Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:23 AM

Just for a suggestion for a radio station, seeing as this takes place in the early 1980's, why not put in a Kraftwerk station, or some other 70's techno station? It may not have been as big as it was now, but it kinda got off in the 70's and 80's.

The dance for this song is just so unsettling it's hilarious.

• Tyla likes this

Tyla
  • Tyla

Playing It Cool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Concept Story 2014
    Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:52 AM

I second the above. This takes place in 1984, correct? You'll have plenty to choose from. I'd love to see me some Yellow Magic Orchestra.

• universetwisters likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:19 PM

It takes place in late 83-84. And the radio stations are a WIP so I just chose the songs I know of the top of my head for now. Tbh its not really a main issue for me now so Its kind of an afterthought. The characters and gameplay are taking center stage for me now.

Im thinking about expanding the map to the east and include some Alderney (New Jersey) countryside and add Atlantic City. But I'm still hesitating on that.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Playing It Cool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Concept Story 2014
    Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:41 AM

Im thinking about expanding the map to the east and include some Alderney (New Jersey) countryside and add Atlantic City. But I'm still hesitating on that.

Why not. I quite like the Philadelphia centric emphasis of your concept but with the whole Mafia focus, I think AC deserves to be included. How in depth could the countryside be without infringing on GTAIV's rendition of Alderney?

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:32 PM

Well I always pictured the GTA IV rendition of Alderney to just be Northern Alderney. Like the northern part of Jersey that is part of the NYC metro area. Like Newark and Jersey city. And the part I have depicted so far is the Philadelphia part which is Camden. So I could depict quite a bit of countryside in southern Alderney and stretch out to AC which is on the east coast of jersey. And not go into the part of Alderney that was depicted in IV. Thats was north Alderney this is Southern Alderney.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:38 AM Edited by gtamann123, 31 March 2014 - 01:39 AM.

Prologue

"Growing Up Quick"

Given By: Auto Start

Can Be Started By: Auto Start

The game begins and the main story loads for the first time. The Screen is Black and we the following text

"South Bennington, July 8th 1968"

The screen then cuts to a scene of a young boy being beaten by a gang of older boys on a playground. 

"Ahh"

Screams the largest boy as he delivers a drop kick towards the camera.

"What the hell Ted? To weak to pick on someone maybe a little older?"

We hear from off screen. The camera then shifts and we see a group of three boys walking toward the circle that had formed around the beating victim.

"Well the little ass deserved it, Got in the way of the men playing football"

The group charges at the bully. The player seamlessly takes control of the tallest of the group as he enters the brawl. The on screen instructions tell us how to fight and after a brief tutorial we are left to defeat Ted. After Ted has been knocked out we see two more boys. Even older walk toward the commotion. Just then another boy enters the screen carrying two baseball bats and he hands one to the same boy we were controlling before in the brawl. We then take control of the boy who delivered the bats and confront the older boys as. These new enemies are more of a challenge than the first bully but with a baseball bat in hand they shouldn't be to terrible of a challenge. The game drops you hints at using a melee weapon and then leaves you to knock out the two older boys. Once this is complete the two boys who came to the younger boy's rescue come and give him a hand up.

"What an asshole. Come on lets go home and get you cleaned up":

The boys are then shown walking off the playground and towards a row of houses that borders the playground. 

The Theme song begins to play and the screen fades to black. As the song plays we see the opening credits of the game displayed as the boys are shown carrying the younger boy into the back of a row house and up the stairs to a 1960s style bathroom. They set him on the toilet and dab his wounds clean with a rag and bandage him up. The boys then make their way to the basement and are shown giving the younger boy fighting lessons on a sack of potatoes hanging from an overhead beam in a dark shabby basement. The camera pans around the young boy and behind the sack and when it emerges from the sack the young boy is shown to be a buffed young man punching an actual punching bag shirtless. With the two other boys from the prologue shown standing in roughly the same places they were 15 years ago. The Music abruptly stops and the cutscene for the next mission starts as the words "Chapter I: Life and Death in Bennington" is shown 3/4th the way down the screen. 

Achievement Unlocked: Growing Up Quick....

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:09 AM Edited by gtamann123, 01 April 2014 - 02:09 AM.

Chapter I: Life and Death in Bennington

"A day in the life"

Given By: Autostart

Can Be Startd By: Autostart

After the prologue we flow into the first mission. We join the protagonists in the same basement from the prologue except 15 years have passed and the young boys are now young men. The weak child who was punching the sack of potatoes is now a buffed man pounding away at an actual punching bag. "Alright enough of that sh*t. You're gonna rip the damn ceiling down"

Says the oldest brother Vinny as he and Mikey walk up the stairs. Tommy soon follows and joins his brothers in the living room upstairs. They take seats around coffee table and Mikey flips on the TV 

"Good morning and welcome to Weazel News' morning broadcast. The date is December 8th 1983, President Carey gave a speech yesterday on the state of the Econ..."

The news anchor on screen fades out when the phone on the end table rings and Vinny answers it

"Yeah, Really? what happened? alright see ya there" 

Vinny tells his brothers that he just got a call from Frankie that something went down last night and there is "Something" out back behind Carbonettis for the brothers to pick up. The brothers grab their coats and head out the front door. Once outside we can see that the ground is covered in a blanket of snow and Vinny's Albany is parked on the street. The brothers climb into the car and Vinny takes the wheel. The player takes control of Vinny with a route to Carbonettis marked on the radar. Follow the route across the snowy and slippery streets of South Benny to the restaurant only a few blocks away. When you arrive you are instructed to pull around to the loading dock behind the restaurant. Frankie meets you around back and pulls back a white sheet to reveal a mangled bloodied body. He says that the poor sap thought it would be a good idea to fraternize with the Mazetta's and the boss had him brought here for a "Talking to" and things got a little out of hand. The boys wrap the body in the sheet and load him into Vinny's trunk.

"Uhh what the f*ck are we gonna do with this guy?"

Asks Tommy. 

"Take him somewhere they wont find his poor ass"

Says Vinny as the route to an abandoned packing plant on the western edge of south Benny is revealed. Follow the route as it leads you across the district and when you arrive pull through the gate into the snowy lot. Vinny's Albany can barely trudge its way through the snow pack but will eventually make it to the old loading bay. When you make it back there Mikey gets out and opens up one of the dumpsters near the loading dock. The brothers lift the cadaver out of the trunk and lift it into the dumpster. The brothers get back into the car and head out. Follow the route to Vaughns bar which is located back on the brother's part of town only a couple blocks from their house. When you arrive pull into the marker arrow in the parking lot. The brothers head inside and start shooting the sh*t with the female bar tender Christy and order a round of beers. The camera then fades out and rejoins the brothers about a couple hours later when they have worked up a pretty decent buzz.The boy's uncle Salvatore is shown walking in the front door of the bar.

"What the hell guys getting drunk this early?"

Says Sal. And after he says that another drunken fool pushes sal out of the way and he falls to the floor. The brothers get angered at this and you are seamlessly put in control of Tommy as the drunken brawl begins. It is Tommy and his brothers against three other drunken idiots. Fist fighting is more difficult when you are drunk. You are actions are slower and moving about is harder. Basically what the objective at this point is to just deal as much damage as possible. After you have dealt enough damage to the opponents the back out of the fight and leave. The boys then stumble out the back door of the bar and start walking down the street where they are spotted by a cop. The cop takes them in for public drunkenness and takes them to the police station in South Benny. We next see the brothers sitting in a holding cell a few hours later when a guard come sup and allows them to go. They meet the Cavaletti families lawyer Oscar. He says he has arranged for all fines relating to the ordeal to be paid and has gotten Vinny's car out of impound. You spawn as Vinny out back of the police station next to your car. Climb in and the two other brothers hop in as well. Night has fallen and the day is winding to an end. Head back to the Tomasetto family home and pull into the marker arrow out front. You respawn as Mikey as he climbs out of bed the next morning with the phone ringing down stairs and his mother yelling at him to answer it. You can either answer the phone or get dressed and explore the city as Mikey. The other two brothers are not available at this time.  

-No Reward-

Red "M" on the map at the ringing phone in the Tomasetto family's kitchen.  

Loosestring
  • Loosestring

Paranoid Android

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:32 AM

I haven't read the missions yet, but it looks promising, mate. I did get a massive sense of Mafia, especially Mafia II. Don't get it as a bad thing, actually it's a good criticism. I played and beat the Mafia II during this semester, and good story, well-foiled fiction. My only suggestion is maybe you should include 80's (especially early 80's, the date fits with your story well) famous heroin epidemic. Detroit, Philly and some bordered cities are known to be shaken by the epidemic harshly. I think it would be good. For example, Mafia may push heroin in Harry's club, instead of cocaine. Also, maybe you should touch on AIDS epidemic, too, it could not be a big part of the story, but it would act as little historal referrence and a little plot to the story. I mean, I would keep a track on this.  :^:

• ivarblaauw likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:41 PM

I haven't read the missions yet, but it looks promising, mate. I did get a massive sense of Mafia, especially Mafia II. Don't get it as a bad thing, actually it's a good criticism. I played and beat the Mafia II during this semester, and good story, well-foiled fiction. My only suggestion is maybe you should include 80's (especially early 80's, the date fits with your story well) famous heroin epidemic. Detroit, Philly and some bordered cities are known to be shaken by the epidemic harshly. I think it would be good. For example, Mafia may push heroin in Harry's club, instead of cocaine. Also, maybe you should touch on AIDS epidemic, too, it could not be a big part of the story, but it would act as little historal referrence and a little plot to the story. I mean, I would keep a track on this.  :^:

Hmm i never really knew about an early 80s heroin epidemic. Thanks for letting me know! 

Expect more missions tonight

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:20 AM

Not sure what the future of this concept will be. I have immense writers block right now and can't really get any ideas flowing for it. Pretty much all my creative energy is pushing towards a GTA: Dixie concept and that's all can think about. I will have to ponder over the weekend if I will continue working on this or work on the Dixie concept. I can't really do both at the same time.     

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:37 AM Edited by universetwisters, 11 April 2014 - 02:39 AM.

Lordy damn, this concept is looking great! I read through the suburbs, props to you for giving a nod to the suburbs, seeing as barely anyone here gives them any notice, not even rockstar themselves!

Also, if you need any more radio ideas, why not a folk rock station? Seeing as your current rock station has heavy rock and stuff, why not some stuff from the Woodstock era, like Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Allman Brothers, and so forth? I mean, holy damn. You can't go wrong with the Allman brothers.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:01 AM

Thanks man. Yeah this concept is good but I have been working on a new one recently. It was originally a deep south one but I decided to switch it to Northern San Andreas. But I may come back and revisit this concept soon. Thanks for the radio station input :^:   

• universetwisters likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:15 AM

Thanks man. Yeah this concept is good but I have been working on a new one recently. It was originally a deep south one but I decided to switch it to Northern San Andreas. But I may come back and revisit this concept soon. Thanks for the radio station input :^:   

I'd much rather see this concept be perfected, rather than having a gooblagoo of half-made ones. You pretty much hit the nail in the head with the suburbs as far as making a fictional world goes, so why not expand on that with radio, vehicles and so on?

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:17 AM

Good point. Its just that I have been having A little trouble writing a period piece that is set so long ago. But yeah i totally want this to pan out 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:21 AM

Good point. Its just that I have been having A little trouble writing a period piece that is set so long ago. But yeah i totally want this to pan out 

There's a lot of good references to the 80s you can find online. I know a member on here, trip, lives in Philly and he was very most likely from around that time. You could ask him.

KD himan
  • KD himan

The Electro AfghaN™

• BUSTED!
  • Vietnam

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

Hey you said this is also on PC Platform but how? 

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:18 PM

This is just a concept thread not a mod. I wish it were a mod but it isn't unfortunately and is just Fan Fic

Vanto
  • Vanto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:21 PM

This is just a concept thread not a mod. I wish it were a mod but it isn't unfortunately and is just Fan Fic

The PC version will be released in Summer 2019.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:03 PM

Oh its just a fictional release date. I like to make my concepts somewhat realistic
  • Vanto likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:24 PM

"Bosses Orders"

Started By: Answering Phone in The Tomasetto's kitchen

Can be Started By: Autostart

Mikey answers the ringing telephone in the Tomasetto family kitchen "This is Mikey" he says as he picks up the phone. 

"Mikey its Frankie, Get you and your brothers down to the restaurant right now, my dad wants to meet with you guys"

Mikey hangs up the phone and calls upstairs to his sleeping brothers. Telling them to get dressed and ready to head to Carbonetti's to meet with the boss. 

The brothers emerge from their respective rooms and meet Mikey in the front yard "Who called up and said the boss wants to see us?" says Tommy. Mikey responds and tells him that Frankie called. 

The brothers pile into Vinny's Albany again and Vinny takes the wheel and the player is given control of him. Follow the route back to Carbonnetti's It isn't too far and you can just pull into street parking in front of the restaurant when you arrive. The brothers walk through the door and are greeted by the host who directs the guys to the Don's office upstairs. They enter his office and we are introduced to Georgio Cavletti for the first time. The boys take a seat and have a conversation with the Don about trust and aout a local store owner who is refusing to pay the family's cut. He instructs them to head over there and coax the money out of him one way or another. 

After the cutscene the player spawns out front of the restaurant in control of Vinny again. Hop back in the Albany or any 4 door vehicle of your choice. Follow the route about 6 or 7 blocks to the West to fine the store in question "7th Street Tobacco and convenience" is the name of the small corner convenience store. park your vehicle and lead the brothers into the shop as Vinny. Once you walk through the door it transitions into the cutscene "We heard you were being a little tight on the protection this month Dave. You know the boss don't like that" Says Vinny as he approaches the counter. "Please Vincent I am just having a tough time this month. With everything the way it is and all. I promise I will pay you double in January when the business picks up again" says the shop owner as he cowers back from the counter. You regain control of Vinny and are instructed to get the Family's money. This basically serves as the extortion tutorial and you can use whatever means you see fit of extorting the shop owner. Extorting the shop owner will be easier than a typical extortion and once you get his meter past the required spot he gives in and divulges that the money is in the safe in his office. Vinny send Tommy to the office to collect the money and as he walks to the back office three men enter the corner store. They almost instantly recognize Vinny and Mikey as two of the guys who fought their friends at the bar the night before. The draw handguns and you are thrown into Mikey's shoes as he takes cover behind a shelf in the store. Tommy emerges from the back room and tosses a pistol to Mikey. Once you have the pistol you can open fire on the goons. Vinny and Tommy wil also help so taking them out won't be too difficult. You can use basic pop and shoot mechanics like in GTA IV and GTA V to dispatch of the foes. Once they have bit the dust the brothers leave the store and hop in whatever vehicle they arrived in. A faint sound of police sirens are heard coming toward the shop. "That f*cker Dave called the cops!" You take control of Tommy behind the wheel of the car and engage in your first police chase. You only have a one star wanted level but as you are pulling away one of the squad cars spots you and makes your car. So you will have to out maneuver the police and get out of their sight in order to lose them. Once you have lost the cops you are instructed to head back to Carbonetti's the brothers head back and bring the cash to the Boss up in his office. He hand the boys their cut for a job well done. You respawn as Vinny standing out back behind the restaurant finishing a cigarette. There are two mission icons on the map at this time. A Yellow "D" (stands for Don) at the front door to Carbonetti's (Which means it is available to Vinny) and a Red "M" at the King of Spades Gentleman's club in the Northern part of South Benny. There is nothing available for Tommy just yet. The Mikey mission will be the next one covered. 

-Vinny: $750

-Mikey: $650

-Tommy: $600

-South Bennington Extortion missions unlocked. 

Yellow "D" at the front door to Carbonetti's

-Red "M" at King Of Spades. 

• ivarblaauw likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users