Quantcast

» «
Photo

Business Update/Patch 1.11

506 replies to this topic

Poll: Business Update/Patch 1.11 (171 member(s) have cast votes)

What's your favorite car from the Business Update?

1. Albany Alpha (20 votes [11.70%])

Percentage of vote: 11.70%

2. Dinka Jester (56 votes [32.75%])

Percentage of vote: 32.75%

3. Grotti Turismo R (95 votes [55.56%])

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:36 AM

I do wish we had the IV Turismo, though.  

Yeah, the Turismo R is NOT the Turismo for me.  I rather call it the "Cheetah 2" or something.  The Turismo = GTA IV's Turismo.  I have one saved at one of my safehouses in IV, though.  So I am ok with it not being in GTA V.  But when I heard the "Turismo" was coming back, I thought it would be a copy/paste job of the Turismo from GTA IV or something very similar looking to that, so I was disappointed to find a similar looking Cheetah with a Turismo name, but nevertheless, I actually LOVE the Turismo R.  It's my favorite car in the game, actually, next to the Carbonizzare.  I really like the Grotti cars in this game.

Same.  I too couldn't help but to think that the Turismo R was a "redo" for the Cheetah because R* knows they tastelessly screwed it up.  Should've got the Cheetah right the first time around and reserved the name "Turismo R" for an actual rear-mid engine coupe like the Ferrari 360 Modena's (GTAIV Turismo) successors.  Not complaining though.  I'm blown away by the vehicle additions lately (especially this most recent DLC).  My only legitimate gripe is the lack of extra properties or garages for such flawless automobiles.  I've never been afraid to call R* out on their laziness in that respect.  Fingers crossed for more garage space in a DLC.

• DutchGangsta and Militia like this

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:12 AM

MMMMMAAYN I love that Alpha! paint that bitch metalic black with chrome secondary trims and limo tinted windows....so sexy!

Oh and also I looked on GTA Wiki to see what the Alpha was based on. It said the Cadillac XLR but to me it looks very very much like the Cadillac Sixteen. 

• Syphiroth likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Proto-Hipster

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:13 AM

The Alpha reminds me of like a modern Eldorado. If there was a 2013 Eldorado it would be the Alpha. 

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:17 AM

I do wish we had the IV Turismo, though.  

Yeah, the Turismo R is NOT the Turismo for me.  I rather call it the "Cheetah 2" 

Yeah, it really is the Cheetah 2. I would've been ok with IV's same Turismo if it was part of the original V, but of course as a DLC it had to be something new, but I do wish it wasn't so similar to the Cheetah, and that the Jester wasn't so similar to the Adder.

I do think the Jester and Turismo are better than the Addder and Cheetah though.

• Militia likes this

dukati
  • dukati

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:48 PM

good news for me.horray!

dukati
  • dukati

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:58 PM

turismo give me feeling about
grand turismo in ps or ferrari

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:33 PM

Turismo R, baby I love you

• jackalope2018 likes this

RichM
  • RichM

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:45 PM

Is it my imagination or has car damage increased for some models with this? Cars seem to deform more with impacts. Getting a bit closer to gta IV

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

AKA: BLOOD,BiiD or BloodMOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:30 PM

Is it my imagination or has car damage increased for some models with this? Cars seem to deform more with impacts. Getting a bit closer to gta IV

True i noticed that aswell.

trevor2smokes
  • trevor2smokes

IV>V

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:52 AM

Alpha is the best imo. The Turizmo R looks really cool but sucks driving because you always die from crashing. The other car is alright but reminds me to much of obey 9F

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:01 AM

There is various people on this board that have stated this after every patch.

RichM
  • RichM

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:37 PM

There is various people on this board that have stated this after every patch.

Played for a couple of hours to test this out with a number of different vehicles. The damage system was my biggest issue with the game. It's definitely changed, particularly when hitting wals etc. one crash today completely crumpled the front of my car in one hit. Certainly wouldn't have caused that much damage before :)

B-Easy
  • B-Easy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:14 PM

Did Rockstar release a changelog ?

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:24 PM

Anyone noticed night time is darker? As someone who plays with low brightness, this was specially noticeable for me, it's much harder to spot details at night.

RichM
  • RichM

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:30 PM

Also noticed sunny patches on a rainy day that I've not seen before. Love this game even more now!

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:42 PM

Here is a video uploaded by Rockstar for the Business Update Wkend,Commentary Includes Rockstar's Devs,Lazlow Jones,Ned Luke,Steven Ogg,Shawn Fonteno and many more:

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:37 PM Edited by Militia, 08 March 2014 - 06:39 PM.

Rockstar is pure genious on giving us this Turismo R.  It's proven to be only a few tenths behind the Entity XF, which is still the fastest Super car in GTA V.  The Turismo R is second, and the Adder is now in third.

It's nice having a completely free car that is this fast, considering you had to buy the Cheetah, Adder (if you were a moron and didn't know where to find it parked by M's house), and Entity XF.  I own all 8 Super Cars, but rarely drive them.  But the Turismo R is giving me just as much of a hard on as my Carbonizzare gives me.  Grotti for the win, Turismo R for the win!

Fastest to Slowest Super Cars:

1. Entity XF

2. Turismo R

3. Adder

4. Cheetah

5. Coil Voltic

6. Infernus

7. Vacca

8. Bullet

• ~Tiger~ likes this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:39 PM

Turismo R for the win!

It certainly is my car of choice at the moment! :)

• Militia and chrisscorsese88 like this

Militia
  • Militia

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:42 PM

Turismo R for the win!

Yeah, man!  I love it a lot!  I always loved the tail lights, and the entire back end of the Carbonizzare in general, and they seemed to copy/pasted those tail lights from the Carbonizzare onto the Turismo R.  Not to mention both cars have the same type of engine sound, also like the Feltzer.  And that sound is epic!  Love it a lot!

Cysiek
  • Cysiek

1+1=69

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

I need list of all jobs from all 3 DLC's. It'll be good if you can find em on SC page. Anyone?

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:48 PM

Turismo R for the win!

Before this update, I would always use the Entity. Despite it still being the fastest super car, I now use the Turismo all the time. Here's my favorite to least favorite in the super cars,

1. Turismo R
2. Entity XF
3. Cheetah
4. Infernus
5. Coil Voltic
6. Vacca
7. Adder
8. Bullet

• Militia likes this

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:03 PM

Rockstar is pure genious on giving us this Turismo R.  It's proven to be only a few tenths behind the Entity XF, which is still the fastest Super car in GTA V.  The Turismo R is second, and the Adder is now in third.

It's nice having a completely free car that is this fast, considering you had to buy the Cheetah, Adder (if you were a moron and didn't know where to find it parked by M's house), and Entity XF.  I own all 8 Super Cars, but rarely drive them.  But the Turismo R is giving me just as much of a hard on as my Carbonizzare gives me.  Grotti for the win, Turismo R for the win!

1. Entity XF

2. Turismo R

3. Adder

4. Cheetah

5. Coil Voltic

6. Infernus

7. Vacca

8. Bullet

The Voltic beats any of them at be beginning due to the acceleration, so I don't think it can be classed along other Supers. It's better for races where you have a lot of turns and not much straight lines. Also looks awesome.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:28 PM

@RichM
It has always being in the game weather since day one,but yeah it amazing :)

Militia
  • Militia

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:39 PM Edited by Militia, 08 March 2014 - 07:44 PM.

1. Entity XF

2. Turismo R

3. Adder

4. Cheetah

5. Coil Voltic

6. Infernus

7. Vacca

8. Bullet

The Voltic beats any of them at be beginning due to the acceleration, so I don't think it can be classed along other Supers. It's better for races where you have a lot of turns and not much straight lines. Also looks awesome.

Nah.  Evidence:

Not to mention it says this in his description, and I absolutely agree with him:

"The only way to truly know how quick any car can be is to take it around a track. Opinions are useless, straight line drag races are useless, even two people racing against each other in different cars is useless. For this video I personally tested every single supercar and sports car in GTA V around the same track multiple times and in the exact same way, and let the best lap time each car achieved determine which was the fastest. Done as fairly and as objectively as possible, this video finally gives a definitive list of the quickest cars in GTA V.

I chose the Cutting Coroners track for this because it was a perfect test bed. It has a nice mix of long straights, fast corners, heavy breaking points, low speed corners, and different acceleration zones. Using the same track was obviously vital to be able to compare lap times but so was driving it in the same way. The lines I use aren't 100% optimal but they do allow for repeatability and consistency, which is all that matters. You'll see a few seconds of footage from each car, with more footage for the top three and the full best lap from the fastest car in the class."

Also, all the cars are completely STOCK, to REALLY determine which is fastest...

ZoeChamp
  • ZoeChamp

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:47 PM

The Alpha reminds me of like a modern Eldorado. If there was a 2013 Eldorado it would be the Alpha. 

Albany Alpha=Cadillac El Miraj

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:52 PM

Btw what does anyone even think about the weapons? It seems most people only focuse on the vehicles . Show some love to the guns :p

Militia
  • Militia

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:58 PM

I love the cars + Vestra plane.  Not the weapons.  I rather use my AP Pistol than both DLC Pistols (SNS and Heavy Pistol).  I also rather use my Advanced Rifle over the Special Carbine, or better yet my Combat MG or Sweeper.  The Sweeper is the best out of all DLC weapons, imo.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:45 PM

Btw what does anyone even think about the weapons? It seems most people only focuse on the vehicles . Show some love to the guns :p

True,But i personally love the new Heavy Assault Rifle and the Pistol is sweet and it can get a kill from a far distance :)

trevor2smokes
  • trevor2smokes

IV>V

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:05 PM

The adder has always sucked. Even in real life buggati's are junk. They are too hyped up and as of last year it is no longer the fastest production car. (Koeniggsegg Agera R top speed 273). Even though the turizmo r is a death trap, still a 100 times better than the adder.

JelleDekkers
  • JelleDekkers

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:01 PM

Is the Business Update free? I am waiting for PC version so i don't know...

I really like the Alpha :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users