Photo

I found this car damage mod for V

20 replies to this topic
FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:19 PM

I found this video on youtube. It is possible to change the damage for vehicles.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=28zgwwMwU3c

• theGTAking101 likes this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:37 PM

Cool, don't cry when you crash your adder till it's undrivable.

• lizardman563 and Tampinha85 like this

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:38 PM

I'm not going to cry. I'm over 18, I like realisim in games.

• Xx-ADITYA-xX, theGTAking101, JohnDoe7125539271 and 1 other like this

BisP
  • BisP

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:40 PM Edited by sibs44, 28 February 2014 - 10:41 PM.

I'm just saying, I hated it when I would get a nice car and it would damage so easily. I'm all for unrealistic damage. Don't tell me to drive normally either, that's against the point of GTA IMO. 

• darkwar854, ten-a-penny and Lowi like this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:41 PM

Fun fact: Tear Glands continue to function even after the man-made, legally-decided age of adulthood.

• lizardman563, Raavi, TheDeaconBosco and 4 others like this

warlord GTAV
  • warlord GTAV

Wizard

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:44 PM

realism is the best way to play it love the car damage,plus got that much cash and nothing to spend it on so fixing a car or even replacing is not an issue,adders are sh*t.

• FANTOMTRON likes this

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:48 PM

realism is the best way to play it love the car damage,plus got that much cash and nothing to spend it on so fixing a car or even replacing is not an issue,adders are sh*t.

I agree :D. there arn't many open world games out there that are good in terms of physics and details. I loved rockstar games because they are pretty much the only company that makes their open world games *realistic*

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:57 PM

There was never a problem with the damage body itself in vehicles, it was how consistent the crashes were in the first place. In the Singleplayer portion vehicles driven by NPCs or the player itself tend to be very resistant so they dont stop functioning in a couple of seconds, however your engine can still malfunction after a couple of beats and wheels can go off.

However in the Online portion, you can easily trash an NPC driven vehicle by all means available. Meaning that your car might be safe but an NPC's will not.

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:02 PM

There was never a problem with the damage body itself in vehicles, it was how consistent the crashes were in the first place. In the Singleplayer portion vehicles driven by NPCs or the player itself tend to be very resistant so they dont stop functioning in a couple of seconds, however your engine can still malfunction after a couple of beats and wheels can go off.

However in the Online portion, you can easily trash an NPC driven vehicle by all means available. Meaning that your car might be safe but an NPC's will not.

I lke consitency. I hate being spoon fed. I like knowing that if I drive full speed on the wrong side of the highway that yes my car will get smashed if I crash or loose control :)

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:21 PM

The thing is vehicles have more ways to be rendered useless than any other GTA game to date, wheels can fall off or be locked onto making driving hard, the front of the vehicle being rammed ofently will cause the engine to stop functioning, if something manages to hit the gas tank under your vehicle it will leak fuel eventually rendering it useless.  The problem is that the visual damage isnt that consistent with what the vehicle tends to recieve, hell I even saw a pedestrian fly out of the passenger window after I hit the front end with a firetruck.

• FANTOMTRON likes this

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:28 PM

The thing is vehicles have more ways to be rendered useless than any other GTA game to date, wheels can fall off or be locked onto making driving hard, the front of the vehicle being rammed ofently will cause the engine to stop functioning, if something manages to hit the gas tank under your vehicle it will leak fuel eventually rendering it useless.  The problem is that the visual damage isnt that consistent with what the vehicle tends to recieve, hell I even saw a pedestrian fly out of the passenger window after I hit the front end with a firetruck.

I love the improvements in V trust me I do.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:36 PM

I'm just saying that a lot of people suck at driving.  I fricken out ran an entity with a sentinel.  But I also like a bit of realism.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:57 PM

I watched the video and I can't tell any differences between that driving and the driving from V.

theregomatt
  • theregomatt

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:27 AM

anyone know where i can find real information on how to jailbreak a ps3 with latest firmware? i wanna install gta mods

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:42 AM

anyone know where i can find real information on how to jailbreak a ps3 with latest firmware? i wanna install gta mods

that would be fun

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:03 AM

I hate how R* reduced the vehicle collision physics, but then they made the wheels easier to "jam" in GTA V.  To me, GTA IV feels much more natural when it comes to vehicle damage.  It seems like R* tried to increase the lifespan of the vehicles, but that expectation seems to have fallen short with how the steering of most vehicles is too easily f*cked up.

I've grown used to it for the most part.  It's just that I find GTA IV to be better in the vehicle handling and physics department.  GTA V still has many other things going for it.

Mr Pickles
  • Mr Pickles

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:22 AM

If Rockstar can somehow license beamNG`s physics engine or be on the same level as them in the next GTA it would be f*cking awesome!

Check this video out then you`ll see what I mean

• FANTOMTRON likes this

drr26
  • drr26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:13 PM Edited by drr26, 01 March 2014 - 12:13 PM.

If Rockstar can somehow license beamNG`s physics engine or be on the same level as them in the next GTA it would be f*cking awesome!

That would be cool if they could. Nice video

Insincere
  • Insincere

Hustler

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:32 PM

For me crashes feel weird and dumb mostly because there's no proper weight in vehicles like it was in IV. For example you can easily push a helicopter, driving a motorbike. It's not as bad as it was in 3d era GTAs, where you could push a motha'f*cking plane by just character, but still stupid. Things like this were impossible in IV.

If we add to that mighty resistance then we get what we have now.

Also, sounds of crashes are out of place, they sound so heavy and loud.

I hope that in PC version they at least tweak driving and damage overall.

BrokenLizard
  • BrokenLizard

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:32 PM

I have to admit, when the game first came out, I thought the driving was horrid.
Now that the games been out for some time, I wouldn't have it any other way.
It's perfect for a GTA game.
Fast paced and action like, not Forza realism.
I wouldn't like this mod to be honest.

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:29 AM

That would be so cool :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users