ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:51 PM

Cities that appeared in the GTA III Era (Liberty, Los Santos, San Fierro, Las Venturas, and Vice) all have GTA IV Era renditions in some form. Is it possible that places first seen in the GTA IV Era (Alderney and North Yankton) have GTA III Era renditions? We haven't seen Vice City, San Fierro, or Las Venturas in the GTA IV Era, but they do exist as there are many references to them. In conclusion, even though we haven't seen Alderney or North Yankton in the GTA III Era they could exist (Even though R* didn't make them until GTA IV and V, respectively).

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:56 PM

I guess we will never know. Alderney probably didn't since III era already had Shoreside Vale to mimic New Jersey. But then again in the III era both Miami and Vice City existed in the same universe. And cities don't necessarily remain from one era to the other if you consider the Top Down games era too, where San Andreas was San Francisco and in the III era San Francisco is San Fierro.

So I assume Alderney didn't exist in III and I've no idea about North Yankton but we will probably never know.

Vanto
  • Vanto

Ghetto Star

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:06 PM

Probably locations introduced in HD era (Blaine County, North Yankton, Alderney) aren't in 3D era.

Blennerville
  • Blennerville

Trick

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:27 PM

what the hell you talking about.

• Cincy32 likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:25 PM

Probably locations introduced in HD era (Blaine County, North Yankton, Alderney) aren't in 3D era.

True,i also agree with this.

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:27 PM

It would be interesting to see a GTA III North Yankton, though.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:49 PM

I doubt it. The commercial for "evacuator" or some other action flick from Vice City mentions "a quiet farm in North Dakota".

But then again, radio stuff shouldn't be counted as cannon, and neither should the Internet in GTA 5, seeing as they mentioned New York once on tha IMDB spoof.

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:20 PM

Unless NY actually exists in the GTA Universe...

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

That'd be silly. Why would two cities in the same geographic region, with the same architecture, landmarks, and culture, coexist?

• Fallcreek likes this

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:16 PM

Of course it would be silly but I keep seeing more messages in the games that hint to the real world cities existing at the same time as the games' ones do.

Since we can't really decide what's an easter egg (4th wall breaking ones) and what isn't I guess we can assume everything is canon in GTA's universe.

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:17 PM

And cities don't necessarily remain from one era to the other if you consider the Top Down games era too, where San Andreas was San Francisco and in the III era San Francisco is San Fierro.

North Yankton could be based on a place like Minnesota or Wisconsin instead of ND. All three are near Canada, notable for having a snowy climate, they have lots of countryside, and...uh... That's basically all I can think of right now.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:26 PM

And cities don't necessarily remain from one era to the other if you consider the Top Down games era too, where San Andreas was San Francisco and in the III era San Francisco is San Fierro.

North Yankton could be based on a place like Minnesota or Wisconsin instead of ND. All three are near Canada, notable for having a snowy climate, they have lots of countryside, and...uh... That's basically all I can think of right now.

Minnesota, Wisconsin, and North Dakota are all part of the upper midwest. Reason being North Yankton is based on North Dakota is of the prefix "North". If it were just named "Yankton", it'd probably be based on Minnesota or Wisconsin.

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:47 PM

That'd be silly. Why would two cities in the same geographic region, with the same architecture, landmarks, and culture, coexist?

Well, in GTA III there are billboards that say, "See you in Miami!" and after you help Ray out he pages you, saying, "See you around in Miami". And in Vice City, there are billboards saying,"Move over Miami".

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:14 PM

Well, in GTA III there are billboards that say, "See you in Miami!" and after you help Ray out he pages you, saying, "See you around in Miami". And in Vice City, there are billboards saying,"Move over Miami".

I knew about the ones in III, but I always wrote them off as continuity errors from the writers. Is there really a billboard in Vice City that says "Move over Miami"?

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:47 PM Edited by ssbawesome, 27 February 2014 - 11:57 PM.

Its in Little Haiti, on the roof of the building that the mission "Dirty Lickin's" takes place.

mom_zps81a45e85.png?t=1393545417

• Rainbow Party likes this

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:08 AM

GTA universe is just crazy. Also, in IV i was reading some emails where was mentioned Miami. But in TBoGT, Yussie was talking something about how he would go to Vice City. In Vice City, there was written some kind of sentence that mentioned Miami. Then again about New York in IV. R* is just joking around. I think it actually means that R* can make real cities besides the ones that are parody such as VC, LC.. They can make Miami and ingame explain whats difference between VC and Miami, even if there is no diffrence, only in name. It sounds stupid but who knows what they got on mind.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:12 AM

@ssbawesome - no flippin way. Damnit, Rockstar. You're giving me a hemorrhage.

...emails where was mentioned Miami...

No flipping way. Where'd they come from?

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:50 AM Edited by AnDReJ98, 28 February 2014 - 12:51 AM.

You can read more about it in Florida in GTA universe thread. Its in the beginning of the game, after 5-6 missions. I will maybe upload a picture tomorrow if i have time. I am on phone now.

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

• BUSTED!
  • European-Union

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:55 AM

North Yankton is visited again in GTAV during the mission Bury the Hatchet by Trevor, who is determined to figure out who was really buried in Michael's fake grave after the bank job, despite Michael's attempts to talk him out of it. Other than that, it was never mentioned in III or IV era(s).

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:10 AM

I don't think there's any established rule, or any reason to assume that all cities (will) exist in all eras. There's no evidence that North Yankton existed in the III era, and I really doubt Rockstar thought far enough ahead to throw in any Easter eggs anywhere except maybe IV.

It's probably safe to assume that the world outside the parodied cities exist (ie: Egypt, Australia, and Mexico exist and were mentioned), just not really safe to assume whether places exist as they are in real life, or as a parody of themselves.

• universetwisters likes this

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

Right now I think that the entire real life world exists in the game. And the game's cities exist too.

Don't ask me if Ford and Coca Cola exist in GTA though cause I've no idea, I guess not :p

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:21 AM

OP, I don't know how you're using the word "appeared" in your thread, but Carcer City made an appearance in the 3D era, even if that appearance was more of a reference based on in game advertisements, pedestrian sayings, and radio news. Carcer City is widely accepted as being part of the 3D era canon and did not appear in the HD era beyond possible pedestrian sayings.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:36 AM

OP, I don't know how you're using the word "appeared" in your thread, but Carcer City made an appearance in the 3D era, even if that appearance was more of a reference based on in game advertisements, pedestrian sayings, and radio news. Carcer City is widely accepted as being part of the 3D era canon and did not appear in the HD era beyond possible pedestrian sayings.

I always thought Carcer City was something that could "cross" between universes, much like the branding within GTA and Lazlow, Fernando, and a few others. Hell, maybe the events of Manhunt happened in both the 3D and HD universe!

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:23 AM

Manhunt events actually did take place in the 3D universe! Look it up, it's pretty cool actually.

Now HD, I'm not as certain about...

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:44 AM

Manhunt events actually did take place in the 3D universe! Look it up, it's pretty cool actually.

Now HD, I'm not as certain about...

There's no evidence to deny it took place in the HD universe. But then again, there's nothing there to confirm it either.

Mikeol2014
  • Mikeol2014

Flyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:30 AM Edited by Mikeol1987, 06 March 2014 - 12:31 AM.

No alderney in 3era as it is called shoreside vale.

-peds in gtav are still talking about carcer city

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:11 AM

I always thought Carcer City was something that could "cross" between universes, much like the branding within GTA and Lazlow, Fernando, and a few others. Hell, maybe the events of Manhunt happened in both the 3D and HD universe!
I've always assumed Manhunt took place in both the 3D and HD universes, along with Bully. Until there's evidence otherwise you won't be wrong to say it did.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users