Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you live in a place as dangerous as GTA's cities, in real life

95 replies to this topic
Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:05 PM Edited by Rainbow Party, 26 February 2014 - 01:05 PM.

I was wondering if you guys live in places that are about as crime-ridden as say Liberty City or not :p
I live in Argentina, near the capital. Not trying to brag or anything (?) because I'm total pussy on the street but yeah, it's a really dangerous place that makes me feel like I live in GTA. Life here has zero value and there's loads of homicides, traffic accidents and robberies. I wish I had a gun because I'm afraid of being outside in most places here, ever since a few years ago when it turned as awful as now.

What about you guys, do you live in dangerous places?

• jpm1 likes this

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• BUSTED!
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:28 PM Edited by Joe Chip, 27 February 2014 - 01:27 AM.

Orlando, Florida, US, but an okay part.

We were in the top 10 for most dangerous cities in the US a couple years ago, but I think the part of the area that won us that honor is Pine Hills, and it's not so dangerous that you can't go walking to work there and have to worry about getting mugged. Still a lot of gangs though. I grew up where there were supposedly a lot of bloods and crips, but I never saw them, just their graffiti. Where I live now we've got a lot of homeless people who ride bikes, I see them on my ride to school every morning. Since they're homeless and they're always riding in the direction of the pawn shop it makes me kinda suspicious about where those bikes came from, but I dunno, there's lots of beggars and intersections to beg at down by the pawn shops too, so they could be on their morning commute.

GTA cities after the 3D era aren't all that bad if you exclude the player character's crimes though.

e: I checked and Orlando's currently 81 on two crime lists, and all the higher ups seem like cities that would've been there for a while. So never mind about it being in the top 10 for dangerous crime, I'm not sure where I got that from.

• Th3MaN1 and Black_Jesus like this

A Northern German
  • A Northern German

ß

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:39 PM

Nah. My city is located in northwestern Germany and has about 25,000 inhabitants. I would say it's almost peaceful here if you don't look for trouble and if you're careful on weekend nights around the discos, pubs and the railway station.

I think the worst things in terms of crime ever happened here were a shot man more than 20 years ago and some raped women. I know of 2.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:24 PM

The area I live in is a little bit rough in areas but its not the worst place around here.

WTFThisIsntWii
  • WTFThisIsntWii

Twerk Team

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:41 PM

Don't live there but during a deployment to Afghanistan it's probably the closest thing to GTA. Random tanks parked in the street. It's normal for civilians to carry AK's and RPG's. The police are brutal. There's also a large amount of violence, gang beatings and shootings are common. There are no road rules, drive at whatever speed in whatever direction. Lots of twelve year olds running around too.
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340, Th3MaN1, Dbns_Finest and 5 others like this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:48 PM

Don't live there but during a deployment to Afghanistan it's probably the closest thing to GTA. Random tanks parked in the street. It's normal for civilians to carry AK's and RPG's. The police are brutal. There's also a large amount of violence, gang beatings and shootings are common. There are no road rules, drive at whatever speed in whatever direction. Lots of twelve year olds running around too.

Dang, the next GTA should be set in Kabul...

• jpm1 and Shah Sam like this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:20 PM

I wouldn't call my area a dangerous place. the area we live in isn't that dangerous, but there are scary places in Tripoli.

especially that there's gun sells way too much here :/ I prefer a ANIMAL FOOD store that sells weaponry than selling these things in the road :p

last Friday I saw a animal food store that sells weaponry and.. guess what? they sell an M4 too! :D that was the first time I see one in Libya by my own eyes.

anyways the area where we live in is safe if compared with other nearby places. but yeah. Tripoli is now a dangerous place.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:05 PM

My post here would have been:

"There's no place in real life as dangerous as a GTA city", but now I'm thinking about saying that.

Where I live it's pretty okay. The city isn't exactly a sight-seeing tour, but there's no violence or crimes.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:12 PM

South African is the rape capital of the world, so yeah it's bad but not gta bad. Kinda nice in a f*cked up way.
  • D3ADSH0T likes this

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:42 PM

The area I live in is pretty bad, I was walking alone at night time and this guy came up to me and said 'How's it going?' then shortly after 'do you have any money' then lastly.. 'Empty your wallet or i'll bottle you' followed by him smashing a bottle and holding it at me.

Cops arrested them. :lol:

RiaJay21
  • RiaJay21

Post-Post-Ironic

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:50 PM

I live in a small seaside village on the UK's east coast. So, no, I don't think so. Just a lot of spoiled rich kids doing drugs. The other half of the village is kind of a dive, but not dangerous just ... kind of neglected.

Where I work, though, is a slightly different ball game. I haven't heard of many killings and such (though they do happen - the occasional stabbing, mostly). I admittedly don't feel safe there at night, following a recent incident, but I don't think there's an exceptionally high rate of crime - I don't arrive in the morning with a fear that I'm going to get shot. I do realize I'm pretty lucky for that. I've never feared for my life (the only real fear I've had is rape), and I think I'm fortunate for that. I don't take it for granted.

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:03 PM

This reminds me of that guy who kicked a burning terrorist in the balls when they attacked Glasgow's airport in 2007, they should put that picture on a sign and have the words "Scotland welcomes careful drivers" written underneath it.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:31 PM Edited by StingrayX, 26 February 2014 - 07:37 PM.

Nah. My city is located in northwestern Germany and has about 25,000 inhabitants. I would say it's almost peaceful here if you don't look for trouble and if you're careful on weekend nights around the discos, pubs and the railway station.
I think the worst things in terms of crime ever happened here were a shot man more than 20 years ago and some raped women. I know of 2.

You are lucky, I would kill to go back to Germany. We came to San Antonio from Bitburg, Rheinland Pfalz.

San Antonio has its ghetto areas like the east side, but I live nowhere near there. It feels safe where I am and the worst thing that happened near me was a teen shooting his parents half a year ago. Coming from Germany, this place is crime ridden but it is not "GTA" bad.

blitz
  • blitz

lit

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Peru
  • Newcomer of the Year 2011

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:53 PM

I live in the capital of possibly the most corrupt country in latin america. Yes, it's pretty dangerous. Of course, there are areas where it's safer to be in, and areas where, if you happen to go, you're sure to wake up missing a kidney and covered in mayonnaise.

• Voodoo likes this

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:09 PM

Pärnu, Estonia with 42,000 people is not particularily dangerous, however it is called the beating capital of Estonia. If you are careful though it is not worse than any other part of the country.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:34 PM Edited by W2B, 02 August 2014 - 06:31 PM.

While South Africa's crime stats are freakishly high, it is actually very safe and quiet here where I live. Sure there is the occasional break in or whatever, but it doesn't happen too often to my knowledge. I only read about minor crimes in the local newspaper. I was not living here at the time, but I only know about one serious incident where gunmen broke into a house (in a different neighbourhood but not too far from where I live now) and opened fire on an unsuspecting, innocent family a few years ago. I live in the northeastern suburbs Pretoria, but the further west you go, the more dangerous it becomes because the western suburbs are the poorer, less desirable areas. Richer, safer areas in the east, but poorer, less safe in the west. The central parts of the city in and around the CBD are by far the worst areas affected by crime however, but still not nearly as bad as GTA.

Maybe Hillbrow in Joburg can compete with GTA. It's notorious for being one of the toughest, more dangerous, crime infested hoods in SA.

...or maybe The Cape Flats in Cape Town with its rising gang violence...

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:45 PM

No. I don't see tanks on the streets, drive-by's occurring almost every 10 minutes, people driving on the sidewalk, people firing bullets into the sky..

• gtamann123 and sykes-daughter like this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:26 PM

I don't think there's any city in the world that's as dangerous as GTA cities

• Murray Bunyan and Black & White like this

Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:18 PM Edited by Danz., 26 February 2014 - 11:33 PM.

Nope. But army is very present in my city, it's in the 2nd place in Brazil when it comes to number of barracks, armored vehicles, weapons and overall military arsenal, only losing to Brasilia, the capital. If there was a war against Brazil, my city would probably be the first one to get attacked since it has less population than Brasilia or Rio de Janeiro (around 300k).

However, when it comes to actual danger, there's nothing really to fear other than murderers who happen to be on the outskirts of the city, just waiting for "innocent people" to cross their way.

Spoiler

Fonshway
  • Fonshway

Run N Gun KillaZ

• Members
  • United-States
  • Miss Los Santos 2015

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:23 PM

Yep, I live in the city this game is based on ( Los Angeles) .. This place actually ain't so bad :D

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:23 PM

I hear of shootouts and stuff here in New York, but it's never around my area... but most of the time in my local news it's about 40 blocks (30 mins on foot) away from where I live.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:55 PM

The town down south of me, Holly Hill, it's a pretty bad place when you get into the suburbs. It's the one out-of-Orlando spot that gets more newstime than anywhere else in the area.

24330860_SA.jpg

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:01 AM

The city I live in is the 7th most dangerous city in the US.

fashion
  • fashion

No More Slots

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:06 AM

Peaceful as f*ck here, people think youre a criminal for throwing thrash away or apitting, like seriously.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:04 AM

I live in Dublin, where nothing ever happens, so I'm about as far away from being in a GTA city as possible.

THE GHETTO SAMURAI
  • THE GHETTO SAMURAI

Diet Water Please ?

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:58 AM

Well most of the time here its pretty peaceful but last year we had the most homicides ever recorded in the city. Last year we had a total of 25 homicides, about 4844 violent crimes, 235 identity thefts, 27 kidnappings, and 230 sexual assaults. Other stuff would be 2541 assaults, 21,151 property crimes, 170 arsons, 1476 drug related offences, 53 marijuana production offences, and the total criminal code offences were about 32,560. But relatively its quite calm where I live not that much sh*t is happening but when it gets dark thats when the sketchy people come out. I remember once I was almost stabbed for absolutely nothing like I was walking through the gas station and this random guy came up to me and pulled out a pocket knife on me and started blaming me for something I haven't even done. But yea overall its peaceful here. 

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:01 AM

Philadelphia can be a pretty dangerous place.  My wife has had a gun held to her head even.  I've seen some stuff.

Eris
  • Eris

Ghetto Star

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:05 AM

I used to live in Gary. Total sh*thole of a city, used to be the murder capitol of the US. 

dedeto
  • dedeto

ananızı sikim orospu çocukları

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:15 AM

Adana,Turkey.worse then everywhere else.poor people come here for working and ruining whole city,from eastern turkey. Broken roads,rude people,war in ghettos,drugs,thieveries ... 

But despite all these things,Adana has a beautiful climate.The city is placed between mountains and sea.Turn back and you'll see mountains,go ahead for 30 mins you'll see the Mediterranean Sea.Champaigns,nature;the city is very well placed.

161isaiah161
  • 161isaiah161

I love cats

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:09 AM Edited by Jeone, 27 February 2014 - 08:10 AM.

Yes becuse there are gang members where I live and they sometimes shoot people

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users