. The story was probably Rockstar's best, and it's online modes were great. Sparked a new community, and it kept a somewhat long lifespan until modders came and pounded it's face into the dirt.

Silent Hill 1-4

This game is sorely misunderstood amongst it's crowd. Butchered by it's film adaptations, and sequels (Homecoming and forth) that weren't made by Team Silent. It's a f*cking awesome game, keeping you on edge for the whole playthrough, really making you think. It visits some really dark places. I'd advise you guys to watch this Silent Hill documentary. http://www.youtube.c...7676CF7D0B816B4

Metal Gear Solid

A lot of people say it's story is convoluted and confusing, and i'm not disagreeing! You'll have to play through these games multiple times to fully understand what's going on. Hideo Kojima did a great job with these games, and explores a lot of different philosophies. It sparked some introspective. It's just a classic, you can't deny that.

Honorable Mentions

The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Skate, Call of Duty 4, Rockband, Halo, Alan Wake, Resident Evil, Tony Hawk Underground and Heavy Rain

• tokyocean likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users