» «
Photo

Game "Pauses" then i hit WASD?

7 replies to this topic
arandomguy452
  • arandomguy452

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:42 AM Edited by arandomguy452, 04 March 2014 - 07:08 PM.

EDIT:

I FIXED IT! Turns out i just had to reinstall the game and reinstall direct x 9.0c, now the problem is still there, but it goes away after i have loaded the in game world fully. i guess this topic can be closed now. Thanks for the help, everyone.

I recently got a new comp and got bored one day and looked around for my old copy of San Andreas for PC, reinstalled it, and everything is fine, but when i try to walk around using WASD the game will freeze if i hold the button down, and unfreeze when i let go making the game unplayable. I know this glitch is a main thing that happens to people on GTA IV, but this is the first time i have had this happen to me on GTA SA... Sure, i could use a controller, but playing SAMP would be kinda tedious having to switch from a Controller to a Keyboard to type/play the game.

So does anyone have a fix for this? i have been looking for an answer but only found 1 solution that half-worked, and that was Disabling Windows Event Log and Windows Event Collector. But this only made it where i could use A and D just fine without it "Pausing" the game, but W & S would still do so.

OH, and before i forget, here are my PC Specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1

AMD FX 6100 "Zambezi" 6-core Proccessor running at 3.3GHz

8 gigs of RAM Running at 800 MHz

ATI Radeon HD 7770 1gig

So it can't be my Hardware... is it just because of my 64-bit windows? I know my old Windows XP machine could run this game with ZERO problems. and i have tried running as admin, and compatibility modes.... It doesn't work it seems.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:33 AM Edited by lil weasel, 28 February 2014 - 05:34 AM.

Try setting the affinity to core "0" only.

Try running in XP mode, or Win98 if you have mouse problems.

Run the game with Admin Privileges.

Is it installed to the default C:/ drive?

If you have a USB keyboard try plugging it into another USB Port while the game Is Not running.

arandomguy452
  • arandomguy452

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:15 PM

Is it installed to the default C:/ drive?

Yes, it is. it's in C:\program files (x86)\Rockstar Games

Also i tried plugging my USB keyboard into a new USB port, didn't work though. Setting the Core affinity didn't help either. i think maybe i should just reinstall the game to my second hard drive... If that even does anything.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:55 PM

Are you sure the keys 'WASD' aren't assigned to more than one action. Alternatively, try switching to the arrow keys and check if it still pauses the game.

I'm assuming you're already running the game in Win 98 compatibility mode.

arandomguy452
  • arandomguy452

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:30 PM Edited by arandomguy452, 02 March 2014 - 07:02 PM.

Are you sure the keys 'WASD' aren't assigned to more than one action. Alternatively, try switching to the arrow keys and check if it still pauses the game.

I'm assuming you're already running the game in Win 98 compatibility mode.

I am pretty sure WASD is not assigned to another action... Maybe I'll double check that. Arrow keys also make the game freeze until i release the button.

Also i am using it in compatibly for Win98 since my mouse doesn't work if i use any other compatibility mode.... i still find this strange. since i have other friends who played this on similar machines and they could play it without issue.... I almost wonder if it is somehow my keyboard?

*EDIT!*

It appears if i press Anything on my keyboard in game it freezes. it's not just WASD anymore, it's every single key on my keyboard... and it can't be the keyboard itself, since i have used this SAME keyboard on that game before, back on my old WinXP Computer.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:22 PM

Borrow a key board, to see if that might be the problem.

arandomguy452
  • arandomguy452

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:46 AM Edited by arandomguy452, 04 March 2014 - 01:31 AM.

I found an old inland keyboard that i forgot about, i think i bought this thing new in 2010.... anyways, i tried it, and the issue is still present. but it is less severe. it will still freeze if i hold down the button fully, but if i hold it down lightly, just enough for my character to move, it takes a few seconds for it to actually freeze. so it's not AS annoying, but still present.

*EDIT*

I found a possible fix, turns out my video drivers are out of date. i am gonna update them and see if that might just be the issue somehow.

arandomguy452
  • arandomguy452

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:16 PM

I found an old inland keyboard that i forgot about, i think i bought this thing new in 2010.... anyways, i tried it, and the issue is still present. but it is less severe. it will still freeze if i hold down the button fully, but if i hold it down lightly, just enough for my character to move, it takes a few seconds for it to actually freeze. so it's not AS annoying, but still present.

*EDIT*

I found a possible fix, turns out my video drivers are out of date. i am gonna update them and see if that might just be the issue somehow.

Turns out updating my drivers didn't do much.... i am just gonna reinstall the game. hopefully that works.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users