2007rave.jpg

• ShinobiFixer likes this

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:30 PM

So what when people in real life get into combat situations they're supposed to just stand in front if each other like it's the 1700's.

Please don't compare rolling around like a chimp to any combat situation! Real shooters don't have auto aim and you can't fire back when your curled up fetal rolling around! 

If it made me invincible and earned me a free car I wouldn't do it. I've got enough ways to look like a DB!

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

God Is Great, Beer Is Good, People Are Crazy

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:38 PM Edited by AiraCobra, 26 February 2014 - 05:41 PM.

Please don't compare rolling around like a chimp to any combat situation! Real shooters don't have auto aim and you can't fire back when your curled up fetal rolling around! 

But he's got a point.

You wouldn't in game or real life just stand out in the open if there is some place for you to hide behind

Seriously, anyone got in a fight with these guys who just roll around on the ground when they see you?

Then you end up wasting your bullets shooting these stupid f*ckers and they catch you on the reload

They're worse than the guys that spend like an eternity behind cover and as soon as you come out into the open bam they pop out of cover and shoot you after 2 minutes of jerking their dicks behind the wall

f*ck I hate the combat in this game

You got schooled by a better player.

You're butthurt deal with it so you can get out of the "Red Zone"

butthurt_level_advisory_system_by_l33tn3

• SonofLosSantos likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:42 PM Edited by Vooodu, 26 February 2014 - 06:34 PM.

Seriously, anyone got in a fight with these guys who just roll around on the ground when they see you?

Then you end up wasting your bullets shooting these stupid f*ckers and they catch you on the reload

They're worse than the guys that spend like an eternity behind cover and as soon as you come out into the open bam they pop out of cover and shoot you after 2 minutes of jerking their dicks behind the wall

1.) Free Aim..

2.)  Deal with it.

I mean seriously.. You expect the player to just stand there and not fight back?

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:44 PM Edited by jcph3, 26 February 2014 - 05:45 PM.

But he's got a point.

You wouldn't in game or real life just stand out in the open if there is some place for you to hide behind

No, because rolling around in the open is not gaining cover! In fact it's the opposite and all it does is make you look like a chimp and gives me another hole to aim at!   :lol:

oo00oo00oo
  • oo00oo00oo

O.O

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

idk lol.  seems realistic i guess

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

Creative mind at work

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:30 PM

Hell yea the npcs have like x10 the armor we have and wont stay the **** down they flop worse then Lebron James.

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:32 PM

Well this definitely helps with deathmatches, my most recent 11-2 and 19-4 were the cause of this obvious and useful strategy.. 

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:40 PM Edited by ShinobiFixer, 27 February 2014 - 12:41 PM.

2007rave.jpg

I love rolling.  In game and irl...... 

Anyways, I like how no one reveals their secrets to better shooting.  For instance, like holding down "X" on PS3 while aiming to move around faster.  Still don't like the fact that I can't shoot in prone position or crouched, I'd rather use STEALTH as a strategy as opposed to rolling around as a strategy.  The combat is definitely annoying however, as good as I think I am there are always those hyperactive assf*cks you run into.

Shadow-sxs
  • Shadow-sxs

Bubbles

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:48 PM

I just wish it was better at detecting your situation. Whenever I try to roll out from a corner my character decides to climb the obstacle infront of me. The only reason anyone rolls is just to break auto-aim, nothing more nothing less. Go free-aim if you want to get rid of them :pp

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:02 PM

It's also a good idea to roll when you're reloading.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

Wow..just wow. Player complaining that auto aim doesn`t play the game by itself...

NuklerGhost101838
  • NuklerGhost101838

All men die; Few men ever really LIVE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:20 PM

The combat roll has saved me on multiple occasions. Prime example: Just the other day I got into a public session and this fool with a Sandking tried to shoot me up straightaway, but I had spawned by the corner of a building so I combat-rolled to the side of the building and was safe. Then he got into his Sandking and tried to run me over so again I combat-rolled and he slammed into wall. By then I was officially enraged so I murdered him before he could get a shot at me then hauled my ashes out of there.

The combat roll is a tactic that has obviously been proven to work based on the posts in the thread, and as a few above me have stated, it is also a very realistic tactic to use.

• ShinobiFixer likes this

siray
  • siray

Vaas

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:20 PM

It's also a good idea to roll when you're reloading.

i thought it stops reloading

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:23 PM

I hate it too, it's almost like when people dolphin dive on COD and BF.

prototypetom
  • prototypetom

purveyor of exasperated sighs

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:27 PM

the thread title had me laughing. i love its simple heartfelt honesty.

but rolling is good. I don't roll too much myself, but i like shooting at people that do. its important because the combat would be very one-dimensional without it, but also the joy of how ridiculous players look when they roll -> die (which is an apt pun given the gamble of fighting exposed).

sure there's people you could argue do it too much, and it can be annoying, but annoying doesn't mean it shouldn't be there. (except maybe rolling with RPG)

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:55 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 27 February 2014 - 03:58 PM.

I hate it too, it's almost like when people dolphin dive on COD and BF.

So, you hate players for using a legitimate game mechanic to try and survive a firefight, but you don`t hate yourself for your inability to shoot for sh*t. Out of curiosity - am I allowed to sidestep / strafe in said games, or use cover or flanking? Just asking a pro...

Way to put guilt on anything else but your sorry self, sir. 

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:07 PM

don't go play something as silly as auto-aim and than expect the game to make sense

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users