6 replies to this topic
blitz
  • blitz

pizzaqueen <3

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Newcomer of the Year 2011

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:16 PM

I haven't seen many topics regarding what's currently happening in Venezuela. As a fellow South American I thought I'd do my bit to raise awareness and whatnot.

Basically, ever since Hugo Chavez died, things have gone from bad to worse.

This man, Nicolás Maduro has been put in charge of the country and he couldn't be doing a worse job. He's a former bus driver, and his level of ignorance and lack of common sense and knowledge is extremely disturbing. His government has literally been driving the country to the ground. There's material shortages throughout the entire country (some of my Venezuelan friends are saying it's extremely hard to find toilet paper and menstrual pads). There's also extreme repression against anyone who dares speak out against their government.

220px-Nicolas_Maduro-05-2013.jpg

The economy couldn't be worse, and inflation levels are currently higher than 56%. Leopoldo López, the man responsible for the revolution, was imprisoned not too long ago and chargdr with murder, conspiracy, and terrorism. All false claims. In return, the people of Venezuela are desperate. Students have taken to rioting in the streets, and currently, there's a murder approximately every 21 minutes. It's insane because the people causing these murders are the police and armed forces, those who are meant to be protecting the people. Maduro also shut down Twitter and Facebook on the country (pictures don't show up on the site), as well as prohibited CNN and other news media outlets of showing the riots and what's happening in the country to the rest of the world. 

Gas bombs and tear gas are being thrown everywhere, many students are getting beat and many have died on these riots. It's seriously crazy. 

san_cristobal_protest_venezuela_feb._27_

venezuela-protests-feb.-24-2014.jpg

venezuela-protests-feb.-24-2014-3.jpg

venezuela-unrest-feb.-20-2014.jpg

They make fire barriers to avoid the people from spreading the riots.

venezuela-unrest-feb.-20.-2014-3.jpg

130126021907-venezuela-prison-riot-story

image_update_0526fc6d62e9a415_1362595324

Venezuela-prison-riot-008.jpg

Student shot in the chest by police forces.

0.jpg

Army men beating a student for protesting peacefully (without violence).

Venezuela-protests-010.jpg

As outsiders, what can we do to help? Raise awareness. Let people know what's going on. China cut down it's 20 billion loan, so things are terrible in the country. It's also against the UN's humanitarian rights, just to get a glimpse of how f*cked up this entire situation is. 

• Joe Chip and Danz. like this

Myron
  • Myron

I shot Reagan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:19 PM Edited by Myron, 01 March 2014 - 08:20 PM.

Nice to see that CIA are putting US tax money to good use.

• Doc Rikowski, Lochie and JKan420 like this

Rented
  • Rented

GTA Vet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:19 PM

Riots in Ukraine, riots in Venezuela and Russia invading Ukraine...

qmeme_1394054177692_204.jpg

• Danz. likes this

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:44 PM

Their inflation rate is absolutely ridiculous. I'd probably be protesting myself.

Spoiler

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:03 PM

Damn this is crazy man. I'm bumping this for awareness!
I was working down in Colombia back in 2008-2010 (military TDY) and I remember hearing about how f*cked up Chavez was running things in Venezuela and was happy when his ass kicked it but now seeing how Maduro is handling sh*t even worse...f*ck dude.

Myron
  • Myron

I shot Reagan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:28 AM

I remember hearing about how f*cked up Chavez was running things in Venezuela and was happy when his ass kicked it

Funny, I'm pretty sure the majority of Venezuelans would disagree.

• Lochie likes this

Lochie
  • Lochie

darkness washed over the dude

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:31 AM Edited by Lochie, 20 March 2014 - 07:38 AM.

I'm interested to see whether the Venezuela government reasoning for expelling the US ambassador are true or just typical left wing bullsh*t. I wouldn't be surprised considering the whole ordeal of Chile in the 1970s and Indonesia in the 1960s though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users