205 replies to this topic
TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:24 PM Edited by TJGM, 14 March 2014 - 08:27 PM.

'm sick of seeing GTA fanboys use that excuses about hardware limits? Even the houser brothers said there were no limits. 

Well.. the Houser brothers are full of sh*t commercial c*nts who want to sell videogames... When I play GTA V there is consistent pop in. And it doesn't even have to do with my specific set up, because I see consistent pop in on any version of GTA V. It's a no brainer that this would limit vegatation.

Pop ins have nothing to do with hardware limits.. it has to do with your HDD speed, or you could buy an SSD.

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Botswana

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:27 PM Edited by gtaxpert, 14 March 2014 - 08:27 PM.

'm sick of seeing GTA fanboys use that excuses about hardware limits? Even the houser brothers said there were no limits. 

Well.. the Houser brothers are full of sh*t commercial c*nts who want to sell videogames... When I play GTA V there is consistent pop in. And it doesn't even have to do with my specific set up, because I see consistent pop in on any version of GTA V. It's a no brainer that this would limit vegatation.

Pop ins have nothing to do with hardware limits.. it has to do with your HDD speed.. or you could buy a SSD.

You did not read. Every GTA V has pop in. I play from a USB. Mine actually has the least possible pop in. If you can't see the pop in then look better.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:29 PM

What do you guys mean pop in?  Like a car will randomly appear out of nowhere?  This doesn't happen often for me, but I noticed it got a bit worse with Patch 1.11.

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:31 PM

Pop ins have nothing to do with hardware limits.. it has to do with your HDD speed.. or you could buy a SSD.

You did not read. Every GTA V has pop in. I play from a USB. Mine actually has the least possible pop in. If you can't see the pop in then look better.

What is your definition of pop in? Objects have set distances and once the player is in the radius of the distance that the object is set to, it gets spawned in, V has no problem spawning in objects once you get into the radius of the object if you have an SSD.

If objects are literally spawning when you're right next to them, then its your HDD being too slow, or you're on X360 and you have both disks installed.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:32 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 14 March 2014 - 08:33 PM.

What do you guys mean pop in?  Like a car will randomly appear out of nowhere?  This doesn't happen often for me, but I noticed it got a bit worse with Patch 1.11.

Texture pop-in.

That's a good example.

Also, a texture taking longer than it should to appear. Like, after a loading screen, a character is severely untextured for a couple seconds, then he gets textured again. Happened a lot in Dead Island

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:33 PM Edited by TJGM, 14 March 2014 - 08:35 PM.

Texture pop-in.

[video]

That's a good example.

Also, a texture taking longer than it should to appear. Like, after a loading screen, a character is severely untextured for a couple seconds, then he gets textured again. Happened a lot in Dead Island

If that's what gtaxpert is talking about, then its because of a slow HDD or two disks installed on Xbox.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:35 PM

Texture pop-in.

That's a good example.

Ok, yeah, this happens SOMETIMES in my game.  I am on a 2008 Fatass PS3 that is backward compatible.  But this doesn't happen often.  It happens usually when I am going top speed.  But even then it doesn't always happen.

• Geralt of Rivia likes this

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Botswana

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:36 PM Edited by gtaxpert, 15 March 2014 - 08:07 PM.

Trash cans, bushes, reflections, etc spawning while you come nearer to them. It's especially bad when you fly. I haven't had a car pop in, but it's probably possible.

There is consistent pop in of things like this, not when I'm standing next to it, and it has nothing to do with my set up, because I stream from my HDD and USB which is optimal, and it's still there, and I have not seen any video of someone playing not having it on occasions where I have it.

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:36 PM

Texture pop-in.

That's a good example.

If that's what gtaxpert is talking about, then its because of a slow HDD or two disks installed on Xbox.

There's a lot of different factors, and a lot of different texture pop-ins.

MLB
  • MLB

Playa

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:46 PM

For graphics, visual effects and textures, the GTA V map gets 10/10. The map size was great, it's huge and vast, but I felt quite a bit of it was wasted, so it gets a 9/10.

Don't think I'm saying this just because it's you... I've made this point elsewhere. 

Go outside and go to the countryside. You'll notice that a lot of it is empty. You might say wasted. That's how country side is. Filling it with stuff would have been nonsensical, because it wouldn't be countryside then. It would just be side.

I don't mind empty countryside if there are interesting or fun things to see and do, but in V's case, this was lacking. The wildlife was mediocre, random events were very few and far between, and once again, hardly any crime- related regular side activities. Don't tell bother tell me to use my imagination and do stuff like riding bikes on mountains, off-roading or doing stunts off cliffs, that stuff don't really interest me.

See this to me, was sadly a problem with GTA V, it took the "life approach", i remember when people said that they wanted a more "life" approach for the next GTA, so Rockstar listened and put in Michael, then others said we want a maniac more, so in came Trevor and then other people said yeah we want a character like CJ, so in came Franklin, as someone posted GTA V feels like it tried to be everything yet couldn't be any, it was as if "The next GTA will be everything you want it to be", but was it no, why because rockstar  had too many things in too little time, yes 3 years is a long time but not long enough for the imagination of GTA V and then there was also online to add in aswell, also the new gen consoles were coming out soon too so that was a factor.

-Graphics are absolutely amazing, gives you immersion at times, but too much, every time i play GTA V i see beautiful graphics and less things happenings, i feel they focused a bit too much on the Graphics and not on other things, so what would you do if you were running out of time or wanted more things done, hire people, so Midnight club knows cars right, so we will hire them and shooting max payne and then add other game companies to help them.

-Map Yeah the map is good but could be better, it would have been nice if they added in a Tourist town or something, paleto bay isn't really that much fun neither is Sandy shores and the rest is mainly highway and then there is Los Santos, which is a little bit of a mess i mean u have this thing here and another over there, the other thing i find is the Traffic congestion, i found GTA IV's traffic congestion fun but V's feels just plain annoying which also wrecks bits of immersion.

-Story, i actually liked the story, i thought it was alright, towards the middle and end it just turns off track but the start i liked, some of the missions are fun, i also like the family life missions, it's convincing, yeah i know Franklin tries to steal Michael's car, but he's just the repo man doing his job, that's why Michael takes it out on Simeon, Michael finds franklin funny and sees a bit of him through franklin and trevor is just the maniac noone wants to see.

-Overall i felt GTA V was fun, some things were weird but i liked it, though the immersion wasn't there because many things were missing, like not everyone drives a supercar, it felt a bit scripted and well there just wasn't things there to make it fun like properties and buildings , missions, side missions, random events etc things to create immersion in general just weren't there in my opinion.

so my score is 9/10, i hope this new SP DLC will change many things and make the game in general better than what it is.

[µT]
  • [µT]

The Sword Swingin' Surgeon

• Members

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:57 PM

I haven't played SP seriously in a loooong time, my opinion of V now is that it's boring as hell. All SP is to me now is an annoyance I get burdened with when I get booted back there from Online. There's just barely anything to do at all, it's just a lifeless environment that does a good job at masquerading as a living one.

R* forgets that without a constant stream of goals, which can come in the form of repeatable side missions and random activities, the game will become boring very fast for a lot of people and they removed a ton of them instead of building on them for some bizarre reason. Having a hugely detailed open world on it's own does not give the game enough legs to stand on. I still play EFLC to this day for that reason alone, those simple gang wars & drug wars, fight club, etc. means there's always some kind of goal that keeps me playing. What does V have to keep you playing? Yoga? Those 4 bail bond missions? :lol: Online is the only thread keeping me on this game.

• Official General likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:39 AM Edited by SonOfLiberty, 15 March 2014 - 01:40 AM.

@SonOfLiberty, I just want to know why you enjoy IV's map so much?

I actually think IV is one of the worst maps created.  I liked the city, tbh, but not the actual map.  It seemed like every 20 feet there was a 90 degree, right angle, turn which forced you to NEVER drive your vehicle fast.  Whereas in GTA III's Liberty City the roads were a lot wider with less traffic and congestion and you were able to drive in some locations at top speed.  Same goes for GTA V.  I wouldn't give V's map a 10/10, but probably an 8/10.  Whereas I'd give IV's map only a 5/10, maybe even a 4/10.  To this day, I am STILL trying to get used to that map, whereas III, VC, SA and V I basically memorized where to turn and what streets to take to get to my destination.  In IV, I always gotta use GPS and I hate tapping the gas and then within a few feet jamming on the breaks to make that 90 degree, right angle turn.  Not to mention the cars' mass felt extremely heavy and your car would drift so far.  I've said this in another thread, that I actually like the car mechanics in IV also the drifting, but still, having to turn every 10 feet 90 degrees and having a boat that doesn't stop doesn't sit well with me.  I'd rate the maps like this:

GTA III - 7/10
GTA: Vice City - 7/10
GTA: San Andreas - 6/10
GTA IV - 4.5/10
GTA V - 8/10

GTA V's map is one of the main things I like about this game, actually.  There is a lot of flaws, imo, but certainly not the actual map and road sizes.

Edit: San Andreas for me was nearly a damn perfect game, but it's map really bothered me.  Just the other day I booted SA up and had to use that slow as f*ck Jetpack just to fly around to all my safehouses to see what I had stored there as I haven't played the game in months.  And before playing it a few months ago, I haven't played it since 2007, lol

Isn't real life NYC full of congestion and tight streets/corners? R* said they wanted to give NYC justice and I'd say they done their job.

I give GTA IV's map a 10/10. Very little goes to waste in the story (unlike GTA V) and I just like the claustrophic feel of the city. Easily the best designed in the series IMO.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:57 AM

I do agree with the OP. Great game, probably one of my favorites in my series, but definitely lacking on things and did not meet to all expectations.

• RolfStarGames likes this

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:39 AM

R* forgets that without a constant stream of goals, which can come in the form of repeatable side missions and random activities, the game will become boring very fast for a lot of people and they removed a ton of them instead of building on them for some bizarre reason.

It was probably intentional in order to get more people to start playing online after they complete single player.

One thing I'd like to ask is why did Rockstar decide to limit some of your freedom in this game.  For instance, why don't they allow you to take out weapons in places like safehouses and the strip club?  Also, sometimes I just want to shoot Ron when he's outside of Trevor's trailer, but the game doesn't let you.

In addition, they don't let you use cheat codes during missions.  After completing the story in GTA games without codes, I used to like to replay missions with certain cheats enabled.  It was a lot of fun.  Why did they take that away?  I just want freedom to do what I want.

MaddenSixx
  • MaddenSixx

:)

• Members

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:11 AM

I don't really feel that the story is rushed. What I think Rockstar did was try to tie the stories together. Like Michael is connected to Franklin due to getting Franklin fired from his repo job and then Michael and Trevor are tied together from their past. That would mean Franklin and Trevor are tied together due to Michael.

Dick Justice
  • Dick Justice

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:41 AM Edited by man dragon, 15 March 2014 - 04:43 AM.

Hear me out because this might sound ridiculous at first. I think it was a very bad idea to have the entire map open from the start. 

I've been thinking about this for a while and I've decided it's a very large reason why a lot of people don't care much for the story. The story itself isn't that bad, I would argue it's better than San Andreas, BUT there is no sense of progression. As a player you don't really feel like you're getting anywhere, you're never moving forward. Unlocking and cruising down the glitzy Alderney streets for the first time, the song that plays when you first arrive in Mexico in RDR, being relegated to Flint County; these were some of the best moments in their respective games. There were no moments like this in V.

I'd almost completely explored the map before I even unlocked Trevor. After the first few days of playing, I'd climbed Chiliad, taken a jetski to the Alamo and skydived off Maze Bank Tower. It felt as though I had bought too much food to eat all at once and wasn't allowed to doggie-bag my leftovers. There was a small glimmer of hope, flying to North Yankton as Trevor and imagining the possibilities of being able to explore a new portion of map, though that petered out rather quickly when I realised it was not much more than the brief glimpse of Liberty City we got in San Andreas.

Just imagine how amazing this moment would have been if you hadn't explored Los Santos yet. Oh well. 

• redx165 and Geralt of Rivia like this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:02 AM Edited by Militia, 15 March 2014 - 11:02 AM.

Isn't real life NYC full of congestion and tight streets/corners? R* said they wanted to give NYC justice and I'd say they done their job.

I give GTA IV's map a 10/10. Very little goes to waste in the story (unlike GTA V) and I just like the claustrophic feel of the city. Easily the best designed in the series IMO.

Fair enough.  I mean, I completely agree with you, I've said it above as well to Woggleman.  Could have been on the previous page, tbh, but yeah the city itself is amazing.  The atmosphere is amazing, the peds are amazing, nothing goes to waste.  But the actual MAP and roads I didn't really like.  They could of at least widened them a bit.  I understand they were going for a city vibe as that is how cities are in real life (congested) but it felt so much like a city (which I also don't like in real life) that it bothered me to play IV as much as I played to death III, VC, SA, and V.  I mean, I got to 100% with 0 cheat codes used, unlike 60-70% of the entire GTA community stats, but still, it's not particulary my favorite map.  That is why I like V a lot, tbh.  The map is very wide and vast open space, so you can literally drive ANYWHERE.  They also created so many alleys that you can drive through Los Santos (through buildings) because of the alley ways.  In IV, there wasn't many alley ways so you had to actually go around the entire block to get to your destination instead of "through" it.  Even though the map wasn't very good for me, I still rated IV as an 8/10 and think it's better than V and III overall.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:37 AM Edited by im_stoned, 15 March 2014 - 11:39 AM.

On a positive note I have found some new songs I love on the soundtrack. Now believe me I know that isn't an easy thing to do. IMO gimmie more, One thing Are awful musical choices just hearing them once is annoying let alone hearing them constantly. A lot of people seem to agree with me on that. So yes the soundtrack is sub par.

With that said the rap station hits a home run for the most part, How it was, Hold up, Smoke and ride are classic IMO. I love those songs and have listened to them a ton of times in real life. I never knew they existed before this game.

I also love Phil Collins '' I don't care anymore'' That song is legendary. R* have done Phil a huge service every song they pick of his to put on the soundtrack 10/10 IMO. They can do no wrong.  They hit a home run everytime. Much respect.

I love how the song was introduced in the game. With Michael about to listen to it on his I pod with a drink in his hand about too zone out and then franklin rocks up. It was one of my favourite moments in the game. Very relatable. The song just sounded amazing coming throw his headphones I had to find it :) and im glad I did

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:42 PM

I don't really feel that the story is rushed. What I think Rockstar did was try to tie the stories together. Like Michael is connected to Franklin due to getting Franklin fired from his repo job and then Michael and Trevor are tied together from their past. That would mean Franklin and Trevor are tied together due to Michael.

Whoa, for real ? What a revelation, who would have ever thought all three protagonists in GTA V were connected! Thanks for telling us something about the game that is crystal clear obvious....duh  :sarcasm:

The story was rushed. It's your opinion, but I don't see how anyone can think that the game had well thought and fully fleshed out story. 

EminemGirl69
  • EminemGirl69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:23 PM

I love the game although there is room for improvement, like gangster clothing and other gang stuff.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:39 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 15 March 2014 - 03:40 PM.

Hear me out because this might sound ridiculous at first. I think it was a very bad idea to have the entire map open from the start. 

I've been thinking about this for a while and I've decided it's a very large reason why a lot of people don't care much for the story. The story itself isn't that bad, I would argue it's better than San Andreas, BUT there is no sense of progression. As a player you don't really feel like you're getting anywhere, you're never moving forward. Unlocking and cruising down the glitzy Alderney streets for the first time, the song that plays when you first arrive in Mexico in RDR, being relegated to Flint County; these were some of the best moments in their respective games. There were no moments like this in V.

I'd almost completely explored the map before I even unlocked Trevor. After the first few days of playing, I'd climbed Chiliad, taken a jetski to the Alamo and skydived off Maze Bank Tower. It felt as though I had bought too much food to eat all at once and wasn't allowed to doggie-bag my leftovers. There was a small glimmer of hope, flying to North Yankton as Trevor and imagining the possibilities of being able to explore a new portion of map, though that petered out rather quickly when I realised it was not much more than the brief glimpse of Liberty City we got in San Andreas.

Just imagine how amazing this moment would have been if you hadn't explored Los Santos yet. Oh well. 

Well said. Definitely food for thought.

Whoa, for real ? What a revelation, who would have ever thought all three protagonists in GTA V were connected! Thanks for telling us something about the game that is crystal clear obvious....duh  :sarcasm:

The story was rushed. It's your opinion, but I don't see how anyone can think that the game had well thought and fully fleshed out story. 

Bad story doesn't always equal rushed story. R* hired the writers. They just didn't do a good job. I hope they don't hire those writers again.

I don't think 2 delays (One internal, one external) equals rushed.

• Scaglietti likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:34 PM

I purposely avoided everywhere except LS until I unlocked Trevor. When I first saw him that was the first time I saw Sandy Shores and it was like another world. If anybody is reading this and has yet to play the game I strongly suggest doing this. 

• MLB likes this

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:38 PM

I purposely avoided everywhere except LS until I unlocked Trevor. When I first saw him that was the first time I saw Sandy Shores and it was like another world. If anybody is reading this and has yet to play the game I strongly suggest doing this. 

I did the same thing. I still feel like Sandy Shores is like another world in V. Sadly the desert area was too small. I would of been nice seeing a mile of desert with nothing around the town sorta like Armadillo in RDR. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:46 PM

I did the same thing. I still feel like Sandy Shores is like another world in V. Sadly the desert area was too small. I would of been nice seeing a mile of desert with nothing around the town sorta like Armadillo in RDR. 

I agree but Sandy Shores is still one of my favorite places. It captured the off the grid outsider to society vibe perfectly. 

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:24 PM

I agree but Sandy Shores is still one of my favorite places. It captured the off the grid outsider to society vibe perfectly. 

I just wish cops didn't come there as often if you kill someone. It just doesn't fit the vibe around the place. Maybe make it like Thieves landing. 

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Botswana

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:10 PM

I just wish cops didn't come there as often if you kill someone. It just doesn't fit the vibe around the place. Maybe make it like Thieves landing. 

If GTA V pc comes out I bet people will immediately start tweaking the police. It's the most obvious annoyance in V imo.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:10 PM

its still a great game, but if most of the stuff from IV and SA came, then it would be my best GTA yet. but now?

a lot of stuff IV beats V in. same with SA.

I just can't describe it right :/

• Official General likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:14 PM

its still a great game, but if most of the stuff from IV and SA came, then it would be my best GTA yet. but now?

a lot of stuff IV beats V in. same with SA.

I just can't describe it right :/

That is how I feel.  I find each game has it's good points and bad points, but in V there is actually more bad points than in IV and SA.  I still overall rate V an 8/10 but there is still more bad points (that I can still forgive) over the positive points (which aren't very special, anyways)

Ermac
  • Ermac

word is bond, bond is life

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • Hottest Nigga [All Time]
    GTAF Time Trials Hipster of the Year 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:38 PM

If GTA V pc comes out I bet people will immediately start tweaking the police. It's the most obvious annoyance in V imo.

*blow up a helicopter in bumf*ck nowhere*

*poilce scanner noise* citizens report an explosion in Chilliad Mountain State Wilderness .

I seriously can't wait for the PC version. If I didn't know any better, i'd say R* coded it so that wildlife can call the police on you.

A_smitty56
  • A_smitty56

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:52 AM

Fix the damn re-spawns,  Anything less than two blocks away from all players is unacceptable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users