Quantcast

» «
Photo

buff helicopters? nerf snipers?

67 replies to this topic

Poll: buffnerfpolltitlesareuseless (131 member(s) have cast votes)

Do helicopters need a buff?

1. Yes (31 votes [23.66%])

Percentage of vote: 23.66%

2. No (70 votes [53.44%])

Percentage of vote: 53.44%

3. Only unarmed helicopters (30 votes [22.90%])

Percentage of vote: 22.90%

Do sniper rifles need range reduced from infinite, and slow down the light speed bullet travel?

1. Yes (11 votes [8.40%])

Percentage of vote: 8.40%

2. No (103 votes [78.63%])

Percentage of vote: 78.63%

3. Just the range (6 votes [4.58%])

Percentage of vote: 4.58%

4. Just the bullet speed (11 votes [8.40%])

Percentage of vote: 8.40%

Vote Guests cannot vote
ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:44 AM

I'm not talking about render distance. I'm talking about shot distance. I used to be able to shoot people in vehicles/helis at the pegasus docks helipad from the roof of the construction site and I can't anymore.

that too...

now you can kill a player in a vehicle as long as you can see the gamertag, once the name disappear the bullet wont reach them.

I can still snipe tanks that are so far away, that I can't see their tags. I think it's render distance or sync. Notice how cars get buggy when viewed at really long distances? It's harder but possible.

Winning001
  • Winning001

Dem na like me I may not like dem

• Members
  • North-Korea
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:45 AM

The sh*tty draw distance prevents us from getting long range sniper shots.

MR.FAGEDORIAN
  • MR.FAGEDORIAN

Crackhead

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:56 AM

no because snipers and helicopters are already nerfed wth all the miniguns and carbines that roam in this game.  how likely do you ever get killed by a helicopter? how likely do you ever get sniped a by a sniper? rarely i bet.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:57 AM

yea sniper range is a bit ridiculous... what do you expect in a game where a fighter jet flies the same speed as a crop duster?

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilitated Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:50 AM

I'm not talking about render distance. I'm talking about shot distance. I used to be able to shoot people in vehicles/helis at the pegasus docks helipad from the roof of the construction site and I can't anymore.

that too...

now you can kill a player in a vehicle as long as you can see the gamertag, once the name disappear the bullet wont reach them.

I can still snipe tanks that are so far away, that I can't see their tags. I think it's render distance or sync. Notice how cars get buggy when viewed at really long distances? It's harder but possible.

really?!!!

i dont seem to nail a tanker unless their gamertag is visible even if my life depends on it...

Happy_Killstick
  • Happy_Killstick

Clumsy_Foxstick

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:19 AM

I can't get 1 shot on people(Unless they're low ranks) with the Heavy Sniper anymore, so no it doesnt need to be nerfed again.  :bored:

Bombshock
  • Bombshock

Vinum Sabbathi

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:11 PM

getting tired of an helicopter i get into becoming a moving SHOOT ME sign to anyone who can see me, the engines cutting out are really annoying and the snipers having infinite range makes it even worse, they can pelt you with bullets until you either go down or lose them

its a real problem outside the city, and its still really annoying in the city as well

so, gimme your input on the situation, nerf light speed rifles or buff knitted engines?

Snipers dont have infinite range,they stop rendering people on foot after a very small distance and in vehicles after some greater distance.

Bitches_Brew
  • Bitches_Brew

Cowboy from Hell

• Members

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:35 PM

The range on the heavy sniper has recently been reduced. Definitely can't snipe from as far as away as previously. 

its range is still somewhat the same from my experience, when i was testing it earlier i managed to snipe a guy out of a tank on the edge of the vehicle render distance

maybe the render distance for vehicles is the only thing thats changed

I've definitely noticed a change.

the sniper range was reduced on patch 1.09.

used to snipe people on foot from huge distances, now they pretty much keep a 1 block distance and be safe from the sniper.

you can still snipe someone if you can't see them. :monocle:

i do exactly what the op hates. i shoot at every heli/plane/jet/car/truck/person that comes in range.

usually after the heil starts smoking they either land it on a building or bail out. if they bail and i can see them i'll snipe them out of their shoot. if they land on a building, i'll keep shooting the heli until it blows. if the explosion does not kill them i will use "searching shots" to locate and kill them. i just keep shooting every inch of where i think they are until my scope flashes red and i kill them. it works about 70% of the time. (another good tip is looking for muzzle flashes from other peoples guns when/if they fire them.)

TLDR, spray and pray works well. :die:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users