Photo

"Living, breathing world" Not exactly

350 replies to this topic
DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:12 PM

Sorry but I wish I had your version of V because in mine I JUST tested yesterday I shot up the ammunation in little seoul and killed the owner. Robbed the registers and fled ij a car. I went around the freaking block and came back 30 seconds later to find the shop open and the owner alive again. He even waved and greeted me as a special customer and I was able to shop as usual.

Considering Mafia 2 handles this so much better for a game 3 years older than V there's just no excuse to have such a weak free roam. Nothing holds up in believable ways.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:26 PM

Sorry but I wish I had your version of V because in mine I JUST tested yesterday I shot up the ammunation in little seoul and killed the owner. Robbed the registers and fled ij a car. I went around the freaking block and came back 30 seconds later to find the shop open and the owner alive again. He even waved and greeted me as a special customer and I was able to shop as usual.

Considering Mafia 2 handles this so much better for a game 3 years older than V there's just no excuse to have such a weak free roam. Nothing holds up in believable ways.

Lol my version is also the same as the guy you are reply to,cus i rob a store came back hours late,and the Clerk killed me :) and stop with Mafia2 cus i have heard alot of people saying it "Sh*t" and the reviews will also support that a game getting 7.8/10 with all it RL crap against a game getting Perfect 10s with great attention to details,now which is better? i am sure it the Latter (GTA 5).

Los Santos Police Department
  • Los Santos Police Department

#MYLSPD

• Members
  • Bahrain
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:29 PM Edited by Los Santos Police Department, 05 March 2014 - 07:30 PM.

Lol my version is also the same as the guy you are reply to,cus i rob a store came back hours late,and the Clerk killed me :) and stop with Mafia2 cus i have heard alot of people saying it "Sh*t" and the reviews will also support that a game getting 7.8/10 with all it RL crap against a game getting Perfect 10s with great attention to details,now which is better? i am sure it the Latter (GTA 5).

Nobody cares about what the reviewers say. Only the gamer's opinion really matters IMO.

As for the store thing, you're right. But you have to give credit to mafia 2 for having a more realistic approach, but then again, that game has a smaller map and the main game isn't really freeroam.

• Bonnano likes this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:36 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 05 March 2014 - 07:40 PM.

Nobody cares about what the reviewers say. Only the gamer's opinion really matters IMO.

As for the store thing, you're right. But you have to give credit to mafia 2 for having a more realistic approach, but then again, that game has a smaller map and the main game isn't really freeroam.
Actually Alot of Gamers do,cus they want to see whether it great to buy even the Developers,Thief (2014) got a 6 from IGN and GS and the game havent even pass 1ml copies,and Square Enix just yesterday Fired 27 devs that made the game (IGN News) with Mafia2 bad review i am sure 2k will just make the Franchise die,same thing happened with Shenmue,so stop saying "Reviews doesnt matter" afterall alot of gamers do that these days,Bad review- Wont buy it,Great Review-I am buying it.

Edit:GTA2 got a 6 from IGN and it still managed to sell 3ml copies,even though it was 2D,that how Powerful GTA is,not just success but the Great Gameplay and ATDs/LOD (Attention to Details/Level of Details).

#MYLSPD

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:41 PM

Actually Alot of Gamers do,cus they want to see whether it great to buy even the Developers,Thief (2014) got a 6 from IGN and GS and the game havent even pass 1ml copies,and Square Enix just yesterday Fired 27 devs that made the game (IGN News) with Mafia2 bad review i am sure 2k will just make the Franchise die,same thing happened with Shenmue,so stop saying "Reviews doesnt matter" afterall alot of gamers do that these days,Bad review- Wont buy it,Great Review-I am buying it.

Reviews aren't always true, so they don't really matter. Some gave GTA V a 10 out of 10, even though it isn't perfect and has flaws. I give it an 8 out of 10 personally. 

As I have already said:

Only the gamer's opinion really matters IMO.

• Bonnano likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:41 PM

You act like you know everything.  

Mafia works differently than GTA, their wanted level is based on the form of recognition. You can have a four star wanted level and as soon as you get out of a car you loose them because people didnt get close enough to have a make of you. Plus you're trying in the wrong places, an ammunation store is not a place you're ment to rob, go rob a convenience store then it'll be closed, keep robbing the same place and eventually the police'll do something.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:53 PM

Mafia works differently than GTA, their wanted level is based on the form of recognition. You can have a four star wanted level and as soon as you get out of a car you loose them because people didnt get close enough to have a make of you. Plus you're trying in the wrong places, an ammunation store is not a place you're ment to rob, go rob a convenience store then it'll be closed, keep robbing the same place and eventually the police'll do something.

So because I murdered and robbed the "wrong" store, the game can't handle that? Perfect example of the shortsighted scripted nature of V. Weak magic illusion of having life but really easily falls apart.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:14 PM Edited by Officer Ronson, 05 March 2014 - 08:19 PM.

No, you're rambling about the clerk you just killed to recognize you. How do you want the game to be capable to do that? Ammunation is an important store within the game, so even if you kill a clerk another could take it's place and still be the same guy. in Mafia the same thing happened, you killed the clerk then after some time it would be the same guy who greets you... wait its not just the same guy in one store... ITS THE f*ckING SAME GUY IN EVERY SINGLE f*ckING STORE.

So now you tell me this game can have this guy respawn and greet you like nothing but this other one cant? Explain please.

• Los Santos Police Department likes this

#MYLSPD

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:25 PM

ITS THE f*ckING SAME GUY IN EVERY SINGLE f*ckING STORE.

Yeah, that same blonde chick (shopkeeper) always spawned after getting killed. :lol:

In GTA V, the same shop can have (at least) 3 or 4 different shopkeeper skins, so if a Chinese one dies, he can get replaced by an Indian or a hispanic one.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:36 PM

There are also 3 unique shopkeepers such as the Sandy Shores ammo guy, the Downtown shooting range one and the pessimistic blondie near the Rockford Plaza.

Shade04rek
  • Shade04rek

Nothin But A Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:42 PM Edited by Shade04rek, 05 March 2014 - 08:50 PM.

unique? lol well.. they all have different voices and a few skin changes.

It is stupid that the hood people, gangsters and general hood black people or hood hispanics dont spawn anywhere else in the city. I suppose in the gta world los santos passed a law that they cant leave the hood, nope no beach, or anything. 

lol what if it was so? imagine random gang shootouts in anywhere in the city at all, or at the non existent mall.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:46 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 05 March 2014 - 08:48 PM.

ITS THE f*ckING SAME GUY IN EVERY SINGLE f*ckING STORE.

Yeah, that same blonde chick (shopkeeper) always spawned after getting killed. :lol:

In GTA V, the same shop can have (at least) 3 or 4 different shopkeeper skins, so if a Chinese one dies, he can get replaced by an Indian or a hispanic one.

Lool :)

anyways Angry Joe is a gamer and a youtube celeb with 1ml subs and he gave the game a 9/10,and some reviewers in IGN and Gamespot are Gamers,even though most of them are Retards and Tw@ts.

#MYLSPD

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:49 PM Edited by Los Santos Police Department, 05 March 2014 - 08:49 PM.

I don't care what Angry Joe thinks about the game, and IGN and Gamespot have bias, something you need to understand.

They can be paid by anyone to make GTA V look good (or any other game for that matter).

I'm saying that a true gamer's opinion is important, not a person who makes money off of their opinions.

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:50 PM Edited by Bonnano, 05 March 2014 - 08:51 PM.

It is stupid that the hood people, gangsters and general hood black people or hood hispanics dont spawn anywhere else in the city. I suppose in the gta world los santos passed a law that they cant leave the hood, nope no beach, or anything.

They all say different things to each protagonist if you pay attention. When the black guy enters (Frank) the clerk discusses about rap life, ballas, and gangsters in general. When Trevor enters an ammunation in Sandy Shores, they talk like old pals. When Michael... f*ck this, I don't know if there is Mike has any relationship with the clerks.

@LSPD, I don't know man, Angry Joe seems legit. His Rambo review was so f*cking hilarious. TotalBiscuit won't even review the game since he is strictly a PC version fella.

davetopper
  • davetopper

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:52 PM

That's pretty much it. Hit a convenience store more than once and it gets interesting. And the shops and the ammunation aren't meant to be robbed so that is going to be different. 

Have you ever sat in your apartment watching tv and other people play Ronson? I don't think it's the game, it's the players. I have about as much a clue as to what these people are doing as they do. They're running all over when on foot, crashing into everything driving, and can't be in the air flying for longer than 10 seconds. 

The dude I am watching now just seriously has to be higher than a kite. 

Shade04rek
  • Shade04rek

Nothin But A Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:58 PM Edited by Shade04rek, 05 March 2014 - 09:01 PM.

They all say different things to each protagonist if you pay attention. When the black guy enters (Frank) the clerk discusses about rap life, ballas, and gangsters in general. When Trevor enters an ammunation in Sandy Shores, they talk like old pals. When Michael... f*ck this, I don't know if there is Mike has any relationship with the clerks.

@LSPD, I don't know man, Angry Joe seems legit. His Rambo review was so f*cking hilarious. TotalBiscuit won't even review the game since he is strictly a PC version fella.

I'll give you this one since this is way more effort put in to detail than in many other places. It would have been more of a living breathing world if different random races of people that are also gun nut types that change out shifts, maybe not the one in sandy shores, but hell they have a black barbor lady though, since only they are able to open up barbor shops in LS. Thats what I mean though, even if I'm a regular, I should never be able to guess the apparent only damn person that works at every shop in the city, thats another thing that makes you realize its all set up poorly.

#MYLSPD

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:01 PM

Most of the time they are, but they can still say go wrong, like with Aliens: Colonial Marines (I'm talking about other reviewers here).

• Bonnano likes this

GúnZinEss
  • GúnZinEss

Trick

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:44 PM

Angry joe is just a casual gamer, meaning that if he plays a game, he ends it, and move on to another game to play it and then review it. you can take his word if you wanna play a random game, but if you are a fan of a series, like gta for example, his opinion will be useless, because he doesnt have the same interest in the game than you do, he will forget about the game later, and you wont, totally diferent perspectives.

And... seriously, knowing how washed up the official games reviewers are nowadays, and how easy is to pay them to rate a game perfectly, who gives a f*ck about what they think about them? Have some personality and rate it by yourself!
  • GutterMouthPWG, Ermac. and Los Santos Police Department like this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:00 PM Edited by Official General, 06 March 2014 - 08:47 AM.

PkUnzipper I think the problem is (and I've said it before) that big companies are too fixated on games = Hollywood. That they want their games to be like movies, they are getting more and more linear. Comare the freedom in games 5 years ago with now, there's definitely less depeding on where you look.

You could for instance completely take out the free roaming from GTA and it'd look and sound like a bad movie. I don't understand the obsession that some game devs and publishers of trying to emulate Hollywood where it's sequels ad rehashed films every few years

:^: :^: :^: This is also one of my main themes, and sore points, about the wrong direction the GTA series is going.  Rockstar and the Housers think they are hotshot moviemakers, but exactly as you say, they are bad ones at that.  The stories and scripts are somewhere between a mashup of movie cliches and failed Tarantino-like homages to famous movie scenes, but the nature of video games is 100x removed from the engagement, emotion and subtlety that live actors, good writers and good directors create.  So it doesn't work. 

So I pity the many hundreds of artists and technicians and developers that work 16 hour days, turning these middling scripts into machinima and turn-the-crank linear missions. 

Your statement is right on! 

I'm very much inclined to agree with this  :^:

I felt the same way. I too think Rockstar tried too hard take GTA V down that 'Hollywood' angle, and they became obsessed with parodying it. As a result, V has come off looking like some cheap, B-action movie with a weak script, second rate characters and corny dialogue. That's exactly how many of the scenes and events in the game seemed to me. They should have stuck to the essential ingredients that made GTA great I the first place, it needs to return to it's roots.

There was a time when Rockstar just wrote very simple, straightforward, but very entertaining, explosive and gripping storylines/scripts for their GTA titles before V. Even Vice City with it's Scarface and Miami Vice influences has it's own distinct feel and identity. 
  • DutchGangsta likes this

DutchGangsta
  • DutchGangsta

Actually nice Online ^^

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:31 PM

PkUnzipper I think the problem is (and I've said it before) that big companies are too fixated on games = Hollywood. That they want their games to be like movies, they are getting more and more linear. Comare the freedom in games 5 years ago with now, there's definitely less depeding on where you look.

You could for instance completely take out the free roaming from GTA and it'd look and sound like a bad movie. I don't understand the obsession that some game devs and publishers of trying to emulate Hollywood where it's sequels ad rehashed films every few years

:^: :^: :^: This is also one of my main themes, and sore points, about the wrong direction the GTA series is going.  Rockstar and the Housers think they are hotshot moviemakers, but exactly as you say, they are bad ones at that.  The stories and scripts are somewhere between a mashup of movie cliches and failed Tarantino-like homages to famous movie scenes, but the nature of video games is 100x removed from the engagement, emotion and subtlety that live actors, good writers and good directors create.  So it doesn't work. 

So I pity the many hundreds of artists and technicians and developers that work 16 hour days, turning these middling scripts into machinima and turn-the-crank linear missions. 

Your statement is right on! 

I'm very much inclined to agree with this  :^:

I felt the same way. I too think Rockstar tried to take GTA V down that 'Hollywood' angle. As a result, V has come off looking like some cheap, B-action movie with a weak script, second rate characters and corny dialogue. That's exactly how many of the scenes and events in the game seemed to me. 

There was a time when Rockstar just wrote very simple, straightforward, but very entertaining, explosive and gripping storylines/scripts for their GTA titles before V. Even Vice City with it's Scarface and Miami Vice influences has it's own distinct feel and identity. 

I can agree that with you that GTA V feels too much Hollywood like, it makes the story weaker. They should just stick to the stories you're talking about.

Best story was in IV and RDR (talking about all R* games now).

• Official General, Bonnano and Los Santos Police Department like this

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:20 AM

Found another annoying example of the poor scripting this game uses in it's handling of AI in the world.

Grab a BMX bike and slowly peddle up near a pedestrian. Now spam click in the left analog stick as if you were honking your horn.

Even though BMX bikes don't have any horn and make no noise, the AI still reacts as if you were honking your horn repeatedly and obnoxiously at them, and get scared/angry at you.

Just another example of how simplified and broken the AI interaction in this game really is.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:46 AM

Its been like that almost every game, its a horn. Its identified as a horn, thats why it annoys the AI. I would actually get pissed off too if somebody ringed at my side repeatedly because it would be f*cking annoying.

• Bonnano and DutchGangsta like this

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:59 AM

Its been like that almost every game, its a horn. Its identified as a horn, thats why it annoys the AI. I would actually get pissed off too if somebody ringed at my side repeatedly because it would be f*cking annoying.

You missed the point..........................

There is no horn. There's nothing on BMX bikes. I'm spamming a key that isn't doing anything in the game that I can perceive. It's a way of exploiting the extremely basic scripting system employed in V that spamming the left click button does the same thing regardless of what's actually supposed to be causing it in the game world.

In a car honking a horn? Fine.

On a bike with a bell? Fine.

BMX bike with absolutely no "horn" attached to it, and having it irritate pedestrians as if it did have a horn? Problem.

http://gta.wikia.com/BMX

Direct from the wiki:

YAtf4bo.png

Syphiroth
  • Syphiroth

ʟᴏs ᴀɴᴛʀᴀх 5-7

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:57 AM Edited by Syphiroth, 06 March 2014 - 06:05 AM.

lol what if it was so? imagine random gang shootouts in anywhere in the city at all, or at the non existent mall.

You kind of answered your own question/confusion bro... "Hood people", they turfed, they protecting the turf, the black street life of a gangster is not structured like the once upon a time Italian Mob's or the Yakuza. Black street gangs are similar to the (Italian) Calabrian Clan in terms, if you got the money, you got the power. But, same time any one can knock you straight off the top within seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months or years, it don't matter. It's how they actually survive and confuse law enforcement because it has no official/real or legit ranking systems, where like other once dominant organisation's have (or had) that official ranking of power structure and rules.
Tweaker Tonya even mentions that Franklin is selling out and becoming all "vinewood" as in a gangster looking to do what modern day gangsters do..get rich from selling a criminal story about themselves but Franklin as we know is not doing that but it's what the game is trying to get across;
1. Shine light on what is a bullsh*t way of life in this day and age of being a street hustling level gangster no matter your culture. Today it's all glorified by movies of past gangsters/criminals and killers who sold out or stayed true to it's gang/mob code for the reason it was invented, inherited and the gang/mob life had a powerful meaning and stood for something.
2. GTA series is putting this game outside (or ending) the usual and easiest storyline of the gang/mob life. It's showing you that even back when we thought the Gang/Mafia's in America was powerful, they just slaves to the government and law enforcement. As much as the gang/mob life looks powerful, feared and respected, from it's start-to-now, it's always been the "legal" organisations pulling the strings.

GTA5 games story about the government and law enforcement and how for years and years across the world has used criminal groups (Black, Italian, Mexican, Hispanic, Russian, Irish, Jewish, Chinese, etc) but in GTA5 we get to an option to have our say to them puppet masters, or other option's and you can stay as a used slave, sellout and PG tree hugging pussy.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:21 AM

You kind of answered your own question/confusion bro... "Hood people", they turfed, they protecting the turf, the black street life of a gangster is not structured like the once upon a time Italian Mob's or the Yakuza. Black street gangs are similar to the (Italian) Calabrian Clan in terms, if you got the money, you got the power. But, same time any one can knock you straight off the top within seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months or years, it don't matter. It's how they actually survive and confuse law enforcement because it has no official/real or legit ranking systems, where like other once dominant organisation's have (or had) that official ranking of power structure and rules.
Tweaker Tonya even mentions that Franklin is selling out and becoming all "vinewood" as in a gangster looking to do what modern day gangsters do..get rich from selling a criminal story about themselves but Franklin as we know is not doing that but it's what the game is trying to get across;
1. Shine light on what is a bullsh*t way of life in this day and age of being a street hustling level gangster no matter your culture. Today it's all glorified by movies of past gangsters/criminals and killers who sold out or stayed true to it's gang/mob code for the reason it was invented, inherited and the gang/mob life had a powerful meaning and stood for something.
2. GTA series is putting this game outside (or ending) the usual and easiest storyline of the gang/mob life. It's showing you that even back when we thought the Gang/Mafia's in America was powerful, they just slaves to the government and law enforcement. As much as the gang/mob life looks powerful, feared and respected, from it's start-to-now, it's always been the "legal" organisations pulling the strings.
GTA5 games story about the government and law enforcement and how for years and years across the world has used criminal groups (Black, Italian, Mexican, Hispanic, Russian, Irish, Jewish, Chinese, etc) but in GTA5 we get to an option to have our say to them puppet masters, or other option's and you can stay as a used slave, sellout and PG tree hugging pussy.

@ Syphiroth

Yeah well it turned out to be a sh*t, boring story and script that did not feel like GTA. I just don't think that government stuff really cut the ice with many people, me myself definitely inucluded.

Syphiroth
  • Syphiroth

ʟᴏs ᴀɴᴛʀᴀх 5-7

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:33 AM

@Official Gen,

I understand that too man. I'm only expressing why the hood isn't up on Hollywood stars footpath slinging dope and drinking gin and juice whilst tipping some out on the curb for a brother. Just GTA5 focused on the real organized criminal group that's legally allowed to run operations that's the government. With splitting and showing how criminal gangs-mobs are not feared or really organized in this day and age..
GTA/Rockstar do have to try new adventures and yeah maybe with V it f*cked up but outside the gang and mafia story or connections I think a lot more was f*cked up in the game... Or wasted like the ocean's length...

GTAgamerCR7
  • GTAgamerCR7

Player Hater

• Members
  • El-Salvador

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:46 AM Edited by GTAgamerCR7, 06 March 2014 - 11:51 AM.

Yeah well it turned out to be a sh*t, boring story and script that did not feel like GTA. I just don't think that government stuff really cut the ice with many people, me myself definitely inucluded.

What does a game have to do to make a good story for you, as i've heard a lot people think that having too many subplots makes the story better, Feeling is also subjective. GTA 5's plot has a few other things going for it besides the government plot.

Also something GTA 5 does better is that at least Devin and Steve had actual reasons to betray the MIchael as opposed to Dimitri who said I betrayed because you are a bottom feeder peasant. Yeah explain that to me.

Bill Williamson
  • Bill Williamson

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:59 AM Edited by Bill Williamson, 06 March 2014 - 01:13 PM.

@ Syphiroth

Oh yes, there is an army of GTA fans headed by Official General, that are so dissapointed and angry with the game that they will cause the whole franchise to go bust...Will you perhaps lead a revolution against the naughty company that is Rockstar, or will you fade into obscurity knowing that no other can see what a dark path GTA has taken? The horde awaits your command!

Seriously now, I am new here so maybe I missed something obvious...is Official General a troll or something? Because if his posts reflect his actual thinking process then he is indeed the pinnacle of stupidity.

ON TOPIC: I think LS has the right feel and, for me atleast, it feels very much alive. The hikers, animals, amount of pedestrian dialogue, the way they interact with the world, even the placement of random events, all of it reflects the superficial nature of Los Santos but with a deeper meaning below the surface (IMO). It is definitely my favourite GTA...Having said that, I don t think the same approach would have worked with Liberty City (comparing with GTA IV because no other installment comes close), there was hate directed towards it s gritty atmosphere and overall feel yeah, but I absolutely loved it, it was perfect for the setting. It felt a bit more silly to me with the npc dialogue and fatty cops sure, but I actually like the more realistic approach they have undertaken with GTA V. It is simply something people are going to have to accept.

GTAgamerCR7
  • GTAgamerCR7

Player Hater

• Members
  • El-Salvador

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

@ Syphiroth

Oh yes, there is an army of GTA fans headed by Official General, that are so dissapointed and angry with the game that they will cause the whole franchise to go bust...Will you perhaps lead a revolution against the naughty company that is Rockstar, or will you fade into obscurity knowing that no other can see what a dark path GTA has taken? Your horde awaits your command!

Seriously now, I am new here so maybe I missed something obvious...is Official General a troll or something? Because if his posts reflect his actual thinking process then he is indeed the pinnacle of stupidity.

ON TOPIC: I think LS has the right feel and, for me atleast, it feels very much alive. The hikers, animals, amount of pedestrian dialogue, the way they interact with the world, even the placement of random events, all of it reflects the superficial nature of Los Santos but with a deeper meaning below the surface (IMO). It is definitely my favourite GTA...Having said that, I don t think the same approach would have worked with Liberty City (comparing with GTA IV because no other installment comes close), there was hate directed towards it s gritty atmosphere and overall feel yeah, but I absolutely loved it, it was perfect for the setting. It felt a bit more silly to me with the npc dialogue and fatty cops sure, but I actually like the more realistic approach they have undertaken with GTA V. It is simply something people are going to have to accept.

Finally someone with actual sense.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:25 PM Edited by Official General, 06 March 2014 - 02:31 PM.

What does a game have to do to make a good story for you, as i've heard a lot people think that having too many subplots makes the story better, Feeling is also subjective. GTA 5's plot has a few other things going for it besides the government plot.

Also something GTA 5 does better is that at least Devin and Steve had actual reasons to betray the MIchael as opposed to Dimitri who said I betrayed because you are a bottom feeder peasant. Yeah explain that to me.

It's not for me to work out what a good story for GTA would be, that's Rockstar's job. All the previous GTAs had good stories, with Vice City being my favorite, followed by GTA IV and San Andreas. RDR had a good story. Those are ready-made examples right there. Most of GTA V's plot felt like it was to do with that federal agent and government stuff, the bulk of the story seemed to revolve around it, despite the fact that there were other sub-plots in the game that were different in theme. 

Dimitri betrayed Niko because of one simple reason - Dimitri is a scheming, double-crossing, ruthless mob boss who will use and betray anyone if it best served his self-interests. That was enough to wanna badly kill him and really hate him. The key to the success of this here, is that Rockstar stuck to a simple script and theme that is typical of GTA, they just added a new twist and flavor to it, by making the antagonist a Russian mob boss. 

@ Bill Williamson

Join my fan club and add to my fame. Publicity is all good, I look forward to your replies to my posts, it's great to know that you have also joined the line of many others desperately seeking my attention. But I must warn you that I cannot always reply to you soon enough - there is so much demand for my attention from other forum users on here, my popularity level has surged, so much that I'm struggling to keep up with replies. But if you wait patiently, in due course I will attend to you. 

Thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users