Photo

Approved Custom Deathmatches (XBOX)

144 replies to this topic
AlkoOlicK
  • AlkoOlicK

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:00 PM Edited by AlkoOlicK, 02 April 2014 - 07:37 AM.

Hey guys!

First, i wanted to thank you for this great idea! I love the idea of testing the map, if you ever need some tester GT is: AlkoOlicK

So, i just saw i missed my chance for today but i would, anyway, like to register for the next one. I Got plently of TDM but i got two that i would like you guys to try and leave me feedback on.

Bodom Beach Terror (2-16) [179 liked it]

http://rsg.ms/1hV4MEG

In this one you can either fight over the roof or take the street level. After 250 played, i still discover new strategical approach! - There won't be any spawn kill since there is 4 spawn location, each of em will easily bring you back in the action with no confusion of where you are. [sniper's choice]

[New] Un voisinage de détraqué (2-16) [41 liked it]

http://rsg.ms/Qzs7WB

Heavy fight over 2 simple neighbor roof, this creation might just be at pleasure of all TDM lovers, attack the enemy from one roof to the other one or use the bridge in the middle to go kick their asses in their own base.

[sniper, assault and shotgun will find their way]

I'll follow this topic

So thank you guys and seriously, great work!

dedeto
  • dedeto

ananızı sikim orospu šocukları

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:50 PM

Hey guys!

First, i wanted to thank you for this great idea! I love the idea of testing the map, if you ever need some tester GT is: AlkoOlicK

So, i just saw i missed my chance for today but i would, anyway, like to register for the next one. I Got plently of TDM but i got two that i would like you guys to try and leave me feedback on.

Thanks for sharing your creations with us.We will add your maps into next round when this one gets finished.

Also,I appreciate your willingness to work with our judges,we will take your request into consideration,thanks.

• AlkoOlicK likes this

The Jackal 4563
  • The Jackal 4563

Crew accountant.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:47 AM Edited by The Jackal 4563, 03 April 2014 - 08:09 AM.

These are my reviews for Round 4 of Death-match maps.

Halley Berry or Hallelujah http://rsg.ms/1hhM2ir : (-)

My feelings about this map are complicated. I absolutely love how much work you put into making the "Lowlife" base, as well as putting in police vehicles for the other team to "raid" the enemy team with. I know you requested that I try this in free-aim, but barely any players would join, and those that did, left immediately because of whatever bull crap reason they had. So I was left with no choice but to try in auto-aim for this match. Having played enough free-aim matches I can imagine how it would have went regardless (a bit different, but not by much). What killed this map for me wasn't the combat on the map itself, but the locations of spawn points and weapon points were poorly chosen. But the thing is, the player spawns would have been fine if the weapon spawns didn't promote fighting over the one sniper spawn on top of the hill, or the weapon spawns you had would have been fine if the spawn locations were more area regulated, as opposed to just all over the place evenly. With some work with spawning locations (or prop usage, whichever you prefer), this can be a great one to have. But as it is now, no one in the matches I played really enjoyed it, even the teams that won.

Lazer Jet Battle 2.0 http://rsg.ms/QAE1j3 : (+)

(This map was reviewed in a previous round, but was given conditions to meet in order to get a positive) Same as before: Vehicle Deathmatch, Lazer Jets, 2-16 players, mainly in Blaine County. The spawns have been corrected and more consolidated as mentioned in our reviews last time. This will be an excellent addition to the Vehicle Deathmatch list. This is one of those maps that "It just needs to be made eventually." This one is staying in my bookmarks.

Damned If You Don't http://rsg.ms/1gNqIBj : (+)

TDM, Forced and Pickups (pump shotgun), up to 16 players. This map is an interesting take on the "Shotty/Snipers" gamemode. Sufficient prop placement to avoid snipe spawn killing, and just enough for the shotgun fights that happen on the dam. Plenty of shotgun ammo around so players don't have to worry about running out, and just having only two sniper rifle spawns on each side is a wise choice, so most of the players are still forced to get into close combat with their opponents. A simple yet solid map!

Unfinished Business http://rsg.ms/1gNsJx6 : (+ : But with conditions)

Forced SMGs, 2-8 players, Team Death match. This close quarters map is a prime location, expertly selected forced weapon for the occasion. Very fast paced at some moments, a practical stalemate at other moments (not the case in free-aim though, which made for a really fun and intense tdm!). This would have gotten my unconditional approval, save it be for how the map handles auto-aim lobbies. There aren't enough props to be able to maneuver close enough to close the gap if one side wanted to without being blasted with bullets the moment they went out of cover. I'm not saying we weren't able to break the stalemates eventually, but there were just too many moments where we could point out exactly where our opponents were, but neither side was willing to move even their head out of cover, fearing that they are gonna get auto-aimed in the face in a half a second. Simply adding in some more low cover (or tall cover as well, but don't go crazy with tall cover or it will be just more effective to just run up and punch them instead). tl;dr version of conditions: Add more cover to make auto-aim matches more streamlined in their combat action, and this map is good to go.

Subway - "Die Fresh" http://rsg.ms/QHrM4o : (-)

Owned and pickups, 2-12 players, Team Death Match. The area chosen for the TDM is an area I've seen used before, but for a good reason: the over ground/ under ground dynamic is just too good to pass up. What caught me off guard was that one team started on the surface, while the other team started at the station underground. Yes, the weapons were evenly spread out between the surface and the underground, and there were mini gun spawns and rpg spawns so that even low level players can pick them up to even the odds against level 120s. What broke the map for me (and most of the people I played with were two things: 1) Spawning 2) prop usage. Starting with the first one then, spawning. Having the teams start off separate from each other by means of elevation is definitely neat, and watching them clash as they meet at the halfway point from each other was a great intense moment. But once the fighting broke down into spawn locations, Most players seemingly spawned in the most awkward of locations, either right in front/behind an enemy, or in an area where the player has to get their bearings again in order to get back into the fight. We had a full match, so this got out of hand fast. Secondly, the prop usage. One would think where all the fighting would go down (the midway point between the two teams), there would be more cover to use. But since most of the cover was at either team's spawn, it was better to just wait for the other team to come to you, instead of wanting to fight for the risky middle ground. It motivates people to fight for the middle area more as well if you put the power weapons in the middle area, not at their spawns. Put this map through its needed overhaul, and nominate this for a later round. A good deathmatch area for sure, it just needs some work.

Rehab Unaccomplished http://rsg.ms/PPSVSa : (-)

Forced and Pickups (pistol forced), 4-6 players, Free-for-all. This match had a sort of "Classy Construction" kind of feel, with the limited weapons and all. I do like that even if you have the power weapons like the carbine rifle or the grenades/stickies, it's only temporary and not game breaking imbalance. The RPG on top of the house, however, was never touched, mainly because we either couldn't figure out how to get up there, or even when we did, you couldn't get up there safely in time without getting shot from every direction. It may as well not have been there. The lack of props for cover in the more centralized areas also left the map open to spawns that put you right next to an enemy, or the enemy spawning really close to you without anything you can do about it. I won both matches (auto-aim and free-aim), and I still didn't feel like it was justified, mainly because I just got lucky spawns that I could be an opportunist about. Putting more props in good locations, and replacing spawns accordingly can improve this map greatly. I can see your vision for this map, but it just felt incomplete.

Tanks in Los Santos 2.0 http://rsg.ms/1j2SE7Y : (-)

After having it reviewed last time, and even seeing the spawns placed much closer this time, I realize now that a free-for-all vehicle deathmatch with tanks, but with nothing special aside from that (like clever usage of props and such to spice things up), is just not enough. It's just shoot enemy tank, get one kill, get killed by another player in one hit due to all the damage you can't regenerate, respawn, kill another tank in two hits or so, then have the same happen to you. Wash, rinse, repeat. Your Jet deathmatch made it because it involved all 3 dimensions instead of just two like tank deathmatches are restricted to. A tank deathmatch has to make up for that missing dimension of awesome by having something else with it to spice things up, but there just isn't anything here aside from exchanging tank rounds. Unless you can show me that your usage of props can add a new dynamic to tank deathmatches in the city, this will continue to keep its (-) from me.

~~~~~~~~

It pains me to have to put up so many (-), but I must be honest with my reviews, otherwise what is the point with having this thread? I really do want to see the map creators of these maps improve and come up with the new best thing since sliced bread! But we must take the highs with the lows that comes with inventing ideas. Shoot, I have had my fair share of maps I've made, then sat back and just thought "...Holy crap I thought this was a good idea?"

This concludes my reviews for Round 4. I eagerly await the next round, and applaud everyone that willing put their creations out there to take constructive criticisms in a public forum. 

• Sangers likes this

Sangers
  • Sangers

Hustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:48 AM

Nominations for 4th round are closed from now on!We have great number of maps in this round.Judges will review them and post the results as soon as possible

epic. Thanks for adding mine!

jss14
  • jss14

Rat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:59 AM

I'll nominate these again..I thought I did before for round 4 but I guess not hehe..well I got 2 more for the next round

Eastern Motel Party
TEAM DEATHMATCH
4-12 players

http://socialclub.ro...QQ?platformId=1

Pistol, Pistol
DEATHMATCH
2-6 players

http://socialclub.ro...qg?platformId=1

The Jackal 4563
  • The Jackal 4563

Crew accountant.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:06 AM

I'll nominate these again..I thought I did before for round 4 but I guess not hehe..well I got 2 more for the next round

Eastern Motel Party
TEAM DEATHMATCH
4-12 players

Pistol, Pistol
DEATHMATCH
2-6 players

Shoot! I can't believe we forgot these. These were posted back on page 2 of this thread no less! I'm terribly sorry about this oversight, and we shall add them in next round. I may even convince the other judges to review them this round.

• Sangers and AlkoOlicK like this

dedeto
  • dedeto

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:57 AM Edited by dedeto, 01 April 2014 - 09:58 AM.

Eastern Motel Party
TEAM DEATHMATCH
4-12 players

Pistol, Pistol
DEATHMATCH
2-6 players

We didn't forget these ones,just didn't add for this round.If you want your maps to be reviewed,you should nominate them "clearly" for a round.Saying "Parking War 2 for this round,other ones for next round" doesn't mean you nominate them or we accept them for the next round.I'm not blaming you,just making this point clear, please nominate your maps clearly for a round and respect our nomination form described in the first post (everyone)

PlamenVT
  • PlamenVT

Intelligent Hoodlum

• Members

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:42 AM Edited by PlamenVT, 01 April 2014 - 11:28 AM.

Thanks for the review, Jackal.

As I said before you can't play the map in Assisted Aiming, I did it as well once and I agree it sucks.  It can definitely sucks as well if you play with strangers because this is for Teamplay, not for lone warriors just being in the same team. You need communication within the team, strategy etc.

We played it over 20 times in Free-aim (at least 10 of them were in Full lobby), I made 7 revisions gradually over the time.

Ever since the 1st draft revision everybody loved the map we had so much fun it. I had multiple requests to replay it and host it again and again. I had numerous feedback given as well, I play with a group of creators and we always give each other direct & yet constructive feedback.

The job stats are: 143 times played, 111 likes, 7 dislikes (Rating 94%)

No complaints ever about the spawn points/weapon placement either (besides the sniper spot which was adjusted), and I carefully selected one by one each of those 50 spawn points (I revised them over 5 times), props placement is carefully thought out as well.  The Spawn points selection was according to having always a place to spawn where you cannot be spawn killed that easy (next to bush, a tree or a prop placed to have a cover).  Availability of weapons and spawn point positioning next to weapons are limited for a reason (same goes for the sniper as well) - in order to give advantage to whoever controls the Bunker. Even if you have only a pistol (forced weapon) it's quite easy you can sneak near the Bunker and make kills. This is rather balancing on your chances for both teams Bunker and outside Bunker. 

Most of my deathmatches have around 7-15 revisions due to the feedback given, but unfortunately in this case there's nothing I could take from your feedback, besides that I will make a double check of all spawn points if they fit the concept I explained above. But I simply cannot change a map which is already successful and ruin it for no reason.

I hope you understand. I appreciate you taking the time to play and review it. Keep in touch.

And I suggest you gather a team of testers for making reviews in the future. You will not have problems in playing in Free-aim and gathering enough people, also playing with randoms often gives you bunch of ignorant kids (nobody cares what they think). I already invited you to our Creator Events, the next one is on Sunday. Join us please and we can make some proper job reviews together (sign up here, all 12 Creator spots are taken, but we have 4 places for testers)

These are my reviews for Round 4 of Deathmatch maps. This post will be added onto as I review the rest of the maps.

Halley Berry or Hallelujah http://rsg.ms/1hhM2ir : (-)

My feelings about this map are complicated. I absolutely love how much work you put into making the "Lowlife" base, as well as putting in police vehicles for the other team to "raid" the enemy team with. I know you requested that I try this in free-aim, but barely any players would join, and those that did, left immediately because of whatever bull crap reason they had. So I was left with no choice but to try in auto-aim for this match. Having played enough free-aim matches I can imagine how it would have went regardless (a bit different, but not by much). What killed this map for me wasn't the combat on the map itself, but the locations of spawn points and weapon points were poorly chosen. But the thing is, the player spawns would have been fine if the weapon spawns didn't promote fighting over the one sniper spawn on top of the hill, or the weapon spawns you had would have been fine if the spawn locations were more area regulated, as opposed to just all over the place evenly. With some work with spawning locations (or prop usage, whichever you prefer), this can be a great one to have. But as it is now, no one in the matches I played really enjoyed it, even the teams that won.

Lazer Jet Battle 2.0 http://rsg.ms/QAE1j3 : (+)

(This map was reviewed in a previous round, but was given conditions to meet in order to get a positive) Same as before: Vehicle Deathmatch, Lazer Jets, 2-16 players, mainly in Blaine County. The spawns have been corrected and more consolidated as mentioned in our reviews last time. This will be an excellent addition to the Vehicle Deathmatch list. This is one of those maps that "It just needs to be made eventually." This one is staying in my bookmarks.

Damned If You Don't http://rsg.ms/1gNqIBj : (+)

TDM, Forced and Pickups (pump shotgun), up to 16 players. This map is an interesting take on the "Shotty/Snipers" gamemode. Sufficient prop placement to avoid snipe spawn killing, and just enough for the shotgun fights that happen on the dam. Plenty of shotgun ammo around so players don't have to worry about running out, and just having one sniper rifle spawn on each side is a wise choice, so most of the players are still forced to get into close combat with their opponents. A simple yet solid map!

• The Jackal 4563 likes this

Sangers
  • Sangers

Hustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:38 AM

...This post will be added onto as I review the rest of the maps.

The suspense...! haha. Thanks for reviewing my "Dam" TDM. Glad you approved of it!

The Jackal 4563
  • The Jackal 4563

Crew accountant.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:14 AM

My Round 4 review post has been completed. Any questions you have concerning this, or if you want me to go into further detail, PM me and I'll help out as much as I can.

• Sangers likes this

Sangers
  • Sangers

Hustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:26 PM

My Round 4 review post has been completed. Any questions you have concerning this, or if you want me to go into further detail, PM me and I'll help out as much as I can.

Thanks for reviewing and thanks heaps for the feedback.

With Unfinished Business, I do agree that it very much can come down to a stalemate sometimes and requires one team to sneak around the alternate side but if you have a full lobby, sometimes both sides can be covered so you have a full stalemate situation. It's a pretty tight map though so adding more cover may take more away than add I think. What do you think about adding a grenade spawn on either side of the map to break these stalemates. When we play, it's usually broken bu shooting whilst in cover. Grenades would do the trick a lot more quickly.

The Jackal 4563
  • The Jackal 4563

Crew accountant.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:58 PM

With Unfinished Business, I do agree that it very much can come down to a stalemate sometimes and requires one team to sneak around the alternate side but if you have a full lobby, sometimes both sides can be covered so you have a full stalemate situation. It's a pretty tight map though so adding more cover may take more away than add I think. What do you think about adding a grenade spawn on either side of the map to break these stalemates. When we play, it's usually broken bu shooting whilst in cover. Grenades would do the trick a lot more quickly.

Hrm. I would normally be grateful for grenades to be placed in for situations like this, but like I said, this map is perfect for free-aim because any potential stalemates just get quickly sorted out by whoever positioned themselves better and had the better aim. I'd rather not break it down even just a little bit by adding grenades as well. If you must, then add them. I will keep my (+) because of that. But if possible, try to find a way to use props to break up stalemates. cut off the more long range lanes of threat that a player can use on the enemy with props, but not all of them. You'd be surprised what a simple 6 foot tall narrow sign can do, or a simple 6 foot tall machinery box can do to a map's combat dynamic.

• Sangers likes this

jss14
  • jss14

Rat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:58 PM

Eastern Motel Party
TEAM DEATHMATCH
4-12 players

Pistol, Pistol
DEATHMATCH
2-6 players

We didn't forget these ones,just didn't add for this round.If you want your maps to be reviewed,you should nominate them "clearly" for a round.Saying "Parking War 2 for this round,other ones for next round" doesn't mean you nominate them or we accept them for the next round.I'm not blaming you,just making this point clear, please nominate your maps clearly for a round and respect our nomination form described in the first post (everyone)

Alright, sorry bout that..
Nominations for the next round:

Eastern Motel Party

Pistol, Pistol

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:25 AM

Subway - "Die Fresh" http://rsg.ms/QHrM4o : (-)

Owned and pickups, 2-12 players, Team Death Match. The area chosen for the TDM is an area I've seen used before, but for a good reason: the over ground/ under ground dynamic is just too good to pass up. What caught me off guard was that one team started on the surface, while the other team started at the station underground. Yes, the weapons were evenly spread out between the surface and the underground, and there were mini gun spawns and rpg spawns so that even low level players can pick them up to even the odds against level 120s. What broke the map for me (and most of the people I played with were two things: 1) Spawning 2) prop usage. Starting with the first one then, spawning. Having the teams start off separate from each other by means of elevation is definitely neat, and watching them clash as they meet at the halfway point from each other was a great intense moment. But once the fighting broke down into spawn locations, Most players seemingly spawned in the most awkward of locations, either right in front/behind an enemy, or in an area where the player has to get their bearings again in order to get back into the fight. We had a full match, so this got out of hand fast. Secondly, the prop usage. One would think where all the fighting would go down (the midway point between the two teams), there would be more cover to use. But since most of the cover was at either team's spawn, it was better to just wait for the other team to come to you, instead of wanting to fight for the risky middle ground. It motivates people to fight for the middle area more as well if you put the power weapons in the middle area, not at their spawns. Put this map through its needed overhaul, and nominate this for a later round. A good deathmatch area for sure, it just needs some work.

That's my creation and I couldn't agree more. The version I submitted was 2.0. The original version didn't have any props whatsoever except for the Sanchez motorcycles which are placed there for quick transport. I actually placed the props as cover because of how the spawning happens. I will work on a fix. Thanks a lot for the feedback, it's most appreciated.

Sangers
  • Sangers

Hustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:44 AM Edited by Sangers, 04 April 2014 - 01:44 AM.

Hrm. I would normally be grateful for grenades to be placed in for situations like this, but like I said, this map is perfect for free-aim because any potential stalemates just get quickly sorted out by whoever positioned themselves better and had the better aim. I'd rather not break it down even just a little bit by adding grenades as well. If you must, then add them. I will keep my (+) because of that. But if possible, try to find a way to use props to break up stalemates. cut off the more long range lanes of threat that a player can use on the enemy with props, but not all of them. You'd be surprised what a simple 6 foot tall narrow sign can do, or a simple 6 foot tall machinery box can do to a map's combat dynamic.

Ok sure. Let me scope it out with a crew mate and see if I can make adjustments. Thanks for your help!

Another alternative is instead of grenades, I could have tear gas. That will force people to come out of cover.

dedeto
  • dedeto

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:05 PM Edited by dedeto, 09 April 2014 - 11:39 AM.

Subway - "Die Fresh" - Khaizarana (-)

Default TDM,20 mins-30 Target Score,Owned+Pickups.My team spawned underground,there were miniguns,machine guns,assault rifles and motorcycles.We got bikes and tried to find where were the enemies.If I had not called Lester,I wouldn't have been figured out where were they.We went upstairs and finally found the rival team.I died and spawned on the street,according to these spawning issues,I can say that this map has many spawn point errors.
Second,pickup weapons look OK for an underground fight,but this fight does not occur underground,after killing/getting killed in first 2 minutes,we all spawned over the station,on the street and all meaning of the map went away,most of pickup weapons were under the ground after this point.There were also some non-strategically placed objects,like wreckage buses.This map needs to be revised,spawn points,pickup positions,props should be rearranged.Continuity is really low in this map,its name includes "Subway" but there is nothing to do underground,it's not different than a classic street combat with some wrong things.But this map is not a hopeless one,it can be great after some revision.

Unfinished Business  - Sangerss (+)

Default TDM,20 mins-25 Target,Forced Only,Forced Weapon SMG,2-8 players.Firstly,default settings are really good chosen.Player numbers are correct,min 2 max 8;Forced Weapon choice is good(SMG).It's not difficult to see that creator wants this map to be played like a secret operation between two groups,using only a weapon and some health/armor packs.Spawn points are OK,prop positions are really succesful,this one is maybe the biggest thing I appreciated about this map.Props are absolutely needed for this area,for this type of fight and they are placed very good.When it's night time,breaking the lamps inside the building is more fun,it becomes darker.Okay;weapon choice is OK,spawn points are OK,Player numbers OK,prop positions are OK,it's a good map.By the way,I saw your comment below,I don't recommend adding grenades to this map.Since you want it to be played with only Forced Weapon,
grenade would take away the sense of it.This area is already a small one,no need to add grenades in my opinion..

Dammed If You Don't  - Sangerss (+)

Default TDM,20 mins-30 Target Score,Forced+Pickup Weapons especially recommended by creator,Forced Weapon is Pump Shotgun,Pickups are Sniper Rifle and Pump Shotgun.Cool concept,get onto a rooftop and hide for sniping or join the operation to defeat enemies using pump shotguns.There are many pump shotguns at the starting spawn points of each team,it's good because makes you fully loaded with ammos before a close fight on the dam.Well thought map,well created,weapon choices are correct,there is not critical faults on spawn points.A good close combat style,claim the dam based deathmatch.

Halle Berry or Hallelujah  - PlamenVT (+)

Default TDM(as highly recommended by its creator),2-16 players,15 mins-Off Target,Forced Pickups,Pistol is Forced Weapon.This map is more like a mission than a DM.Cops on the other side of the lake and lowlifes on the other side.The scenario is pretty succesful.Pickup weapons such as Machine Gun,Assault Rifle,SMG,Carbine Rifle,Tear Gas,RPG,Grenade Launcher.Pickup weapon positions are strategic.Equally distributed over the area,not every single place of the ground but even in bunker or lakeside,weapons are well placed to be collected before attacking enemies.As I died many times in this DM,I didn't notice any wrong things about spawn points,all good placed.When cops attack in first wave,lowlifes who die first spawn on the hill and get opporunity of hiding behind natural objects,that's a very good thing that I'd like to see in each deathmatch : Natural objects take
away the necessity of placing props.I always support creator's main idea,if he/she wants the map to be played like its original,doesn't put many objects,it is a good thing.The most important thing is creator's idea,if he/she wants to let players to fight on an open area,props are not needed,I don't judge them for this.I only judge creators if there is an overage of props,this may ruin the gameplay.In this map,there are many open fields on which you can be seem by or see enemies,but doesn't affect badly the gameplay,besides it reflects the sense of the scenario better.
Weapon choices are well,at first I didn't see any better rifles than Assault one and thought that was a bad idea,but I saw the Carbine Rifle later and gave a positive note for weapon choice.Because when lowlifes pick up Sniper Rifle,it gets harder for Cops to kill them with Assault Rifle.15 mins-Off Target setting is suitable,host can increase the length.It's a typical Cops vs Illegals style combat,respecting its scenario.I would give you some little advice;
16 players are OK but you should increase minimum player number to at least 4. 2 Players gameplay may become a VS fight which makes this map irrelevant to its scenario.I may even advise you to increase it to 6 but I know,finding 6 players is not easy in Free Aim,I'm bored of this situation.This map is a well created one with a good scenario.

Lazer Jet Battle 2.0 - psilocybonut  (+)

As we mentioned before,spawn point directions were a bit wrong.It seems like creator has changed them to make a better start at spawnings.This was the only thing that I wanted to check in this round so,it's completely okay now.

Tanks in Los Santos 2.0 - psilocybonut  (+)

This map is now better for a vehicle deathmatch.In deathmatches like this(vehicles),there is no need to put props,the goal is shooting your enemy's tank and exploding it.Props can only create difficulties in a vehicle deathmatch,also this is an open area fight,on the streets of Los Santos,there is already a flowing traffic which sometimes cause difficulties while moving the tank.This time,spawn points are closer to each other,area is more restricted,well improved.We need some vehicle deathmatches to present here,so we should not get stuck on little details,I think.

Undercity Sewer Shootout - The_Jackal_4563 (-)

Default TDM,15 min-Off Target,Forced+Pickups,Pistol Forced,2-8 players.First of all,there are some default setting faults for this map.Since it's a small map,an enemy can easily kill you in 2 secondes after spawning just behind you.
Because of this,I recommend all custom map creators to decrease maximum players to a sufficient number for maps like this,6 would go better with this map.Because you have to put at least 16 spawn points for 8 players and this is too much to place clearly far from each other.Also,minimum 2 player necessity is too low for this map(not for every close combat maps like this,because there are many complex places to hide in this map),if you want it to be a TDM,you should set minimum players to 4.But this map's default setting is "TDM",so it's a wrong choice.15 minutes-Off Target score is ideal.And the pickups weapon choices..You put Advanced Rifle to far locations,it may be good but Advanced Rifle is too powerful for an underground fight.I would prefer having a SMG instead of it.Shotguns and pistols are OK,and there are grenades in the center of the combat area,OK.But beside the weapon choice,the most obtrusive thing is that there are too many useless props that make this deathmatch a blind fight.I've always been a supporter of keeping the place's originality,if you want your maps to have some custom placed props,you should be moderate.
I took a look in freeroam and noticed that there was not this much props in this area.The main idea is fighting against enemies underground and having the opportunity of hiding behind objects,but this number of overage objects made us confused about where to go while fighting.According to my experiences on a good deathmatch criteria,this number of props may be good in a larger area.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our judge "deffjeff" won't review the maps of 4th round,me and Jack will discuss which maps will be approved if there is a disagreement.

Also,I think I have to mention it here;most people ignore it but "Description" means too many things about a map and let players know what kind of scenario they'll play inside.When I see variance between description and inside customization,the map I'm going to try gets one negative point before playing.Please care about it.
  • Sangers likes this

ashtreylil
  • ashtreylil

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:49 PM Edited by ashtreylil, 05 April 2014 - 07:53 PM.

i made a deathmatch and i want to post it here but i feel like it needs more pictures and possibly a better name. i dont know the correct name of the location. it has maximum ammount of weapons and lots of vehicles, its good for snipers and close quarters as well. it has team spawns as well. all rooftops are accessible from the ground so snipers are not only reachable via the helis on the map. parachutes on the roof to get down fast if sniping isnt your thing.k7xG1YL.pnghttp://rsg.ms/1hW75aJ

PlamenVT
  • PlamenVT

Intelligent Hoodlum

• Members

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:18 PM

You signed up this on the VII Creators event today. Can't wait to try it

i made a deathmatch and i want to post it here but i feel like it needs more pictures and possibly a better name. i dont know the correct name of the location. it has maximum ammount of weapons and lots of vehicles, its good for snipers and close quarters as well. it has team spawns as well. all rooftops are accessible from the ground so snipers are not only reachable via the helis on the map. parachutes on the roof to get down fast if sniping isnt your thing.k7xG1YL.pnghttp://rsg.ms/1hW75aJ

Sangers
  • Sangers

Hustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:59 PM

Unfinished Business  - Sangerss (+)

Default TDM,20 mins-25 Target,Forced Only,Forced Weapon SMG,2-8 players.Firstly,default settings are really good chosen.Player numbers are correct,min 2 max 8;Forced Weapon choice is good(SMG).It's not difficult to see that creator wants this map to be played like a secret operation between two groups,using only a weapon and some health/armor packs.Spawn points are OK,prop positions are really succesful,this one is maybe the biggest thing I appreciated about this map.Props are absolutely needed for this area,for this type of fight and they are placed very good.When it's night time,breaking the lamps inside the building is more fun,it becomes darker.Okay;weapon choice is OK,spawn points are OK,Player numbers OK,prop positions are OK,it's a good map.By the way,I saw your comment below,I don't recommend adding grenades to this map.Since you want it to be played with only Forced Weapon,
grenade would take away the sense of it.This area is already a small one,no need to add grenades in my opinion..

Dammed If You Don't  - Sangerss (+)

Default TDM,20 mins-30 Target Score,Forced+Pickup Weapons especially recommended by creator,Forced Weapon is Pump Shotgun,Pickups are Sniper Rifle and Pump Shotgun.Cool concept,get onto a rooftop and hide for sniping or join the operation to defeat enemies using pump shotguns.There are many pump shotguns at the starting spawn points of each team,it's good because makes you fully loaded with ammos before a close fight on the dam.Well thought map,well created,weapon choices are correct,there is not critical faults on spawn points.A good close combat style,claim the dam based deathmatch.

Thanks for the positive reviews! Glad you liked them!

ashtreylil
  • ashtreylil

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:29 PM

You signed up this on the VII Creators event today. Can't wait to try it

^u^ yeah its a great map, i worked hard on it.

Fachuro
  • Fachuro

Stoner

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:47 PM

Deathmatches isn't really my strong suits, but I've started making attempts at doing that too :p All I'm looking for is useful feedback really :-) 

Platoodo - http://rsg.ms/QYPjOi

• PlamenVT likes this

Fachuro
  • Fachuro

Stoner

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:53 PM

Halle Berry or Hallelujah  - PlamenVT (+)

I have lots of thing to say about this map..Default TDM(as highly recommended by its creator),2-16 players,15 mins-Off Target,Forced Pickups,Pistol is Forced Weapon.This map is more like a mission than a DM.Cops on the other side of the lake and lowlifes on the other side.The scenario is pretty succesful.Pickup weapons such as Machine Gun,Assault Rifle,SMG,Carbine Rifle,Tear Gas,RPG,Grenade Launcher.Pickup weapon positions are strategic.Equally distributed over the area,not every single place of the ground but even in bunker or lakeside,weapons are well placed to be collected before attacking enemies.As I died many times in this DM,I didn't notice any wrong things about spawn points,all good placed.When cops attack in first wave,lowlifes who die first spawn on the hill and get opporunity of hiding behind natural objects,that's a very good thing that I'd like to see in each deathmatch : Natural objects take
away the necessity of placing props.I always support creator's main idea,if he/she wants the map to be played like its original,doesn't put many objects,it is a good thing.The most important thing is creator's idea,if he/she wants to let players to fight on an open area,props are not needed,I don't judge them for this.I only judge creators if there is an overage of props,this may ruin the gameplay.In this map,there are many open fields on which you can be seem by or see enemies,but doesn't affect badly the gameplay,besides it reflects the sense of the scenario better.
Weapon choices are well,at first I didn't see any better rifles than Assault one and thought that was a bad idea,but I saw the Carbine Rifle later and gave a positive note for weapon choice.Because when lowlifes pick up Sniper Rifle,it gets harder for Cops to kill them with Assault Rifle.15 mins-Off Target setting is suitable,host can increase the length.It's a typical Cops vs Illegals style combat,respecting its scenario.I would give you some little advice;
16 players are OK but you should increase minimum player number to at least 4. 2 Players gameplay may become a VS fight which makes this map irrelevant to its scenario.I may even advise you to increase it to 6 but I know,finding 6 players is not easy in Free Aim,I'm bored of this situation.Another advice that I would give is;a member of the team which is on the hill becomes Vasily Zaytsev of his/her team.To prevent it or to equalize the situation,
you can add a sniper rifle pickup in bunker,but only 1 sniper,not more.This map is a well created one with a good scenario.

I've played this map a few times before, pretty cool.  There is already a sniper in the bunker though ;-)  It's up top on the roof, in-between the construction walls.

• PlamenVT likes this

PlamenVT
  • PlamenVT

Intelligent Hoodlum

• Members

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:21 PM Edited by PlamenVT, 08 April 2014 - 01:16 PM.

I developed a DRAFT approach for reviewing jobs (DM's only for now), using a Balanced Scorecard.

Check it out, I will share it with whoever wants it, to use or modify.

DM Balanced Scorecard http://maliciousinte...for-review.html

Could be used also to classify jobs as APPROVED, if the Balanced Scorecard is used, I think any job which rates >80% in the scorecard will be considered "Approved".

Sharing this is not intended to tell the judges how to do their job and which approach they should use. It is just for best practice sharing, sharing an alternative approach. It's designed for a review activity we just started in our crew (intended to review all jobs submitted, from our crew members or externals).

dedeto
  • dedeto

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:05 PM Edited by dedeto, 09 April 2014 - 10:52 PM.

After our discussions about 2 maps(Halle Berry or Hallelujah - Tanks in Los Santos 2.0),we decided to add Halle Berry one to approved maps and Tanks in Los Santos to non-approved ones.Finally,round 4 reviews are done and I edited the first post,you can take a look at it.

Also,we will declare a new judge soon..

• Sangers likes this

PlamenVT
  • PlamenVT

Intelligent Hoodlum

• Members

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:43 PM Edited by PlamenVT, 10 April 2014 - 12:43 PM.

Thank you for your work, judges. Much appreciated.

Far as I see Round 5 is now open for submissions, If possible I would like to submit the following;

1_0.jpg

Type: Team Deathmatch

Title: Adrenaline Rush II

Social club linkhttp://rsg.ms/R5xbT0

Players: 2-16

Description:

The Lost are trying a new way to smuggle drugs to Los Santos - using a helicopter unloading at the back of the warehouse at La Puerta. Everything went well for a while until Trevor found out and organized an ambush at the helipad upon delivery. ///Close range battle with Pump Shotguns. Plenty of Sticky Bombs in the middle. Watch your back - use the covers spread around the helipad///

Fachuro
  • Fachuro

Stoner

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

Hope you noticed my submission a few posts up btw, since I posted before you opened the 5th round.

dedeto
  • dedeto

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:33 PM

Hope you noticed my submission a few posts up btw, since I posted before you opened the 5th round.

I got it,don't worry.There are some other maps which were nominated before we opened the round.

GranSnake
  • GranSnake

Sapper

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

Love to get your opinion.

Savage Salvage
http://socialclub.ro...latformId=null#

1_0.jpg

Sangers
  • Sangers

Hustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:27 PM

Here's my submission for round 5...

Trainspotting

1_0.jpg

Link: http://rsg.ms/1h5z7QC

Description: A team deathmatch set in the underground subway corridor of the South Los Santos industrial area. Enable Forced + Pickup weapons for a tactical MG gun fight.

Players: 2-16

dedeto
  • dedeto

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:42 PM

Okay people,I'm happy to declare our new judge : Alk00licK

Nominations for the 5th round are closed from now on,we will start playing nominated maps and will post our opinions in few days,thanks to everyone who shared their creations with us!

• AlkoOlicK likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users