Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • Contribution Award [Chain Game]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 July 2016 - 03:23 PM

I got the platinum like 3 months ago. Was gonna post in here, totally forgot. Love the game.

Anyone else nearly sh*t themselves when you turn around holding the canisters and Joker pops up?

Not quite, but I did shart myself when I was shooting myself up the rooftops with the batclaw and Manbat appeared out of nowhere.
Loving the Goldberg avatar.

OT - Yeah don't get me started on flying around and then Manbat pops up. Nearly cried. Headphones on nearly full whack and everything.

That scream was f*cking terrifying. I know I'm supposed to "Be The Batman", but I was damn scared when that happened.

PS: Becky is bae.

• Rambo_AFC likes this

Rambo_AFC
  • Rambo_AFC

EC F'N W

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 July 2016 - 04:14 PM

I got the platinum like 3 months ago. Was gonna post in here, totally forgot. Love the game.

Anyone else nearly sh*t themselves when you turn around holding the canisters and Joker pops up?

Not quite, but I did shart myself when I was shooting myself up the rooftops with the batclaw and Manbat appeared out of nowhere.

OT - Yeah don't get me started on flying around and then Manbat pops up. Nearly cried. Headphones on nearly full whack and everything.

That scream was f*cking terrifying. I know I'm supposed to "Be The Batman", but I was damn scared when that happened.

I just hope they might add some side missions in Arkham Asylum. Add some life to it. Best in the series imo. Platinum last year.

Becky is incredible. 11/10.
  • Th3MaN1 likes this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 July 2016 - 04:27 PM

I just hope they might add some side missions in Arkham Asylum. Add some life to it. Best in the series imo. Platinum last year.

I'm currently trying to get all achievements in Arkham City (Steam) and 100% the game. There are some annoying riddles and trophies, but overall, they're fun to collect. Just wish there weren't so much, 440 is a bit too steep.

Sadly I never had the chance to Platinum Knight. I was playing on my friend's PC, and to be damn fair, the playthrough wasn't so much fun because of the optimization problems that were present, and the Batmobile was something I was getting quite weary of.

But I do have to admit, the inclusion of the Batmobile allowed Rocksteady to be quite creative with some of the trophies, as I saw some neat stuff on Youtube.

Rambo_AFC
  • Rambo_AFC

EC F'N W

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 July 2016 - 05:33 PM

I'm currently trying to get all achievements in Arkham City (Steam) and 100% the game. There are some annoying riddles and trophies, but overall, they're fun to collect. Just wish there weren't so much, 440 is a bit too steep.

Sadly I never had the chance to Platinum Knight. I was playing on my friend's PC, and to be damn fair, the playthrough wasn't so much fun because of the optimization problems that were present, and the Batmobile was something I was getting quite weary of.

But I do have to admit, the inclusion of the Batmobile allowed Rocksteady to be quite creative with some of the trophies, as I saw some neat stuff on Youtube.

Don't even mention 100% Arkham City to me.
I tried it, did every riddler trophy. Every side mission. All the f*cking medals on the challenge sh*t. But guess what?

I did the game on Easy difficulty. Couldn't unlock NG+

f*ck my life.

As for Arkham Knight, the batmobile is an incredible addition but they overused it to much. No memorable boss fights IMO. Electrocutioner in Origins had a better fight than everyone in Knight.

And for the remaster of City, I'll absolutely start on Normal. Not making that mistake again ffs 😂.
  • Natasha likes this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 July 2016 - 06:48 PM Edited by Th3MaN1, 11 July 2016 - 07:52 AM.

I tried it, did every riddler trophy. Every side mission. All the f*cking medals on the challenge sh*t. But guess what?

f*ck my life.

As for Arkham Knight, the batmobile is an incredible addition but they overused it to much. No memorable boss fights IMO. Electrocutioner in Origins had a better fight than everyone in Knight.

And for the remaster of City, I'll absolutely start on Normal. Not making that mistake again ffs .

I didn't know that finishing the game on easy doesn't unlcock NG+. Kind of a bummer and it doesn't make much sense, but oh well.

One thing I can't really do is replay the main story. For some reason I just couldn't. I finished Origins on NG+, but that's about it. Definitely doing it for City too, but sometimes I'm too sloppy when it comes to the combat.

As for boss fights, I was fuming when I saw how Deathstroke was handled in Knight. In Origins, the fight with him was incredible. A bit early, but still, it was f*cking awesome, well choreographed and beautiful. In Knight he became nothing more than fodder.

One of the biggest slaps to the face IMO, especially after all the work you had to put in to get to him.

• Rambo_AFC likes this

Synthol
  • Synthol

It feels like I only go backwards

• Members
  • Republic-of-the-Congo

Posted 10 July 2016 - 08:34 PM

If you think City was hard then I can only imagine the pain you'd go through if you played Knight on NG+ lol. I never got around to finishing it but I'm like 90% through.

Spectacus
  • Spectacus

SHEIRA!!!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 July 2016 - 10:26 PM

13639466_1668542080133593_1986185078_o.j13646928_1668541896800278_1119772414_o.j13621461_1668542120133589_1661254890_o.j

Rambo_AFC
  • Rambo_AFC

EC F'N W

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 July 2016 - 12:27 AM

f*ck my life.

And for the remaster of City, I'll absolutely start on Normal. Not making that mistake again ffs .

I didn't know that finishing the game on easy doesn't unlcock NG+. Kind of a bummer and it doesn't make much sense, but oh well.

One thing I can't really do is replay the main story. For some reason I just couldn't. I finished Origins on NG+, but that's about it. Definitely doing it for City too, but sometimes I'm too sloppy when it comes to the combat.

As for boss fights, I was fuming when I saw how Deathstroke was handled in Knight. In Origins, the fight with him was incredible. A bit early, but still, it was f*cking awesome, well choreographed and beautiful. In Knight he became nothing more than fodder.

One of the biggest slaps to the face IMO, especially after all the work you had to put in to get to him.

I play the stories again, sh*t loads of times.
I did Origins on I Am The Knight. God knows why. Nice to get it out the way though. Died like twice, was livid.

It's proper huge BS from Rocksteady. Focusing on the Batmobile too much. A good boss fight with the Knight and Deathstroke is what should have happened. Not a f*cking cobra tank.

Literally I was so pissed off. Doing all the bombs, checkpoints, watch towers and sh*t just for another tank battle? Lol @ us.

J-B
  • J-B

The Benz

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 12 July 2016 - 05:19 AM

Batman should never be able to beat Slade in raw hand to hand anyway. It's always BS when he does, especially 2 years on the job Batman.

They should have replaced Slade with Bane taking control of AK's army to attempt his final revenge.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:53 AM

Batman should never be able to beat Slade in raw hand to hand anyway. It's always BS when he does, especially 2 years on the job Batman.

They should have replaced Slade with Bane taking control of AK's army to attempt his final revenge.

Eh, I don't think Bane would have fit in that role.

As for Origins Batman, yes, that's damn true, considering Batman got his ass owned as a veteran by Slade in the comics. I could see the Arkham Knight Batman take down Slade though.

• J-B likes this

J-B
  • J-B

The Benz

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 17 July 2016 - 07:20 PM

Peak skills, augmented Batsuit Batman- Absolutely, but it'd still be a really close fight.

Slade solo'd the Titans without a whole lot of flash(not that one) or complex planning. I don't like Batman just running through him like he's nothing.
  • Th3MaN1 likes this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:33 PM

Peak skills, augmented Batsuit Batman- Absolutely, but it'd still be a really close fight.

Which just makes me even angrier as we didn't get to see that happen, yet it was a no-brainer.

I can only wonder what the thought process of the developers were - sure, they succesfully put in the batmobile, but to this day I can't understand why they overused it that much.

And while Origins was bullcrap as far as staying true to the comics goes, at least we got a damn awesome fight.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2016 - 03:35 PM

Slade was really forced in Origins though.

Like, you're going around, doing the plot stuff... Then he literally grabs you to the side and fights you.

It's like those old cartoons when someone's is doing badly on stage on a long cane sneaks up and drags them off stage.

That's exactly what his involvement in the story is.

• J-B likes this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 July 2016 - 03:57 PM

And that's exactly why I only focused on the fight itself and decided not to question his appearance. For what it's worth, the boss fight itself was spot-on awesome.

PhoGarrett
  • PhoGarrett

Formally known as dillono

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 October 2016 - 12:35 AM Edited by Dillono, 12 October 2016 - 09:30 PM.

Tara Strong cosplayed as Arkham Knight's Harley Quinn...

Spoiler

The hardest thing to believe is that she's in her 40s.

• Journey_95, Ivan1997GTA and Natasha like this

Ruin
  • Ruin

Vanitás

• The Yakuza
  • Japan

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:54 PM

Goddamn, I did not expect this game to be as good as it is. 

Got it last month as part of the steam winter sale but didn't install it until last week... I think I enjoyed this one far better than Arkham City, specially now that the game has been better optimized for PC.

This has been the best SP game I've played on steam in years and the first one that actually motivated me enough to pursue 100% completion and all trophies/achievements since GTA:VCS.

Finished it on hard a few hours ago, going for Knightmare/New Game Plus all over again.

• Mister Pink and Ivan1997GTA like this

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:19 AM

So, I'm only 1 year and 9 months late, but I finally started my playthrough of Arkham Knight today. So far I'm enjoying it. It has the potential to be the best out of the 4. I just finished beating Arkham City and Arkham Asylum (the Return To Arkham versions) and I definitely prefer AC over AA. Arkham Origins is my least favorite, but I still really enjoyed it nevertheless. Which just shows you how great these games are. Anyway, my question is that there appears to be 7 different story DLC's for Arkham Knight to my knowledge. I own the "premium edition" or whatever it's called, so I automatically own all the DLC for this game (I had to install 27 separate things besides the main game, which is a bit ridiculous). The 7 story DLC's are:

1. Nightwing DLC

2. Harley Quinn DLC

3. Robin DLC

4. Batwoman DLC

5. Red Hood DLC

6. Catwoman DLC

7. Season of Infamy: Most Wanted DLC

​First question, am I missing any story DLC? And second question, is there a certain order I should be playing these DLC's in or does it not matter what order I play them in?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:34 AM

I'd wait to play them after the main game. They might spoil the story.

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:38 AM

Yeah, I'm definitely playing them after I finish the main story, but I meant... is there a certain order I should play the DLC in? Like Batgirl's DLC I should play first and Red Hood's DLC last or does it not matter?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:04 AM

I think they're all independent of each other, and do not connect. There's definitely time tables in which they take place, though. Like the Harley one takes place before the main game, and Red Hood takes place after.

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:21 AM Edited by Dbzk1999, 15 March 2017 - 02:21 AM.

Yeah, I'm definitely playing them after I finish the main story, but I meant... is there a certain order I should play the DLC in? Like Batgirl's DLC I should play first and Red Hood's DLC last or does it not matter?
Chronologically, it goes

Batgirl > Harley Quinn > Arkham Knight (Season of Infamy also takes place during Arkham knight) Catwoman (I think) > Red Hood > Nightwing > Robin

Overall though, I'd say it doesn't matter which order you play them in, mainly because the story dlcs are a bit on the short side

Natasha
  • Natasha

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:32 PM

I really need to get my finger out and play the DLC. I usually don't bother but with this game I simply couldn't resist!
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:01 AM

Most of it isn't worth it IMO. The Batgirl DLC has a cool boss fight but is unremarkable other wise. Nightwing DLC is a waste of time. The Season of Infamy is better than the others but still a bit short.

The ones that gave me the most mileage were the Arkham Knight skin for Red Hood and the challenge maps lmao

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:57 AM Edited by OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick, 19 March 2017 - 01:03 AM.

Finished the story. Overall, I really enjoyed the game. For sure my favorite in the Arkham series now. Sefton Hill is a genius. Shame Rocksteady is done with Batman games. They got better with each new Arkham game (not including Origins). I got the normal/regular ending. I didn't do ANY of the side quests, so I wasn't able to activate the Knightfall protocol and see the extended ending and I sure as hell didn't 100% the game and get the "true" ending. Which I always find that to be lame... in order for you to get the best ending, you have to do absolutely everything in the game. That takes up way too much time and would be way too frustrating knowing how hard some of those Riddler secrets will be. I did play all 6 of the Arkham episodes. They were OK/decent. None of them really blew me away. The Batgirl DLC was the best, simply because it was the longest.

That final act of Arkham Knight though... That was different. There was a lot going on and I was a little lost at some times. But, that was the best ending out of the 3 games (I forget how Origins ends). I'll have to play through it again to really understand everything I guess. Because I had to do some reading after I finished the game to understand what was going on. It definitely was unique and cool though. The part where Joker tells Batman, "But, I need you..." Man, that was actually a bit emotional. Joker is obviously a terrible person, but I almost wish he could stay in my head and not be forgotten. Super cool how it all came full circle though. Going back to Arkham Asylum. That was a great touch.

I read a lot of criticism regarding the Batmobile being overused. Never once did I think that the Batmobile was being forced into my hands too many times. Plus, being able to drive crazy fast through the streets of Gotham in the Batmobile definitely makes you truly feel like you're the Batman. Another criticism was the Joker showing up again. Now, if they somehow said the Joker was still alive, that he somehow didn't die at the end of Arkham City, THEN I would be pissed. Because that would be stupid. But, the way they implemented him into the game was really cool. Joker being inside Batman's head was awesome. Hearing Joker's dialogue and his opinions on the situations you're in was always hilarious and so much fun to listen to. After playing Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, and now Arkham Knight back to back to back, I really do feel Batman and Joker are inseparable and they both need each other. So, I was perfectly fine with Joker being in the game.

​The one problem I did have was the Arkham Knight and the reveal. Before the game came out, I was so excited that Scarecrow (one of my favorite Batman villains and LOVED him in Arkham Asylum) was going to be the main villain in Arkham Knight. Only to find out Arkham Knight had far more screen time than Scarecrow did. Scarecrow didn't really have any screen time besides the ACE Chemicals incident towards the beginning and then the final act. And then the game makes it so obvious who the Arkham Knight is. So, it wasn't even a "OMG!" moment during the reveal. It's funny... even when the Arkham Knight had his robotic voice, I could tell it was Troy Baker. So, that also gave it away. I really just don't know if the Arkham Knight really needed to be in this game. Scarecrow easily could have been the main villain and one of Batman's other biggest villains could have been the 2nd big villain in the game.

I also don't know how I felt about the new Scarecrow voice actor. The one they had for Arkham Asylum was great. But, I could also see how Rocksteady doesn't think his voice would work with this version of Scarecrow they had in mind. Nevertheless, I still preferred the more insane sounding voice actor from Arkham Asylum. I was also really hoping the Scarecrow challenge maps would come into play during Arkham Knight. But, unless I missed it, there weren't any. I also thought the new voice actor for Gordon was poor. There was one line in particular at the end where Scarecrow shoots Robin and Gordon goes, "You bastard!". But, it was without any emotion and just came off so dry and without any effort. I just shook my head at that moment. Really? They didn't hear that and ask the voice actor to do another take? And no audio logs for the characters? There was one audio log for Joker, but that was it! I really enjoyed those as it helps with the character development.

As I said, I really enjoyed the game. I didn't notice much technical issues. Some frame rate drops here and there, nothing atrocious though. Most of the drops were when I was driving of course. But, surprisingly, most of the time I was driving, the frame rate seemed fine. Which surprised me, since there is so much happening at such a quick speed. Didn't really notice any big bugs or glitches. I'd give the game a 9/10. It might have gotten a 10/10 if Scarecrow was really the main villain and had much more screen time and Arkham Knight wasn't included in the game or was an actual new/better character. Maybe when I do the side missions on the second playthrough, if those end up being really strong, the 9 might become a 9.5 or something.

• Mister Pink and Ruin like this

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:39 AM

^jusr wondering, what do you mean by audio logs?

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:39 PM

There were audio logs/tapes you could find in both Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. They were only for certain characters, but I enjoyed listening to them.

• Natasha likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:32 PM

There are audio logs in Arkham Knight. They're awarded for getting riddler trophies and stuff like that. You access them through the "?" menu.

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:31 PM

There were audio logs/tapes you could find in both Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. They were only for certain characters, but I enjoyed listening to them.

Yeah, you still find those in Arkham Knight, also provides some more insight in Arkham Knight's character and his interaction with Barbara Gordon

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:00 AM

The Arkham Knight should have been a new, original character. Loved the design of him and everything!

Halfway through the game I already had an idea who he was, so it was a little underwhelming to finally 'face' him.

And poor Deathstroke.....

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:36 AM

Yeah, we all guessed it, at least those of us who know who the Red Hood is. Look at the early pages of this topic from when the game was announced. But they came out and flat out said, "It is not Jason Todd." Which was of course a lie.

Kinda soured the surprise.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users