Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anybody else think R* put the Gangs in Stupid locations?

73 replies to this topic
Luismy_MMD
  • Luismy_MMD

Modern Man Disease - Singer

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:59 PM Edited by Luismy_MMD, 11 March 2014 - 11:00 PM.

GTA V feels like there is no gang activity for me. 

In fact, the only gang I've seen are Ballas ONLY at Groove Street...

LOST MC only in their missions or random events.

Vagos only in 1 mission..... At the very beggining of the game.

I haven't seen other gangs.

For me, there's just 1 supreme gang in GTA V, THE MAGIC POLICE.  It's safer to walk through grove street than walking near a police precinct...... I still can't believe that the female police officer shoots at you for just being 5 seconds near her.... And that applies to all policemen NPC.

• Miauuu5_7 likes this

Shade04rek
  • Shade04rek

Nothin But A Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:36 PM Edited by Shade04rek, 11 March 2014 - 11:40 PM.

Im pretty sure  that  gang members of all types as well as generic hoodlums go out to public places and cruise around. They should spawn all over the city, and be dense in the low income areas. They should be posted at the beach and under the pier, in allies around town dealing or jumping people at night. Inside quickie marts buying 40s. Screw hanes on his show about gangs. Gang life still exists in 2014 just as violent as any other time. As public as some places are, SOMEBODY will claim an area as their spot, like around the coast. There might not be shootouts but gangmembers will clock somebody in public, rob or jump them and dip before cops, theyre stupid and dont care. There are ghetto people everywhere now a days in america, its pathetic that the stereotype ends off of grove and strawberry.

Vec
  • Vec

That tough guy act is ridiculous! >:U

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:24 AM

GTA V feels like there is no gang activity for me. 

In fact, the only gang I've seen are Ballas ONLY at Groove Street...

LOST MC only in their missions or random events.

Vagos only in 1 mission..... At the very beggining of the game.

I haven't seen other gangs.

For me, there's just 1 supreme gang in GTA V, THE MAGIC POLICE.  It's safer to walk through grove street than walking near a police precinct...... I still can't believe that the female police officer shoots at you for just being 5 seconds near her.... And that applies to all policemen NPC.

Then you don't explore enough?

-Ballas in Grove Street

-Some places in Davis has CGF

-The industrial zone and some plaes in Murrieta Heights has Vagos

-Armenians in the junkyard

-Aztecas in Blaine County

-You can't say you haven't seen any Lost since Trevor's 1st mission has you going to their place. They also are at Hookies in the western highway (Hence why you can't buy that place with Trevor) There's also a bar people mentioned which I don't know where it is, where you can take someone to drink except Trevor

-Marabunta they mostly appear during Oscar missions

briandesu
  • briandesu

thingamahjig

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:10 AM

The one location I can't get behind is the one at Sandy Shores airfield. By the time I'm in an airplane I started a gangwar, and with some a bit of bad luck I'm dead before I managed to get the airplane on the runway.

• tom_p1980 likes this

xboxshqip
  • xboxshqip

Crackhead

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:17 AM

this is not 90's setting so gang are no the focus here anyway 

Sir Winthorpe Herrington
  • Sir Winthorpe Herrington

Rachet

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:24 AM

I personally think there's NOT enough interaction with the gangs.

Actually, I know there isn't.

True. For one I feel east LA was done badly. I wasn't feeling the whole hillside vibe they didn't pull off. They tried to put it in a bit in the streets on and right around lesters house but it's just two small streets and frankly they should of had 10 blocks deep of mexican sur 13 gang activity all through that place, but instead went the easy path and just started the mountain range with the junkyard/ oil area right away. The map is about 80% mountain/ nothingness and 20% city.

• A-Wax8 likes this

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:11 AM Edited by tom_p1980, 12 March 2014 - 09:15 AM.

The airfield at Sandy Shores is one I hate. Like briandesu says, if I do a mission, like "Defender" complete it then spawn at the airfield at Sandy Shore it spawns me right next to the gang attack area. Then if I want to boost the plane thats parked there then the gang attack begins and the gang shoot that plane to crap as I'm getting in.

As you enter the red circle it should give you an option in the bottom corner of the screen, like A (green) to start gang attack or B (red) to decline gang attack.

A-Wax8
  • A-Wax8

Geah

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:18 AM

True. For one I feel east LA was done badly. I wasn't feeling the whole hillside vibe they didn't pull off. They tried to put it in a bit in the streets on and right around lesters house but it's just two small streets and frankly they should of had 10 blocks deep of mexican sur 13 gang activity all through that place, but instead went the easy path and just started the mountain range with the junkyard/ oil area right away. The map is about 80% mountain/ nothingness and 20% city.

I agree. east los is mainly industry, they should have added a few more streets with houses full of marabunta or vagos or another housing project. Only three streets is ridiculous.

• Sir Winthorpe Herrington likes this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:15 AM Edited by Official General, 12 March 2014 - 11:29 AM.

I personally think there's NOT enough interaction with the gangs.

Actually, I know there isn't.

@ A-Wax8 too

GTA V's representation of East LA was just  terrible. It was nothing but factories, warehouses and other industrial sites. East LA is known for it's large Hispanic ghettos, barrios, and heavy Hispanic gang presence. Although East LS in V did have some Vagos sprinkled around, they hung out on quiet, near-empty industrial roads, which was silly. What would gang members be doing in a place like that ? Even SA did East LS much better than V. 

• A-Wax8 likes this

A-Wax8
  • A-Wax8

Geah

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:33 AM Edited by A-Wax8, 12 March 2014 - 11:33 AM.

@OG: yes absolutely I'm happy with most parts of LS, when you compare it with real LA they did a good job, but when it comes to east ls they were lazy.

I feel like when it comes to everything that has to do with hispanics R* is slippin, at least in V.

I mean 50 % of the city is hispanic, I don't think they are enough represented. cartels mexican mafia, east LS, the peds look stupid, storyline... not that much in it

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:37 AM

@OG: yes absolutely I'm happy with most parts of LS, when you compare it with real LA they did a good job, but when it comes to east ls they were lazy.

I feel like when it comes to everything that has to do with hispanics R* is slippin, at least in V.

I mean 50 % of the city is hispanic, I don't think they are enough represented. cartels mexican mafia, east LS, the peds look stupid, storyline... not that much in it

Yeah that was one of Rockstar's major offences in this game. I just don't know why they chose to under-represent the Hispanic angle in this game. Hispanic gangs and Mexican drug cartels should have played a major part in this game. There was just ONE puny little mission at the start of the game with Franklin, involving the Vagos and that stolen motorobike - that was it !!

I just don't get it. 

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:42 AM

You never will General, you never will.

A-Wax8
  • A-Wax8

Geah

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:46 AM

lucchese there is simply no excuse to put a crime game in modern time LA and don't involve this angle

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:46 AM Edited by Official General, 12 March 2014 - 11:51 AM.

You never will General, you never will.

My number star fan ! I can always count on you to keep my fame and popularity on here strong. You come into a thread about a subject you hate just reply to my posts. You cannot exist on this forum without me, you gotta admit it loool

lucchese there is simply no excuse to put a crime game in modern time LA and don't involve this angle

@ A-Wax8

Don't try explaining this to him, it's been done a million times already. He's incapable of understanding straight foward logic whenever it comes to the subject of gangs in Los Santos, simply based on the fact that he hates gang/hood culture and thinks it stupid. He also thinks the boring, bullsh*t FIB/government stuff is the best thing in GTA since sliced bread.

Seriously bro,don't waste your time. 

A-Wax8
  • A-Wax8

Geah

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:50 AM

ok lol

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:53 AM Edited by CantThinkOfOne2013, 12 March 2014 - 12:01 PM.

@Official General: Well it is his opinion, people are entitled to them, I myself like the corrupt FIB/government theme more than the gangster theme of San Andreas (the gangster theme was done better in Saints Row 2 IMO), just because you don't like it, it doesn't mean others don't.

• John Smith likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:00 PM Edited by Lucchese, 12 March 2014 - 12:00 PM.

Official General is still riding the fame of being known as GTAF's number 1 gangbanger fantasiser I see! 

Embarrassing to watch...truely embarrassing...

There was already a game that involved this angle; a GTA game no less.

I'll give you three guesses.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:01 PM Edited by Official General, 12 March 2014 - 12:04 PM.

@Official General: Well it is his opinion, people are entitled to them, I myself like the corrupt FIB/government theme more than the gangster theme of San Andreas (the gangster theme was done better in Saints Row 2 IMO), just because you don't like it, it doesn't mean others don;t.

You missed the point. I never said he was not entitled to his own opinion. Of course he's entitled to his opinion on this. All I was saying was that A-Wax8 should not bother trying to get Lucheese to understand the need for significant Hispanic gang involvement in GTA V, because he's blinded by his hate for that particular theme. If Lucheese hates the gang stuff, I've no issue with that, I've known he's hated for a very long time, that's his business - he's the one who always attacks my posts because I'm for it. 

@ Lucheese

Official General is still riding the fame of being known as GTAF's number 1 gangbanger fantasiser I see!

You bring this up again unprovoked. Don't let me start bro, you know what I mean. Let me just say this.....your youth. Now, let's end this here before I say what I might say.

• G.S.T likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:17 PM

General:

he's the one who always attacks my posts because I'm for it.

I don't attack you because you're for it, no sir, I debate your beliefs that because GTA V was set in a fictional rendition of LA, R* had an obligation and responsibility to fulfill you gangbanger fantasies. Did you not get your fix with SA or something?

You bring this up again unprovoked

Rich.

Don't let me start bro, you know what I mean. Let me just say this.....your youth. Now, let's end this here before I say what I might say.

Oh here he goes again...smfh...

Say whatever you want homie. Like I tell you everytime you feel the need to get personal and bring up my youth, I'm not embarrassed about my younger days; I thought that whole 'gangsta' crap was cool back then as my brain was still maturing. But go ahead oh-famous-one...shame thy.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

A GTA V fanboy's worst nightmare

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:20 PM Edited by SonOfLiberty, 12 March 2014 - 12:27 PM.

I wasn't a big fan of SA's gangsta theme, but I felt as if it fitted in with the game better than GTA V's FIB/government angle. Though to be fair when CJ becomes a spy for hire and messes with the mafia in LV that's when things become stupid.

It's not that I don't like the theme itself it's just R* seem to be hesitant to dive into it too deeply. It had potential in SA and in GTA V it's barely touched at all. Something in the vein of Training Day would be pretty cool I think.

A-Wax8
  • A-Wax8

Geah

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:48 PM

SA was in the 90's it was mainly crips vs bloods

today its more about cartels, the predominant hispanic gangs and very depressing black vs mexican racial conflicts . it's a different time with a different theme

it seems you have no idea what you are talking about

• Official General likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:01 PM

I wasn't a big fan of SA's gangsta theme, but I felt as if it fitted in with the game better than GTA V's FIB/government angle. Though to be fair when CJ becomes a spy for hire and messes with the mafia in LV that's when things become stupid.

It's not that I don't like the theme itself it's just R* seem to be hesitant to dive into it too deeply. It had potential in SA and in GTA V it's barely touched at all. Something in the vein of Training Day would be pretty cool I think.

As I've stressed numerous times, I wouldn't object to an element of that particular theme being implemented, as despite the pretty generic nature of it, it still provides opportunities for even more fun gameplay. However, and as I've also stressed numerous times, if that direction is going to come at the expense and get in the way of more fresh and innovative story-telling, especially when it's something that's already been done in the series, then I don't want to see any of it thank you very much.

This is the difference between Official General and I; while I'm not really into that 'gangsta' stuff and find it a joke frankly, I can still appreciate the levels of fun it may provide. He on the other hand is so obviously wounded that he didn't get any of that stuff, and so blatantly angry at how "boring" the FIB direction was, that he stubbornly refuses to acknowledge how fun some of those government missions were. Now, you might say that is entirely subjective, but I'm sorry, if you claim you didn't have fun with some of those tasks, then you are either:

a) bullsh*tting me

b) bullsh*tting yourself

c) just another hurt fanboy of another title in the series

Brash words indeed, but that's how I feel.

• CantThinkOfOne2013 likes this

JaysonVoorhees
  • JaysonVoorhees

Antihero

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:05 PM Edited by JaysonVoorhees, 12 March 2014 - 01:06 PM.

I dont know, i always seem to be getting shot at by somebody.. be it a hill billy, gang member or just a random beach goer.

If you bought GTA expecting reason and logic then i have some bad news for you

Same, I had Dwayne Forge open fire on me at Vinewood hills last night...

7suzl.jpg

I don't really think they're in odd locations. Gangbangers exist in ghetto areas and more organised crime syndicates are in more covert/construction areas.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:08 PM

SA was in the 90's it was mainly crips vs bloods

today its more about cartels, the predominant hispanic gangs and very depressing black vs mexican racial conflicts . it's a different time with a different theme

it seems you have no idea what you are talking about

Thanks for the enlightenment chief, but I'm well aware of what era we're living in and what gangs are where. Regardless, they're all street gangs at the end of the day, and the Hispanic hoods already played quite a predominant role in SA.

What? Because there is apparently now racial tensions between black and Hispanic gangers, that in itself somehow justifies its own whole story? Not for me it doesn't.

A-Wax8
  • A-Wax8

Geah

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:14 PM

its really pointless to discuss with you, where did I say a whole story about racial tensions? either you are stupid or you have fun to misinterpret posts

• Official General likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:22 PM Edited by Lucchese, 12 March 2014 - 01:32 PM.

Edit: stupid f*cking PS3. Reply below.

A-Wax8
  • A-Wax8

Geah

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:23 PM Edited by A-Wax8, 12 March 2014 - 01:25 PM.

??

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:30 PM

its really pointless to discuss with you, where did I say a whole story about racial tensions? either you are stupid or you have fun to misinterpret posts

You're complaining that V didn't have a gangbanger angle (black/Hispanic/whatever). I then told you that there was already a GTA that revolved around this angle. You then tried to justify a return to that angle because nowadays it's different - your reasons being that there are now conflicts between blacks and Hispanics, ie racial tensions amongst the gangs.

Were my words too complicated for anybody else?

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:33 PM Edited by Official General, 12 March 2014 - 03:39 PM.

??

Really bro, leave him alone, there is no point. 

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

??

Really bro, leave him alone, there is point. 

Don't you have a news conference for your upcoming tour to be at?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users