Quantcast

» «
Photo

Unable to log-in to my main account. had to create a temp.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic
TEMPaccountMikeol198
  • TEMPaccountMikeol198

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:16 PM Edited by TEMPaccountMikeol198, 28 February 2014 - 04:21 PM.

Hello guys. 

Well since yesterday, and funnily enough since social club has been being weird with me, (which is wierd cuz I know they're not connected, I'm sure its a coincidence but I am fearful I have been jacked) I have been unable to log in to my REAL forum account which is 

Mikeol1987 
before name change it was
Wipex President Mike

It is telling me I have an invalid password now. everything was fine yesterday.

Now, I can't send a password change to the email address because I am sure I still have a very old email address attached to this account as I registered "Wipex President Mike" (Mikeol1987) in 2003, with one of my friends email accounts. I can prove this is me by telling you the email that is registered to it, (PM) but obviously i cannot access that email individually as its 11 years old.

its troubling me that since this has coincided with the social club going down, and me having just joined the official GTAF crew on GTAOnline, that I have been hacked. 

Any help would be most appreciated, thank you.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:24 PM Edited by Andreas, 28 February 2014 - 04:24 PM.

When logging-in into the account, do you use your old username, or your new one? Name changes only apply to the display name and not to the login name.

TEMPaccountMikeol198
  • TEMPaccountMikeol198

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:33 PM Edited by TEMPaccountMikeol198, 28 February 2014 - 04:35 PM.

I had been using my old log in "Wipex President Mike" to log in to my display changed "Mikeol1987" as I know it does not effect which way to log in. with absolutely no problems at all until I tried late last night and this morning.

also interestingly enough now I can view my profile for Mikeol1987 it has said I was

Mikeol1987

Member Since 07 Apr 2003
OFFLINE Last Active 36 minutes ago

But how could i have been active 36 minutes ago if I can't log in?

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• United-Kingdom
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:39 PM

Are you perhaps logged in to your account on another device? Perhaps on your smartphone or your tablet?

TEMPaccountMikeol198
  • TEMPaccountMikeol198

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:42 PM Edited by TEMPaccountMikeol198, 28 February 2014 - 04:47 PM.

First thing I tryed this morning was logging in my with smartphone, but it is giving me the same password incorrect rubbish, and I'm not logged in anywhere else. (but funnily enough active 40 mins ago? what is going on.)

-Plus my "Wipex President Mike" and my password are saved forms on my browser, so I don't usually need to enter my password, but its telling me it's wrong.

Obviously I tried quite a few times earlier to get in, and it kept saying your account is inactive for 14 minutes or something? This is incredibly frustrating as I don't want to lose my vintage account and start again :(

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:48 PM

You could try contacting the technical support for Microsoft or whoever you registered your email with. I was hacked on an old email address a few years back and couldn't access XBOX Live but couldn't remember what date of birth I used or what my security password was. I decided to contact Microsoft and they got back to me after a short while with instructions.

If you can prove, in any way, that the account is in fact yours, you should be able to get everything resolved.

TEMPaccountMikeol198
  • TEMPaccountMikeol198

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:52 PM Edited by TEMPaccountMikeol198, 28 February 2014 - 04:54 PM.

The trouble is its an old gmail account I think one of the first batch of gmails, and as I explained I registered with a schoolfriends email (I was around his house at the time in 2003) the only way I can prove to you guys that it is me is by telling you that email and someone here helping me reset the email to a new, working one.

- I figure social club being down is just a coincidence as it seems to be happening to alot of people, so I feel less like I've been hacked now but I still don't understand, I mean someone must be in my account for it to have been active 40 mins ago. ( I don't know whether its saying I was active because I was trying to log in or not.. because it gave me the wait 14 minutes thing)

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:59 PM

Try getting in touch with Google support (if that's a thing) and explain your situation. Under the circumstances, if they can find a link between you and the account, you should hopefully regain access. It's worth a shot!

TEMPaccountMikeol198
  • TEMPaccountMikeol198

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:08 PM Edited by TEMPaccountMikeol198, 28 February 2014 - 05:20 PM.

Try getting in touch with Google support (if that's a thing) and explain your situation. Under the circumstances, if they can find a link between you and the account, you should hopefully regain access. It's worth a shot!

I have tried that, theres no way of getting through to them at this time. I don't see my old schoolfriend anymore so I can't ask him - he hasn't even used the account since 2006 I'm pretty sure, the only thing i can do is tell you what email it is and I thought that would be enough to prove I am who I say I am as you cannot view the registered email unless you are logged in, plus, this changing of registered emails is a fairly new thing isn't it? 

So basically I've lost my 11 year old account on this forum, and theres nothing can be done? brilliant. 

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• United-Kingdom
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:19 PM Edited by Raavi, 28 February 2014 - 05:21 PM.

If everything checks out and your IP matches the IP of Mikeol1987 I'm sure something can be done to restore your access. However you'll have to wait for an Administrator.

TEMPaccountMikeol198
  • TEMPaccountMikeol198

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:23 PM Edited by TEMPaccountMikeol198, 28 February 2014 - 06:50 PM.

I hope so Raavi, this is really frustrating me. As soon as I regain access if I can, ( I am 100% sure my IP will match, I'm not the one trying to hack here) I'm changing the registered email so I never have this problem again. its just one of those things you tend to forget about as I've never had to access that email to log in to the forums, and its been such a long time now I couldn't even begin to try, it would mean getting into contact with a schoolfriend I haven't spoken to in 6 years just to ask him if he can get into an account even he's probably forgotten the login details for.

I didn't even know changing of registered email was a thing we could do here, it must be fairly new.

Will an admin check here or is there someway it can be brung to an admin's attention?

I still don't understand how my password has magically become invalid though.

uNi
  • uNi

Cyclop 9

• None

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:36 PM

I've PMed you with a temporary password.

• Raavi likes this

Mikeol1987
  • Mikeol1987

GTAF Rep

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:35 PM Edited by Mikeol1987, 28 February 2014 - 10:56 PM.

Thank you so much guys! whats really strange is I've logged in with the temp password, changed my email address so no fear of re-setting if it happens again, but I didn't have to reset my password, and now I can log in using the same password I was trying to use earlier, my original one. without having to have changed it.
really weird!!! whats the explanation there? Haha

big thanks to you both, Raavi, uNi. Ive added you to my respect list, its a small tribute but its all I can do. :) thanks again
  • Raavi likes this

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:01 AM Edited by geobst, 01 March 2014 - 11:02 AM.

big thanks to you both, Raavi, uNi. Ive added you to my respect list, its a small tribute but its all I can do. :) thanks again

Well, f*ck you then!

:(
  • Kalvin likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users