• This topic is locked This topic is locked
95 replies to this topic
oo00oo00oo
  • oo00oo00oo

O.O

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:28 PM

Yeah ok mods, ur a big tough guy on the internet.  I'm sick of seeing threads closed for no good reason - it's ridiculous.  People say stupid sh*t in every thread, so by your bad logic every thread should get closed.

Never have I ever seen a warning in a thread to get back on topic, even once.  NO, some tough guy moderator swoops in and closes the thread.  Then I get grief for recreating the exact same thread or linking the thread if I wanna continue the discussion.  It's a joke.  More than likely ppl want to continue the discussion anyway, so stop aggressively closing threads and at least warn ppl to get back on topic before closing the damn thing, jeez.

• na89340qv0n34b09q340, StormerBoy and darkwar854 like this

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:38 PM

You do know its not always moderators right?

There's also led-bys, who also have the authority to lock threads.

oo00oo00oo
  • oo00oo00oo

O.O

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:45 PM

idk what that means

Trantor the Troll
  • Trantor the Troll

Crackhead

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:47 PM

oh-please-tell-me-more.jpg

• PsychoGamer3 likes this

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:47 PM

I can understand certain threads being locked for various reasons, but it's when they choose to leave the final comment along with some smart a**se reply when they do it.

What i'd like to ask a certain few mods is when no one else is allowed to talk or give an opinion on a certain matter, why are they able to post their opinion?

• 018361, darkwar854, FirstLadyofGTA and 1 other like this

Trantor the Troll
  • Trantor the Troll

Crackhead

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:50 PM

Forums controlled by R*! RUN!625835.jpg

• codename_duchess likes this

oo00oo00oo
  • oo00oo00oo

O.O

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:56 PM

I can understand certain threads being locked for various reasons, but it's when they choose to leave the final comment along with some smart a**se reply when they do it.

What i'd like to ask a certain few mods is when no one else is allowed to talk or give an opinion on a certain matter, why are they able to post their opinion?

yeah i agree with this.  if a thread gets closed, THE GUY WHO CLOSED IT should have his name put down to make it a lot easier to spot the abuse.  when they throw in their own smartass comment u know who it was, otherwise u don't

• 018361 likes this

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:03 PM Edited by Raavi, 26 February 2014 - 06:08 PM.

Threads gets locked for a reason, be it because of spam, trolling, flame bait, there being a thread on the subject already or the like. We note why the thread has been locked and when appropriate link to a thread to continue the discussion. However if you still feel like a thread has been locked unjustly, you are free to PM the staff member who locked it and if you are able present them with a valid reason to unlock it, chances are they'll unlock it. 

• *MURDOC* and Juanfartez like this

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:10 PM Edited by Juanfartez, 26 February 2014 - 06:12 PM.

Being a moderator on a couple of other forum boards myself, this is my opinion. Some of the moderators here should not be moderators, and some of the led-bys should be. This board is a bit harder to moderate than most. There is a lot of trolls and people that don't get the hint and make multiple accounts.  There also should be a new post breaking in period. After you join you can not start a new thread for the first month. You would have a separate section for any questions about anything that moderators and led-bys must check in on and answer every day. And other people on the board can as well if they wish. Any trolling in that section by members would be a temp two week ban, no exceptions. 

• gnad.1992, Original Light, ten-a-penny and 1 other like this

oo00oo00oo
  • oo00oo00oo

O.O

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:11 PM

Threads gets locked for a reason, be it because of spam, trolling, flame bait, there being a thread on the subject already or the like. We note why the thread has been locked and when appropriate link to a thread to continue the discussion. However if you still feel like a thread has been locked unjustly, you are free to PM the staff member who locked it and if you are able present them with a valid reason to unlock it, chances are they'll unlock it. 

yeah, assuming i know who that is....  but of course i'm left in the dark.  there's no option to figure out who closed it, unless they left some little smart ass comment in there before doing so.  your suggestion is perfectly reasonable, if i know who it was, but that's a big issue as well.  a lot of what i see shouldn't be closed in the first place, and i fear that whoever closed it won't reopen it because they don't want to get seen as being wrong

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:15 PM

This is what got locked.

....i constantly get voted out of lobbies because ppl can literally not kill me.

Next person end the sentence, and so on.

Seriously though, it's so sad, I got kicked from the lobby by a level 1000 because he couldn't handle me.  What a joke.  LoL.

You made a thread to write you can't be killed and someone kicked you. There isn't much to discuss.
  • *MURDOC* likes this

oo00oo00oo
  • oo00oo00oo

O.O

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:16 PM Edited by oo00oo00oo, 26 February 2014 - 06:18 PM.

This is what got locked.

....i constantly get voted out of lobbies because ppl can literally not kill me.

Next person end the sentence, and so on.

Seriously though, it's so sad, I got kicked from the lobby by a level 1000 because he couldn't handle me.  What a joke.  LoL.

You made a thread to write you can't be killed and someone kicked you. There isn't much to discuss.

there was more in the thread than that.  even still, there are other threads i've made and others have made that have seen this treatment.  even if we consider that as a legit closing, the issue is rampant with other threads

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:17 PM

yeah, assuming i know who that is....  but of course i'm left in the dark.  there's no option to figure out who closed it, unless they left some little smart ass comment in there before doing so.  your suggestion is perfectly reasonable, if i know who it was, but that's a big issue as well.  a lot of what i see shouldn't be closed in the first place, and i fear that whoever closed it won't reopen it because they don't want to get seen as being wrong

If that's the case you're free to PM any (preferably online) Forum Leader of the section you're in. They will be able to tell you why the thread has been locked and if appropriate reopen it for you.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:22 PM Edited by geobst, 26 February 2014 - 06:23 PM.

FIGHT THE NAZI MODERATORS ON THIS SITE!

http://gtaforums.com...u-feel-like-it/

If you mean mods & led-by's (seen as though nearly everybody does when using the term 'mods'), which I'm presuming, then I'm a Nazi and I didn't even know it.

Holy sh*t!

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:22 PM

Like i said, i don't disagree with why certain threads get locked. The issue is when said mod chooses to leave his/her own opinion at the end, when they've stopped anyone else from posting. Usually, it's some kind of smart-a**se comment as opposed to something sensible.

Not trying to start an issue with the mods, as i'm sure you have enough to deal with on here. But some are clearly misguided in what a mod is supposed to do

• FirstLadyofGTA likes this

oo00oo00oo
  • oo00oo00oo

O.O

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:25 PM

If that's the case you're free to PM any (preferably online) Forum Leader of the section you're in. They will be able to tell you why the thread has been locked and if appropriate reopen it for you.

sounds reasonable, how do i know who that is though?

FIGHT THE NAZI MODERATORS ON THIS SITE!

http://gtaforums.com...u-feel-like-it/

If you mean mods & led-by's (seen as though nearly everybody does when using the term 'mods'), which I'm presuming, then I'm a Nazi and I didn't even know it.

Holy sh*t!

u know it!  haha

honestly it just says that to get the point across.  the only mod i actually know is the one who gave me a warning for breaking the rules.  but of course the only reason i broke the rules was due to pure frustration with this subject in general so....  yeah, there it is

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:26 PM Edited by Raavi, 26 February 2014 - 06:27 PM.

Scroll all the way down in the section you're in and to the right of the page you should see "This Forum is Led By" with the linked names of the section's forum Leaders after it. For GTAO that is WBakerFuzzknucklesDoc RikowskiAndyGanteksToke and Ciaran.

oo00oo00oo
  • oo00oo00oo

O.O

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:30 PM Edited by oo00oo00oo, 26 February 2014 - 06:38 PM.

Scroll all the way down in the section you're in and to the right of the page you should see "This Forum is Led By" with the linked names of the section's forum Leaders after it. For GTAO that is WBakerFuzzknucklesDoc RikowskiAndyGanteksToke and Ciaran.

ahhhh.  alright, i'll be doing your suggestion from now on.  thanks!

edit:  my signature is now updated for u  ;)

TripleTtoddthetater
  • TripleTtoddthetater

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:34 PM

I was bad! Long Live Trantor! We'll see you again in a week!  :cry:

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:55 PM

This is what got locked.

-snip-

there was more in the thread than that.  even still, there are other threads i've made and others have made that have seen this treatment.  even if we consider that as a legit closing, the issue is rampant with other threads

I was just browsing through the locked topics in GTAO and of the 75 I skimmed over nothing jumps out at me as being unjustly locked. Are there any threads in particular you think should have been left open?
  • Toke likes this

oo00oo00oo
  • oo00oo00oo

O.O

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:15 PM

WOW!  some mod just edited my signature.  this is exactly the abuse of power i'm talking about

• gnad.1992 likes this

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:18 PM

WOW!  some mod just edited my signature.  this is exactly the abuse of power i'm talking about

hahaha that's too funny.

Seems like certain mods here are like Fight Club. And we all know what the first rule of that was lol

oo00oo00oo
  • oo00oo00oo

O.O

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:21 PM Edited by oo00oo00oo, 26 February 2014 - 07:27 PM.

hahaha that's too funny.

Seems like certain mods here are like Fight Club. And we all know what the first rule of that was lol

i wanna know who it was so their mod privileges can get revoked.  that's straight ridiculous

i bet it was the guy who gave me a warning yesterday,

sivispacem

Edit: by the way, that's going to be my signature for the foreseeable future, so i'll post it again in here just in case it gets jacked again.

WAS YOUR THREAD CLOSED BY A MODERATOR ABUSING HIS POWER?

"If that's the case you're free to PM any (preferably online) Forum Leader of the section you're in. They will be able to tell you why the thread has been locked and if appropriate reopen it for you.

Scroll all the way down in the section you're in and to the right of the page you should see "This Forum is Led By" with the linked names of the section's forum Leaders after it. For GTAO that is WBakerFuzzknucklesDoc RikowskiAndyGanteksToke and Ciaran."

Source - Raavi in:  http://gtaforums.com...u-feel-like-it/

now all i gotta do is copy and paste

• gnad.1992 likes this

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

hahaha that's too funny.

i wanna know who it was so their mod privileges can get revoked.  that's straight ridiculous

sivispacem

If they didn't give you an explanation, then that's just petty behaviour. Even so, it's not like you had posted anything sexually explicit or offensive.

I mean, God forbid anyone who talks about certain mods on here. You might aswell have posted up a random execution video with the reaction you get from them

• FirstLadyofGTA likes this

Toke
  • Toke

Gonna cover you in sh*t like a ton of pigeons

• Angels of Death MC
  • NATO
  • Contribution Award [Gangs]

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:37 PM

So would either of you like to point any examples of threads that were not derailed beyond hope of recovery that you feel were unjustly locked?

• Matty and WBaker like this

oo00oo00oo
  • oo00oo00oo

O.O

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:37 PM Edited by oo00oo00oo, 26 February 2014 - 07:38 PM.

hahaha that's too funny.

sivispacem

If they didn't give you an explanation, then that's just petty behaviour. Even so, it's not like you had posted anything sexually explicit or offensive.

I mean, God forbid anyone who talks about certain mods on here. You might aswell have posted up a random execution video with the reaction you get from them

zero explanation, it was just secretly changed.  honestly i'm lucky i noticed it, otherwise my avatar would look really stupid lol.  i mean to be fair, it IS supposed to look stupid, just not in that way

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:42 PM Edited by Nale Dixon, 26 February 2014 - 07:43 PM.

Honestly I think it should be standard policy to have a small explanation of why a thread is locked, but this has been discussed many times and it's not going to happen. I think it's just common courtesy to do so really.

Having said that, all of your topics deserve to be immediately locked and possibly deleted on sight.

• The Harwood Bitcher likes this

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:48 PM

hahaha that's too funny.

sivispacem

zero explanation, it was just secretly changed.  honestly i'm lucky i noticed it, otherwise my avatar would look really stupid lol.  i mean to be fair, it IS supposed to look stupid, just not in that way

Zero explanation? That sounds about right here for some mods lol

Not gonna tar them all with the same brush, but some need to learn how to do their job properly

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:48 PM Edited by WBaker, 26 February 2014 - 07:49 PM.

I'm starting to think oo00oo00oo is trolling. He has a topic about locked threads being read by staff and instead of discussing things he's just playing with his sig & avatar.

Honestly I think it should be standard policy to have a small explanation of why a thread is locked, but this has been discussed many times and it's not going to happen. I think it's just common courtesy to do so really.

There is usually a post at the end of a thread before it's locked. Filter the forum to only show locked topics and you see mostly led-by & mod avatars.

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:52 PM Edited by Nale Dixon, 26 February 2014 - 07:53 PM.

I'm starting to think oo00oo00oo is trolling. He has a topic about locked threads being read by staff and instead of discussing things he's just playing with his sig & avatar.

There is usually a post at the end of a thread before it's locked. Filter the forum to only show locked topics and you see mostly led-by & mod avatars.

I don't know how to do that, but I see a lot of topics that are locked with some random poster at the end who isn't a led-by. Though you occasionally can't tell anyway. I'ts really up to the individual moderators, which is a bad policy in my opinion. I think having a clear reason for closure as a matter of course would stop topics like this popping up all the time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users