• This topic is locked This topic is locked
347 replies to this topic
universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:08 PM

Phil i am sorry but i can't have it same as level map is boring and open world better. I came up with some train paths but i will not do same train layout.

3mLydMU.png

I'm still not understanding as to why you can't keep the original layout of the town but add more onto it. Using "boring" as an excuse is a really weak one. Hell, it doesn't even seem like Ludendorff anymore. For what it's worth, it's starting to turn into Naznesstown or Shakingassvile or whatever your old accounts were. If you don't want to make Ludendorff, that's swell, but don't say you're making it and then decide that it'll be better "your way".

Mega
  • Mega

And remember: respect is EVERYTHING!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:15 PM Edited by Mega., 06 March 2014 - 04:15 PM.

Would you bloody stop complaining about it? It's his mod, he can do it in any way he most likes, you have to deal with that.

If you think differently and can do better, then go for it and stop complaining in his mod's topic!

• Mr. Jago and Naznesss like this

Naznesss
  • Naznesss

GTA IV: Los Santos Dev Team Member

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:15 PM

Keep the spam out take it to PM.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ey b0ss, cen u gibe me de peprment pls?

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:17 PM Edited by theNGclan, 06 March 2014 - 04:18 PM.

If you're refusing to build the map properly, you're gonna be running into issues. Lots of them. People aren't gonna want a completely reworked map, they want something finished and authentic.

Can you make two versions of the map? One altered and one authentic?
  • universetwisters and lafincow12 like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:20 PM Edited by universetwisters, 06 March 2014 - 04:21 PM.

If you're refusing to build the map properly, you're gonna be running into issues. Lots of them. People aren't gonna want a completely reworked map, they want something finished and authentic.

tumblr_lrech7SQPj1qiz3j8o1_500.gif

That could work. That way, whoever wants the original can play the original and John can make the "john edition" for himself or whoever wants to play it.

@Mega - Could you find where I specifically told him I could do any better?

Mega
  • Mega

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:24 PM

Did I imply at any moment that you could do better than him? Exactly! No! I just said and suggested that if you think differently from him you should probably attempt on doing it yourself (usually you can get better results of what you want by doing it yourself).

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:26 PM

Did I imply at any moment that you could do better than him? Exactly! No! I just said and suggested that if you think differently from him you should probably attempt on doing it yourself (usually you can get better results of what you want by doing it yourself).

IF (the key word being "IF") I were going to make a mod that takes place in Ludendorff, or even if you were for the sake of argument, wouldn't you want the map to have some degree of authenticity to the original Ludendorff from GTA 5?

lafincow12
  • lafincow12

Me

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:26 PM

Why do people argue ?

Mega
  • Mega

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:29 PM

Why do people argue ?

Human nature I guess  :lol:

Also universetwisters: Fair enough, I do get your point but nothing needs to be 100% accurate, I mean look at the III era games, some of them aren't even 40% similar to the real one! But yeah, NG's suggestion is really good.

• lafincow12 likes this

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:32 PM

Whenever that's being sad, it usually means the mod is completely borked and changed from it's original idea.

Hi Mega.

• Frank.s, Mega and lafincow12 like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:34 PM

Why do people argue ?

Human nature I guess  :lol:

Also universetwisters: Fair enough, I do get your point but nothing needs to be 100% accurate, I mean look at the III era games, some of them aren't even 40% similar to the real one! But yeah, NG's suggestion is really good.

I like to think the dudes who designed the III-era locations had much more leeway for creative freedom than in the HD era, like how III's Liberty City has 3 boroughs (rather than the five of New York) or how Vice City's layout was nothing like Miami. But yeah, if you're going to remake a place that already visual references (even a playable reference), the least you could do is get it somewhat accurate.

• Mega and lafincow12 like this

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:05 PM

Well i am remaking the textures in 2048 and 1024 and objects will remain 512 things will be better buzzbass and me working on updating the graphics more.

Sorry, but I don't see the sense behind this. 2048x2048 or let's say, anything above 1024x1024 is actually too much. In FPS it does make sense, since you can get real close to certain objects, but in games like GTA IV? You actually never even come close to notice a difference between 1024 and 2048 textures. Characters at 512x512 would be enough without looking "low-res". Certain things can look better with 1024x1024 textures, but those are just a few. This is unnecessary pushing of IV's limits. Maybe even with a highend PC it will run like crap, because of IV's kinda bad port (I know what I'm talking about). 

• Silent likes this

Naznesss
  • Naznesss

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:00 PM

Well i am remaking the textures in 2048 and 1024 and objects will remain 512 things will be better buzzbass and me working on updating the graphics more.

Sorry, but I don't see the sense behind this. 2048x2048 or let's say, anything above 1024x1024 is actually too much. In FPS it does make sense, since you can get real close to certain objects, but in games like GTA IV? You actually never even come close to notice a difference between 1024 and 2048 textures. Characters at 512x512 would be enough without looking "low-res". Certain things can look better with 1024x1024 textures, but those are just a few. This is unnecessary pushing of IV's limits. Maybe even with a highend PC it will run like crap, because of IV's kinda bad port (I know what I'm talking about). 

It looks sharper to me it's good.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:22 PM

It looks sharper to me it's good.

Sharper != better, y'know. You could make them 6144x6144 but there is no point really.

Just think about the RAM usage. Do you really want to make the mod like CoD: Ghosts and make it not work properly without 6GB of RAM?
  • Frank.s, SkylineGTRFreak and theNGclan like this

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:34 PM

This is about the standard distance or even closer when viewing a characters face in GTA... What do you think, what are the resolutions?

comp.jpg

There is no real noticeable difference really. Protip: Both textures are below 2048x2048

Naznesss
  • Naznesss

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:38 PM

512 x 512 is to low for my taste.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:33 PM

Then you definitely don't want to think about the community.

It is your treat to us, but yet some of us can't have it. That IS segregation, bro.

• TJGM likes this

Naznesss
  • Naznesss

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:44 AM

As i said low res version will be up for people as i said it's not hard to do.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:33 AM

Where did you say that? Just out of curiosity.

Naznesss
  • Naznesss

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:00 AM

I said i can make a version with scaled textures for low end pc's. To be honest you should upgrade your missing out on higher quality. 

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Do it thyself

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:10 AM

Jesus Christ, is this hate on Naznesss hour? Leave the guy alone and let him make his mod as it is. It's HIS mod. I understand giving suggestions but no means NO.
  • ssbawesome likes this

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:55 PM Edited by Frank.s, 08 March 2014 - 04:34 PM.

Jesus Christ, is this hate on Naznesss hour? Leave the guy alone and let him make his mod as it is. It's HIS mod. I understand giving suggestions but no means NO.

That's what he'd like you to think :lol: .

It's not his mod, he's one member of a whole team, no single member holds leadership duty. ;) (although the way he writes the OP makes people think he created the mod)

You're probably wondering why the rest of us tolerate such nonsense, i guess it's down to schadenfreude, on skype we lol our asses off when naz pulls this sh*t. (guess who that is in Majestic's sig...) :bbq:

• universetwisters likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:32 PM

Nazness, any new news on the map?

Naznesss
  • Naznesss

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:44 PM Edited by Naznesss, 08 March 2014 - 05:44 PM.

I'm busy this week i am working on map still.I said this already in a post.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

So no new buildings or anything?

Naznesss
  • Naznesss

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:51 PM

Your kidding me i can't post every single day you know.There's new roads and land being made. But i can't work on it this week. You can't keep asking for updates every single time it takes time to make and do.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:28 PM

Your kidding me i can't post every single day you know.There's new roads and land being made. But i can't work on it this week. You can't keep asking for updates every single time it takes time to make and do.

New roads?

Are they going to be based off the original Ludendorff's roads or are you remaking the Ludendorff road layout?

Speaking of which, are you going to take ngclan's idea of making an 'original' and 'remake' version of the map aswell?

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Do it thyself

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:34 PM

New roads?

Are they going to be based off the original Ludendorff's roads or are you remaking the Ludendorff road layout?

Speaking of which, are you going to take ngclan's idea of making an 'original' and 'remake' version of the map aswell?

How many times should this guy restate what he said? He said "new roads and land being made", what more do you need? At this point universe it seems like you're just spamming and picking on him

• Naznesss likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:54 PM

New roads?

How many times should this guy restate what he said? He said "new roads and land being made", what more do you need? At this point universe it seems like you're just spamming and picking on him

I saw that he said 'new roads' are being made, but I remember him telling me on skype that he was making all the roads from scratch, so unless he meant he was recreating a road from the original Ludendorff or, say, connecting two of the roads from the original map that led off to 'nowhere', just leaving it off like that seems somewhat vague.

I'll check the facebook page for this mod and see if there's anything new, though.

Naznesss
  • Naznesss

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:57 PM

Of course i am making from 3ds max. The layout from original is done i just adding roads and ect to make it open world. Can you reframe from spamming this topic please?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users