Batman: Arkham Knight

913 replies to this topic
Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:46 PM

Good god. The textures, the rain, the lighting, the everything.
Can't f*cking wait, Scarecrow is one of my favorite villains.

I remember that one Scarecrow moment in AA when I though my Xbox RROD'd on me. Scared the sh*t out of me.  :lol:

That scared the sh*t out of me too. Mine was a slim model. (I played Arkham Asylum late) I couldn't believe it shat on me so soon. :p

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:55 PM

Even with the horrible youtube compression it still looks pretty damn good looking.

• Th3MaN1 likes this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:31 PM

I learned the hard way to NEVER trust trailer graphics. But dat Batmobile gameplay gets my terrorist sense tingling.

Maybe after 3 years of this stuff, I might consider Next-Gen.

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:59 PM

According to a magazine back in late April, this game is only about 40 percent done...
http://www.gamefaqs....knight/69126713

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:42 PM

Delayed to 2015

y u do dis

tumblr_lpjfgnKi2Y1qfgqih.png

Rewas
  • Rewas

To Derp or not to Derp....

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    3rd Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:44 PM

It feels like it'll be released in a century.  :/

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:01 PM

As long as they give us enough E3 footage, I'll be alright with the delay. The problem is that the delay didn't happen to flesh the game out. I dunno what made Rocksteady think they can finish this game by 2014 if they can't. Oh well.

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:41 PM

2014 in gaming.
airport%20delayed*304.jpg
  • kipakolonyasi likes this

tuareg
  • tuareg

and everythin' that's shakin' in between

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Kazakhstan

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:49 PM

Man. 2014 is a garbage year for gaming.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:04 PM

Wait, when did they start development then? Oh wait, I read that it started in 2011, just after AC came out. f*ckING RIDICULOUS. Seriously, these companies are giant turd c*nts. f*ck them for delaying them at a situation like this when we NEED games.

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:14 PM

If they would release it and it was buggy as f*ck you'd complain about how they released an unfinished game.
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick likes this

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

You Sir, Do Not Praise The Sun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

I'm not complaining about the delay. If it helps the game in the long run, good deal. But the developers are having issues thats for sure. It just seems like when Next Gen's came in. "Delayed" has been the most said word out of all of there companies. Some developers are there, but most are not. Talk about reinventing themselves. They ain't there yet, thats for sure. Talk about a bunch of nerds thats way over there head right now, yep thats developers at this point.

tuareg
  • tuareg

and everythin' that's shakin' in between

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Kazakhstan

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

I can live with the game coming later, but why even announce a release date if you're just going to delay the game shortly after? Can companies not see if the game can make the release window or not judging by how far they are with it at the time? My mind is always blown by this.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:35 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 03 June 2014 - 04:40 PM.

If they would release it and it was buggy as f*ck you'd complain about how they released an unfinished game.

It was in development since 2011, and they are STILL 40% through, that's way too far behind. It has nothing to do with a buggy game or releasing an unfinished game. You'd expect them to be anywhere between 60-90% done but this shows what they've been doing ever since. I don't think they even set themselves a target for release, I'm pretty sure it was never said to be coming out this year other than speculation by people and different articles. I don't mind a delay, but the reason has to be genuine and not bullsh*t like this.

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:37 PM

We don't even how big the game is. You want them to rush through and have a sh*t story and broken mechanics?

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:39 PM Edited by Zancudo, 03 June 2014 - 04:39 PM.

Wait, when did they start development then? Oh wait, I read that it started in 2011, just after AC came out. f*ckING RIDICULOUS. Seriously, these companies are giant turd c*nts. f*ck them for delaying them at a situation like this when we NEED games.

You sir, are always in the urge of killing people who don't provide you the right entertainment at the right time. I'll make sure to talk about you during the next session with my psychologist.

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:49 PM

For reals. You gotta chill that temper, FDR.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:50 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 03 June 2014 - 04:52 PM.

We don't even how big the game is. You want them to rush through and have a sh*t story and broken mechanics?

When did I say that? This game has been in development since 2011, and it's only 40% through the development, not even half way, which doesn't make sense. Like I said, I don't mind a delay, as long as they have genuine excuses and not lazy ass devs needing more time because they couldn't be asked to even reach half way through the development.

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:56 PM

Don't try to f*cking make me look crazy, you edited your post after my reply.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:01 PM

What? :/

If you can't see what I'm saying, don't bother replying to me.

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:04 PM Edited by DarthShinobi, 03 June 2014 - 05:05 PM.

That whole "I don't mined the delay" bullsh*t wasn't there when I originally replied. You do that sh*t a lot.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:06 PM

I know. That's because I forgot to add it in the original post. Plus, I said the same thing in the other post as well. Seriously, I don't mind delays ffs, but this isn't an excuse. Can you not see the fact that it's been in development for THREE DAMN years and it's still only 40% done?

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:09 PM

They're taking their time. It's the last game in the Arkham series, they want to go out in a bang. I don't blame them, tbh.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:13 PM

Sure. But I don't see how they can do the 60% left in under a year. That's if they are targeting for an early 2015 release. That's a whole lot of work that needs to be done.

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:20 PM

It depends on what they have left.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:30 PM

Sure. But I don't see how they can do the 60% left in under a year. That's if they are targeting for an early 2015 release. That's a whole lot of work that needs to be done.

I never made a game, but it has to go faster. I'm sure the game was built from scratch, and once they have definitely set their ideas, all that remains is execution. Considering the fact that Paul Dini isn't helping anymore, either they spend too much time writing the story, or they definitely want a good story with this. And there's a lot more. I agree with you to an extent; it's kinda stupid to not realize that you can't bring a game out that early, but in some way, at least it wasn't quality assurance, like with GTA V and Watch Dogs. This sentence may be bullsh*t, but maybe all those delays didn't help a game at all. Maybe they just improved graphics here and there and that was the quality assurance they were talking about. Didn't Ubisoft say that they delayed WD because of the repetitive stuff in game? Well mind you, the main missions are still repetetive. And in six months, a huge company can do more than that.

But whatever, I went wayyyy to f*cking deep with all the delay stuff. Just be patient, it's gonna be good. It has to be. It's f*cking Batman.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:32 PM

Yeah, no worries. I'm still stoked for this game after all.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

You Sir, Do Not Praise The Sun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:34 PM

I can live with the game coming later, but why even announce a release date if you're just going to delay the game shortly after? Can companies not see if the game can make the release window or not judging by how far they are with it at the time? My mind is always blown by this.

I think they give them a release date so companies like Gamestop and others can get preorders in. All about the dollars these days and the heck with the consumer. Gamestop had my W.D. preorder money for a long time, season pass too, even after the delay. I eventually switched it for another game. Corporate America sucks. But you all already know this.  

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:46 PM

Yeah, something fishy. When they released the original trailer they said 2014 and a month later it was 2015. They're telling us they didn't know one month before hand it wouldn't be finished in time?

I don't mind they delay, though. I didn't want to buy a PS4 for one game anyway. Hopefully next year with Hitman it will be actually worth buying.

GTA DUDE05
  • GTA DUDE05

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:32 AM

Batman: Arkham Knight Delayed to 2015, Batmobile Battle Mode Reveal Trailer..

Warner Bros has delayed Batman: Arkham Knight from later this year to 2015. 

xmjsck.jpg

The delay was revealed in a new trailer teasing a Batmobile Battle Mobile, which is scheduled to be demonstrated further at E3 2014.
The video highlights the extensive firepower the new Batmobile features. According to GamesRadar the Dark Knight's ride will feature two modes: Pursuit Mode and Battle Mode. Players will be able to switch between the standard Pursuit Mode, which has booster rockets and a power winch capable of raise bridges and elevators, and a Battle Mode which is a heavy, tank-like version kitted up with firepower and even the ability to strafe, at the press of a button.

Warner Bros has also released new screenshots for the game, showing of both Batman and the new antagonist, the Arkham Knight.
Billed as the "explosive finale" to the Rocksteady trilogy, the game will now be released on PS4, Xbox One and PC next year, according to a new trailer which also teases a Batmobile Battle mode E3 reveal: The title takes place one year after the events of Arkham City, with Batman at the very peak of his powers, when a gallery of villains descend upon Gotham and team up to bring the Dark Knight down once and for all. The game's main villain has been revealed as the Arkham Knight, a character unique to the game's universe that was created by Geoff Johns, writer of Green Lantern, Aquaman, and Justice League.
The Arkham Knight character has been pitched as a rougher, more extreme, militarised version of Batman who will "really challenge Batman to go head to head with him in lots of different ways".
2eqan0h.jpg

Rocksteady's Sefton Hill previously said the studio is aiming to take the fantasy of being Batman "one step further" in the sequel.

"The Arkham games have always been about providing that power fantasy, about being and feeling like Batman," he said. "We're going to take it further with the addition of the Batmobile and the bigger city."

"We've known it's what people want. When you're Batman you do think Batmobile, It's the one key thing we felt we really always wanted to do. And also that refreshes the whole experience, which I really think it does," Hill continued. "What we're always trying to do is [make] every game feel like a new game rather than another episode of the last one."

Batmobile Battle Mode Reveal Trailer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users