Batman: Arkham Knight

913 replies to this topic
NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:44 PM

According to GI and/or Kotaku "The game will feature a big open-world Gotham (supposedly bigger than Arkham City's)"

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

According to GI and/or Kotaku "The game will feature a big open-world Gotham (supposedly bigger than Arkham City's)"

Hopefully the city will actually be alive in this game. What I mean by alive is actual civilians walking around on the streets and not just criminals. I'm also hoping for no loading screen whenever you enter a building. Those were so annoying.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:05 PM

No WB means no bullsh*t.

I would have played AO again if they actually decided to fix the corrupt saves.

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:30 PM

How cool would it be if you could solve random crimes. Like while you're free roaming, lets say Black Mask's goons have held people hostage and you have the option of taking them out. Or Penguin's goons are robbing a bank.

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:31 PM Edited by OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick, 04 March 2014 - 07:31 PM.

How cool would it be if you could solve random crimes. Like while you're free roaming, lets say Black Mask's goons have held people hostage and you have the option of taking them out. Or Penguin's goons are robbing a bank.

You could do that in Origins... Although they were really boring and repetitive.

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

You could do that in Origins... Although they were really boring and repetitive.

Really? Dang, didn't pick up Origins.

02fishera
  • 02fishera

PSN ID: TeamTango91

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:09 PM

I cannot tell you how hyped I am for this game, especially since it looks as though my two favourite rogues in the series will be getting prominent roles. (Scarecrow and Two-Face.) I just hope the latter plays a bigger and better role than he did in Arkham City.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:17 PM

I hated how it held your hand. The detective mode made it too easy.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:52 AM

tumblr_mxvowhdlvg1r04s8fo1_500.jpg

• badboy_zay, Th3MaN1, FranklinDeRoosevelt and 1 other like this

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:45 AM Edited by OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick, 05 March 2014 - 04:46 AM.

The more details that are being confirmed, the more I'm getting excited.

- No multiplayer. "Speaking in the new issue of Game Informer, Rocksteady game director Sefton Hill said, "This is a single-player game. There is no multiplayer Right at the start this was our vision. It's going to take all of our effort for all of this time. We don’t have the time to do multiplayer.” Instead, Hill’s team plans “to focus on making the best single-player experience we can. We don't feel that it needs a multiplayer element. Warner Bros. backed that up right at the start.”

- Kevin Conroy is back as Batman

- Arkham Knight is FIVE times bigger than Arkham City. "Arkham Knight takes place in a more densely populated part of Gotham City, which is approximately five times the size of Arkham City. New generation hardware allows Rocksteady to bring more to its world, not the least of which is riots of 50 or more on-screen characters. “At any given time, there are between three to five times the number of thugs active in Gotham City than there were in Arkham City,” Tim Hanagan, lead AI and combat programmer, told Game Informer."

- Batmobile will be utilized in many different ways. "The addition of the Batmobile is another notable feature for Arkham Knight. The vehicle, which is drivable for the first time in the series, has immobilizing missles, can be summoned at any time, smashes through most objects, and can eject Batman at any time so he can glide or grapple around Gotham. Even Riddler’s challenges will take advantage of the Batmobile, which will, among other things, test your driving skills."

- Arkham Knight does NOT refer to Batman, it instead is referring to a villain (GASP)! "The title Arkham Knight, oddly enough, does not refer to Bruce Wayne’s Batman, but another new nemesis Hill claims is a “formidable foe” that will “really challenge Batman to go head to head with him in lots of different ways.” Game Informer describes the villain as a “militarized” version of Batman, with the signature Arkham “A” plastered on his chest. He'll join the ranks of The Penguin, Two Face, and Harley Quinn, who's available as a playable character via pre-order.

Source - http://www.ign.com/a...turns-as-batman

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:29 AM

It's going to be Anarky.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:34 AM

I think it's Azrael from Arkham City.

I hope deathstroke makes a return, his fight was good in AO.
  • Th3MaN1 likes this

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:49 AM

Totally forgot about him, I knew I was missing someone with the letter A.

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:36 AM

If the after credits scenes of AO and AO:B were anything to go by, we should be expecting him to show up along with the rest of the Suicide Squad. Unless those scenes were purely hinting at the planned 'Suicide Squad' game that's supposedly in development.

• Th3MaN1 likes this

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:51 PM Edited by SFPD officer, 05 March 2014 - 12:52 PM.

For X1 and PS4 only? What a shame. Yeah, I guess it could have been expected. Still not buying them for one interesting game though

Open world Gotham and Batmobile sound really cool. If there is one studio who is able to challenge R* when it comes to detailed game worlds, it's Rocksteady. Arkham City is one of the best video game settings I've ever seen.

I don't like the fact that the city is evacuated because of Scarecrow's fear gas. Is it so hard to make a Batman game with civilians in it? I can't remember any other superhero series so afraid of civvies in the city. It made sense in AA and AC, but AK is really stretching it. I haven't played AO yet, but they made up some bad excuse there too, didn't they? Something about snowstorm or somesuch.

As for the mystery villain, my money's on Hush. I'm more of a Marvel guy, but wasn't he established in the comics a sort of a "Batman if he was a villain"? And get ready for 100 Scarecrow sequences where Batman in hallucination fights Joker. Because Joker must be everywhere.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:02 PM

And get ready for 100 Scarecrow sequences where Batman in hallucination fights Joker. Because Joker must be everywhere.

Considering Troy Baker did the Joker in Origins, and the fact that he will also be involved in this game as Two-Face, that is quite a possibility.

Actually, the world is five times bigger than the one in Arkham City, according to Game Informer. Holy god.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:48 PM

This is going to be the real system seller for the PS4 and Xbone.

• Th3MaN1 likes this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:52 PM

tumblr_mxvowhdlvg1r04s8fo1_500.jpg

Sometimes, I wonder why these people....specifcally illiterate people were born. Their stupidity is over 9000!

This is going to be the real system seller for the PS4 and Xbone.

For the PS4, this and inFamous are going to be system sellers. Major one's.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Champion Guinea Pig [GTAFMC]
    Most Annoying Member [All Time]
    Best Total Overhaul 2014 [GTA SA Beta Edition]
    Biggest Asskisser 2014
    Biggest Asskisser 2013

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:52 PM

It's a shame that I won't be able to play this for atleast a couple of years; as I'll never have enough money to buy a next-gen console and sadly my PC isn't good enough to run such games as this.

Looks and sounds great, though. :p

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

For X1 and PS4 only? What a shame. Yeah, I guess it could have been expected. Still not buying them for one interesting game though

Open world Gotham and Batmobile sound really cool. If there is one studio who is able to challenge R* when it comes to detailed game worlds, it's Rocksteady. Arkham City is one of the best video game settings I've ever seen.

I don't like the fact that the city is evacuated because of Scarecrow's fear gas. Is it so hard to make a Batman game with civilians in it? I can't remember any other superhero series so afraid of civvies in the city. It made sense in AA and AC, but AK is really stretching it. I haven't played AO yet, but they made up some bad excuse there too, didn't they? Something about snowstorm or somesuch.

As for the mystery villain, my money's on Hush. I'm more of a Marvel guy, but wasn't he established in the comics a sort of a "Batman if he was a villain"? And get ready for 100 Scarecrow sequences where Batman in hallucination fights Joker. Because Joker must be everywhere.

Do you realize how dumbed down the game would be if they had to release PS3/Xbox 360 versions as well? I'm glad that it's only next-gen consoles and PC.

Regarding civilians never being in the city with you... I'd have to agree with you that it does suck as it would make the city much more alive. But, the fact that the Batmobile will be drivable in this game, could you imagine Batman running over civilians and killing them? Batman doesn't do that. So, they are trying to avoid that I'm guessing.

Arkham Origins came up with the excuse that there was a city wide curfew since there are assassins out there trying to kill the Batman. Not a snowstorm.

• Th3MaN1 likes this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:26 PM

But if they want to avoid batman running people over, they could just add an effect that would block us from attacking them, and then they could explain it why they done it. Other than that, flawless game from Rocksteady so far.

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:31 PM Edited by OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick, 05 March 2014 - 04:31 PM.

But if they want to avoid batman running people over, they could just add an effect that would block us from attacking them, and then they could explain it why they done it. Other than that, flawless game from Rocksteady so far.

I don't understand how they could do that? If a civilian is directly in the middle of the street and the batmobile is going 100 MPH, how could they explain that civilian survives? I guess the only thing they could do is just keep the civilians on the sidewalks at all times and never make them cross streets. But, then you'd have to worry about the dumbasses who are driving all over the place and purposely killing the civilians. This isn't GTA.

I really can't think of a solution.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:34 PM

Hmmm...yeah. Or they could just allow it and it won't make a difference to the game will it? At the end of the day, it's open world and people have the right to play it the way they want. I mean in Prototype, you are technically a hero and you're allowed to do anything to anyone in the streets.

Mista J
  • Mista J

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:53 PM

Didn't LA Noire do it so you could run over a certain amount of people before you get an auto fail?

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Champion Guinea Pig [GTAFMC]
    Most Annoying Member [All Time]
    Best Total Overhaul 2014 [GTA SA Beta Edition]
    Biggest Asskisser 2014
    Biggest Asskisser 2013

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:05 PM

I don't understand how they could do that? If a civilian is directly in the middle of the street and the batmobile is going 100 MPH, how could they explain that civilian survives? I guess the only thing they could do is just keep the civilians on the sidewalks at all times and never make them cross streets. But, then you'd have to worry about the dumbasses who are driving all over the place and purposely killing the civilians. This isn't GTA.

I really can't think of a solution.

They can add an invisible wall when in the Batmobile so it can only drive on the roads and nothing else.
It'll be a bit awkward but that's the only thing I can think of.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:22 PM

Didn't LA Noire do it so you could run over a certain amount of people before you get an auto fail?

But this is Batman. Even cops kill people sometimes, as self defense or resisting an arrest, but Batman doesn't do that.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:54 PM

Yeah well this is a video game, not some video game or comic where it actually matters. The gameplay isn't canon to the story. It would actually be hilarious to see Batman beating up random people or some ignorant police who think he is a fugitive.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:01 PM

Yeah well this is a video game, not some video game or comic where it actually matters. The gameplay isn't canon to the story. It would actually be hilarious to see Batman beating up random people or some ignorant police who think he is a fugitive.

Funny, but weird. That's like seeing Trevor clean up his trailer house. Imagine that sh*t. But I'm honestly hyped to see the changes; despite the FreeFlow combat in the Arkham series being a masterfully made mechanic, it still had it's faults, and on more occasions I've lost a combo of x50+ because all of the enemies were on the ground, stunned, and for some stupid reason, Bats wouldn't knock them out for sh*t. But according to the GI article, this will be solved; thank god.

I honestly think this game will Arkham City look like a bad game.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:21 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 06 March 2014 - 02:24 AM.

Looks like we have our first ingame images:

http://www.superhero...w=8321#/slide/1

Bits of new info via CVG:

http://www.computera...weaks-and-more/

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:10 AM

Holy Batman, that looks like it will fry my PC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users