Help to modify GTA PS2

3 replies to this topic
Ericka
  • Ericka

Player Hater

• Members
  • Uruguay

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:54 AM

Hello, my name is Ericka and I am from Uruguay.
I hope you forgive me, if I put my question in the wrong place, or if not in English efectuo right, it happens that I'm driving with the translator and complicated.

From what I see, you are skilled in modifying the GTA.
What I'm looking and trying for many is to modify my PS2 GTA but rather find an effective method, since I have tried many times and I've only managed to pull many dvd.

I always lock the game load.
If you do not know the correct method to do so, then no one will know.

I do not intend to make any major changes, just want to switch to CJ, and if some characters are also street could.

I followed step by step methods circulating on the web, and apparently this method does not work despite using appropriate programs.

I would appreciate if anyone knows and I can ayudar.Quedo waiting, kisses.

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:48 AM Edited by fastman92, 01 March 2014 - 09:50 AM.

GTA PS2 modding isn't yet fully developed.
It requires reverse engineering of ELF executables, which I have done a bit on SA to locate some functions (mostly related to SCM).
I have many functions located in LCS and VCS to which I put much interest.
If you want the IDB(s) and know you can do reverse engineering on your own, then go ahead, i can send you these IDB files.

If you know what's the structure of files, how they work, then you can start writing a tool to edit files.

Ericka
  • Ericka

Player Hater

• Members
  • Uruguay

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:27 AM

Thanks for responding.

No, agradesco the offer but no files are changed.
The issue is that I seek not modify files, I want to know the correct way to INSTALL AND MODIFIED files.

So, anywhere you are already designed many skin, and want to learn the correct way to add or modify those skins (skin) on my ps2 GTA ... you do not want to play with CJ, or with the same characters in the street forever.

The problem is that I have replaced street characters, and CJ files, and I do not work (the game crashes in the load).
Something I'm doing wrong.

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:32 PM

Thanks for responding.
No, agradesco the offer but no files are changed.
The issue is that I seek not modify files, I want to know the correct way to INSTALL AND MODIFIED files.
So, anywhere you are already designed many skin, and want to learn the correct way to add or modify those skins (skin) on my ps2 GTA ... you do not want to play with CJ, or with the same characters in the street forever.
The problem is that I have replaced street characters, and CJ files, and I do not work (the game crashes in the load).
Something I'm doing wrong.

PS2 as far as i know has a special way and some files have to be come first before the other files in disc image and you might have tried to edit ISO with standard disc image editor such as MagicISO.
Use Apache v1.1 editor to edit PS2's ISO.

There's also a possibility that you want to replace DFF that's designed for the PC game, but format is incompatible with PS2 game.
DFF format may be different on PC and PS2.
Check it out.
I don't know.

I have never replaced characters, nothing in IMG archive of PS2 game. I replaced main.scm to the new one built with my compiler for VCS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users