Photo

Petition - Original Grand Theft Auto 1 & 2 Tracks on iTunes

14 replies to this topic
LegionVC
  • LegionVC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:18 PM

Here's something I hope fans of these old classics will be interested in.

I've created an online petition asking Rockstar Games to release all of the original radio tracks from Grand Theft Auto 1 and 2 on iTunes. Most of the GTA 1 and 2 radio station tracks were all composed by the Rockstar North (formerly DMA Design) audio department. They have never been released outside of the games, so maybe this can convince Rockstar to release the original versions. Rockstar have previously released the Head Radio and Lips 106 tracks from GTA 3 and GTA LCS, and also the Love Fist and Radio Espantoso tracks from GTA VC, so I'm sure that this is possible as well. The amount of signatures required is only 100, so if you're interested in getting these awesome tracks released, why not sign it? When the goal has been reached (or at least somewhere near it), I'll send the petition to Rockstar in the hopes of getting the tracks released.

The link: https://www.change.o...uto-2-on-itunes

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy Lanson

• Fett124, X/R// and Ivan1997GTA like this

StealthNinja72
  • StealthNinja72

Doge

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:11 PM

Here's something I hope fans of these old classics will be interested in.

I've created an online petition asking Rockstar Games to release all of the original radio tracks from Grand Theft Auto 1 and 2 on iTunes. Most of the GTA 1 and 2 radio station tracks were all composed by the Rockstar North (formerly DMA Design) audio department. They have never been released outside of the games, so maybe this can convince Rockstar to release the original versions. Rockstar have previously released the Head Radio and Lips 106 tracks from GTA 3 and GTA LCS, and also the Love Fist and Radio Espantoso tracks from GTA VC, so I'm sure that this is possible as well. The amount of signatures required is only 100, so if you're interested in getting these awesome tracks released, why not sign it? When the goal has been reached (or at least somewhere near it), I'll send the petition to Rockstar in the hopes of getting the tracks released.

The link: https://www.change.o...uto-2-on-itunes

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy Lanson

Interesting

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

*pulls the trigger*

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:56 PM

Sounds great. Damn it Rockstar, you should have released those tracks in full versions WHILES ago.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Legomanarthur
  • Legomanarthur

We all want peace! But my peace, not their f*cking peace

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:15 PM

Haha, good idea, I would love to have the "God Bless the Universe" song in HQ. :^:

• Jeansowaty and Ivan1997GTA like this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

*pulls the trigger*

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:40 PM

Haha, good idea, I would love to have the "God Bless the Universe" song in HQ. :^:

Not a bad choice, but I'd love tracks from Funami FM and Lithium Radio in full length and HQ. Those were the best ones, imo.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Sgt. Phill Bellic. The New Liberty State Trooper.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:00 AM

I'd like them all to be available to all. They are all great tracks.

• Jeansowaty and Ivan1997GTA like this

X/R//
  • X/R//

Sal started dating Toni's mom

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 June 2015 - 01:33 PM

Well, getting them re-made would make much sense, since if a game / movie is popular enough, they release the soundtrack album. so there you go.

Username.gta
  • Username.gta

[Formerly Gary-X]

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 18 June 2015 - 02:20 PM

I signed the petition.

Progress on this seems to be quite slow, but I guess the 2D games have a reduced fanbase so that makes sense.

I would totally buy this just to hear some of the GTA2 tracks again in high quality. YT has the radio streams but I wouldn't mind having the full versions of the songs.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

LegionVC
  • LegionVC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:38 PM

I haven't checked this topic for over a year - great to see people are still interested!

The post I made is a bit outdated by now. I've since changed the platform they could possibly release the soundtracks on to include a bit more variety since I know some people don't like iTunes. Still I think that might be the best choice as most GTA music gets released there, they'd probably feel a lot more motivated to do it if they can make a bit of money. I know the GTA 1 soundtrack was present as CD audio tracks on the game disc but it'd still be great to have the radio tracks in their isolated form, without any DJ chatter. The GTA 2 soundtrack, I think everyone will agree, definitely deserves a proper release. The radio streams just have too much DJ chatter layered over the music. On top of that the radio streams are sampled at 22050KHz, with a bit depth of 4. They are only 177kbps, far too low compared to how great the uncompressed GTA 1 music sounds.

I've actually tried contacting some ex Rockstar employees that worked on the GTA 1 and 2 soundtracks. While some do have the original mixes they are of course refrained from releasing them as Rockstar is still the copyright holder to the music. One of them is currently trying to find someone to talk to at Rockstar about this. I will let everyone know how that unfolds.

But I should mention that some of the GTA 2 mixes are currently available on the internet:

(Conor and Jay - Vegas Road)

(Tammy Boness and the Swingin' Mammaries - The Diner)

(Stikki Fingerz - Holdin' It Out For You)

https://soundcloud.c...nd-theft-auto-2

(Stylus Exodus - Toucan Pie)

(Cow Tastes Good - Surf City)

Those are all the ones I know of. The rest of the Rockstar GTA 2 tracks are currently nowhere available.

• PhillBellic, X/R// and Ivan1997GTA like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Sgt. Phill Bellic. The New Liberty State Trooper.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2015 - 03:27 PM

I haven't checked this topic for over a year - great to see people are still interested!

The post I made is a bit outdated by now. I've since changed the platform they could possibly release the soundtracks on to include a bit more variety since I know some people don't like iTunes. Still I think that might be the best choice as most GTA music gets released there, they'd probably feel a lot more motivated to do it if they can make a bit of money. I know the GTA 1 soundtrack was present as CD audio tracks on the game disc but it'd still be great to have the radio tracks in their isolated form, without any DJ chatter. The GTA 2 soundtrack, I think everyone will agree, definitely deserves a proper release. The radio streams just have too much DJ chatter layered over the music. On top of that the radio streams are sampled at 22050KHz, with a bit depth of 4. They are only 177kbps, far too low compared to how great the uncompressed GTA 1 music sounds.

I've actually tried contacting some ex Rockstar employees that worked on the GTA 1 and 2 soundtracks. While some do have the original mixes they are of course refrained from releasing them as Rockstar is still the copyright holder to the music. One of them is currently trying to find someone to talk to at Rockstar about this. I will let everyone know how that unfolds.

But I should mention that some of the GTA 2 mixes are currently available on the internet:

Spoiler

Those are all the ones I know of. The rest of the Rockstar GTA 2 tracks are currently nowhere available.

Hey, thank you for these Links. I hope you have luck with your Mission. :)

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 December 2015 - 04:11 AM

I have the soundtrack CD that came with the limited edition of GTA. If anyone is interested, I'll upload lossless rips.

• Legomanarthur and Sergiu like this

LegionVC
  • LegionVC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:03 PM

I've heard of that CD before, it's quite rare. Does it just contain the radio station streams from the first game? Seems strange to publish an official soundtrack CD when the original radio stations were already present on the PS1 and PC versions as CD audio tracks. Anyway, would be great if you can upload them just to see if there are any differences.

By the way, regarding the GTA 1 and 2 soundtrack petition, I'm afraid we're at a dead end. The GTA 1-2 composer I contacted approached Rockstar about it and they indicated that they have no interest in pursuing it. It was probably to be expected, but it was still worth a shot, especially if you have someone that actually worked on the games backing it.

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 December 2015 - 02:44 AM Edited by Helegad, 05 December 2015 - 05:55 AM.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's identical to the the regular game CD, minus the data track. I'm not sure if there's any difference in quality either, seeing as how Red Book and Orange Book share the same CD-DA specification.

Here's a picture of the disc (not my picture, FYI)

R-3184646-1320142582.jpeg.jpg

Here you go, my niggas

Grand Theft Auto - The Soundtrack (FLAC)

Grand Theft Auto - The Game Disc (FLAC)

• LegionVC likes this

LegionVC
  • LegionVC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2015 - 10:40 PM

Thanks a bunch for uploading it. Sounds identical to the CD audio tracks on the game disc, I don't hear any differences whatsoever. Where did you get that CD? Was it included with a special PC or PS1 release or something?

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:54 AM

There was a limited edition released for both PC and PS. I recently purchased a PAL PS copy from eBay. This is what the full package looks like. Again, not my picture.

gta-le-21.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users