347 replies to this topic
universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:33 AM

Yup, the Leopard.

I've found another shot of an American M60 with winter camo, during the Reforger '85 exercises.

IMG_0071.jpg

I know we used the M60 back before we began using the M1, but the only colors I see the M1 coming in are either desert camo or some form of green.

How about we meet somewhere in the middle and suggest the tank be repainted in the same Dazzle camouflage pattern they used to use on ships?

USS_West_Mahomet_%28ID-3681%29_cropped.j

• RoadRunner71 likes this

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Hmm, four in bed? That's a kick I haven't tried yet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:13 AM

Wow, good to see this go from North Yankton to tanks. We've really done it

• ssbawesome likes this

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Coded. Not stirred.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:22 AM

Wow, good to see this go from North Yankton to tanks. We've really done it

tumblr_mi15ntvmbM1ru0hq7o1_500.gif

Let's get back on topic, shall we?

How's the map coming?

• Mr. Jago likes this

Naznesss
  • Naznesss

GTA IV: Los Santos Dev Team Member

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:13 AM

Good i be busy for couple days won't have time to work on map.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:53 PM

Good i be busy for couple days won't have time to work on map.

How accurate are you trying to get this map in relation to the original Ludendorff from V? I think I told you about the church being a good deal away from the rest of the town (whereas in V it was surrounded by warehouses and across a train line) and a buddy of mine said the hills don't match up to the ones seen in V.

Naznesss
  • Naznesss

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:11 PM Edited by Naznesss, 05 March 2014 - 11:11 PM.

Only thing was moved was church everything same.Don't worry about it.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:26 PM

I am worrying about it. If the church was moved further away from the town, what will go in the church's place in the actual town? An identical church? Or some other thing?

Naznesss
  • Naznesss

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:54 PM

I am worrying about it. If the church was moved further away from the town, what will go in the church's place in the actual town? An identical church? Or some other thing?

Phil really man it's just moved 1 mile away from town big whoop it's not far.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:06 AM

It kinda is really far if you're aiming for accuracy in relation to the original Ludendorff from V. Just by looking at the cover picture for your project's facebook page, anyone can tell that the church is way far away, not to mention that there's much more hills than the original.

1960850_690416077647658_1021159092_o.jpg

• theNGclan likes this

Naznesss
  • Naznesss

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:18 AM Edited by Naznesss, 06 March 2014 - 12:20 AM.

It kinda is really far if you're aiming for accuracy in relation to the original Ludendorff from V. Just by looking at the cover picture for your project's facebook page, anyone can tell that the church is way far away, not to mention that there's much more hills than the original.

Snip

You should stop complaining as none of us getting paid i am doing this for my portfolio.I will create it like NY but it be open world. Rockstar designed it for level styled not open.I work hard on it and last thing i need is someone breathing down my neck. I create this mod for people to enjoy not making a level based map i want open world styled some things might be moved.The church is not that far away.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:34 AM

You should stop complaining as none of us getting paid i am doing this for my portfolio.I will create it like NY but it be open world. Rockstar designed it for level styled not open.I work hard on it and last thing i need is someone breathing down my neck. I create this mod for people to enjoy not making a level based map i want open world styled some things might be moved.The church is not that far away.

I never said anybody was getting paid. I'm still not sure how the Ludendorff that's already in V's files isn't open world enough. Only the missions that took place there were linear, but the world itself is open world. Sure, there's that single road going from east-west, but I thought you were going to keep the original and build up around that?

Also, would it be at all possible to post a picture of what you've done so far regarding the map itself, assuming that your claims on the church not being far away holds true.

Naznesss
  • Naznesss

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:44 AM

I never said anybody was getting paid. I'm still not sure how the Ludendorff that's already in V's files isn't open world enough. Only the missions that took place there were linear, but the world itself is open world. Sure, there's that single road going from east-west, but I thought you were going to keep the original and build up around that?

Also, would it be at all possible to post a picture of what you've done so far regarding the map itself, assuming that your claims on the church not being far away holds true.

We don't have enough programmers missions planned but nothing huge.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:48 AM

I didn't ask about the missions for your mod, I was just talking about how the missions that took place in Ludendorff in GTA 5 were linear, as opposed to the open world design of the map itself. I think we got our wires crossed.

Naznesss
  • Naznesss

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:50 AM Edited by Naznesss, 06 March 2014 - 12:51 AM.

I didn't ask about the missions for your mod, I was just talking about how the missions that took place in Ludendorff in GTA 5 were linear, as opposed to the open world design of the map itself. I think we got our wires crossed.

Mod might take place in 2000 or 1998 Micheal is being worked on making him younger.
uOlOI.jpg

Player texturing being made in 2048 x 2048

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:54 AM

Mod might take place in 2000 or 1998 Micheal is being worked on making him younger.

-snip-

So I guess this means you won't post the map plan and many others will be stricken with inconsistency grief?

Naznesss
  • Naznesss

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:01 AM

-snip-

So I guess this means you won't post the map plan and many others will be stricken with inconsistency grief?

Can't won't release a detailed map plans til i'm ready to show it.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:01 AM

-snip-

Alright.

So how much of the town will you be changing or keeping the same?

Naznesss
  • Naznesss

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:07 AM

-snip-

Alright.

So how much of the town will you be changing or keeping the same?

Town will be changed alot more will be added.There's more streets added and more buildings will be there.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Coded. Not stirred.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:16 PM

-snip-

Why 2048 x 2048? That isn't gonna be easy on people with lower end hardware.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• The Yardies

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:26 PM Edited by Frank.s, 06 March 2014 - 12:40 PM.

Rule 1 of being Nazness: Care about nothing except your own setup. (He does this with all parts of the mod, texture res, model polycount, object draw-distance, ENB, etc. he NEVER tests with anyone else's pc in mind, only his quantum pc :lol: )

Edit: If anyone thinks this post is just a bitter offtopic rant then just re-phrase it as constructive criticism, there are members here who know what i'm talking about but they aren't rude enough to mention it. ;)

• universetwisters likes this

TJGM
  • TJGM

for science.

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

I really don't see the need for texture resolutions as high as 2048x2048, or models with really high poly counts.. seems like a waste of time.

The church should honestly be where it is in V. Moving it makes no sense and then if you're moving buildings around compared to the original Ludendorff.. then its not really Ludendorff, now is it? :p

Naznesss
  • Naznesss

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:17 PM Edited by Naznesss, 06 March 2014 - 01:23 PM.

Rule 1 of being Nazness: Care about nothing except your own setup. (He does this with all parts of the mod, texture res, model polycount, object draw-distance, ENB, etc. he NEVER tests with anyone else's pc in mind, only his quantum pc :lol: )

Edit: If anyone thinks this post is just a bitter offtopic rant then just re-phrase it as constructive criticism, there are members here who know what i'm talking about but they aren't rude enough to mention it. ;)

Ever noticed we can provide the standard res texture not hard at all.Your gpu was crap before and your card was defected after you got new card your game ran better.People will have option to run lower res texture it's not hard or bad.Get on topic frank.

@TJGM

It was level based train system wasn't ment to be open it was scripted to hit player at 1 point then disappears look at originial files the train leads no where. Only 1 location was moved nothing else.

On note models like land will be 2048 and buildings 1024 to 2048 and other objects will be 512 and original V models will be kept normal textures as no need to change them.I will provide descaled low textures for low end users aswell but i believe in quality people deserve to see engine pushed.

• TJGM likes this

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Coded. Not stirred.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:25 PM Edited by theNGclan, 06 March 2014 - 01:27 PM.

And you ARE aware that using a low res texture filter from the graphics section if the pause menu requires some extra speed to filter everything, right?

EDIT: Don't forget that since GTA IV runs on windows the player has less power to utilize since the OS is such a power hog. You have to keep everyone in mind. No need to segregate players.

Naznesss
  • Naznesss

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:32 PM

And you ARE aware that using a low res texture filter from the graphics section if the pause menu requires some extra speed to filter everything, right?

EDIT: Don't forget that since GTA IV runs on windows the player has less power to utilize since the OS is such a power hog. You have to keep everyone in mind. No need to segregate players.

I am aware don't worry with proper lod system and such game will load high quality models when close.We have criminal russia guy to thank to generate low poly lods for lands which makes my work easier. 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:18 PM

@TJGM

It was level based train system wasn't ment to be open it was scripted to hit player at 1 point then disappears look at originial files the train leads no where. Only 1 location was moved nothing else.

John, I don't think you realize how close the church really was to the town. Not only that but it also had a train track running in front of it, regardless of whether or not a train goes through it. Would you like me to post a picture of the church so you can familiarize yourself with it? After all, you are trying to make an accurate representation of Ludendorff, right?

Old_church_v.png

Naznesss
  • Naznesss

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:28 PM

It's fine man why have a train path leading no where in a open world map? I did it for the sake of open world type.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:51 PM

It's fine man why have a train path leading no where in a open world map? I did it for the sake of open world type.

You do know that in real life, train tracks don't go in circles, right? You could've had the track start on one end of the map and let it finish on the other through tunnels or something. 

Also, changing the entire map just to make it "open world" is a pretty weak explanation. The map itself is open world, but the missions in which the map was depicted in GTA 5 weren't open world. Your reasoning makes as much sense as putting the Statue of Liberty in the middle of Manhattan just because it "doesnt work open world".

Naznesss
  • Naznesss

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:24 PM

You do know that in real life, train tracks don't go in circles, right? You could've had the track start on one end of the map and let it finish on the other through tunnels or something. 

Also, changing the entire map just to make it "open world" is a pretty weak explanation. The map itself is open world, but the missions in which the map was depicted in GTA 5 weren't open world. Your reasoning makes as much sense as putting the Statue of Liberty in the middle of Manhattan just because it "doesnt work open world".

Look i will try to add a train path system but won't be same as originial. And mod isn't a level map you don't have to download if you don't like.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:34 PM

Look i will try to add a train path system but won't be same as originial. And mod isn't a level map you don't have to download if you don't like.

You don't even have to add the train path, you can just leave the train track as it is. I'm not sure why you're so adamant on warping Ludendorff to the point where it isn't Ludendorff

Naznesss
  • Naznesss

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:56 PM

You don't even have to add the train path, you can just leave the train track as it is. I'm not sure why you're so adamant on warping Ludendorff to the point where it isn't Ludendorff

Phil i am sorry but i can't have it same as level map is boring and open world better. I came up with some train paths but i will not do same train layout.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users