Photo

Modders - They are here

74 replies to this topic
Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:14 PM

disgruntled programmers are a real thing. one guy even snuck in a hidden code about how stupid his boss was and everyone at nintendo? was an idoit. i wish i could remember the name of the game. plenty of other stories about what programmers do when they feel slighted.

Never said they aren`t. But it is a really long shot to think that all the cheats this game has or will have, come from disgruntled employees. Not when we have solid evidence for sh*t programming and almost no testing - like duping, half loading, mission prices, restart buttons, invisible because game didn`t load properly. Those are all bugs, not intended mechanics.

It is smarter to believe that some smart folks found bigger holes in coding than to blame all the worst things on some mystical Rockstar employee.

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:14 PM

I'm going to do this glitch. But I'm not going to be an asshole with it. FREE CHEETAHS FOR EVERYONE!

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:19 PM

disgruntled programmers are a real thing. one guy even snuck in a hidden code about how stupid his boss was and everyone at nintendo? was an idoit. i wish i could remember the name of the game. plenty of other stories about what programmers do when they feel slighted.

than to blame all the worst things on some mystical Rockstar employee.

It was me  :r*:

• Phyxsius- likes this

manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Homie

• Members

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

Employees get bribed every day, we live in a corrupt world. I actually find it easier to believe a rockstar employee is corruptible than someone who understands coding to the extent to create these mods is wasting their time on cheating a console game
  • iiGh0STt likes this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:38 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 02 March 2014 - 01:39 PM.

Employees get bribed every day, we live in a corrupt world. I actually find it easier to believe a rockstar employee is corruptible than someone who understands coding to the extent to create these mods is wasting their time on cheating a console game

With a simple Google search, you can find cheats for probably every game in existence. Counter Strike, in particular, has a plethora of aim-bots, wallhacks, speed, or whatever you can think of. Aimbots are actually really widespread for about any FPS on PC (since consoles get auto aim by default). 

However, those cheats are NOT from a disgruntled employee - are just little f*ckers that want an unfair advantage, or just try to troll. 

It IS simpler to think that any cheat is from "script kiddies" than from a disgruntled employee for me. Probably, if we are to count all the cheats for Counter Strike, we will end up with more cheats than employees :) And then we`ll just have to feed Odesza after midnight :)

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

Credits: 0

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

I'd stake my last magic bean that these exploits have nothing to do with disgruntled Rockstar employees.

• Phyxsius- likes this

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:44 PM

fact: no one knows for sure.

cheats could come from the government... now what.

• Sangers likes this

manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Homie

• Members

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:45 PM

Ignore me, I'm old, cynical and not really up to speed with this modern electrickery

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:46 PM Edited by Odesza, 02 March 2014 - 01:47 PM.

The employee would have to be a high level within the company to be coding exploits into the game with every patch, keep that in mind, this is some guy probably well paid, very high up in the game design team and also would obviously work with others.

And he's gonna do this so he can get an advantage over random kids on a video game or because he's upset with the company that he's still for some reason working at.

People in this thread might not 100% know for sure but I can tell you that an educated guess is a lot better than pure ridiculous speculation.

• Phyxsius-, Sangers and Insert-Coin-To-Continue like this

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

Credits: 0

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:47 PM

cheats could come from the government... now what.

It's Ron from TPI here....

131594301126.jpg

Ayes
  • Ayes

El Macaracachimba

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:54 PM

Those are NOT modders. Those are Jewtube kids who are using and ABUSING a glitch with the Content Creator.

• cookiemonster14 likes this

Celticfang
  • Celticfang

Playa

• Members

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:14 PM

With a simple Google search, you can find cheats for probably every game in existence. Counter Strike, in particular, has a plethora of aim-bots, wallhacks, speed, or whatever you can think of. Aimbots are actually really widespread for about any FPS on PC (since consoles get auto aim by default). 

However, those cheats are NOT from a disgruntled employee - are just little f*ckers that want an unfair advantage, or just try to troll. 

It IS simpler to think that any cheat is from "script kiddies" than from a disgruntled employee for me. Probably, if we are to count all the cheats for Counter Strike, we will end up with more cheats than employees :) And then we`ll just have to feed Odesza after midnight :)

Allegedly* cheat creation for PC games is a profitable industry and it's a full time job for people older than 12 who have lives and whoo have families and who work as coders making cheats

* So I've heard anyhow

• iiGh0STt likes this

Legion FBG
  • Legion FBG

Rat

• Members
  • Jersey

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:47 PM

This guy does!

I know this is true... because I know one of the first people to find out about dns. He was a level 200 something in the first week.... and I know exactly where it came from. The source.

• Odesza and Insert-Coin-To-Continue like this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:01 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 02 March 2014 - 03:04 PM.

Allegedly* cheat creation for PC games is a profitable industry and it's a full time job for people older than 12 who have lives and whoo have families and who work as coders making cheats

* So I've heard anyhow

The better ones, yes. The paid ones.

Most are just wanna-be`s. Only a very few are actually good. From those, most go into game trainers and whatnot, or at least that`s what I think. Seems backward to pay for something you just KNOW you`ll get banned for the second one admin is online. IP bans are funny, especially 24/7 admin rotations on good servers.

I base my opinion on a very old desire to find a points trainer for "Nexus: The Jupiter Incident" (SP campaign), and stumbling onto a site that was offering a free one for 2 or 3 options, with a paid one for "full" options.

gta_aus
  • gta_aus

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:07 PM

Was in one of these sessions tonight and I must admit it was pretty fun, who ever was doing it made ramps and stuff to jump over.
  • Sangers likes this

Bastean
  • Bastean

Meow

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:27 PM Edited by Bastean, 02 March 2014 - 05:27 PM.

Hmmmm, we have some interesting opinions here...

Regardless, they're not modders, they're glitchers, abusing a "content creator" leak.

There are lots of YouTube videos about it...

Shame.

... or fame?

Legion FBG
  • Legion FBG

Rat

• Members
  • Jersey

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:24 PM

Was in one of these sessions tonight and I must admit it was pretty fun, who ever was doing it made ramps and stuff to jump over.

Yep when used for good it can be epic!

Problem is the line is different for everyone. Once you go there,where do you stop? That session could be cool,but the next could be the guy who thought adding "nos" was not enough and now there are missiles in races.

What's next...."Nos" tanks that fire the buzzards homing missiles that cause you to lose money(ok, I'd be impressed with that one!).

Is there a solution? A "free for all" mode with an open world creator would be great and allow some truly great ideas,but it will never happen.The day it is released people will go on redbull benders to be the first to post on youtube how they have glitched/abused it just like the "heists" will be when they arrive.

It's damn if ya do and damn if ya don't for R*.

I3AZZAI2
  • I3AZZAI2

Mr Benevolent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:35 PM

This is a case of Glitchers, not Modders. 

Content Creator place crap wherever you want to annoy people glitch.

No no, you got that wrong. It's a feature. Just like any other glit..err.. feature out there. Why else do you think it's so easy a lot of times?

My bad, thanks for correcting me :D

Hey guys, I posted a video, don't forget to drop a like, hit that subscribe button, and leave a comment below.

Oh and guys, don't forget if this video gets 5 thousand likes and we can get my channel to 15k subs I'll release a video of how to get the UFO, filled with Nos Jetpacks.

Fix'd

Sangers
  • Sangers

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:43 PM

why do all the GTA youtube tutorials start with "hey guys, what is going on?" Do these guys copy each other and have absolutely no originality for dialog?

Sangers
  • Sangers

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:52 PM

Yeh ditto. I pulled my bmx out and did tricks off the jumps. Probably the first and only time a BMX rider has not been shot within 100m of the main LSC whilst in the vicinity of 6 other players.

MrConfused
  • MrConfused

Bang Bang

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:04 PM

This is a case of Glitchers, not Modders. 

Content Creator place crap wherever you want to annoy people glitch.

Well now that you post a video on how to do it everyone now will know how to do it. Thank you so much for f*cking this game even more everyone appreciates that. 

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:00 AM Edited by iiGh0STt, 03 March 2014 - 12:02 AM.

This guy does!

I know this is true... because I know one of the first people to find out about dns. He was a level 200 something in the first week.... and I know exactly where it came from. The source.

well he damn sure did not figure it out himself, and I know the kind of people he deals with.

seriously, information leaks. i love how it just has to be some guy working for them high up and changing the code with every new update. All i mentioned was the initial information leak, you idiots are way out of context.

again... giant dick, little mermaid. simplest example I can think of how easy it is for someone on the inside to sneak things past the company.

Mr.Faustin
  • Mr.Faustin

El Presidente.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:08 AM

Rockstar Obviously! You may be knowing this but I have heard that someone from rockstar sells those dns codes to hackers and modders and you wont believe it but anyone is ready to get their hands on those codes and they pay a lot! Well eventually it gets patched later.

It's a conspiracy theory.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:16 AM

Rockstar Obviously! You may be knowing this but I have heard that someone from rockstar sells those dns codes to hackers and modders and you wont believe it but anyone is ready to get their hands on those codes and they pay a lot! Well eventually it gets patched later.

It's a conspiracy theory.

what proof do you have? lol... about the same amount I have.

/thread.

RDH1983
  • RDH1983

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:47 AM

Saw a low flying chrome
buzzard today, so naturally I had to shoot at it.. He bailed, parachuted to a roof top and proceeded to shoot at me, but as every bullet hit the ground it turned into an explosion. I got owned several times by these exploding bullets..

Danzeman
  • Danzeman

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:43 AM

There was a KATW guy in a lobby yesterday killing people from the other side of the map. Apparently he bombed me, while I was in my car, yet it didn't blow up. He also had a 770mil bounty on him.

Alwintheboy
  • Alwintheboy

Too old to be a boy.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:34 AM

There was a KATW guy in a lobby yesterday killing people from the other side of the map. Apparently he bombed me, while I was in my car, yet it didn't blow up. He also had a 770mil bounty on him.

I feel you brother.

fofofofofofofofo
  • fofofofofofofofo

A.K.A OmgLolOmgLol

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:43 AM Edited by fofofofofofofofo, 03 March 2014 - 11:44 AM.

Some asshole was spawnkilling everyone with a jet when suddenly, a huge gas tank(prop one) spawned in the sky directly in front of him...he rage quit after calling us a bunch of "10-year old DNS modders" :D
  • drr26 likes this

cookiemonster14
  • cookiemonster14

Gangsta

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:44 AM

43167207.jpg

OriginalCharacter
  • OriginalCharacter

Gay Street Racer

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:11 PM

OP forgot to mention the nerdy asshole modders in GTA4

you know, the ones that never gave you cool cars, made racetracks at the airport, etc, but instead would come home after a bad day in highschool, boot up their PS3s, turn on GTA4 and spawn you in places you cant get out of, "just cuz i can", make your character spontaneously combust for no reason, and eventually, if you so much as call them a "fa**ot", they'll freeze your PS3.

i don't appreciate having my PS3 frozen just 'cuz some script kiddie got his head dunked in a toilet by a football player  :catloaf:

• Clay33 likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users