Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V - Anti Aliasing PS3?

Best Answer Azazel, 03 March 2014 - 09:00 PM

No fix, that's just how the game is. If your TV has a smoothing/sharpness option, I suppose that could possibly help but that's about it.

I play it on a monitor, clearer than a TV so the aliasing is even worse.

I tried to put my sharpness option on my TV from 5 to 0 and the situation is better, but the AA is still there. I see YouTube videos of GTA V gameplay and they're perfect. Why is my GTA like this? :(

That's merely due to the fact that the video is lower resolution, and compressed. It's like that for everyone, but one of the things you can look forward to being better in the PC version. :)

Go to the full post

6 replies to this topic
razorbak34
  • razorbak34

Player Hater

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:36 PM

Hello,

I've got a problem with GTA V and with AA in PS3. It is really terrible! Here there's a screenshot from my TV.

P.S. I have a PS3 Super Slim 12 GB with only installed GTA V and patch 1.10.

1IRN7O1.jpg

Is there any fix? I tried all methods, nothing worked.

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Saywha'?

• Members

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:09 PM

No fix, that's just how the game is. If your TV has a smoothing/sharpness option, I suppose that could possibly help but that's about it.

razorbak34
  • razorbak34

Player Hater

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:13 PM

I tried to put my sharpness option on my TV from 5 to 0 and the situation is better, but the AA is still there. I see YouTube videos of GTA V gameplay and they're perfect. Why is my GTA like this? :(

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:00 PM   Best Answer

That's merely due to the fact that the video is lower resolution, and compressed. It's like that for everyone, but one of the things you can look forward to being better in the PC version. :)

• TheAdmiester likes this

Bolcksta
  • Bolcksta

The Protagonist

• Members

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:05 PM

Not derailing or anything but.......

This is why we need a PC Version ASAP!

KeepCalm and CarryGun
  • KeepCalm and CarryGun

Falling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

• Members

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:39 PM

The effect you describe (and posted a pic of) is a result of playing a game that outputs at 720p on (I suspect) a large TV with a native resolution of 1080p.

Both PS3 and Xbox 360 have no true Anti Aliasing, as this is very hardware intensive (although some games attempt to get around this with tweaks) so bottom line - you will get jagged edges.

How much this detracts from the visuals depends on your AV setup, and eyesight.

I'd have thought we'd have some info on the PC version by now, February has been and gone...

Clay33
  • Clay33

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:33 PM

Yea same here since the day one. Don't know why but I'm still pissed off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users