Quantcast

» «
Photo

New Assassination & Flight School Missions. Disappointed?

194 replies to this topic
SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:45 PM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 28 February 2014 - 09:03 PM.

YiBrDcE.png

In just about every newswire post regarding new content for GTA V & GTA Online they teased new Story Mode Content coming soon on the footer of some articles. They left little details to hype us up and now they have told us that we will be getting new Assassination & Flight School missions. 

Is anyone disappointed in this news? The new assassination missions might be kinda cool for the first thirty Minutes and I don't even see the point of adding more flight school missions. Majority of people played this during there first run to achieve 100% completion and if they just wanted to improve there pilot skills. Majority of people have had several months with GTA and no-one should be a horrible pilot who desperately needs a few new flight school missions so I don't see the point.

The only reason I could see to give these new flight missions a purpose would be to give us the Hunter that they have been teasing as a reward for getting platinum on all of the flight missions just like GTA: San Andreas.

For me the Hunter reward would be just about the only thing that would slightly interest me in what currently looks like pointless Single Player add-ons. What do you guys think?

• sqre, Witchking Of Angmar, LilMcJohn and 1 other like this

Barefoot Tiger
  • Barefoot Tiger

GTAV Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:52 PM

It's kinda difficult to give an opinion on something that hasn't happened yet...

• Th3MaN1, stjimmy3, IDredMan and 4 others like this

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:54 PM

It's kinda difficult to give an opinion on something that hasn't happened yet...

Asking for peoples thoughts on the IDEA not the GAMEPLAY.

• Luk38644, SuperDuperGta, theGTAking101 and 2 others like this

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:01 AM Edited by 2281, 28 February 2014 - 12:02 AM.

Let's just hope that those new assassination missions aren't the "continued adventures with Michael, Trevor, and Franklin" (or however it was worded).

• Bull12345Bull, Choco Taco, Mv6 and 6 others like this

LilMcJohn
  • LilMcJohn

Leaf's Yellow Flash

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:02 AM Edited by LilMcJohn, 28 February 2014 - 12:03 AM.

Yeah I'm disappointed because they need to add something other than this sh*t. Maybe more animals or even better side missions then " assassinations." Lol more missions for us to exploit the stock market in single player though. 

• theGTAking101 likes this

restlessmind
  • restlessmind

nothing to see here

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:35 AM

I remember back in the day when you bought a game and that was that, no DLC, and you have to put up with the same characters, same bugs until the day you stop playing. These are good times we're living in. I wouldn't get my knickers in a twist if I were you.

• kanudo, Katve, BallinOutOfMind and 14 others like this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:37 AM

Unless R* doesn't know about words, that's not substantial.

I would be willing to bet this is something similar to Online's little DLC's, but for SP only.

I doubt this is the significant DLC they kept telling us about.

We won't know until the future though.

• theGTAking101 and maxrogers like this

17th
  • 17th

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:38 AM Edited by 17th, 28 February 2014 - 12:40 AM.

I told you, I told you... This is your big story DLC. Few pointless missions.

At least we are now 100% sure that GTA is dead.

• Katve, theGTAking101, im_stoned and 3 others like this

liquidussnake119
  • liquidussnake119

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:40 AM

but...but...and it says "much more"!!!

Yeah, I know, between this and heists still not being released for online I'm kind of a sad camper.

Oh well, I still enjoy the main game.

• iainspad likes this

iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:42 AM

OP, you're disappointed over a small tease of information while not considering this could be preparation for the greater whole. At least SP is getting little things here and there, but we don't know how in-depth they will be and why they are a DC in the first place.

Also: Content Creator Update? More Stuff?

INB4 "Mission Creator". I really doubt this will happen.

dyspoid
  • dyspoid

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:45 AM

As long as these updates remain frequent, I am happy.

in Australia, we pay around 20 dollars to see some sh*tty movie. Gta V cost me 3.5x that. It has given me, and still does, my pretty penny's worth.

In saying that, I hope that the new assassination missions are more developed than the last, or at least increased in difficulty. Heck, they might need to be. Theoretically, Rockstar could tie them into thr story. Multimillionare gangsters (the Michael variety), hood rats and meth addicts are likely to attract sosme attntion...
  • s_aint and restlessmind like this

Mad_Maxine
  • Mad_Maxine

ʇnɥʍ

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:45 AM

well if there is a DLC that the GTA forums dosent find dissopointing itll be a damn miracle.

• Rock Howard, Sprue, lol232 and 6 others like this

liquidussnake119
  • liquidussnake119

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:46 AM

They really should release the mission creator.  We know it exists, and it could lead to a LOT of fun things IMO.  Even if it is only the quality of online missions.

iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:46 AM Edited by iainspad, 28 February 2014 - 12:47 AM.

f*ck you. You're a negative ninny who only exists on this board now to hate the game, and it should be pointed out that constantly bitching about a game you hate on its fan board is the biggest waste of time anyone on this board can do.

If all you're ever going to post is pessimism instead of constructive input then f*ck off and find something better to do with your time.

• PreciousWall, Sprue, BallinOutOfMind and 4 others like this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:47 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 28 February 2014 - 12:49 AM.

Wtf did i just hear? bro do you mean GTA Online or the entire Franchise? cus GTA just got bigger after V's Success.So i dont get you at all.

Edit:throughout it existance since 1997 GTA have had 4 Mammoth Expansions,so we shouldnt be expecting newer ones.

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:52 AM

I remember back in the day when you bought a game and that was that, no DLC, and you have to put up with the same characters, same bugs until the day you stop playing. These are good times we're living in. I wouldn't get my knickers in a twist if I were you.

in those days more effort went into making the games. too much bs dlcs and patches these days

• sqre and Official General like this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:21 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 28 February 2014 - 01:22 AM.

in those days more effort went into making the games. too much bs dlcs and patches these days

In those days, creating a game was a lot different than creating a game nowadays.

Oh really? This is the big story DLC?

Tell me Nostradamus, since you can see into the future...

What are the winning lotto numbers?

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:25 AM

As long as it's free I don't mind, otherwise I don't see myself paying more than a penny just for less than an hour of extra playtime..

Flight School means nothing to me as they're easy as can be, and the Flight Challenges really give me no reason to try it some more.

Assassinations were great in GTA IV, decent in V but I wouldn't mind trying some more of it.. just hope it's more than 3 this time.

• Katve and theGTAking101 like this

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:30 AM

Flight school: it's an alright side mission, but nothing to get too excited about. The assassination missions on the other hand are what I'm really looking forward to.

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:17 AM

Let's just hope that those new assassination missions aren't the "continued adventures with Michael, Trevor, and Franklin" (or however it was worded).

Frank's the guy doing the hits, so I doubt anyone but him and Lester will be involved. It should be an opportunity for those who finished the initial assassinations before The Big One and missed out on the opportunities to make hundreds of millions in dirty trader cash. 

It'd be nice to see a major character from IV/V as one of the targets. 

I'm sorta opposed to prologue story DLC, but it'd make sense for them to release 2 major add-ons: one telling Michael & Trevor's Yankton tales, another featuring Franklin during his gangbangin' days. 

We'll see. 

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:27 AM

Frank's the guy doing the hits, so I doubt anyone but him and Lester will be involved. It should be an opportunity for those who finished the initial assassinations before The Big One and missed out on the opportunities to make hundreds of millions in dirty trader cash. 

It'd be nice to see a major character from IV/V as one of the targets. 

I'm sorta opposed to prologue story DLC, but it'd make sense for them to release 2 major add-ons: one telling Michael & Trevor's Yankton tales, another featuring Franklin during his gangbangin' days. 

We'll see. 

Well said bro.

Vec
  • Vec

That tough guy act is ridiculous! >:U

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:30 AM

And where in that text states that the DLC story are the assasination and flight school missions?

• SCOOBASTEEB likes this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:37 AM

And where in that text states that the DLC story are the assasination and flight school missions?

Exactly,i think these were just to make SP people not get bored before the Story Expansions.I dont get why people are coming up with a stupid conclusion.

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:39 AM

so no story mode dlc...

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

Dan Croll's into some deep drugs.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:40 AM

They better give us more that this bullsh*t, we all know how to fly a plane so why add more flight school missions, and what's the point of assassinations other that the scripted stock market. I hated the assassinations in the story, the the new ones probably won't be much better. 

• tikhung01 likes this

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:41 AM

Maybe the flight school missions will involve military aircraft and blowing things up.  Perhaps a dogfight.

I really hope the flight school increases your skill enough to remove the wobbly turbulence.  I hate that.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Rumpy Bumps

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:56 AM

New flight school missions?

Are we going to learn how to take off AGAIN?

• Katve and theGTAking101 like this

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

Dark Esper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:59 AM

New flight school missions?

Are we going to learn how to take off AGAIN?

Lol I just thought of something funny, what if the new plane we're getting is a piece of sh*t, and when we try to take off, the plane's wheels are so delicate that they break off before you can even fly? LOL

• theGTAking101 likes this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:09 AM Edited by cp1dell, 28 February 2014 - 03:12 AM.

"I told you, I told you"

Really? We get half a sentence that briefly mentions the DLC, and you assume that's all it has to offer? Are you f*cking kidding me? Get your head out of your ass.

"At least we are now 100% sure that GTA is dead."

Oh, you're one of those doomsday prophesiers. That explains it.

EDIT: Jesus f*cking Christ. Look at all the people in this thread jumping to conclusions. This is ridiculous. It's like most of you can't form a coherent thought.

• iainspad likes this

Vec
  • Vec

That tough guy act is ridiculous! >:U

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:15 AM

Ron called. He said he'd like to invite you to his next BCR Community Hour show

• iainspad likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users