Photo

Stand-up Jokes

19 replies to this topic
johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:17 PM Edited by johnny_zoo, 27 February 2014 - 11:18 PM.

I am trying out stand up comedy so I am practicing via Youtube. Check out my videos guys and leave feedback if you want. Even be critical if you want. I was gonna post this elsewhere but who else has the best sense of humour on the internet than gtaforums? (Apart from Saints Row board of course.)

http://www.youtube.c...VTJRGgF6S6cE0cg

• stu and JIMHO like this

JIMHO
  • JIMHO

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:48 PM Edited by JIMHO, 27 February 2014 - 10:48 PM.

Will check this out later. Thanks for sharing!

Marwin Moody
  • Marwin Moody

u in da mood?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Norway

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:54 PM

You should defo be more determined in the way you speak. With a slightly low(er than usual) volume I was barely able to make out what you said. It made you seem insecure :yingyang:

stu
  • stu

I'm finished.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:04 AM Edited by stu, 28 February 2014 - 12:05 AM.

I think you did good, I was quite surprised. Especially baring in mind that you're only just starting and testing the waters. I did laugh as well, which is ultimately what you're trying to get people to do. I'd say work on your voice a little bit, in some of them it sounded like you were trying not to wake the person in the next room. Maybe there was someone sleeping in the next room though lol. It was pretty good though, I think the "Women are crazy" video was the funniest for me.  

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:23 AM

Your inspiration from Dave Chappelle is very obvious. It's okay to be inspired by a comedian, but you need to find your own voice, figuratively speaking. People are going to notice the influence and some will find it insincere' given how close it is. For example, Chris Rock is heavily influenced by Carlin, you can notice it in the stage presence, the subject matter etc, but everyone knows a Chris Rock joke as a Chris Rock joke because he puts his own experience and personality into the works.

Also as previously mentioned, you're pretty quiet, which gives a sense of insecurity, which you really need for something like comedy. Crowds are not forgiving in comedy and unlike something like music or theatre, you don't have an instrument or an act as a guard, or friends. It's just you alone. Confidence is key.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:17 AM

I can't disagree with what was said above. I could barely hear you with my phone to my ear.

JIMHO
  • JIMHO

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:09 AM

Who else cried a little when they watched these?

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:21 PM

Thanks for feedback guys my voice has always been low as I am a quiet person normally I don't worry too much because won't a microphone mean everyone can hear?

Jimho what you mean cry? Was it that funny to you?

I' have more jokes to tell I will upload them too.

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Mélomanie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:26 PM Edited by Fallcreek, 28 February 2014 - 02:30 PM.

I'm not sure if it's just the audio, but you seem a bit nervous haha.

Anyways, it's not about having a microphone near your mouth, it's all about how you project your voice. You need to have that intergrity to get the audience's attention. You also need that 'POP' in your punch lines, I found myself missing the kicker because it wasn't obvious lol

You just need to work on your presentation a bit more, besides that, you're fine

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:17 PM

Thanks for feedback guys my voice has always been low as I am a quiet person normally I don't worry too much because won't a microphone mean everyone can hear?

Yeah people will hear what you're saying with a microphone maybe, but that's not really the big issue. Having a loud voice that carries gives a sense of confidence in what you're saying, something you really need in comedy because like I said previously, comedy crowds will eat you alive if you seem unsure when telling a joke. The joke actually being funny is only half the battle, you need to present it in a way that not only gets the audience to believe in it, but most importantly shows that you believe in it.

JIMHO
  • JIMHO

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:59 PM

No, it was depressing. I'm sorry. I was specifically commenting on, "My Family's Ancestors extended."

You can take something like racism and make it funny because it's so sad you have to laugh. That's why American Indians laugh so much.

Survival = Anger x Imagination, as Sherman Alexie says.

Study that stuff.

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:41 PM Edited by johnny_zoo, 28 February 2014 - 07:52 PM.

No, it was depressing. I'm sorry. I was specifically commenting on, "My Family's Ancestors extended."

You can take something like racism and make it funny because it's so sad you have to laugh. That's why American Indians laugh so much.

Survival = Anger x Imagination, as Sherman Alexie says.

Study that stuff.

I've read that post multiple times and Im still not sure what youre talking about.

So its not funny? Also what do Indians have to do with the joke? Did I come off sad telling it, is that what you meant? 

I think why I was so quiet was because my family about in my house and I didn't want to disturb next time I will go all out. Yes I did keep looking off to the side too much haha. Need to stop that.

Stu glad you laughed since you were voted funniest member. Were there any other jokes you laughed at or think has potential?

JIMHO
  • JIMHO

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:29 AM

There I was, trying to give thoughtful advice. Not doing that again!

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:32 PM

There I was, trying to give thoughtful advice. Not doing that again!

Dont let me stop you from giving advice. Just be more clear as to what you mean!

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:33 PM

Stu glad you laughed since you were voted funniest member. Were there any other jokes you laughed at or think has potential?

That vote was rigged, just FYI. Stu, Panz, and a few others pull the strings around here, and he set himself up for the funniest member award.

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:57 PM

That vote was rigged, just FYI. Stu, Panz, and a few others pull the strings around here, and he set himself up for the funniest member award.

Oh really? Didnt know that. 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:28 PM

I always thought about doing standup comedy if I didn't get such bad stagefright. Hell, the joke I made in that knife attack thread last night would've been perfect for a George Carlin-esque routine.

Knock Knock

Who's there?

Orange.

Orange who?

ORANGE you going to open up the door to your classroom?

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:53 PM Edited by johnny_zoo, 04 March 2014 - 01:53 PM.

I always thought about doing standup comedy if I didn't get such bad stagefright. Hell, the joke I made in that knife attack thread last night would've been perfect for a George Carlin-esque routine.

Knock Knock

Who's there?

Orange.

Orange who?

If you ever do post it here I would like to see it.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:54 PM

Knock Knock

Who's there?

Orange.

Orange who?

I just posted it.

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:09 PM

Knock Knock

Who's there?

Orange.

Orange who?

I just posted it.

Ah lol, I meant you know an actual set in front of an audience but never mind.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users