Photo

Think we'll get this "more info"? Business DLC

89 replies to this topic
Franceska
  • Franceska

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:50 PM

And stay tuned for details about our upcoming Business Update Event Weekend as well as more info to be revealed on future updates including Online Heists, the Capture Creator update, new Assassination and Flight School missions for Story Mode and much more...

Probably over 4 - 5 months again. Not sure. Can be 6. or 7. Or they try to make us forget about Heists with the DLCs. 

• tjor24 likes this

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:01 PM

We'd better get some info, this is the second time now they told us they'd be telling us about heists, and they've yet to say a word beyond teasing us about it yet again. If they don't at least tell us how long it's going to be until we get heists, they're assholes, plain and simple. They can't just keep dangling this treat in front of us without any clear idea of when we'll get it, could be weeks or months or years for all the f*ck we know. Scratch that they're already assholes, but they're becoming bigger ones by the day the longer this farce goes on.

I don't even necesarily care about the heists themselves so much, but I want what they promised when they advertised the game and so far I haven't got it. Not at least keeping us informed on their progress so we know what to expect is just rude and a slap in the face to every one of us.

Perfect Blade xD
  • Perfect Blade xD

Spam 4LIFE.

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:02 PM

info, info. want info! :))

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Original Funktopus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:04 PM

More? Info? Heists?

This kid knows how to troll

Franceska
  • Franceska

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:05 PM

More? Info? Heists?

This kid knows how to troll

I'm not a kid anymore  :panic:   unfortunately. Having responsibilities suck. 

Anyhow, I quoted directly from the newswire.

• UtterTehSEAL likes this

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:06 PM

We'd better get some info, this is the second time now they told us they'd be telling us about heists, and they've yet to say a word beyond teasing us about it yet again. If they don't at least tell us how long it's going to be until we get heists, they're assholes, plain and simple. They can't just keep dangling this treat in front of us without any clear idea of when we'll get it, could be weeks or months or years for all the f*ck we know. Scratch that they're already assholes, but they're becoming bigger ones by the day the longer this farce goes on.

I don't even necesarily care about the heists themselves so much, but I want what they promised when they advertised the game and so far I haven't got it. Not at least keeping us informed on their progress so we know what to expect is just rude and a slap in the face to every one of us.

so you care enough to call them assholes..

but you dont care...

can we say oxymoron???

• GTA-Freak-Vi and gorskiegangsta like this

GoodGreen
  • GoodGreen

Gustavo "Gus" Fring

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:06 PM

Forget heist this is Big Business!...
  • deffjeff87 likes this

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:20 PM Edited by EJTexasMade, 03 March 2014 - 02:20 PM.

Haven't they put "Heists are coming soon" at the bottom of every DLC/Update thread on the Newswire since the game released?
  • iEatzNiggletz and Hoosierdaddy76 like this

Lunantic
  • Lunantic

Nutter

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:29 PM

Bare in mind that this was always going to be a somewhat experimental project for R*, they did say from the start this was a new venture for them and would be a bit of a learning curve for them.

They're rolling out things when they can, trying to fix bits and bobs, closing exploit holes, etc, and they've never done an online game of this scale before. They were upfront about the things they intended to include, and I doubt they've stopped that from being their intention, they're just learning as they go and trying not to release things before they're ready.

I'd rather wait wee while for something that works, than to have it released right now and be a broken nightmare of a DLC.

People keep forgetting that GTA: Online was a freebie that was bundled with the actual game GTA:V, which retailed at the same price as all other new release titles in that bracket - If we'd been charged additional fees to get a version including Online, you'd have more right to whine.

They'll give us these things when they are good and ready, so stop complaining you're not getting something you didn't even pay for (not the OP, the haters in general).

• blackindia, The real coast guard, kanudo and 5 others like this

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:29 PM Edited by Lucius Aelius, 03 March 2014 - 02:31 PM.

We'd better get some info, this is the second time now they told us they'd be telling us about heists, and they've yet to say a word beyond teasing us about it yet again. If they don't at least tell us how long it's going to be until we get heists, they're assholes, plain and simple. They can't just keep dangling this treat in front of us without any clear idea of when we'll get it, could be weeks or months or years for all the f*ck we know. Scratch that they're already assholes, but they're becoming bigger ones by the day the longer this farce goes on.I don't even necesarily care about the heists themselves so much, but I want what they promised when they advertised the game and so far I haven't got it. Not at least keeping us informed on their progress so we know what to expect is just rude and a slap in the face to every one of us.

but you dont care...

can we say oxymoron???
You really need me to explain that? Try using your brain more next time, I said I don't car about heists so much as to be only angry about not having them yet, but it's being lied to and teased that I have a problem with most of all. What's rude (and making them assholes) is the fact that they won't tell us anything at all about what's going on or when to expect an essential feature of the game which they prominently featured in advertisements without telling us it would be 5+ months before we ever got so much as a hint about what the f*ck is going on. It's called manners, and they clearly have none if this is how they treat us.

All of that was painfully clear the first time I said it, try thinking things through before you post next time, it'll spare you from looking like an idiot.

Lunantic
  • Lunantic

Nutter

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:36 PM

All of that was painfully clear the first time I said it, try thinking things through before you post next time, it'll spare you from looking like an idiot.

You really need me to explain that? Try using your brain more next time, I said I don't car about heists so much as to be only angry about not having them yet, but it's being lied to and teased that I have a problem with most of all. What's rude (and making them assholes) is the fact that they won't tell us anything at all about what's going on or when to expect an essential feature of the game which they prominently featured in advertisements without telling us it would be 5+ months before we ever got so much as a hint about what the f*ck is going on. It's called manners, and they clearly have none if this is how they treat us.

They're just trying to ensure they release what they said they would, they've not lied to us, they've told us what they intend to do... and they will, once they get it right. This is a bit of an experiment for R*, an online game of this scale is new for them and they're being upfront about that.

Just keep your panties on, and enjoy the new content when it does eventually land - Isn't it better to have something high quality after having to wait, than to get a rushed and poor effort early on?

They've not lied, they've just not delivered yet. If they turned round and said "Sorry, we're not doing heists now, we changed our mind" THEN they'd have lied.

They don't want to announce details of anything before they know it'll work and will definitely be included in heists - if they told us you could do X, Y & Z's in upcoming heists, then in testing found that they didn't work, and had to come out, they WOULD have lied.

It'll be announced when it's ready, be patient and enjoy this nice FREE game in the meantime!

• The real coast guard likes this

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:46 PM Edited by Lucius Aelius, 03 March 2014 - 02:56 PM.

^It wasn't an overt lie perhaps but it was a lie of omission, they implied heists would be coming out with the game and then waited until after it came out to tell us they wouldn't be, then they left the timeframe completely open-ended and haven't spoken a single word about it since in 5 months (besides teasing us about the idea of info without releasing any actual info). I'm not one of those dumbasses who thinks R* is guilty of false advertisement or some sh*t like that, like I said it's just manners ( or in this case the lack thereof).

They may not have a firm idea themselves but they don't need to tell us an exact date for them to tell us something about what to expect. Surely they know it's going to be roughly some amount of time like 1-2 months or 3-6 months or something, and anything at all is better than the nothing they're telling us now. I don't care so much how long I have to wait, I want them to take their time and release a quality product, but I also want them to be open and honest about it, and that they are most definitely not being.

Honestly I've been patient enough, and now I'm running out. I could wait any amount of time if they'd just tell us what was up, but being kept in the dark and left wondering about how long it's going to be is growing older by the day.

Lunantic
  • Lunantic

Nutter

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:58 PM

They may not have a firm idea themselves but they don't need to tell us an exact date for them to tell us something about what to expect. Surely they know it's going to be roughly some amount of time like 1-2 months or 3-6 months or something, and anything at all is better than the nothing they're telling us now. I don't care so much how long I have to wait, I want them to take their time and release a quality product, but I also want them to be open and honest about it, and that they are most definitely not being.

Honestly I've been patient enough, and now I'm running out. I could wait any amount of time if they'd just tell us what was up, but being kept in the dark and left wondering about how long it's going to be is growing older by the day.

It wasn't an overt lie perhaps but it was a lie of omission, they implied heists would be coming out with the game and then waited until after it came out to tell us they wouldn't be, then they left the timeframe completely open-ended and haven't spoken a single word about it since in 5 months (besides teasing us about the idea of info without releasing any actual info). I'm not one of those dumbasses who thinks R* is guilty of false advertisement or some sh*t like that, like I said it's just manners ( or in this case the lack thereof).

I get what you mean, I guess I'm just cutting them more slack, given that this a new thing for them, and they're giving it a go, trying to maintain what's there and add new stuff as we go, without charging anyone for it.

Would you rather they came out and said "Heists will be out in a month! You and up to 7 friends can... blah blah" - only for them to find that this doesn't work in practice when they get to final testing, and have to make it 3 months time, and only 4 players at a time... they'd look like lying a-holes then.

I can empathize with them not making promises they don't know for sure they can't keep. Easier to respect someone who doesn't make claims that they don't know they can back up, than someone who promises you the world then delivers rubbish. They'll tell us more when they know for sure what will definitely make it to the release version.

Don't forget that R* are experts in building hype, think back to any GTA release and you'll know what I mean. Teasing is kinda what they do, and they've been doing it a while - can seem cruel at times, but they seem to get away with it!

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:03 PM

It wasn't an overt lie perhaps but it was a lie of omission, they implied heists would be coming out with the game and then waited until after it came out to tell us they wouldn't be, then they left the timeframe completely open-ended and haven't spoken a single word about it since in 5 months (besides teasing us about the idea of info without releasing any actual info). I'm not one of those dumbasses who thinks R* is guilty of false advertisement or some sh*t like that, like I said it's just manners ( or in this case the lack thereof).

I get what you mean, I guess I'm just cutting them more slack, given that this a new thing for them, and they're giving it a go, trying to maintain what's there and add new stuff as we go, without charging anyone for it.

Would you rather they came out and said "Heists will be out in a month! You and up to 7 friends can... blah blah" - only for them to find that this doesn't work in practice when they get to final testing, and have to make it 3 months time, and only 4 players at a time... they'd look like lying a-holes then.

I can empathize with them not making promises they don't know for sure they can't keep. Easier to respect someone who doesn't make claims that they don't know they can back up, than someone who promises you the world then delivers rubbish. They'll tell us more when they know for sure what will definitely make it to the release version.

Don't forget that R* are experts in building hype, think back to any GTA release and you'll know what I mean. Teasing is kinda what they do, and they've been doing it a while - can seem cruel at times, but they seem to get away with it!

I don't care if this is new to them or if they like building hype, none of that is an excuse to be rude.

Lunantic
  • Lunantic

Nutter

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:08 PM

I don't care if this is new to them or if they like building hype, none of that is an excuse to be rude.

At least we're getting what is, over all, a good online game - and we've not had to pay anything or subscribe to it, gotta be worth some slack, no?

Mostly the updates and DLC have been positive, improving things over all. OK, we're in the dark a fair bit, are we are guinea pigs to a degree, but I'm having fun with it just now anyways! :lol:

I don't mind someone being a bit rude to me, if they're giving me awesome freebies at the same time!

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:14 PM

They dont owe us any more explanation than they have given. It is thier game and thier right to do what they want with it. They are not being rude. They have no obligation to tell us anything at all...ever.
  • Lunantic and gardengnome23 like this

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:20 PM

This game isn't free to play for one thing, no one can play without buying the SP game so it cost everyone a minimum $60 fee to buy a lifetime subscription so to speak (or in my case $150 because I got duped into buying the CE thinking the cars wouldn't suck ass), not to mention I've spent $50 since release on cash cards primarily to show my support for R* and encourage more content (because that content isn't free either, if people don't buy cash cards then R* makes no DLC, every cash card purchased is money spent on more DLC). That support is wearing thin now, and I'm done being patient when this rudeness is my reward for my patience, loyalty and trust.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:25 PM

They dont owe us any more explanation than they have given. It is their game and their right to do what they want with it. They are not being rude. They have no obligation to tell us anything at all...ever.

exactly...... some people take things way too personally...

We'd better get some info, this is the second time now they told us they'd be telling us about heists, and they've yet to say a word beyond teasing us about it yet again. If they don't at least tell us how long it's going to be until we get heists, they're assholes, plain and simple. They can't just keep dangling this treat in front of us without any clear idea of when we'll get it, could be weeks or months or years for all the f*ck we know. Scratch that they're already assholes, but they're becoming bigger ones by the day the longer this farce goes on.I don't even necesarily care about the heists themselves so much, but I want what they promised when they advertised the game and so far I haven't got it. Not at least keeping us informed on their progress so we know what to expect is just rude and a slap in the face to every one of us.

but you dont care...

can we say oxymoron???

no i didnt need it explaining to me, i understood fully that you contradicted yourself by being so worked up about something you proclaim you dont care about..

if you didnt care you wouldn't take the time to post about it, you wouldnt need to tell the world how you dont care about something then make 3 posts about how rude R* are for not telling you when heists will be released...

there's two choices.. either dont care, stop posting about it and move on.... or keep moaning about it and demonstrating how much it really does actually bother you, which confirms you do actually care about it.... merely by saying you feel its rude of them its obvious you care.

but obviously im the idiot.... id rather be an idiot than a hypocrite

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:25 PM

They dont owe us any more explanation than they have given. It is thier game and thier right to do what they want with it. They are not being rude. They have no obligation to tell us anything at all...ever.

Again, manners. No they don't owe us anything if they don't care about their fans, if they did care about their fans they wouldn't lead us on like this and just keep leaving us hanging with no idea what the f*ck is going on. I'm sorry but that's just rude, and after 5 months of this I'm getting quite understandably and justifiably annoyed. You all may not care so much but I'm partly at fault for having high expectations of R*, if I weren't expecting better of them then I would be so disappointed in them.

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:26 PM

Bare in mind that this was always going to be a somewhat experimental project for R*, they did say from the start this was a new venture for them and would be a bit of a learning curve for them.

They're rolling out things when they can, trying to fix bits and bobs, closing exploit holes, etc, and they've never done an online game of this scale before. They were upfront about the things they intended to include, and I doubt they've stopped that from being their intention, they're just learning as they go and trying not to release things before they're ready.

I'd rather wait wee while for something that works, than to have it released right now and be a broken nightmare of a DLC.

People keep forgetting that GTA: Online was a freebie that was bundled with the actual game GTA:V, which retailed at the same price as all other new release titles in that bracket - If we'd been charged additional fees to get a version including Online, you'd have more right to whine.

They'll give us these things when they are good and ready, so stop complaining you're not getting something you didn't even pay for (not the OP, the haters in general).

Damned if they do and damned if they don't!! I agree 100% with what you've said. Without the amount of people who seem to know how to glitch anything new there is no possibility whatsoever that R* are gonna release heists until they're as confident as they can be that they will be unglitchable. 

• Lunantic likes this

zkroll
  • zkroll

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

I heard from a pretty reputable source that the DLC will provide the ability to own more than one property.   Not expecting anyone to believe me. 

• Thr33X likes this

Lunantic
  • Lunantic

Nutter

• Members
  • Scotland

This game isn't free to play for one thing, no one can play without buying the SP game so it cost everyone a minimum $60 fee to buy a lifetime subscription so to speak (or in my case $150 because I got duped into buying the CE thinking the cars wouldn't suck ass), not to mention I've spent $50 since release on cash cards primarily to show my support for R* and encourage more content (because that content isn't free either, if people don't buy cash cards then R* makes no DLC, every cash card purchased is money spent on more DLC). That support is wearing thin now, and I'm done being patient when this rudeness is my reward for my patience, loyalty and trust.

The $60 or £40 or whatever we each spent was a good and fair price for what is a top quality SP game, and what you'd expect to pay for any top ten new release on either system.

Online game was too experimental to be a release on it's own, they would have had a cheek asking people to pay for being a beta tester, effectively, so they've bundled it at no extra charge with something of high quality that was being released anyways.

I too have bought a cash card, as, like you, I'm happy to support this venture and love playing this MMO that requires skill and not just random number generators and grinding. You and I made that choice to pay for those things, we weren't forced to, and it doesn't mean we're entitled to more development details or insider info.

Ignoring the CE for a mo, you really don't think the SP was worth $60/£40? I truly enjoyed it, best GTA in the series thus far for me, and would consider it money well spent even if online had never existed. Online is just a bonus!

They could be telling us weekly every little plan and hope they have for this game, but they'd just end up looking like a-holes when most of it never made it to release... That would annoy me WAY more than being in the dark as we are.

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

They dont owe us any more explanation than they have given. It is their game and their right to do what they want with it. They are not being rude. They have no obligation to tell us anything at all...ever.

exactly...... some people take things way too personally...

but you dont care...

can we say oxymoron???

no i didnt need it explaining to me, i understood fully that you contradicted yourself by being so worked up about something you proclaim you dont care about..

if you didnt care you wouldn't take the time to post about it, you wouldnt need to tell the world how you dont care about something then make 3 posts about how rude R* are for not telling you when heists will be released...

there's two choices.. either dont care, stop posting about it and move on.... or keep moaning about it and demonstrating how much it really does actually bother you, which confirms you do actually care about it.... merely by saying you feel its rude of them its obvious you care.

but obviously im the idiot.... id rather be an idiot than a hypocrite

LMFAO.... Thanks for this, I was rather pissed off the more I dwelled on this but you brightened me right up with you're wondrous stupidity, it makes me feel much better about myself so thanks. Anyway I'm not explaining myself again, twice now what I've said went right over your head and as funny as this was it's not worth any more of my time. Thanks again for the laugh.

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:29 PM

Again, manners. No they don't owe us anything if they don't care about their fans, if they did care about their fans they wouldn't lead us on like this and just keep leaving us hanging with no idea what the f*ck is going on. I'm sorry but that's just rude, and after 5 months of this I'm getting quite understandably and justifiably annoyed. You all may not care so much but I'm partly at fault for having high expectations of R*, if I weren't expecting better of them then I would be so disappointed in them.

So on that theory can I ask how you feel about the 'fans' and their glitching, do you condone glitching? Glitchers are the ones fecking it up for all who crave heists. Why would they release a content that involves gaining money if they werent totally confident Johnny Glitcher and his sheep couldn't glitch it. If I were someone at R* I would make it a directive that we will not release heists until we know it's going to be tough to find any glitch.

• Lunantic likes this

I3AZZAI2
  • I3AZZAI2

Mr Benevolent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:34 PM

People insert far too much meaning in R*'s posts.
Free dlc=/=everything in the dlc is gonna be free
Asking people to stay posted because they intend to do x, y, & z =/= Heists coming up next
Just reading far too much into short statements.

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:37 PM

So on that theory can I ask how you feel about the 'fans' and their glitching, do you condone glitching? Glitchers are the ones fecking it up for all who crave heists. Why would they release a content that involves gaining money if they werent totally confident Johnny Glitcher and his sheep couldn't glitch it. If I were someone at R* I would make it a directive that we will not release heists until we know it's going to be tough to find any glitch.

I'm opposed to any glitches that offer any unfair advantage or cause any instability in the game, and yes it's all but certain that patching glitches has slowed down heists even if inly because they want the game to be ready for heists as much as heists to be ready for the game, again though all of this is stuff they could be telling is about and keeping us in the loop rather than leaving it up to us to guess and wonder.
  • KimberJane likes this

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:37 PM Edited by mo-seph, 03 March 2014 - 03:38 PM.

Lunantic
  • Lunantic

Nutter

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:41 PM

I'm opposed to any glitches that offer any unfair advantage or cause any instability in the game, and yes it's all but certain that patching glitches has slowed down heists even if inly because they want the game to be ready for heists as much as heists to be ready for the game, again though all of this is stuff they could be telling is about and keeping us in the loop rather than leaving it up to us to guess and wonder.

They could try and do as you say, and keep us in the loop, but then if we were told about all the great stuff they intended for us and for some reason it didn't end up being released as they claimed, people would go nuts!

I'd rather hear nothing from them, than hear things that sounded brilliant but then we never got!

PANiC ATTACK3R
  • PANiC ATTACK3R

Crew Founder

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:42 PM Edited by PANiC ATTACK3R, 03 March 2014 - 03:43 PM.

I like chicken 

• Franceska likes this

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

I like to think it's a bit of both. I like all the speculation that folk pick up on, but R* really should invest in a couple of PR staff to interact with those who have brought their products rather than just relying on that guy from support, Brian or whatever he is called. What I don't really understand though is all the hatred towards R* just because of the lack of heists, like some guy already said R* are new to this and what they have given us so far is a really good product, giving us new content on what seems could now be a monthly basis. What we have now 6 months from the start is a much improved game, those new to GTA-O don't know how good they have it compared to those of us who had to endure all the teething problems early on lol.

• Lunantic likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users