Photo

Applying textures into model? (3Ds Max)

2 replies to this topic
Combine96
  • Combine96

Player Hater

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:48 PM Edited by Combine96, 02 March 2014 - 02:51 PM.

Hello everyone,

I am quite good when it comes to 3D modelling but im new on the GTA type, so I was wondering how to apply textures into a GTA custom model, like for example the LV courthouse models which dff files are:

courthouse_vgn.dff

courthouse0_vgn.dff

I know how to import the courthouse model into 3Ds with Kam's GTA scripts but I don't know how to apply the texture, I tried with a ped; I just had to convert the .txd file into PNG and grab the image file into the model itself, but I cannot find the .txd file on TXD Workshop (courthouse ones).

I guess they are different textures, but how to find them and put it into the model?

Can anyone give me some feedback about it? I would really appreciate it.

qAHYULV.png

_F_
  • _F_

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • Best Vehicle 2014 [GTAV Vehicles converted to San Andreas]

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

I once wrote this tutorial, It's about creating graffiti  mods, but answers all your questions.

http://forum.ls-rp.c...p?f=223&t=90108

• Combine96 likes this

Tado Hamann
  • Tado Hamann

★ Support, Vehicles ★

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:13 PM Edited by Tado Hamann, 03 March 2014 - 10:16 PM.

Hello Combine96,

I've never tried to import single object with multiple textures into 3Ds Max, but when I tried it I have that same problem like you, missing materials. The problem is that your building is one object that uses more textures (Multimaterial). So this multi-material we need to import from external file through ZModeler.

Follow these steps and you resolve your problem.

1.) First you have to find required models and textures. (models/GTA3.IMG - in your case: texture vegascourtbld.txd for object courthse_vgn.dff)

2.) Export textures via TXD Workshop into any format you prefer (Place these textures together with .dff file)

3.) Import .dff file in ZModeler (do not forget to select prefered textures).

4.) If you can see textured imported model, you done everything right. (Don't worry if model is black we don't need model, check only if textures are imported).

5.) Export object from ZModeler into .OBJ format and place it together with .dff file and textures).

6.) Import .obj format into 3Ds Max and check "Import Materials".

7.) Check your Material Editor and you should see material called : courthse_vgn_mso, if you do, you did everything correctly. (Don't worry if the model in viewport is black).

8.) Delete this object from viewport and import .dff model into 3Ds Max as you tried.

9.) Open Material Editor and drag & drop Multi-Material on your model.

10.) You should see textured model in the viewport, like this:

4l6kqx.png

Hope this help you a bit. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

• Meheraj7 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users