What happened to TPE?

9 replies to this topic
T-dog
  • T-dog

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:57 AM

Trevor Phillips Enterprises. Anyone remember that? Well what exactly happened to that? I know that you can still do trafficking missions for Oscar
and such, but what happened to Trevor's dream of becoming a major drug kingpin? I think the reason that Trevor forgot about it was when he started
doing scores with Mike again, that's when he sort of forgot about
it. For a while, I actually thought TPE might go big because Trevor eventually toke out all rival competition(The Lost, The Aztecas, The O'Neils and The Chinese). But once Trevor starting doing scores with Mike again, Trev forgot about TPE and never went back to it again. But I guess this makes sense given the fact that he started TPE to make money and by the end of the game
he had enough for a lifetime. But I still think it's wasted potential.
I wanna know what you think? Do you share my exact thoughts or
do you think it was right to let it be?

Cops 'N Crooks Fanboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:14 AM

Maybe R* should have focused on one narrative instead of three.

• Cuexcomate and warlord GTAV like this

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homeboy

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:16 AM

he didn't leave tpe he left ron in charge temporarily and i'm pretty sure after the events of gta v he focused on tpe again.

• iiGh0STt likes this

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:43 AM

For me, the lack of TPE missions is one of the very few letdowns. When you finish the jewelry heist and shoot out to Trevor for the first time, following him as he builds up TPE and destroys The Lost...its just one of the best parts of the story line. Its probably the only part of the story that has many consecutive missions that are really fun. I could imagine a full game based around Trevor getting TPE of the ground and maintaining it, including fighting off rival groups. 

• Luddite likes this

BloodClaw95
  • BloodClaw95

(EmptyVoid95)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:44 AM

*TPI

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:52 AM

Ohhh... methinks a good idea for dlc would be for Ron to go mad with power and Trevor trying to get his company back. By this time Ron has turned TPE into an empire, with an army to rival Merryweather.

The final mission would involve Ron in a mech suit, and Trevor has to find a way to activate the self destruction module to defeat him!

RiaJay21
  • RiaJay21

Post-Post-Ironic

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:51 AM

Trevor left Ron in charge TPE/TPI so he could focus on other business pursuits ... such as locksmithing.

In all seriousness, though, it would have been cool to see the drug/arms trafficking angle picked back up again, but I guess that by the time it could have been picked up, the story had already started to slide into its final few acts. That's how it felt to me, anyway.

It seems like that's the kind of thing that, providing he isn't killed, comes after the end of the game for Trevor. It would be cool to see some DLC based around TPE/TPI, but of course, we have relatively little idea of what R* has planned, aside from what's already been revealed.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:47 AM

so much potential for SP wasted for Online instead.

TPE would have been a great extension, like Franklins assassination missions.

• warlord GTAV likes this

drr26
  • drr26

"he don't talk too much"

• Members
  • England

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:05 AM

Yeah after a certain point all is kinda forgotten about TPE, perhaps the DLC involves the lost and other rivals in missions.

thc_404
  • thc_404

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:01 PM

Well, what happens to anything a meth head does?

It's super interesting for the first 12 hours, but by then the high has worn off and we've forgotten why we wanted TPE/TPI in the first place. :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users