Photo

Opinion on V after 5 months of playing!

205 replies to this topic
redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:59 AM Edited by redx165, 19 March 2014 - 04:26 AM.

Fix the damn re-spawns,  Anything less than two blocks away from all players is unacceptable.

Fix Helicopters respawn. In all honestly if you blow up 10 helicopters than their should not be anymore that chase you. 

A_smitty56
  • A_smitty56

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:12 AM Edited by A_smitty56, 16 March 2014 - 03:12 AM.

@redx165

Can somewhat deal with police helicopters by finding a tunnel or parking garage.   But there's nothing you can really do when a player kills you then you spawn 15 feet away from him.   Or you're in a shoot out with someone else and you're behind cover, next thing you know a player the other guy just killed spawns behind you and kills you.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:31 AM

its still a great game, but if most of the stuff from IV and SA came, then it would be my best GTA yet. but now?

a lot of stuff IV beats V in. same with SA.

I just can't describe it right :/

That is how I feel.  I find each game has it's good points and bad points, but in V there is actually more bad points than in IV and SA.  I still overall rate V an 8/10 but there is still more bad points (that I can still forgive) over the positive points (which aren't very special, anyways)

You can count me on the same thoughts as the both of you. It has got to the point that on more thinking, I've revised my score for GTA V to a 7.5/10 from an 8/10.

• MetalMilitia89 likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:26 AM

its still a great game, but if most of the stuff from IV and SA came, then it would be my best GTA yet. but now?

a lot of stuff IV beats V in. same with SA.

I just can't describe it right :/

That is how I feel.  I find each game has it's good points and bad points, but in V there is actually more bad points than in IV and SA.  I still overall rate V an 8/10 but there is still more bad points (that I can still forgive) over the positive points (which aren't very special, anyways)

You can count me on the same thoughts as the both of you. It has got to the point that on more thinking, I've revised my score for GTA V to a 7.5/10 from an 8/10.

The fact that I still play GTA IV every day over V says something. I do modify my PC version of IV so it may not be an entirely fair comparison, but if and when V is released on my preferred platform my opinion might change.

Cheers.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:57 AM

For graphics, visual effects and textures, the GTA V map gets 10/10. The map size was great, it's huge and vast, but I felt quite a bit of it was wasted, so it gets a 9/10. 

Don't think I'm saying this just because it's you... I've made this point elsewhere. 

Go outside and go to the countryside. You'll notice that a lot of it is empty. You might say wasted. That's how country side is. Filling it with stuff would have been nonsensical, because it wouldn't be countryside then. It would just be side. 

You really are one of the biggest smart asses aren't you? You're not funny so just stop. I'm pretty sure he is implying that detail is lacking within the countryside in some areas. You know, how some mountains are just there, bare, and basic? How there are no random cabins or barely anything interesting to find? I'm pretty sure he implied that, just sayin'...

• TheOtherRyan likes this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:03 PM

For graphics, visual effects and textures, the GTA V map gets 10/10. The map size was great, it's huge and vast, but I felt quite a bit of it was wasted, so it gets a 9/10.

Don't think I'm saying this just because it's you... I've made this point elsewhere. 

Go outside and go to the countryside. You'll notice that a lot of it is empty. You might say wasted. That's how country side is. Filling it with stuff would have been nonsensical, because it wouldn't be countryside then. It would just be side.
You really are one of the biggest smart asses aren't you? You're not funny so just stop. I'm pretty sure he is implying that detail is lacking within the countryside in some areas. You know, how some mountains are just there, bare, and basic? How there are no random cabins or barely anything interesting to find? I'm pretty sure he implied that, just sayin'...

Agreed. However I have a feeling that he may have also been referring to places like the prison and the dam which are actually quite wasted.
  • Scaglietti likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:06 PM Edited by StingrayX, 17 March 2014 - 12:07 PM.

Hmm, who deleted my post? :sigh:

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:12 PM

Agreed. However I have a feeling that he may have also been referring to places like the prison and the dam which are actually quite wasted.

No, I'm referring to the countryside. Which, as I said, is often empty in real life. 

And yes, I'm a big smartass. So what? We have a few around here. 

Hmm, who deleted my post? :sigh:

One of the other mods, who probably figured you didn't want to be spotted flaming a led-by. Just saying. 

• ten-a-penny likes this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:15 PM

By "he" I was talking about General. Not you Fuzz.
  • Scaglietti likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:16 PM

By "he" I was talking about General. Not you Fuzz. Because you're just so totally awesome.

Phew! I was about to get all Bruce Banner up in this mahf*cker.

• TheOtherRyan and Scaglietti like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:35 PM Edited by StingrayX, 17 March 2014 - 01:33 PM.

Sure, another mod... But I guess we better get back on topic. By the way I wasn't flaming, I was just saying you didn't need to be a smartass and then explained why Official General likely felt the way he did.

Edit: You're a pretty unpleasant user, Fuzzknuckles.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:43 PM

Sure, another mod... But I guess we better get back on topic. By the way I wasn't flaming, I was just saying you didn't need to be a smartass and then explained why Official General likely felt the way he did.

Nice save bro. 

And it was Wildbrick, so... your move?

Back on topic. 

I haven't actually played v for a couple of months now, and I'm about to start playing back through IV for, what, the 5th time... V is on my list to play again straight after IV. When V was released, I replayed SA for the first time in years and I didn't enjoy it anywhere near as much as I expected to. Funnily enough, my complaints were different to when I first played it and may surprise some:

- Landscape felt too big, travelling city to city suddenly felt a chore.

- Landscape was too cluttered, it felt like they'd crammed in detail for the sake of it, rather than because it made it feel more realistic. Basically the entire Northern island felt wrong, last time around. 

- Too many distractions - yeah, that's right, I felt like there was too much to do on the side, and none of it felt particularly finished (when compared to IV, as I obviously hadn't played V at this point). 

I didn't feel any of this when playing IV or V, so I think it improved massively - and this was a consistent feeling for me right up into my third playthrough (which I have since abandoned due to a foul up with the stunt jumps.) Once I go back to V, I think my feelings will have changed compared to when I first started playing - all three playthroughs were done without switching to another game, but I've since played all kinds of stuff that may have influenced my opinion. 

• ten-a-penny likes this

Blennerville
  • Blennerville

Trick

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:01 PM

wait till it a year or 2 old then a lot of the fanboyism will have faded.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:03 PM

Yes, that has clearly been the case for VC and San An, definitely.  :catspider:

Blennerville
  • Blennerville

Trick

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:18 PM Edited by Blennerville, 17 March 2014 - 01:18 PM.

the difference is that people were not stupidly defending things that were clearly bad in those games.

VC is considered the best GTA by lots of people who have been following GTA since 97 and i agree.

SA is also good, not great but you have to tip your hat to it for what it did, you can understand why some people love it.

GTA5 will be the same as GTA4 - remember everyone saying its the best thing since sliced bread just because!!! - it was/is the top of metacritic - then a few years after its release a lot of the same people loved to hate it = fanboys. Same with GTA5 and people crying if it got anything less than a 10/10. give it time.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

the difference is that people were not stupidly defending things that were clearly bad in those games.

VC is considered the best GTA by lots of people who have been following GTA since 97 and i agree.

SA is also good, not great but you have to tip your hat to it for what it did, you can understand why some people love it.

GTA5 will be the same as GTA4 - remember everyone saying its the best thing since sliced bread just because!!! - it was/is the top of metacritic - then a few years after its release a lot of the same people loved to hate it = fanboys. Same with GTA5 and people crying if it got anything less than a 10/10. give it time.

But, and this is going to blow your mind... what if some people didn't think those things that were 'clearly bad' (lolopinion) were actually bad? It's subjective. One person deciding it is bad does not make it a fact that it's bad. 

Everyone in the world except me thinks the Yoga is bad. I don't. I see what they were trying to do, and I see that they did it. Very well. But everyone else things it shouldn't be there, that it was a waste of development, that it replaced other things... That doesn't mean they're right. 

I've been playing GTA since the day the top down original came out. I don't believe that VC is the best GTA game. Does that make me wrong, because I prefer a different one? No, it doesn't. 

STALEMATE. 

• TheOtherRyan and ten-a-penny like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:55 PM

But, and this is going to blow your mind... what if some people didn't think those things that were 'clearly bad' (lolopinion) were actually bad? It's subjective. One person deciding it is bad does not make it a fact that it's bad. 

Everyone in the world except me thinks the Yoga is bad. I don't. I see what they were trying to do, and I see that they did it. Very well. But everyone else things it shouldn't be there, that it was a waste of development, that it replaced other things... That doesn't mean they're right. 

I've been playing GTA since the day the top down original came out. I don't believe that VC is the best GTA game. Does that make me wrong, because I prefer a different one? No, it doesn't. 

STALEMATE. 

Damn that mental,so you been with the Series for over 17 years playing all the 15 games? now that what you call a legendary fan :)

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:56 PM Edited by ten-a-penny, 17 March 2014 - 01:59 PM.

plus, the annoying people.

here in the V section, you're either a fanboy/fangirl or a hater. no other choice.

if you dislike V, you're SA/IV fanboy. if you like V, you're SA/IV hater and C* + V fanboy.

criticism is NOT allowed. state one broken thing and you'll be a hater.

first days of release anyone? :lol:

sad. -enter GTA title here- fanboys makes the game look bad, not the game itself. I loved SA the day I played it. now? I really feel sorry for the game. its brainless fanboys/fangils make it look bad.

as an evidence, when I first played IV, I didn't like it. enjoyed its features but didn't like it. but I liked it after meeting alot of SANE IV fans here. (SonOfLiberty as a basic example. stop calling him a fanboy because he's not.)

TL;DR: you'll never get the perfect GTA, and Rockstar will never please everyone. also fanboys make games look bad. SANE fans make you like the game.

• Fuzzknuckles likes this

Blennerville
  • Blennerville

Trick

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:35 PM Edited by Blennerville, 17 March 2014 - 03:37 PM.

STALEMATE. 

you have missed the point again - in a few years the 10/10 hype will have blown over but as of now people still get hurt if you say it isnt a 10.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

I agree with the OP, except for the map. It definitely isn't perfect, but still one of the best I've seen. Even if I hated it, I would probably give it a higher score just because of the level of detail. 

The story was terrible IMO. I would probably give it a 5/10. Working for the FIB, Michael's relationship with Trevor, Franklin's undying loyalty to some guy(Michael) who's a bitch to the FIB, Franklin's lack of character development & hood life, weak heist set up and execution, yoga, horrible antagonists, Michael's sitcom family life(with corny music & catch phrases), the weaker aspects of Trevor's personality, and the terrible ending are just a few of my problems with the story.

With that being said, I actually like the game a lot more now. I got over the amateurish story and now I just enjoy playing the game how I use to play GTA when I was a kid. I just like seeing the different things I can do in the world and causing as much mayhem as possible. R* still surprises me in that area....sometimes.  

LestersSiesta
  • LestersSiesta

Snitch

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:59 AM

IN DESPERATE NEED of new content, I cant do rooftop rumble much longer. I have 3 million, a full garage, completed single player and am bored out of my mind, give me something rockstar, NOT a couple of new cars every 3 months.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:22 AM Edited by SonOfLiberty, 19 March 2014 - 09:40 AM.

Well there we have it folks. According to this guy the only reason any of us like GTA IV and/or GTAV is they have high metacritic scores.
  • ten-a-penny and Niobium like this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:02 AM

Well there we have it folks. According to this guy the only reason any of us like GTA IV and/or GTAV is they have high metacriic scores.

He is right though. V is going through the exact cycle IV went through. Just watch when VI comes out.

• Blennerville likes this

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:16 PM

I said all this two weeks after V came out and everybody cried about it! This game is a disaster--a rush job to ca$h in and nothing more. The vehicle damage, the poorly written short story, lack of innovation....it's all there. I can't remeber what I gave V, but now it's a solid 6.8. Embarrassing for a GTA game. I stopped playing MP a few weeks in because of how lame-o it is and went back to playing IV MP(which I like).

R* has lost touch with why they make GTA; Each new game brought new things, new vehicles, interestuing stories. That all ended with V. The SOB's couldn't even put a jet pack in, OR SOMETHING EQUIVELENT??? We're  going back to San An!!! It should've had gang terroitories, Franklin should've never left the hood. There should've been a strong element of that, but there wasn't. It's like Frank went from hood to yuppie. Unacceptable.

Michael is a whiney-ass loser with a perverted nutjob family.

Trevor is a racist scumbag homosexual from Canada. I was hoping he'd be more likable(like Murdock from The A-Team) NOT!! It's like R* set out to piss people off.

And don't even get me started on this lame soundtrack. I still can't believe how sh*tty it is!! R* should fire the losers who chose this music. We're in San An; The music should've been eclectic and nostalgic. The crappy story, the crappy music, the crappy vehicle physics(damage/handling)....It's just.....all crappy. This game should be flushed down the toilet with that leg that Trevor was trying to flush that I never got to see.

I have no respect left for R*. None. I will try the next GTA. It being next0gen, it should be killer, but I doubt it. The downward spiral has begun for this once hungry developer. I will also try the next Red Dead--assuming there will be one. It could be many ywears before we see either of those and by then I probably won't give a flying EFF. What do we have to look forward to??? Oh oh oh Bully!!!! Big whoopy. I liked the first one but I think R* waited too long. Maybe they're woprking on the next Max Gayne???? yay

I've moved on to Battlefield PS4 MP.(atomicfingers) GTA V was D.O.A.

Just my opinions here

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:57 PM Edited by one55, 19 March 2014 - 01:00 PM.

The story was OK. I guess it's hard to live up to a masterpiece like Red Dead Redemption.

The missions and gameplay was a million times better than IV.

However, there is many things that could be improved upon. It's definitely not a perfect game. I can't even be arsed going into all the things I think that are wrong with it but despite all the things wrong with it...it's still a pretty damn good game and is loads of fun.

My rating is 8/10 (I'd give IV 4/10 and RDR 10/10)

• ten-a-penny likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:06 PM

before you rate the damn game....

GTA V is NOT GTA SA or GTA IV. don't rate it based on some features in said games.

I liked the jetpack idea in SA. would I rate V 0/10 because there's no jetpack there? mope. IV had (IMO) the best storyline in a GTA ever. would I rate V 0/10 because Niko and Roman wasn't in there? nope.

same here.

BTW: GTA is about crime. not such overrated hood stuff.

anyways I'll rate V as either 9/10 or 8/10. can't really decide.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users