Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anybody else think R* put the Gangs in Stupid locations?

73 replies to this topic
Bill Williamson
  • Bill Williamson

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:03 PM

??

Really bro, leave him alone, there is point. 

Don't you have a news conference for your upcoming tour to be at?

LMAO, this is hilarious, keep it up you two

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:34 PM

@Official General: Well it is his opinion, people are entitled to them, I myself like the corrupt FIB/government theme more than the gangster theme of San Andreas (the gangster theme was done better in Saints Row 2 IMO), just because you don't like it, it doesn't mean others don't.

You claim people are entitled to their opinions. Right, that is why you have problems whenever I state how I feel towards certain features in V. Just pointing out some major hypocrisy bud.

Has this topic turned into another mess where both sides are baffled that they possess contrasting opinions?
  • Official General likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

я твой слуг

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:23 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 12 March 2014 - 05:24 PM.

@Official General: Well it is his opinion, people are entitled to them, I myself like the corrupt FIB/government theme more than the gangster theme of San Andreas (the gangster theme was done better in Saints Row 2 IMO), just because you don't like it, it doesn't mean others don't.

Oh my... 

ESClassic
  • ESClassic

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:15 PM

Y'all are crazy. Lol

But for real, the FIB missions were alright, but over done. Could've been shortened a bit for other missions.

And for the people in denial about gangs, face it, the gangs are what made the previous titles in the series (and no I'm not talking about just the ghetto gangs.). I'm talking about all the gangs (street gangs, organized crime families, triads, etc etc). Face it, the presence of these gangs and their power over the cities is what made gameplay interested after storyline completion .

Think about it, the fib missions were fun and all, but wouldn't it have been better to have shortened them for other action gameplay in the game involving gangs?

Examples:

In the beginning, ballas and families have a truce up to "a long stretch" which provokes a gang war involving the gangs in Southern LS that spills over to vagos and marabunta which sparks the reason Franklin wants to leave the hood in the first place, ultimately making the gangs build certain levels of hatred towards Franklin do the rest of the game (shoot on site mentality for certain neighborhoods).

I coarse the way the beef with the Madrazo family started was good.

Or maybe further along after the takes from heists got higher, word got bs to crime families and the gangs try to extort the players and their businesses. A mission where you have to take out leutenants and a boss would would result in random hitmen from that gang come and hunt you down randomly throughout game play, leading to random gunfights.

I mean lets be real, Gta 2 inplemented the gang respect system (do certain sh*t to one gang leads to respect from the rival gang and hatred from the attacked gang resulting in a pass on one gang area and conflict in the other gang area). If they did it in that older game, why not in this one?

And for the people on here hatin on gang/drug wars, who the fucc DIDNT like the drug dealing system in Chinatown wars???????????? Imagine that sh*t in HD version, robbing supply vehicles and selling whatever at street or wholesale value, as a side mission so the very few people that actually DON'T. Like it don't have to play it........not a damn stock program, no actions come out of that. At least drug dealers or police try to ambush you during sells. Smh.

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

If anyone is wondering why I don't post anymore, it's be

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:58 AM

You claim people are entitled to their opinions. Right, that is why you have problems whenever I state how I feel towards certain features in V. Just pointing out some major hypocrisy bud.

Has this topic turned into another mess where both sides are baffled that they possess contrasting opinions?

Give me a example of a time I have had a problem with you stating your feelings towards GTA V (besides story related stuff), it's hyprocritical of you to say something like that to me when you go around and call anyone who praises GTA V childish names.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:32 PM

Give me a example of a time I have had a problem with you stating your feelings towards GTA V (besides story related stuff), it's hyprocritical of you to say something like that to me when you go around and call anyone who praises GTA V childish names.

You cannot be that dense. I do apologize if this is too much for you to grasp, but I'm going to say it for the fifth damn time that I do not hate those who praise V! But I'm the brick wall, yeah keep telling yourself that. As for the link, here you go: And hilariously it has you saying the same thing you're saying now. You just love to repeat yourself.

Lucchese - Only III & V? I'm not trying to be a IV fanboy, but hasn't IV majorly impacted GTA? The new engine, the more in depth ways to tell a story, et cetera?

GTA IV should be in the middle. Not quite as revolutionary as GTA III, but more than GTA V IMO. The multiple protagionist switching to me is nothing more than a (no brainer) evolution of multiple protagonists in GTA IV/EFLC when it seemed like R* were toying with the idea of how to intersect story arcs.

GTA IV/EFLC laid the foundation. GTA V built on it.

Yeah I felt the same way about the way about the character related stuff.

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

o(^▽^)o

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:00 PM

Found Vagos at Trevor Runway. WAT.

MonsterCockDude
  • MonsterCockDude

Over 8 inches BPEL of meat.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:36 PM Edited by MonsterCockDude, 18 March 2014 - 05:37 PM.

I dont know, i always seem to be getting shot at by somebody.. be it a hill billy, gang member or just a random beach goer.

If you bought GTA expecting reason and logic then i have some bad news for you

Same, I had Dwayne Forge open fire on me at Vinewood hills last night...

7suzl.jpg

I don't really think they're in odd locations. Gangbangers exist in ghetto areas and more organised crime syndicates are in more covert/construction areas.

Was this in online? I usually only play story mode and usually the only people who shoot at you are either gang members in gang neighborhoods, some rednecks in Blaine county, security guards, or police members.

Edit: Also, are the Vagos near the Sandy Shores airfield also only in online?

AceThaCreator
  • AceThaCreator

B*tch Dont Kill My Vibe

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:50 PM

Yea this and like someone else mentioned not enough gang activity. There shouldve been drive by shootings, gang npcs randomly battling each other,drug deals on the corners, gangs jumping other npcs,tagging graffati, robbing stores, gas stations, & banks, stealing cars, and etc. I think the game would feel more alive if that was the case.
  • pilscy likes this

Shade04rek
  • Shade04rek

Nothin But A Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:57 PM Edited by Shade04rek, 18 March 2014 - 06:05 PM.

^that might have been me. They can be doing tons of stuff, in tons of places, def at night. I dont know if shootings would be too frequent, but sh*t fights can happen outside of the player, but the game doesnt script it naturally, you have to get an npc targeting you to hit another npc on accident, what a waste.

I just think the locations of hood and gang npcs, of both black and hispanic races, should be spawning at the mall, arould lsc and the pier. Hell f*ckers might just be walking randomly around town, in a group or alone. 

It doesn't have to be the main theme of the story, it is just believable atmosphere. I don't care if it is the 80s, 90s or 2069, there are hoodlums everywhere now, 2014, in america... R*, Im throwin down the BS card.

Lol R* really seemed to mainly make strawberry for the trailers, that and the npcs just for the one warehouse mission shown in the trailers from different points like they were different parts of the game.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Spilled coffee on Laptop. no more mods

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:49 PM

Official General is still riding the fame of being known as GTAF's number 1 gangbanger fantasiser I see! 

Embarrassing to watch...truely embarrassing...

lucchese there is simply no excuse to put a crime game in modern time LA and don't involve this angle

There was already a game that involved this angle; a GTA game no less.

I'll give you three guesses.

Just another misguided gringo who believes the mafia/biker angle holds more intelligence over the gang banging angle

Goomba 1 "Oh Hey Vinnie the Guinea,  we got us here a wise guy thinking he can speak on our familia like he is a part of it. by the way I took care of that greaseball who wouldn't sell us that canolli; He is sleeping with the fishes, heh"

Goomba 2 "Gratzi! I hated that greaseball witha the passion. he disrespected me in front of my mah, which you just dont do to a man... Who is the brutto figlio di puttana bastardo who thinks he can talk about us freely? give him a little gift... preferably a bella morte..."

JaysonVoorhees
  • JaysonVoorhees

Antihero

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:56 PM Edited by JaysonVoorhees, 18 March 2014 - 08:56 PM.

I dont know, i always seem to be getting shot at by somebody.. be it a hill billy, gang member or just a random beach goer.

If you bought GTA expecting reason and logic then i have some bad news for you

Same, I had Dwayne Forge open fire on me at Vinewood hills last night...

img=http://puu.sh/7suzl.jpg

I don't really think they're in odd locations. Gangbangers exist in ghetto areas and more organised crime syndicates are in more covert/construction areas.

Was this in online? I usually only play story mode and usually the only people who shoot at you are either gang members in gang neighborhoods, some rednecks in Blaine county, security guards, or police members.
Edit: Also, are the Vagos near the Sandy Shores airfield also only in online?

Yeah it was online. Just randomly got out of his car and started shooting at me when I bumped my car into him.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:03 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 18 March 2014 - 09:04 PM.

??

Really bro, leave him alone, there is point. 

Don't you have a news conference for your upcoming tour to be at?

Not that I agree with everything General is saying, but I think you just need to stop trying to argue with him. We all have our own views here, we don't need to try and convince each other to think otherwise.

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:29 AM

There shouldve been drive by shootings, gang npcs randomly battling each other,drug deals on the corners, gangs jumping other npcs,tagging graffati, robbing stores, gas stations, & banks, stealing cars, and etc. I think the game would feel more alive if that was the case.

agree x100

• LightningLord likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users